All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
6901 W Interstate 10, San Antonio, TX, 78213, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"HORRIFIC STAY"
Visiting San Antonio for a family vacation. Our stay was horrible! Had to leave a $100 deposit upon checking in after we had already paid for our reservation, in case any damage to the room occurred during our stay. Continental breakfast is not worth getting up for. Don't walk in the rooms without shoes or your feet/socks will be black because the carpets are disgusting. We checked in Friday evening and left the "do not disturb" sign outside our door when we left for the day Saturday so nobody would go into our room. Saturday evening we asked for clean towels and we got pool towels because all the towels were being laundered. So when we left Sunday morning we decided to let housekeeping clean our room while we were out. HUGE MISTAKE!!! I take Rx. medication every morning. I kept in my multi compartment hanging makeup bag in one of the zipper pockets. It was there Saturday morning and Sunday morning. When we were getting ready to check out Monday morning my Rx bottle was gone! I had not moved the bottle from where it had been our entire stay and aside from housekeeping nobody else had access to our room. Management could not get a hold of the housekeeper who cleaned our room who happened to be off Monday. Instead of the hotel asking us for a $100 deposit I think they should have been giving us one. All we got was an apology. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone or trust anyone who is employed there.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"nice"
it was good
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Beth
No elevators, have to haul luggage up stairs. Room smelled like urine. dirty carpets We did not stay. The swimming pool was dirty. Had leaves in it. Signs of staff not taking pride in their place.
5 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
This is a motel not a hotel. It is very old and has a lot of out dated furnishings. The people that worked there were nice though. Of all the hotels I have stayed that had continental breakfast, this was the worst. They didn't have any muffins or pastries. Only cold (like straight out of the refrigerator) doughnuts which consisted of mini white powder doughnuts and mini chocolate doughnuts along with mini bagels. The waffles were decent but it took a lot longer than normal for them to cook, so the line for them stayed long. The pork sausages tasted horrible mostly because they were microwaved.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Not pleased at all"
Not happy with the room. The room was clean and all but it appeared to be barely hanging on to its Suite status. The mini frig didn't work, the shower head sprayed everywhere and the water pooled in the tub, there weren't any towels in the room but the front desk person did have some brought over, HBO was very fuzzy and there wasn't anywhere to sit and watch a little TV as a couple since the love seat in the picture was a one person seat. It just didn't feel like it was a suite. BUT... the AC was working great. <<<only plus.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Oscar
Good for price! Just stay one night
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Manuel
"Uncomfortable...."
Experience wasn't very good. All furniture and room was very run down and out dated. Lobby cafeteria was very limited. House maids didn't know any English. Pool was suppose to close at 10 we were told we couldn't get in but other loud guests were in at the time. The whole place had a strong stench, carpet was damp. I would not ever go here again, they need to do some updating. ASAP
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Hotel bed broken, the room had a dirty smell."
Continental breakfast areas was dirty. Employees were not presentable. Not a good experience at all.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
The room was great! The hotel staff were very polite and professional. I would certainly return to this hotel.
"Nice Hotel."
My only complaint they could not provide extra towels.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Art
"Great service."
Great place to stay. Only complaint I have is that a lot of the things shown wear and tear from previous attendants. Staff was super friendly. Especially Jenny from the evening shift. She did everything to help attendants and even was apologetic when I had to wait while she helped others. Thank you for the excellent stay Jenny,
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Raymond
"seaworld trip"
disappointed
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Enrique
"Nice Hotel."
We had a nice time, no complaints. The staff was very helpful. They always had a smile.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Roberto
"My Stay"
I liked the hotel had some issues with the toilet which I told the front desk and it was immediately fixed and wasn't a problem anymore.The staff was personable and professional except for one staff member; an older gentleman with a raspy voice. The only other issue was the fold out bed which needs updating seemed that it had seen better days and was not very comfortable.Hotel was very close to Sea World, downtown San Antonio, and across the from Dave & Busters ( their service SUCKED),and Super Target in case guests needed something.Overall I would stay again very quiet and I felt safe with my family.
"so so"
Reserved a room with two queen beds, but when got there, they had a handicapped room with two full beds! Was not a big deal, except would have preferred a room with a bathtub. Had problem with getting door open when we got there, talk to front desk and they came and checked it out. The door handle was backwards, had to lift it up to open. The freezer was frozen over with something left in it, don't know what it was. Then on our last day, about 7 in the morning, someone opened our door! We were still asleep and I yelled at them to get out. I had the safety latch on and the door locked and they got the door opened still. Told manager about it and she said she would check tapes to see who it was and that she would email me a discount coupon for next visit. Never have received email. Location was not to bad, but would have liked for the back gate to be open, so you did not have to get on interstate to go anywhere, it was locked and shut whole time there.
Dennis
"A little disappointed"
Hard to get to. If you missed the one entrance (out of 3) that was open you had to make a huge loop to get back to it. We were made aware of the $100 deposit for the room but be aware they can charge that multiple times. We currently have 2 $100 charges on my credit card and we have been checked out for 4 days now. The beds needed a little bit for more bedding. You could tell that the hotel was being renovated, but you could also tell that it has had some very rough treatment. Would not recommend for the price, until major improvements.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Renee
"Good location only"
No soap, no pillows, no sheets for sofa bed. Ice machine down , not enough breakfast all the same, cold food. No elevator, breakfast area small.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Old hotel"
The hotel and rooms are to old for the price $$$ 230 at night buuuuuu
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Francisco
"Worst hotel ever!!!! One star hotel"
Very dirty hotel!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Elaine
"Good stay!"
The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, the room and pool were clean, breakfast selection was good, the hot tub could have actually been warm but an overall great stay!
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Porsha
The website fails to tell you that you will have to put a $100 deposit down in order to stay there. If you use cash, you will get it back when you check out. If you put it on your card it will take two days after you check out to receive your deposit back. I was not at all happy about this. The hotel needs to definitely post this when making reservations.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Should be a two star (2.5 is misleading!)"
A lot of bugs in the room including mosquitoes! The breakfast was very low quality... bagels without cream cheese, bread without peanut butter, egg scrambles without ketchup, no yogurt, only one waffle machine (a long line to make a waffle), etc. The swimming pool is at the center of all the rooms. They don't seem to have a curfew and lots of noisy kids in the pool until midnight! Lots of bushes in the center garden attracts lots of birds early in the morning and you wouldn't need an alarm clock! Next time, I will find a hotel without free breakfast, but with a better quality. Washer/Dryer are very old and very dirty.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Gaurav
The hotel room was nice and spacious. It was adequate for a one night stay. The complimentary breakfast was good as well but expect long lines.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
hotelreview
"Never again"
So disappointed ! Room was spacious but many things broken or didn't work. Breakfast never changed, every day the menu was the same and always out of coffee. At check in was told that Sea World was less than 5 minutes away, it was 45 minutes away. The pool was nice but when it sprinkled it was closed down. The beds were comfortable but all else considered I would never book this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
JLynn
No complaints no problems at all
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Juan
"Good for price"
Overall was good for the price. The room was clean & comfortable. Only complaint was the towel rack for the hand towels and the sink faucet were loose.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Dont waste your money"
Sheets were stained. Looked like blood. Room had a funky odor. Toilet seat lid had hair on it. Only good thing was the cold ac
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
All went well. Friendly staff. Decent pool. Bus available close by.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Crazy charges"
I was charged for thing that didn't make sense. For instance I asked for extra blankets for my daughter with Epilepsy and was charged and not told. I was charged extra for my teen kids when in the reservation their ages. Plus has to a a person charge for my husband and myself. Their was four charges on my card when there should have been one. Plus they make people pay a deposit. The pool man poured chemical in the pool while my kids were swimming.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"always good"
always good
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
nepthali
"Double Bed Suite"
We stayed in a double bed suite with a pull out sofa bed. The two double beds were very comfortable but can't say the same for the pull out bed. The mattress was so thin you could feel the springs on your back. It was definitely great to sit on but not to sleep on. I would highly recommend making improvements on the mattress. Though the mattress was a disappointment, the staff's friendliness and helpfulness made up for it. The staff member made time to go over the map with us, highlighting points of interest, and recommending places for us to visit. This little bit of information was important to us as it was our first visit in the area.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Sheets where stained. Was provided wrong information on check in time and had to pay an additional fee due to it as well as wrong information on breakfast service, but when I did make it down to breakfast I noticed hair with the spoons.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Not much to tell - it's your basic place to stay. Nothing more. Very old and very dated. Breakfast was tremendously lacking in offerings as well as amounts. It was an okay place for the money,.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
hotel was good for the price pool was clean location on interstate was confusing to find
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Howard johnson is back"
Staff was great and very helpful, They made us feel at home
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Girl by freeway"
I will never stay here again. The Brandt was awful and the floor was sticky.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Central San Antonio
we are sorry for the bad experience you had at our location we take guest comments very serious and i can reassure you that the issue has been looked into and taken care of, i hope you will give us another chance in the future to make you change your mind
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
linda
"Stayed for a Day"
BATHROOM was better than expected. The shower head was actually functional and not hard water and didn't have low water pressure. BEDROOM had a firm bed (still enjoyed it) and I slept all night. ACCESSORIES were a microwave and fridge. Both were a little dated but were very functional. LOCATION was right off of I-35 but I didn't hear any traffic noise. I was at the back of the hotel so I can't say for those closer to the road. However, it's right across the highway from Dave and Busters and various other shopping centers (Ross, Target, etc.) BREAKFAST contained the standard continental breakfast (oatmeal, mini-donuts, bread, cereal, coffee, milk, orange drink, apple juice, and Texas-shaped waffles). However, staff also made scrambled eggs and sausage - was a pleasant surprise! OVERALL rating would have to be 9/10
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Hospitality Breakfast & Pool atmosphere is Great"
The hotel staff was nice. Great hospitality. Breakfast was also great. Pool atmosphere was welcoming. The room itself was quite a bit smelly. I usually bring my own disinfectant spray and odor neutralizer to every hotel we stay at. I prefer to use bleach to ensure cleanliness. I recommend that the carpets be removed and replaced with a less absorbent type of flooring. Tile or vinyl flooring are something to keep in mind.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Irasema
"street address meant 0 to our GPS"
LINDA AT THE DESK WAS A PATIENT AND CAPABLE HELPER...
Other trip May 25, 2015
Don
"Will definitely NOT stay again"
Worst
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Comfy hotel with pool"
I was there for only one night. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The hotel staff was friendly and the room had everything that we needed. I did not have time to make use of the pool and jacuzzi though. However, Complimentary continental breakfast did not have much options. carpets were untidy.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Salmon
"Nice hotel near to downtown and family."
Nice experience, room very accommodating. Staff very attentive.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Fabulous Weekend Getaway"
Hotel staff was extremely helpful & pleasant! Laura the front desk clerk went above & beyond to ensure that my stay would be enjoyable. I really enjoyed & took advantage of the free breakfast
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Camille
"Anniversary Nightmare"
The freezer was frozen with ice four inches thick. There were no towels in the room, no coffee or sweetner and the floor next to the couch was wet. The room smelled musty. The location wasn't easy to get to. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Marion
"decent"
A/c was frozen up.. Had to defrost before using
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"very nice place!!"
Was amazing for the price we paid!! And would definitely go back!!
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Bad area"
Never will i stay there again nor would i recommend that hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
j
"Great concierge"
Jenny made this hotel experience great. The hotel is okay, and the location is crap. But, Jenny was so friendly and attentive that it was all okay. Jenny deserves a promotion and a raise. She is the best concierge with whom I have ever interacted.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Good price, good facilities"
The room was super clean, I loved that! Staying in different places for over a week you can tell the difference. The breakfast was good, and they had scrambled eggs, not just bread and donuts like most of the other places around that area. The overall hotel was nice.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015