All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6901 W Interstate 10, San Antonio, TX, 78213, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Nice hotel close to six flags"
Check in was very easy. The staff was nice and easy to work with. Even let us store out bags in the hotel before check in. Recommended places to go while we were there.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Kym
"needs updating"
First impression was a musty smell every time we entered the room. Huge wet spot on the carpet when first entering. Went to store to buy Lysol spray and wipes, seeing as how if we chose to leave and find another hotel we would lose every penny they withdrew from our account the day we booked this hotel. Table was old and looked like something found at a garage sale, no chair for table, no covers for bathroom vanity light and bathroom fan/light, dirty carpet, hair found in every drawer of dresser and to top it off, there was no phone. My husband told the front desk clerk and he assured him he would have a phone put in. We never got a phone! 911? Better have a cell phone! Not much of a breakfast and have a huge sign out front about not taking any food back to your room. I sent my 16 year old on the last day of our 4 night stay to get a bowl of cereal for our 4 year old; he was stopped and questioned about ignoring the sign. Funny how several people smoked all throughout the court yard and pool area (Non Smoking) and others had loaded huge trays and we can't bring one bowl of cereal back. My husband went to get it and nothing was said to him. I have two nice things to say about this hotel. First, location was convenient in relation to Sea World, and Fiesta Texas. Second, the pool was a great size, pretty clean and located in an interior courtyard.
4 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"A nice place to stay"
Enjoy my stay , nice and quiet even with people in swimming pool area . The staff was helpful and friendly. Rooms were nice and clean.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
ronnie
"Friendly service and clean hotel"
Great
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Suresh
"Stay somewhere else!"
The owner was nice but the other guy working the front desk was quite the shyster. We stayed in their best room and it was old and musty, the shower curtain was moldy, and the hotel was in a bad area of town. Definitely over priced!
Response by Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Central San Antonio
We would like to apologize for the state your room was in for your stay. I am not sure which room you stayed in during your visit but I assure you that it was not our best room by your description. Regardless of the room, we strive to provide a clean, well furnished room that smells nice and does not have a moldy shower curtain. We are currently having all of our room shampooed and deep cleaned , and have recently replaced all of the shower curtains in all the rooms. As for our hotel being in a bad part of town, we are located in a quiet residential area inside of Balcones Heights that they happily and vigilantly patrol. We are extremely competitive and affordable when it comes to our rates. Thank you for staying with us during your visit to San Antonio.
"Poor condition"
The dead bolt lock fell off, so we got moved to a worse room. It had missing furniture, the safe was locked, the blow dryer didn't work, the frig. was much smaller, and it had bugs too. When we arrived the pool was green, oh but the Director of Sales said it was safe to swim.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Twill
"Okay not to far from SeaWorld!"
It was okay for somewhere to get some sleep. It wasn't the cleanest place.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Central San Antonio
Meka, Thank you for the review. I have spoken with our housekeeping department regarding your comment about cleanliness. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us and we have implemented new guidelines throughout our property for all of our staff so that we may better serve you and provide you a wonderfully clean hotel to stay in. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Meka
"Weekend getaway"
The location can be tricky to get and easy to miss otherwise it was a pleasnet trip.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Bathroom shower faucet needs replaced or repaired. Very hard time getting it to work right. Room was very clean.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Low rate...Low satisfaction"
You get what you pay for is certainly the case here. Our bathroom was not cleaned: old, used soaps in shower. Light in shower/tub area was inoperable for 2 days. I called front desk for both and bath tub was cleaned, but never had lights in bathroom...not good for night time visits. I was disappointed in breakfast, too. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but I thought it would be ok given the pictures and advertised amenities. In short, I would not recommend this facility or visit it again.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Mother of 3
"Stay awhile"
Good location. Parking lot security cameras. Genuine, polite and friendly staff. Large room. Nice pool. Just old and needs total makeover.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
JSJJB
"Do not stay there!!!"
Stinky hot rooms - it takes a few hours to make a room temperature normal because when you check in the AC is off per hotel policy. The hotel needs remodeling. Glad that I stayed just one night.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Olga
"Right of the 10"
Easy to get to, right off the 10. Clean room, clean pool. Free breakfast. Nothing fancy, but hot and ready. Just what we needed.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Cori
"I expected more"
Overall, it was ok. However, the adverised jacuzzi never got hot or even warm, and the advertised heated pool was not warm at all. When my husband inquired about these issues, the night staff was rude and not helpful. The in room safe also was not working. One of the reasons i booked this hotel was for the jacuzzi and heated pool for my kiddos so i was very disappointed that these two things did not work properly. Other than that, it was ok, but I would probably not go back to that specific howard johnson inn again.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
morgan
"Nice swimmingpool at hotel!"
Hotel was a good choice if you want to see more of Hill County. It is quick and easy to drive out of the city and to shopping malls. Room was oke, swimmingpool good located and clean, however breakfast was minimal - and if late no choice anymore, so we skipped that one.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Arja
"Decent room for the price."
Me and my family got the hotel around midnight. The guy working the night shift was very nice and informative. The only complaint I have is that is that the A/C takes a while to cool. Other than that, good hotel, and free hot breakfast!
Other trip May 12, 2014
"nice hotel"
very comfortable room, great location. A little frustrated 2 out of the 4 days I was there, the coffee was either made long past the start of breakfast, or ran out and was longer than 15 minutes in coming. I didn't have time to wait either day. They have eggs and sausage for breakfast, but for business, I just grab coffee and go.
4 night business trip May 4, 2014
Alicia
"Beyond memorable atmosphere"
From the moment we arrived relaxation and comfort were all we were experiencing. Gorgeous room without being overly fancy.
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2014
Debbie G
"Nice, Cold, Comfy"
Super luxurious room. We booked a kingbed suite, it was a big room, the bed was comfortable. Even the couch was comfy. The bathroom was nice and the shower was also big. I would recommend this hotel. The pool in the middle looks so great and the greenery adds a scenic touch to the hotel. Must see! Must stay!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Bad surprise"
The hotel was very old, inside muy roo. The toilet seat was broken and we had no bed conforter. It was a cheap price for a cheap hotel. Then agian there are so manu hotels with cheap prices but great deal for your money. This was not the case in any ways.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
Was very clean and comfy
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
First time -- Last time !!
3 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Camille Pacheco
"Spring Break 2014"
The hotel personnel was great! Kuddos to front desk Amy, she shows customers personalized service and makes them feel at home. The grounds are not that well kept and the rooms are ok, but for what we paid, it was ok.
3 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
K Battles
Very spacious room. 2 adults, 3 kids and were very comfortable. Good location, about 15 minutes from everything we wanted to see. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Never again!"
No internet acces, dirty sofá. Never again! Room booked different than given!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Carola
"Not bad"
They didn't have towels in our room the first day, and they forgot to clean it. But they took care of it when I asked them for it.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Was overnight stop on way to S. Padre"
Everything was fine. No real complains.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"Worth the price"
Only paid $50 a night and the rooms were very large, pool/hot tub was nice, can't complain about breakfast, and the staff there were terrific. I did notice the rooms were not cleaned very thoroughly (crumbs behind the night stand, etc.) but it was an overall great stay for the price. I would recommend if you're in looking to spend under $75 a night.
3 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
Airman
"Not shabby."
The room was huge. For what I paid, my expectations were exceeded. Great location, friendly service, and quiet area.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
"good experience"
Courtyard pool was a plus, I enjoyed a king suite with plenty of room and reasonably clean room, overall experience was a 4 because for the price it was a decent hotel with adequate amenities, a little better than I had expected.
3 night business trip Sep 3, 2013
gerald
"Nice for price"
Decent hotel for the price... Central location to downtown, medical center which is my reason for staying or other tourist destinations.. Fabulous staff!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"Definitely will use this hotel again!!!"
Overall it was a great fit for what we needed and I will definitely be staying here again....I loved the amenities and the convenience of location. We look forward to staying at the Howard Johnson again :)
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
J.Pena
"Very nice hotel."
First time at this hotel. Very pleased with our stay. My teenagers enjoyed the pool. We'll be staying at this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Disappointing hotel stay"
The hotel wasn't as high end as I thought it would be. With a name like Howard Johnson, you would think you would have a more luxury type of hotel. The room had an odor and the mini fridge was rusted around the frame of the door. We kept having to spray deodorizer and had a scented candle lit.The drawers were off track, although I didn't use them. The tile in the bathroom shower was broken and chipped. It was overall, in my opinion, a low end hotel.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Derrick
"Nice place, good location, good experience.."
I was driving from Houston and wanted to stay nearby Riverwalk. So was looking for budget hotels. I searched a lot, got some good hotels, but online reviews were frustrating me. Then I happen to see this hotel with some good reviews. Since I was travelling with my wife, I was specifically concerned about cleanliness, security and location. I must say that this hotel made our trip more enriching. Staff is very nice, location is nice. Plenty of parking spce, Close to highway and more importantly you feel like you are in a good Hotel and not in a shabby motel. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Would rate it 4.5 out of 5.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Abhi
"Great staying hotel"
Evrything you would expect from a comfort staying. The hotel is classical, you can tell it has it's years but it is well kept and maintained.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Fiesta Texas and Sea World"
The room was nice and big. I especially liked having a sofa to sit on and watch TV. It's more comfortable than sitting on a bed. I also liked having a ceiling fan, refrigerator and microwave. I liked that the pool was right outside our front door in a courtyard that was well landscaped. I wish that my family and I could have spent more time here. We only spent one night and went to Sea World the next day. It was a good value for the size and amenites included in the room. I would defnitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in San Antonio.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
MIchelle
"Would go back..."
Spent the weekend here. Room was clean n spacious, pool was fun. Shopping n restaurants all around. Great price. Would go back.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Dee
"Never again!"
I will never stay here again. It was a rewind back to the 80's. The furniture was gross.We had hair in our bed and shower. The maid (if there was even one) left two dirty wash clothes hanging on the shower rod from previous guests. I usual don't write reviews but I was so disappointed with this stay I felt the need to. I'm just hoping to save someone some dissapontment.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Vanessa
"Talk about hot!"
Checked in to the hotel and found out there was an extra cost for our 3rd guest, even though we had indicated that on our reservations. The parking was odd and horrible, one way in and one way out. Access to the highway was right in front of us, but only if you were going in ONE direction. There was only one towel in the room. Room smelled damp and musty. The biggest issue was that the Air Conditioning did NOT work. We turned it on and expected it to cooled the room down, but that NEVER happened!!! Complained to the front desk, and nothing was done!!!!
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Okay"
It was fine for the price
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Dianna
"Not what I saw on line"
What I saw on line was one modern hotel and when I get there I find something else. I would not stay there again. The hotel is very worn. It is not as clean as I would like it to be.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"friendly helpful staff. Good room, clean"
we were pleased with room. it was big and had a good layout for the 4 os us.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"very comfortable"
Rooms kept nice and clean and staff was very friendly
2 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Janie
"Very nice for the money"
The room was big with comfortable beds. Decent breakfast buffet. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay"
I went with my family for a 3 days trip and found this hotel on the Internet. There was a mix up with my room in the beginning and I called hotels.com and they sorted everything out. The staff was nice enough to fix everything up for us too. The rooms were clean and the fridge was clean also. Our room was next to the pool so it was a great location. The hotel is located next to I-10 so sometimes it can get a little complicated to get back, but overall it's a nice neighborhood.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Stayed for 6 nights easy to find comfortable beds will stay there again
5 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
Shanna
It was good not too noisy
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Dianna
"Nice Hotel Large Clean Rooms"
Stayed there 2 nights, big comfy rooms. Kids loved the pool nice patio area. Close to restaurants,Seaworld .
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Elsa
"Good AC"
The AC worked great! Nice to come in to after being in the sun all day!
2 night trip Jul 25, 2013