All hotels in Bal Harbour, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here10295 Collins Ave, Bal Harbour, FL, 33154, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

IL
3 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
MX

TripAdvisor reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami

"A Great Stay Marred by Theft"
04/27/15 LuxHappy Ithaca, NY
We were looking for a warm weekend getaway and having stayed at the Setai, and Fontainebleau wanted somewhere relaxing and out of the SoBe hustle. The hotel fit the bill perfectly. Checking in late Friday evening for two nights, the staff immediately recognized we wanted to get to bed and had us in our (upgraded) room in five minutes. The next day we had a great breakfast with excellent, personal and warm service followed by a day at the beach (including great service and complimentary sun screen/water). Dinner we ate outside the hotel but came back for dessert in the room which was great and prompt. While the wi-fi was broken for half of the stay for the entire hotel, these things happen. The only issue was, upon preparing to takeoff after checking out Sunday morning, I realized I left a pair of noise cancelling headphones in their case in the bed room. Immediately when I landed back in New York I called the hotel, and was assured they would be found and returned, when I mentioned potential theft, they said "never, not here" and based on my great stay and the hotel's small size I trusted them. The headphones were in a case with my business card and full information. The next morning, when I called (the hotel said that they would call and never did), I was told that they were never turned in and were not there. Having remembered them exactly in the room, I am very disappointed. Not only did I follow up notifying the hotel I forgot them within 4 hours of check out, I had my business card and full contact information in the case, not to mention I was assured they would find them. This was not what I have come to expect from Ritz Carlton hotels.
"A great get-away and battery recharge"
04/23/15 ljkellman Washington DC
Travelling all over the world to say this was one of our best experiences, is no small statement. It started with Amanda with guest services and my conversation about what we were looking for in this trip. Amanda was fabulous! This was a much needed escape to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We arrived to find an upgrade to an incredible suite with dueling balconies (see pictures) and view of literally all on Miami. To make it all the sweeter the chocolate covered strawberries and wine allowed us to settle in and begin our relaxation. We had an early arrival and since our room was not ready, we were escorted to a place where we were able to change into our pool attire ( helps to strategically pack your bags). Once at the Pool, Doug and his pool staff ( thank you Marsha for the day of wonderful service) set us up with our cabana ( this does cost extra so ask before you jump into the day bed with your favorite book). The cabana made the first day. Fruit and champagne are included and was an indulgence we needed to kick start our pampering. The hotel is adjacent to the inlet and it was fun to watch all the boats pass by coming and going. Our dinners were coordinated with the concierge desk with our initial night eating at the hotel. The menu is very nice and we ended up eating dinner at the hotel twice one because the food was really good and two, we were just too relaxed to get dressed up for an evening out on Saturday night. Breakfast was included and the dining room features an extensive breakfast buffet including an omelet station on the weekends. The hotel is just a 15 minute walk to the Shops at Bal Harbour and we were happy to walk at the end of the day when it was cooler. Speaking of walking, WE walked a couple of hours each day on the beach. The hotel is on the beach and if you choose there are wonderful chairs and staff to take care of you while sitting 20 feet from the surf. We did lounge on the beach one day, but the wind was a little strong and we ended up returning to the pool and our cabana for the remaining 2 days. A couple of additional points to help you decide whether to stay at this hotel. This is a relatively new ( six months at the time of the review) Ritz property and some of the facilities are being updated (the fitness room is in a temporary location but has enough equipment to keep a average person happy). There is only the one restaurant so you may want to contact the concierge for alternatives for dining ( we had one of the best meals at Villa Azur, eat there if you get the chance). The Spa was still getting its finishing touches, but my wife was able to get a manicure right after we arrived. The hotel is a $50 cab ride from Miami airport and we chose not to get a car this trip and cabs were an economical alternative to renting a car ( we were not interested in leaving the hotel property and the surrounding area dining choices). This hotel is not a "resort"property but there are plenty of attractions in the area such as jet skis, sailing or fishing. The concierge was available to coordinate extra activities, but we just chose not to participate in any of these this trip. This hotel is perfect for simple relaxation and pampering. We were not disappointed in any way and look forward to our next trip back
"excellent service - away from the madness of SoBe"
04/18/15 penny m Montreal, Canada
I stayed at the ritz a few weeks ago while i was in town with my daughter and friend checking out the university of Miami. We stayed in a beautiful suite on the 17th floor - the floors are small with only 2 to three apartments on each floor. The room was tastefully decorated in a contemporary manner ( although not really my taste) it was spacious and very comfortable with great views of the ocean. But I've learned in my travels that nice hotels with great views are a dime a dozen - what separates the good from the truly great are the people that work there and the service. In this case in both instances i found this place extraordinary.The staff is attentive caring and so very accommodating . Unlike a lot of the hotels in south beach - here they treat you like they are happy to have you there and will give you the utmost service so that you keep coming back- a quiet luxury! . The concierge - Felipe was amazing -truly world class - he even personally went out and bought me a suitcase when my Miami shopping got a little ahead of me - lol. He was very attentive to the needs of us travelling with a child and went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of - even offered the card of someone who went to UMiami for us to call if we needed more info. To me its always about the people - that is what makes the difference and because of a concierge who cares and offers extraordinary service - i felt this experience was extraordinary. No South beach party animals , just peace, luxury and impeccable service - a sense that the people who work there care about their customers - what more can i ask for???
"Great beach retreat!"
04/09/15 JH2312 New York City, New York
Just spent 3 days in an ocean view suite. Hotel offers extreme privacy as our floor had only 2 suites Service was fantastic . Everybody from the check in person to the pool and beach staff was friendly and helpful Beach front is gorgeous with comfortable lounge chairs , spa water, and complimentary sunscreen Loved every minute of our time there
"Babymoon in heaven, where the ocean is warm in April!!!"
04/08/15 Abra B Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
From the minute we arrived, the quiet luxury to be had at the Ritz Carlton was apparent. True five star hotels like this assume that travelers expect a lot, and they went beyond my high expectations. The staff went way beyond expectations by explaining the significant art and interior design details of the hotel because I told them I was an art teacher. The hotel is pristine, and they take pride in their careers. Since we were celebrating a babymoon, the hotel treated us to a lovely handwritten note and a basket of bath goodies, candles, chocolates, and non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice. We enjoyed the most romantic bath ever in the spectacular deep soaking tub with panoramic view of the turquoise water. I could go on about this spectacular bathroom for days! It was like the sea was our own private fish tank. I showered while watching dolphins jump and sting rays swim below. AWESOME lightly scented bath products by Asprey. We simply wanted to take in all of the sun and saltwater we could manage. We arrived early, before our (beautiful) room was ready and were directed to the luxuriously appointed spa changing room to put on bathing suits and head to the pool. I had all the towels, lotions and potions I could want for at my disposal. In the lobby, there were hot herbal teas and almonds to snack on. The pool had tasty lemon water and sunscreen always available. Daily service of beach and pool staff, headed by Abraham, was fantastic! We scored daily front row beach chairs, and kept the wait staff busy filling my husbands beverage orders and managing my food cravings. I felt like wonderful people treated us like their favorites. The little touches made the difference. You know you can't go wrong at a Ritz Carlton, but this didn't feel like a boxed, scripted luxury experience. It was boutique- like and special. Private elevators, personal service, I certainly want to come back as soon as baby can travel!
"Room with a view"
04/08/15 KentSara kent
We had a 2 night stopover here and had an amazing trip! Our room was fantastic with a view to die for. The beach and pool areas were good and service was excellent. We particularly thought Juan (lunch service) was very good and the concierge Felipe was exceptional and went over and above the line of duty when our 5 yr old lost her comfort toy, he swiftly found it and took it on a documented adventure which we and our daughter loved and will cherish. Thank you so much Felipe! We would not consider staying anywhere else in Miami, we will be returning.
"Very Relaxing Spring Break"
04/04/15 Annette4233
Traveled with my family during spring break week and was delighted to be able to sleep in a bit and still have plenty of pool chairs or beach chairs to choose from! The staff was all very attentive and knew us all by name. We took a day trip to the Keys and the concierge,Felipe,gave us some wonderful recommendations on places to eat and things to do. It was also ours son's birthday while we were there and the staff went out of their way to make his birthday special with a customized cake and special birthday pastries! The hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere to it which we liked very much. The beach was very nice as well with a special shaded play area set up for the children to play with sand toys. We dined in Miami each night as we thought dining options were sparse in Bal Harbour. Our favorites were: Visa '01, Yardbird Southern Grill and Toro Toro. We would definitely visit again.
"Beautiful Hotel"
04/01/15 annrisd Newburgh, New York
Its a beautiful hotel , but needs some time to work out the kinks. The staff was lovely , just not enough of them for a Ritz Carlton. The room was beautiful , the view was spectacular. Reginold was outstanding in the restaurant and the food was very good.
"Discreet with Great Service"
04/01/15 Harry Alan V North Caldwell, NJ
I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Bal Harbour. I had a great room with soft lighting that was spacious, great bed, clean room and a interesting bathroom with floor to ceiling glass with blinds. It had a separate bathtub with great outdoor view and shower that could accommodate what looked like 4 people and rain shower head. Service is about the best the US offers. It has an elevator for every two rooms in the tower I stayed in. It is on the end of Bal Harbour by a Bridge that goes to a State Park. The beach and pool were rather private. If you are after personallized service, a great room and good food it is a good place to go. The staff was super and went way out of their way for my ever request. You won't be disappointed.
03/12/15 LondonPilot London
From start to finish, this was a really good hotel experience. The room was not the best but had a good sea view from the 4th floor. Adequately spacious with coffee facilities. No tea cups or mugs so espresso coffee or nothing. The breakfast is freshly prepared as was all the dining. The pool is large enough to swim and not run into other users and leads to the private beach. What sets this hotel from the competition is the fantastic staff. The reception, waiting, concierge and pool attendants were all wonderful. When we return to Miami we will keep away from the noise and head back here. Cannot be praised highly enough.