All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
1440 N 1st Street, San Jose, CA, 95112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.7
    2.6
    2.4
    2.9
This was the worst hotel I have ever been in
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Al
No iron in the room, air conditioner barely worked, hotel faucet was partially clogged so it squirted all over the sink. TV remote didn't work. General condition of the hotel and neighborhood was dingy
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
Nice relax and clean room
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Bryan
"San Jose Inn review"
Good stay. But charged my credit card $150.00 for any problems but they don't put back very quickly, they said a couple of days.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Cleaner than expected"
This is a motel, but they have put in laminate floors and are remodeling. Cleaner than I expected.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"not worth $10"
chemical burns and a sore throat from the harsh chemicals. I opened the door to air it out and even after 2 hours, still had to ask for another room. The second room was worse than the first so I went back to the first. Then there was a mystery crunchy spot on the bed sheets. Uh - never again.
4 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Nicole
"Better stay someplace else"
Rooms were dirty and falling apart one room smelled like urine we had to move to another room one station on the TV
3 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Greg
Stayed for a short business trip. Good value and room was fine. Would stay there again.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"Bad"
The shower door did not close, the bathroom wndow was very dirty and the room had a bad smell
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
LUIS
Great servic . The management is new and renovating everythin . I will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Taylor
Nice and clean. Newly remodeled. The bathroom has bad smell, I believe, because it is an old building. All of the Hotel staff are super nice and very helpful. The room is small but comfortable. Great location close to the museum plaza.
3 night trip Jul 14, 2015
"Average"
Nothing extra hotel. That being said it was clean, quiet and the Wi-Fi worked fine. That is about all I need.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"A Okay short stay Inn"
It was okay for my firmly's trip to stay in this hotel for a few days.It can be more high quality of the hotel.
5 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Rita
Room was clean and friendly service.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2015
"Beware!!!!!"
There was a board holding my door closed. The dresser was broken and unusable. The desk was so unstable it was unusable. There was long black hair all over the pillows and stains on the sheets.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Worst hotel ever"
I would never go back to this place. It is in really bad contiditions. Dirty. Smells bad. the smoke detector was making noice all night long.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Lesly
"Bad hotel"
The room was bad. My wife unhappy and horrible night. The room with pillow , blanket was smeel bad and look dirty. The carpet looked dirty too. The price not cheap. Im not happy with the price with the room smell bad and un sleepwell. We will never come back and not precomment. The room 209 second floor
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Hai
"easy to find hotel"
it was great for overnight but we had painting supplies in our room and the window had a big crack in it and I'm only 5 ft tall but the shower felt tiny lol. not bad for just a place to sleep though.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Corina
"Bad hotel I have ever stayed"
Terible
1 night trip May 7, 2015
"spend the extra money on another hotel"
hotel would not let me check in before 3pm even though it said 1pm on line. literally had hookers walking the street at night. worst hotel ive ever stayed at
Other trip May 31, 2014
E

"Hotel location is convenient"
Receptionists are helpful. Room is good enough but not for the price I've paid. Wifi is terrible, there is no cattle to boild water.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Hanna
"Nothing special"
The staff were nice but my room was not. Tucked away in the corner with a window looking at a fence and an overgrown lot, bathroom window straight into a parking lot. Pool was closed, the quality overall was underwhelming
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015

1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Chao
CN
"コンビニから近く、駐車場も広い"
セブンイレブンが近くにあり、ちょっとした買い物に困らない。 部屋はベッドがあるだけのシンプルなものであった。 お湯も十分な量が出てくる。 深夜のチェックインでも、専用の別窓口で対応してもらえた。
Other trip May 25, 2015
Jesus
JP
"Esperaba algo mejor"
apenas bien, muy mal el servicio de internet en la habitación, aunque lo anuncian.
4 night business trip May 18, 2015
edgar

TripAdvisor reviews for San Jose Airport Central Motel

"Nononononononooo"
08/01/14 Meshelle B
Don't stay here, just don't. It's not even a Motel 6 anymore...and my guess is that it's because they couldn't even hold to Motel 6 standards. Sticker on the inside of the door says it used to be a Red Roof Inn at one point as well. Pool, drained and fenced off. Hotel room, dirty on arrival...one bed smelled of urine/body odor once the comforter was pulled back. Watched the housekeepers, they DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE THE SHEETS, just remade the bed. The shower curtain...about to fall off the wall, towel rack, gone, fridge, good at keeping things room temperature. Microwave...smells strongly of burnt popcorn. Sink and tub both don't have drain plugs. Burnt out bulbs in lights. Mold/mildew growing on the ceiling due to no bathroom ventilation fan. Wireless - so slow I'd be better off with dial-up. Nothing like walking to the nearby 7-11 to get bathing supplies since the motel gives none save for a tiny bar of soap and seeing people hanging around outside a room across the way...three guys looking down on the place like they owned it. Hotel room keys that have to get 'remagnetized' every day. Dead bolt in door with no actual dead bolt. Room connecting door with a wood screw through it to hold it closed...used to be more, it looks like, but only appears to be one lonesome one now. Last time it was painted was by someone that didn't believe in taping between different colors, so very sloppy looking...also paint on the marble...why paint nice looking marbe with lousy paint? Unknown icky former liquids in the bathroom light cover. Do I REALLY need to go on?? High pitched whistle that came and went randomly from unknown source (not any of the appliances in the room)...giving out lovely migraines...dresser drawers that are almost totally destroyed. Phone with damaged casing that was just 'taped over'...TV had bad waves going through the picture...on the channels that had sound...(some would randomly have sound or not have sound)... Positives of staying here...nearby 7-11 and Denny's. Roof over head...AC worked. Sleeping on top of comforter on bed was more comfortable than floor. I didn't get accosted by drug dealer or hookers as happened to one other reviewer.
"It's a crack motel disguised as a brothel"
05/02/14 Tim P
Are you kidding me? After check in, I was greeted by the local crack dealer offering crack (or rock as he put it). Then I was asked by one of the 5 hookers standing in their open doorways if I needed anything. Then the fun started. My room smelled of cat piss and cigarettes with a touch of mildew thrown in for sweetness. I'm no snob and I've stayed at many 'budget' type hotels to save money while traveling, but this was without question the worst hotel I've ever seen. Slept a couple of hours and woke up around 3AM. Once I realized it was not a nightmare and I was actually in this hellhole,I looked outside to see all kinds of people milling about and moving at incredible rates of speed for 3AM. I feel lucky to be alive. Turns out there is an Airport Inn and an Airport Hotel near San Jose Airport. The person who booked my travel picked the wrong one by mistake. Don't even think about staying here!
"Consistent with the updated rooms"
01/09/14 Dave E Portland, Oregon
Surprised at the negative reviews as this Motel 6 has the updated rooms. I had a nice clean room at a reasonable price. Quick and easy check in. I have stayed at this motel 6 several times over the past 15 years and it is nice to see how it has been remodeled. It is very close to the airport, but does not have airport noise. Easy access to both 101 and First street and the many high-tech companies in the area. Hey, it is not the Hilton... but a good value for the area.
"The dirtiest, most appalling accommodation I have ever seen"
12/02/13 Pete1913 London, United Kingdom
Grim. Absolutely grim. Dirty, smelly reception area, broken door locks. People smoking drugs outside the rooms. Dirty carpets. Urine smell in the room. Stains everywhere. Stinking. Absolutely disgusting. So - we checked out immediately a found somewhere else. Thankfully we got our money back - the guy on reception seemed well rehearsed at that part. The worst experience I have had in motels/hotels in 20 years of travel - by a mile. And check out the canned response from Motel 6 in the previous review. They obviously have done ZERO to improve the situation. Don't even think about it - sleep in your car!
"Gross, scary!"
08/01/13 love2travl2011 Brampton, Canada
When you arrive, you are greeted with a gut instinct of 'unsafe'. Lots of local people hanging outside the front door. People lingering around the parking lot. The room was very basic. Tv, phone, and 1 little soap. Bed was horrible. We could hear people walking above us (on level 2 as we were on level 1) very clearly and loudly. The walls are very thin. We were on 'edge' so much that we heard a car start outside and both jumped up to make sure that our car wasn't being stolen. Air conditioner very loud. Carpet seemed moist. From reading The other reviews, we seemed to have a more pleasant stay. - which is hard to believe. ( and to think it was sold out!!) Don't stay here! Gross and very sketchy.
"Ick, Ick, Ick - I slept in my clothes"
07/09/13 Padraic M
Needed a room on short notice, regrettably everything else was booked. Even when compared to my usually low expectations of Motel 6, this was a new low. Arriving at 8:00p.m., I got a 2nd floor room. The 2nd floor walkway seemed rickety, uncarpeted and constructed with a railing that seemed like it would collapse into a pile of rust if I leaned on it. There were creeps in the two rooms below me who seemed to be selling dope out of their rooms. The room itself stank. A mixture of cigarette smoke, stale beer and urine. Teh shower surprisingly was clean, but no soap and almost no toilet paper found. A crappy 19 inch crt TV in the room with carpet that was crunchy. The bed appeared clean, but made with sheets that must have been bought at the Dollar Store. I double locked the door, closed my curtains and went to sleep with a stench induced asthma attack. I'd drive an hour to avoid this place again.
"Stay away at all cost! TERRIBLE experience!"
07/01/13 Amelie M Ottawa, Canada
I don't usually go out of my way to write reviews on motels but after this, I felt an obligation to warn others of this horrible place. My husband and I were flying out of San Jose on a very early flight. We weren't looking for the most expensive place but had we known our experience would've been this bad, we would've slept at the airport. We booked and pre-paid a non-smoking room with king size bed. Upon our arrival, the front desk provided us with a smoking, filthy 2 double beds room. We're non-smokers and I'm pregnant so a non-smoking room was crucial. To make a long story short, we changed rooms 5 TIMES!!! All of them stunk of cigarette smoke (why do they advertise this is a non-smoking room?). There were also cigarette butts in our bathroom and burns on the furniture. The room was dirty and disgusting. There was no way we were sleeping in that room. They had even used the old toilet paper roll. During our 5 room transitions, we witnessed drug dealing, smoking in non-smoking rooms, people freely drinking and yelling in the parking lot, prostitution (most likely), etc. This isn't a place for travelers from outside of town. We settled for the fifth room and headed out for a quick dinner. We then visited another local motel (Vagabond Inn) a few meters away and they pitied us for choosing Motel 6. We were advised by local residents that Motel 6 only rents rooms to locals. We called Hotels.com, which we had made the reservations with, and demanded a cancellation and refund. They had to call the front desk which said we were really satisfied with the room. Finally the management accepted to cancel our reservations. When my husband confirmed nothing would be charged with our room, the front desk was really upset. They screamed at us saying we didn't have to go through Hotels.com to cancel, which we clearly did. The payment had been done through that company. They just didn't want to have a bad reputation. Nothing about it felt secure. We'd rate this motel less than a 1. Stay away at all cost.
"MUCH better than expected"
06/14/13 katyc123 emeryville, ca
I was dreading the stay, but I was in SJ on a night when absolutely everything else was booked. The room was updated, with flat screen TV and Ikea-like furniture. Very clean and no problems whatsoever. Pleasantly surprised. It costs half as much as most other hotels in the area, and given that, I think I will stay there again. Bed not very comfy though, have to say...
"Dump, I am done with Motel 6 as an option"
05/03/13 crazyguyonabike Jackson, NH
I am at this motel right now as I write this... I really screwed up, I have an early flight out of San Jose Airport in the morning, and I made this reservation on line yesterday. Let me give you the few pluses I see in this property... wi-fi is free and half decent, location to the airport and trolley stop is a plus. That's it for the plus side.... minuses, there are people hanging out in the parking lot milling around, they do not appear to be guests. There was one car out there an hour ago blasting music with those heavy base speakers... and by the way, it's only 8:30pm at night. I can feel it's not going to be a restful night. In the room, it's marginally clean, there is no fire alarm at all, even thought the wires are there hanging out of the wall. When I walked in, the bathroom window was wide open, with trash thrown on the ground outside, I manged to get it shut (the frame is bent), at least there's bars across the window. There were hairs on the sheets, I hope they were the maid's, there is a sign saying this is a non-smoking room and there will be a $150 charge for smoking, well the whole place stenches of smoke. Furniture is disrepair... I will add some pictures. I should leave now, but I just want to catch a few hours sleep and head to the airport. I can not understand why Motel 6 cannot get their brand under control, I didn't check tripadvisor before I booked this room, obviously by the rating they have, I really screwed up. I am done with Motel 6
"This is an unacceptable lodging."
03/24/13 Sterling H Tallahassee, Florida
This motel is a poor value. Not even any soap in bathroom. Stale smelling. No information in room on TV stations or phone system. When calling front desk attendant not able or willing to give any information. Most uncomfortable.