All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
305 West 39th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

Unfortunately, when I got to the hotel there was a problem. We did not stay at the Comfort Inn. They did not have a room available with the request I had made on line. But they did get me a room at the Quality Inn at 36 Street. I was very satisfied with the accommondation. I would go there again.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2014
"Great Time"
My guest and I had a wonderful time the gentleman at the front desk was very customer friendly and courteous. He went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of which we really appreciated.
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2014
M.Noel
"Nice hotel blocks from Times Square"
Stayed overnight with 2 children. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable, although the hotel itself could benefit from some updating. The staff were friendly and helpful. The "breakfast room" is very small, and although we didnt have breakfast there, we did use the vending machines which were well stocked with water , soda and a wide variety of snacks. It may not be a 4 star hotel, but it is very reasonable and serves its purpose, for a relatively cheap night in the city, close to times square, MSG and Penn Station
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Denise
"Great service at the front desk"
My experience was similar to that of other reviewers. Front desk staff was great (especially the woman with longish light brown hair). We arrived early and she offered us a room with two full beds. We probably should have held off and waited for a king bed, but we accepted. The location was great. Close to the theater district and Times Square as well as the blue and red lines. My only complaints were that the granite floor in the bathroom was soul-stealingly cold if you were in socks or barefoot and the other guests on our floor were quite loud in the morning.
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
V.H.
"Great area!!!"
the hotel staff was friendly. our room was clean. and over all it was a great expirence
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
rosie
Stay here repeatedly for business trips and it's a perfect match.
3 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
DB
the location was perfect. the rooms were very small and the bathroom had no heating. very small breakfast room
2 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Kostas Mitsis
"Great Hotel very close to Times Square."
Well my father was stuck in NYC overnight due to the snowstorm so I got him the room at the Comfort Inn to rest for the day. While we waited to check in they held his bag while we walked around Times Square also it was his Birthday and he definitely enjoyed himself.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Rashanna
"Tiny hotel and tiny rooms"
The hotel staff was friendly but the hotel was certainly not comfortable. The breakfast room was the size of a closet. The room was tiny. The tv had almost no channels. The view shows a tiny part of Times Square.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Nicely furnished."
I've been staying in lots of Times Square hotels that look like they were furnished in the 70s, but not this hotel. It had nice updated furnishings, not big rooms, but clean, and it's great to have a coffeemaker and complimentary bottled water in the rooms. The complimentary breakfast every morning is nice. I'd stay here again.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
Anne
The hotel staff was very friendly. Breakfast was ample. I swear that my bathroom had blood splatter on the wall though.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
"Good value for the price"
Hotel was convenient to everything. Very clean but VERY small rooms. My sister and I had difficulty passing each other because everything was squeezed into a very tight space. On the plus side, the hotel staff was more than accommodating, the free breakfast was super and the room was very clean. We were only there one night so it was tolerable to be in such a tight space. I would definitely stay for another short stay.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
Lyn
"Close to Times Square"
Great walking distance to Times Sq! We were able to keep our car parked and just explore the city!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Staff was super friendly and helpful!
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Close to Times Square"
The hotel was clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. It was also very quiet. Parking was available across the street and the cost was reasonable for the city.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Brenda
"Cenrtral location and comfy bed"
We are NYers that wanted a night in Manhattan to catch a show. Wanted a hotel close to Times Square / Theatre, but not in the middle...we found it! 4 rooms per floor and didn't hear the other room TVs or noise. Comfy, clean and a great price. Bed had much better support in it than previous hotels we have stayed in in the price range, but still nice and soft. Continental breakfast was plentiful! The breakfast area was a nook but well appointed eating areas...and could actually fit quite a number of people at one time... breakfast bar style (2 other small tables if you can grab them). We checked in and were given a queen room incorrectly (no view). Space in the queen was tight but who cares (not in the city for the hotel room). We were moved to a King and the room size was much better with a view of 8th Ave. No odors to speak of.. and my allergies DID NOT kill me... nice and clean. Staff was pleasant and helpful! WE WILL DEFINATELY stay here for other date night escapes to a show. Also close enough to 9th Ave to enjoy a non-touristy meal before the show.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Erin
"Nice hotel near times square"
Leo at the front desk was great! Hotel was a great value and I would sty there again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
jen
"Last minute getaway"
Surprised my 2 kids with a trip to NYC. We were on a budget and chose this hotel. The room was small (which is to be expected in NYC for the price) but it was clean, secure, and we were just using it to recoup after sightseeing . The hotel staff was very helpful, and they validated parking at the Icon garage across the street. We were walking distance to Times Square, the subway, etc. They even provided concierge service for our bags, so we didn't have to drag them around after checking out and going sightseeing. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
al
"Nice, close to Times Square"
Overall a good experience. Staff is very kind and helpful. The room was very small for two people, but we didn't spend much time inside, so it was ok. Breakfast was included, but we didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so I don't know how it was. Very close to Times Square.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Business Trip...Would Stay Here Again!"
The location is great, the rooms where clean, smaller property with very friendly and accommodating staff. Great value.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
DB
"Great Price - Great Location"
We stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites and couldn't be happier: -Parking right across the street (we paid $47 for 24-hours) -INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful staff -rooms are a bit smaller, but plenty of room with a safe and place to hang clothes -Very clean rooms with modern decor -walking distance to everything tourist-y -Times Square about 10 blocks away -Breakfast and coffee was delicious and had many options for different health requirements -FREE WIFI! There is nothing that gets a rating below a 10 in my book. Much less expensive than some hotels but not lacking in anything.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2014
Natalie
"need a place to sleep off..was at club near by"
great quiet close to train ..
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
radio city
"Very nice hotel."
Hotel is located very centrally in NYC. Hotel staff is very accommodating.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Great location to SQUEEZE into"
The picture online is not EXACTLY representative of the front of the building. It is the entrance, but it makes it appear to be visible while driving by ... it is actually very tiny. The location is GREAT; subway stop, bus terminal and 42nd st are right outside the hotel. The room was teeny-tiny, the king bed was about 18 inches from each side wall and the desk chair pulled out about 12 inches before bumping into the bed. Two average adults cannot pass by each other without getting "extremely personal" LOL The amenities were GREAT; free wifi, free water, free breakfast and good channels to watch on tv. Would stay here again if traveling without the kids.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2013
AK
"good deal"
its a good budget hotel. free breakfast is good. This is a great place if you are on a budget and just ned a clean safe place to crash
2 night trip Dec 17, 2013
"Acceptable but minimal"
very cold night - bed blocked heater, bathroom very cold. room tiny.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2013
"Good for the price!"
Clean, comfortable room. Small room, but nice sized bathroom. Great mattress and lots of comfy pillows. Coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Good location near Times Square, subway station and Port Authority. Very hospitable and accommodating staff! ++++
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Kim from Texas
"Great economic option near times square!"
Great rooms, breakfast included! Great location and friendly staff. :)
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"NOT WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTING"
THE HOTE IS WELL LOCATED BUT THE SPACE IN THE ROOMS IS EXTREMELY SMALL, THERE ARE NO CLOSETS OR DRAWERS TO PUT THE CLOTHES, VERY UNCONFORTABLE AND TWO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GET. THE BREAKFAST ROOM IS A DISASTER, THERE ARE SPACE ONLY FOR 10 PEOPLE TO SIT, WE WHEN TO EAT OUTSIDE THE HOTEL, IT IS A JOKE. VERY DISSAPOINTED.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
JOSE
"Nice Hotel Close to Times Square!"
Staff was very nice and understanding with questions about transportation and directions. Location is Okay. right next door is a Male strip club (Lol) but on same block and street as Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Inn Suites and Hampton Inn, so not a deal breaker by any means. and closer to 8th St. than the others. We switched rooms so saw both views. South view at the 13th floor was okay. View North on 11th floor you could be the bus terminal and the New York Times building. Being so close to 8th street and the bus terminal you could get a taxi anytime. Starbucks is right across 8th street at the intersection of 39th. The Breakfast was nice, but they don't have but ten seats in the breakfast area with barely room to stand. felt kinda claustrophobic eating breakfast during later hours.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
c
"Very Pleased !"
1st time in NYC and the hotel staff could not have been more accommodating !!!! Would definitely return to this Hotel !
2 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Nanci McKellar
"Excellent service for the price"
You only get what you pay for
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2013
"Close to everything!"
The hotel staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and courteous. This was a reasonable price for being close to all Times Square venues
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Very nice hotel, close to the times square (by foot in 3 minutes) and next to the central bus station. Breakfast is typical american (plastic) breakfast so don't expect to much but the beds are very comfortable and the staff is very nice and helpful. Internet is free and quite fast so that is a big pro ! Would like to stay at this location again!
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Overnight stay"
Great location if you are coming into NY through Penn Station. Only need to roll suitcase 6 blocks. Rooms small but clean. Clean bathroom. Staff very accommodating. Great price for NY.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Okay but not worth the money"
I booked the room because it was one of the few I found that had two queens rather than one king. It also had free wireless which most hotels didn't seem to offer. The room was tiny even by NYC standards. It was right next door to a really loud bar and the windows didn't seem to offer much in the way of noise protection. The hair dryer broker twice. The toilet didn't work properly. The bathroom had someone else's hair on it when we arrived. The sheets made so much noise when you turned over I could barely sleep. I stayed in NYC the weekend of the Marathon but didn't realize this until after I had booked. Now it makes sense why the hotel was so expensive that weekend. Overall the hotel would have been okay for a budget conscious person, but only had a budget conscious price. I was not happy with that I paid for.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
T
"Terrible"
Everyone there is rude , unorganized and I just left because I set up a reservation and they didn't have any room ready plus , it look dirty , plus I was 20 I couldn't get a room and they told me that after was waiting for a hour ! And then I almost mad to pay 181 dollars -.- don't go to this hotel
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
Krys
"Il Divo Concert getaway"
We were very happy with the room and the friendly, accommadating staff. The location was good for us, close enough to the theater and not too far from the megabus stops. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and breakfast was included in the reasonable rate that we paid. Our room was clean and when we could not figure out the shower, they responded quickly. (To turn on the shower, pull the insert piece on the spigot down) It would help to have a sign showing how to do it. We were able to leave our bags there all day the next day while we went shopping. We would be happy to stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2013
Mary Ann
Excellent. Henry was very helpful keeping our bags before and after checking out while we explored the city!
1 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great location, comfortable, great price"
Great location in NYC 1 block from bus, train, subway. Clean updated hotel. Skip the breakfast as its in the basement and highly congested but definitely would recommend this hotel!
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
Rebecca
"convenient location"
close to Penn Station, Port Authority Terminal and Times Square. Rooms ar not to big but still serve the purpose. Free Wi-Fi works and is fast. Breakfast included.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
BergenDevil
"Very convenient location"
The room was clean, bed linens were comfortable, towels were shabby, light bulbs were burned out, and the room was tiny. There was no place to put more than one piece of luggage. The house keeper left the deadbolt folded back and we came back in the evening to find our door ajar. Fortunately nothing was stolen except our peace of mind. The breakfast area was so small that it was hard to get around to get breakfast because it was so crowded. The breakfast selections were adequate. The coffee was good. There were only 4 guest rooms on every floor.
4 night trip Oct 20, 2013
Connie
"Three Factors That Make a Great Hotel"
Three factors that make a great hotel: Location, location and location. This place is steps away from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Times Square, and within walking distance of Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park and many more NYC destinations. The room itself was clean, quiet and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. We have no complaints.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Close to javitz center"
Rooms are small - breakfast was included and great but we had to eat in our room because of space - front desk staff was so helpful - pricey for the size but really close to the convention center with parking across the street
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
lisa
"Last minute stay in NYC"
Had to book a hotel last minute and got a good rate through Expedia ($209/nt). It's not a fancy hotel but the location is great and the staff is very friendly. I had a double room on the 14th floor and it was pretty small. Beds are super comfortable and the room had a nice decor. Furniture was just a little worn and the bathroom is simple but everything was very clean. Will definitely stay there again.
Response by Comfort Inn Times Square South Area
Dear Maria, I'm glad that you enjoyed your New York City experience and your stay with us. We would love for you to come back and experience even more. Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please think of the Comfort Inn Times Square South Hotel your "home away from home". Kind regards, Susana McCoon Front Office Manager
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Maria
"Nice one , cl"
Close to bus station ! Great hotel and great staff , very helpfull and nice with you .
Response by Comfort Inn Times Square South Area
Greetings OVU, we thank you dearly for sharing your fantastic review about your stay. We are very pleased that our ideal location was to your liking and that we were close to your areas of interest. We are happy to hear that you were able to indulge with our service and amenities. We enjoy creating special moments and endless memories so that your stay is always special and unique. Your wonderful compliments about our hotel, service excellence and professional staff are greatly appreciated. We would all be honored to welcome you back and create another wonderful experience here at the Comfort Inn Times Square! Best regards, Susana McCoon Front Office Manager
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
ovu
Hotel lobby is small but the staff gave friendly, excellent service. Price was exactly as quoted. No extra charge for using room phone for local calls. Housekeeping didn't read notes regarding bedsheet changes or coffee. You have a choice if staying multiple nights as to whether you want sheets changed daily or only when you leave the designated signage on the beds. The beds were extremely comfortable. The window a/c worked well and was relatively quiet. There are 4 rooms to a floor. Complimentary breakfast was included in basement level with basic items but close quarters. We ate in our room. Overall the hotel was good but all prices in NYC were high around the week of Sept. 21-25. averaging $400 nightly...higher than I have ever encountered for NYC. This is a good location around the corner from Port Authority and weekend flea market is one block away. I'd go back to this location. We left an item in the room and received a phone call within hours of check-out but we were at LaGuardia airport so, it was too late to come back.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
room was comfortable, service was great
Response by Comfort Inn Times Square South Area
Dear Nancy, Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience while staying with us at the Comfort Inn Times Square South. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we appreciate that you were able to enjoy the comfort of our rooms and location of the hotel. I welcome the opportunity to be of service in the near future and I look forward to becoming you hotel of choice when visiting New York City. With kind regards, Susana McCoon Front Office Manager
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Very convenient, clean and close to all must-see"
It was what I expected, I didn't stay too long in the room during the day , mostly sleeping, the front desk personal was very courteous, and I like their breakfast
Response by Comfort Inn Times Square South Area
Dear Jose R, We sincerely thank you for sharing your wonderful review about your stay. We are very pleased that our ideal location was to your liking and that we were close to your areas of interest. We are happy to hear that you were able to indulge with our service and amenities. We enjoy creating special moments and endless memories so that your stay is always special and unique. Your wonderful compliments about our hotel, service excellence and professional staff are greatly appreciated. We would all be honored to welcome you back and create another wonderful experience here at the Comfort Inn Times Square! Best regards, Susana McCoon Front Office Manager
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Jose R
Close to Times Square and Metro station. Great view from the back top floor. Very comfortable bed. Updated bathroom. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Very quite.
Response by Comfort Inn Times Square South Area
Dear Jean, Thank you very much for your amazing comments, I will be sure to share them with the team. It is always pleasure to hear that our guests have the opportunity to enjoy all that we have to offer as we consistently strive to exceed expectations. Upon your next visit to NYC, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Times Square South! Best regards, Susana McCoon Front Office Manager
2 night trip Sep 3, 2013