All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
207 5th Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice get away!"
Great location! close to good restaurants, night life, convention center, harbor etc.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Edna
"Not right for you if you plan to sleep"
Fun hotel, great service but if you are a business traveler or anyone in need a good night's sleep, this is not the hotel for you. The hotel did a really poor job in sound proofing, so you hear everything! There is a night club over the pool and downstairs. I would recommend asking for a room on a high floor that doesn't overlook the pool area. The hotel really should have ear plugs in every room and should warn guests if they are going to be having a DJ out at the pool until 2am.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Didn't Love it"
If you are looking for a party hotel then this is the place for you. The hotel turns into party central over the weekend with a nightclub. The pool is a big party on Sunday. I was there for a conference and would have liked a more relaxing setting. I also didn't like that on Tuesday they allowed someone to rent out the entire pool area and didn't tell hotel guests it would be closed. It was frustrating to leave what I was doing, put on the swimsuit and sunscreen to only find out the pool was closed when I got to it. It would have been easy for the hotel to notify guests of the situation in advance. The room walls are also very thin, so you will hear everything in the hallway. Not a good choice for families or business travelers. Excellent option for those looking to party hard on the weekend.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Loved it!"
There on a conference - everything was perfect!!!
4 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
cynthia
"It isn't thr HRH Vegas"
The place was ok, but not all that. Denied entrance to the hotel bar (not the club) as a guest, due to a baseball cap, 20 minutes after the game that brought us to the hotel in the first place and the hotel is right at the park...that was weird. And the pool is a postage stamp size with a very odd bar layout. It was ok, but not what we'd hoped for, I know nothing will be as good as a Vegas pool, but we expected more than a puddle.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Morrison
Great stay and centrally located. awesome pool and hot tub
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Perfect spot!! Parking- prepare to valet for 45 bucks!!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Excellent hotel and great statf"
Had a great experience at the hard Rock hotel in gas lamp district. The staff and location are great
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent location"
We could not have selected a better location. Right in the heart of the Gaslamp District within walking distance to great restaurants, stores, PetCo Stadium, viewd of the water, etc. Had a great breakfast at MaryJanes -- great sticky bun and tasty hashbrown with an omlette. The bellstaff was very helpful in pointing out their favorite restaurants and providing solid directions. Thanks for a great stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"EXCELLENT!!!"
Warm welcoming staff just a great place to be everything you need is their great food, entertainment, well appointed rooms ..you don't even need to leave the hotel it's all there everything you need for an incredible weekend.
renee
"Great Stay and Location"
The hotel was great overall. There were some issues at first with getting there during the time of check-in. The street was blocked where I was to turn into to get to the hotel, and I had to go around a few times just to find the right place to turn since there are so many one way streets and other blocked off areas. Other than that, the staff was excellent and friendly, any time we needed something or had a question they were a phone call away to help us with our needs. The beds were so comfortable it is was so easy to fall asleep. I really like how there's a pool party but there really isn't enough pool or places to lounge when so many people going during those social hours.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great for a Bachelotte weekend!"
Everything was great! The only issue we had was at the pool. It's super small & the seating is terrible. My group had been in an "open" seating area for 3 hours when we told to move. The first guy who spoke with us was a jerk but the manager did his job. He was able to find another spot for my group. And our weekend continued without any other interruptions. We all left with great memories!!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Nice location. Both bars played the same style of music (bad) had to leave the Hard Rock to find Rock
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
I had an amazing time!!!! I brought In my birthday the way I wanted to and would come back to the hard rock again. The staff was great and made me feel like I was at home
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
We picked this hotel for its price and location. The hotel staff who checked us in was very pleasant. We had a good night sleep.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Happy Gal
"Business as usual"
Great hotel.... great location.... friendly staff.
5 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"great location - very friendly staff"
will return - everything great --- did take a while to be acknowlegded and served at the pool bar about 5pm
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Ooooh, That Smell"
Stayed here four nights to attend a convention at the convention center nearby. The location is pretty good for this purpose, except you have to cross railroad/trolley lines and a very busy Harbor Drive to get to the convention center. This is not so at other close hotels like the Marriott. Check in is slow. Be prepared. The staff is friendly and competent but they are obviously slowed down by their computer system and requirements to ask you about your music preference and other b.s. This hotel needs more front desk staff. I never saw all the stations full. (Also, concierge was often absent, which meant little to me because I was working the whole time during my visit.) The room was very modern, shower and toilet in separate little booths. Pretty cool, actually. Bed was comfy and pillows excellent. TV worked OK if slow between channels. As a classical music guy, I did not check out the free guitars, etc. I did go up to the Float, the 4th floor open pool, hot tub, bar area. Pretty nice if a bit cramped when full of young folks. Good scene if you are 25, not so great if you are 60. And now to the smell. Yep, that smell. I don't mean weed but an odd mixture of sewage, decay, and car air freshener. The hall way on my floor had it throughout. Luckily, it was less near my room and so inside my room it was OK most of the time. Sometimes, my room ventilation system would put out air freshener odor. Strong. Lastly, elevators were sometimes out of order.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
MadisonGrog
"Wasn't impressed"
The whole hotel smelled like sulfar
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Great hotel in a great location. Perfect place to stay for a bachelor party. We were in the heart of downtown, and all bars/restaurants we wanted to go to were within walking distance. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone. The amenities and service were outstanding as well.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great location, party atmosphere"
The location of this hotel is perfect to the Gaslamp quarter. The rooms are modern and comfortable. This hotel caters to a party atmosphere so if you're looking for a quiet night stay at your own risk. The staff are super accommodating and when we were first placed in a room next to a suite with a big party happening they were very quick to move us 2 floors down and away from them. There were still late night revelers in the hallway coming back after a night of fun and while their episodes were brief there were many. Our room was incredibly comfortable and with the location where it is we did have a great weekend. Our lack of sleep is at no fault to the hotel and if we were staying in SD for a party we'd come back here.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
KayaB
"great location and at"
I come to san diego all the time. Hard rock is the perfect get away. Its in a perfect location to all the bars, shopping, and restaurants.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"Hotel is great customer service needs work."
My only complaint is customer service needs improvement. My keys kept getting demagnetized (mind you my phone was not near me) having to keep going to downstairs to fix this issue was annoying.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Not enough information"
The information about the hotel bars was incorrect. We went there to party at Float and it was closed for a private party and there was no mention of that anywhere.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
RED
"Hard Rock Hotel Review"
Very clean and beautiful.. rooms were kinda small but very chic.. The bathroom was the best part of the room. I did not like all the candy, alcohol and drinks on display for purchase in the room and they filled up the fridge with their merchandise and left no room for things i brought that needed to be refrigerated.. other then that the stay was lovely.. and the staff was really friendly.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Kendall
"Vegas Vibe"
Loveeeed this hotel, we've always gone on spontaneous trips to San diego we've always tried something new and by far this has been one of the best hotels, roomy, clean, great location. Only down side is the minibar inside the room TOO tempting we ended up opening 3 bottles, soda and water(wish the water was complementary). Also we weren't that happy with the non privacy shower/bathroom! But overall would most likely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Trendy hotel right downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. Walking distance to most everything.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Overall a great experience."
Comfortable room, easy access to the Gas Lap district and across the tracks from the Convention Center.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Kathryn
"Excellent Hotel"
The hotel was amazing, I stayed in a Queen Suite and it was wonderful. Staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay there again. Location was great. Rooftop bar was fun with the fireplaces.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great time in San Diego"
Loved the location and you couldn't ask for better service from staff.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Wendy
"Housekeeping"
Hotel was great , I would defiantly stay there again . The only complaint I have is housekeeping was a little loud on Monday morning !! Lots of banging !! Other than that I have no complaints !!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Great place to stay but not to eat!"
Service and the staff was excellent!the room was a little different than the picture of the room that was shown on your web site. the bathroom toilet ran all night. the tv in the bedroom did not work when we first went into the room. I understand why Mary Janes was not really busy compared to other resturants in the area. very pricey compared to other places to chose from in the area. I made more for breakfast than at MJs, the think that got me was I paid $38 for drinks for breakfast. $8 for a glass of milk. I traveled with my 2 children.Really?I would come back just I would not eat at your Hotel. I am a member of the HR Casino players club and been at a number of your hotals. When I first arrived you had a large group. and we could not eat at the 4th resturant. Left a bad impression right at the beginning
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Martin
"Rocker chic"
Greeting from staff was top notch! Room was of good size, modern, and nicely appointed. Mini bar was too small & stocked to put anything in. Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning was nice. Location right in the Gas Lamp Quarter. I payed more for the room and parking than I did at the other bay front hotel I spent a night at, but the service and experience was worth it.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Stefan
"Love this hotel!"
Everyone was very nice and helpful love this place.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
sonia
"Wintervention"
here for a quick get away. great service and fun hotel. this hotel is going to be loud and party like vibe, especially if there's an event or concert going on. which is what we were there for so that was fine.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"Nice hotel but extremely noisy."
The hotel staff was very nice and even gave my fiance and I a suite upgrade for free after hearing about our engagement. Everything was perfect until night time. People were up partying on their balconies all night and the people below us were out until 9am the next morning (no joke). We got absolutely no sleep. We notified the hotel of this matter and they gave us an extended late check out and a $40 restaurant credit which was nice but still did not change the fact that we got no sleep. Probably wont be staying here again.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Tony
"Stupendous"
Our stay was great. The hotel is in a good location to hit bars at the gas lamp.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Located right in the heart of Gaslamp"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for Valentine's Day weekend. The Hard Rock is hip, trendy, and located right in the heart of the Gaslamp district.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Megan
Awesome hotel great views and right in the heart of gaslamp district. Everything in walking distance.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel close to all restaurants"
Staff was nice and rooms were great. The hotel music was great and I enjoyed the Starbucks on site
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Great staff. And lots to do inside the hotel and around town. Definitely great for a young crowd looking to party and turn up.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"First stay at Hard Rock"
We stayed at the Hard Rock because we were going to Supercross at Petco Park. The hotel was nice and in a great area with tons of restaurants/bars. We were on the 2nd floor so at night you could hear the loud music from the bar below but we went out and go back around the time the music was ending. We would stay at the Hard rock again.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Nichole
"Perfectly located in the Gaslamp"
Great facility. The only issue was outside noise. Trash trucks began running at 5 in the morning which sounded like they were coming from the inside of your room,
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Just a mini trip."
A tanker truck parked below our window for about an hour in the middle of the night with the engine running. Hard to sleep.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great Place to Stay!"
I stay at the HardRock every chance I get. It is a fun and lively environment.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Best bet for a hotel in San Diego Gas Lamp quarter"
Went there the night before a conference. Definitely the best location for both conference (is directly across from the middle of the conference center), and for the Gas Lamp entertainment district. The staff were very friendly offering suggestions on bars and things to do. If you're looking for something that's going to be strictly quiet this may not be the best bet with the on-site pool bar on floor 4, but we were looking for a place with more action so this was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Cory
"Perfect"
Loved it
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Amazing staff and close to everything!"
From the minute we pulled up until we checked out, the staff was superb! Hotel is close to great restaurants and shopping. We received a complimentary upgrade and the room was amazing! The hotspots recommended to us were super fun and we enjoyed our stay very much. Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Mami4
"Hard Rock Rocks Hard"
Fun hotel in the heart of the action and the perfect hub for going out on the town and sightseeing. However, this means it's not very quiet at night if you are hoping to relax or sleep. Desk and door staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel offers bikes to check out to see the town, and there is a spa on site. This is the place to party like a rock star. Responsibly, of course!
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Sabrina
"Think twice before you stay here!!"
I have never stayed at a Hard Rock Hotel before. They had me on the 6th floor over the weekend. Keep in mind I came in for business not pleasure. If you plan on staying make sure you plan to be woke up at least a couple of times during the night with horrible screaming and partying. This is definitely a party hotel and not for business. However, they moved me up several floors to compensate for the noise. Went up to the new room and there was trash in the toilet just floating. It was pretty aggravating given I just spent almost a grand on this room for 4 nights. Went back down stairs moved to the room next door, slept through the night finally and woke up to take a shower in the am and the shower had leftover body hair inside. I decided enough is enough. I took my stuff and went across to the Omni hotel which was far more cleaner and nicer. Learned my lesson. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Staff was kind, however the hotel experience was horrible.
4 night business trip Jan 8, 2015