All hotels in Karon, Thailand
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1/3 Laem Sai Road, Kata Beach, Muang, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel with huge suites and nice view"
We came to spend xmas and new year in Phuket. The hotel provided a shuttle from the airport for acceptable rate. We had a nice welcome by the staff. The size of the suite was pretty amazing. And so was the view with flowers on the roof garden and the sea beyond the garden view. We have decided to walk down to the shore. The choices were to go around down the road or by the trail from the hotel. We have decided to take the trail. It is not the hotel's fault but once you leave the hotel's property, the 200 or so meter walk to the beach leads thru some trashy areas with thrown away Styrofoam plates. Back in the hotel we were surprised by the lack of sound insulation between the units that has doors to the adjacent one. We could hear everything from next door. We were warned ahead of time that there will be a compulsory new year's evening dinner. I thought that 150 Euros/person is a bit high, but I accepted it as part of the deal. Well, first avail, I disagree with forcing the guests to celebrate, but if one is forced, at least one would expect the money's worth. At 11:15PM the firework has started. When it was over after about 10 minutes we have turned around and we noticed that our chairs were already being stacked and all the tables were rid of covers. This was half an hour before midnight! Anyways the hotel was nice and away from the noisy traffic. But I would look for another hotel next time with direct access to the beach.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great place"
only drawback is the walk to town. Overall great place. We will return.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Spectacular view"
I am traveling around Southeast Asia with my daughter. We stayed at the hotel only one night, they up grade us and give a suite with a spectacular view. The hotel has an excellent location and in a peaceful area, the staff very friendly. We hardly recommend it.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Patrice
I really liked the place. The staff was great, and the facilities superb. The only issue, which was quickly remedied, is that it is on a small hill that you must go down then go up in order to get to the beach, or any of the city businesses. We rented a scooter for 250 baht a day, and immediately had access to the whole island. Very easy.
5 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Raul
"Need more English Speaking People"
The Hotel was gorgeous, Room was GREAT!!! But it was hard to communicate with them because it seem like nobody spoke English...But I would stay there again because the room was Great and the POOL and view was GREAT!!!
5 night trip Oct 28, 2013
Damien Abrams
"Beautiful, isolated"
Great room
3 night trip Sep 11, 2013
The hotel was very nice and the staff polite and helpful. The bathroom was large and gorgeous. We had a great view of the ocean from our private balcony. I felt that the quality of the hotel was great for the price. Be aware that the hotel is an hour drive from the airport. Everything at the hotel (food, drinks, etc.) is expensive, as expected. You can easily walk into town for food, convenience stores, massages, etc., but I found the area to be quite sleazy after dark.
3 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
Katie
"Big room & nice view"
Hotel room is big enough & clean, nice view pool with kind service. Food quality is better than expectation but access to beach is not far but road is not maintained. Rent a car/bike is an answer for staying this hotel.
2 night family trip May 4, 2013
Lee
"Not a good hotel, definitely will not come again"
The hotel is on a hill top and face the sea. I can sea the sea in my room. It is quite good place, you can walk to the Kata town and beach. The hotel has two swimming pools. The service of the staff is not very good. The guy who brought my luggage bags tried to get tips from me in a bad manner, actually I didn't have changes at the time, I later got some change and gave to him a few hours later when I met him again. The breakfast is very expensive and is very simple, it is the worst breakfast I had in hotels in recent years around world. I tried to order a taxi from the hotel to airport, the receptionist told me that they have no shuttle bus and the taxi is 50 percent more expensive than outside taxi and than the taxi price from nearby hotels. The staff's attitude is the worst I had in Thailand. Another thins is that the hotel staff is much nicer to the tourists from some countries than from some other counties.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
Ken
"Bagus!"
NO complaints!!!!! Awesome room/location/staff!!!!
4 night romance trip Mar 23, 2013

"Design fault in rooms = minimal sleep!!"
Decent mid range hotel for thailand,good location for restaurants, shopping and entertainment and quiet during the evening. However the noise between rooms is unbearable! Had to move twice but the design of every room is such that there is a dividing wall (not just a dividing door!) Great if you have kids staying with you but a major inconvenience otherwise! So much so that my neighbours ensured I never slept later than 0630...not that they were having parties just the mere fact of them talking,coughing watching TV felt as if they were actually in my room it was that loud.
3 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Brett
"Peaceful"
Amazing view, great swimming pool, very nice breakfast. Perfect location: away from the noise but not far from the beach and main road. Located in a hill, so you will need a few walk or just rent a scooter/car.. The hotel provided everything we needed. Nice staff. Small gym to not miss the work out if you need. This hotel is not for children. I would recommend it and I would be back!
5 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2015
Deborah
"Good Place"
Very quiet. Away from party. But close to taxi to party. Great family or couples get away. Good beaches away from crowds. But overlooking beach, not on it. A cardio walk down and up a hill to get to it. Restaurants and store provisions nearby. Motorbike rent rental at hotel was the way to go. Great staff.
7 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great Hotel - A Little Away From The Noise"
Really liked this hotel, would make a great honeymoon retreat. Very spacious and comfortable room, well catered, breakfast was top notch. I had a 'garden view' which was nice, but I would recommend getting an 'ocean view' if you can as the view from up on the mountain is amazing! I was by myself visiting some friends and it seemed a bit of a waste to have all this space just to myself.
3 night trip Dec 3, 2014
Stuart
"Excellent Hotel in a Great Location"
Excellent hotel overlooking Karen Beach, depending on the tide the beach can be accessed directly from the hotel (as you have to cross a small creek). The staff are excellent and the rooms are very clean and comfortable although a little tired. The hotel has two pools which face south and catch the sun for most of the day; sun-loungers positioned around the pool and offer either loads of sun or plenty of shade. Meals were held under-cover with views of the beach. Breakfast was good although the selection was a little limited, possibly because we were there in low season and there were only a few guests. We had one evening meal in the hotel which was excellent.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
HK
"Nice hotel away from the crowds"
The hotel was very nice and could be really top notch with little effort. The rooms require maintenance and the experience I had was that the air conditioning didn't work, sinks and tiles chipped and generally a worn appearance. First day walked down to the beach via the stairs to end up in ankle deep mud! A little effort and this would be fantastic to get into the beautiful Kata beach.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good Views."
Overall OK, it has good garden & sea views. Room condition is not good, clean but some equipment control Knobs are half working, e.g Jacuzzi pool hot water knob problems & air conditioning making low noise, got to sleep with ear plugs, checked other room, equipment ok, but don't have nice garden, thus refuse to change. Breakfast very limited selection but of higher quality, Restaurant is small and a bit expensive . going to the beach is far (uphill & Downhill) thru the main road but the short-cut is a bit dangerous(manageable) and muddy, though it is very short but you may get lost at the bottom junction as no sign to tell you to turn left or right, turn left will be long way, turn right will get closer to beach but you will need to cross a big drain connected to the sea, so during high tides, it is impossible to cross unless you are prepare to get your "short" wet. The hotel location is up hill, very big room and good rate, close to nature and quiet but if you did not booked double-bed grand suite, you will share an apartment with other, they just closed up with a partition door and you can hear every things next door. i was lucky to have my neighbor not in their room most of the day. Kata beach is better than Patong Beach but not much shopping and if you like quiet , spa and nature, than this hotel is not bad (depending on your luck)!
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Lawrence Lim
SG
"Great location with fabulous water views."
We had read many other reviews prior to booking this hotel so there was nothing that surprised us. The good things were the exceptional views and spaciousness provided by the rooms, the private balconies, the breakfast quality and setting, the staff, the WIFI (excellent, included and available everywhere within the resort) and the location. The beach at the bottom of the track from the hotel is fabulous and there are loads of restaurants, massage places and other shops within 5-10 minutes walk. The average or bad things were the level of upkeep in the rooms (faulty or poorly maintained room features - strangely the public areas, pools etc were immaculately maintained in contrast to the rooms...), the beds are rock hard as is common in Asia, there was a periodic foul smell in and around the Accenta building where we spent 9 of our 14 nights - the smell was strongest around the pool in that block which was a shame because it was a great horizon pool with a fabulous view and incorporates a lap pool also. The walk up the hill from the main Kata shops is very steep so not ideal for the unfit, elderly or families with small children. Contrary to other reviews we found the drivers were more than happy to take us all the way to the lobby on the couple of occasions we used tuk-tuks to return from dinner at the other end of Kata Beach. We are not super-fit and probably walked up the hill 3-4 times daily and whilst it wasn't something we looked forward to it wasn't too bad either.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Brilliant"
Loved our stay felt very at home and welcome. Food and service of a good standard. All trips and transports were orginised promptly reception staff were extremely helpfull.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Spectacular Sea views"
Family of 4, we had an entire floor booked comprising 2 apartments (1631 & 1632) comprising 2 massive bedrooms, 3 toilets, lounge, dining, kitchen and wrap around sea facing balcony. The rooms were serviced daily with clean linen, towels, swept and mopped. The staff at reception were superb and every request we made was met with no problem. The included buffet breakfast was more than adequate with the kitchen staff, especially the chef behind the egg station deserving special praise for getting our order right every day of our 14 day stay. The waitress who attended to us knew exactly our preferences after day 1 and also deserves much praise. The pool, spa and gym facilities were excellent. Located at the top of a steep climb which naturally gives the property its unique sea views, as a young family we were quite comfortable negotiating the road up and down to Kata town just 5-10 minutes walk away. At times we simply caught a tuk tuk (100B down and 200B up) to save the walk in the stifling heat. For the sheer size and level of comfort in accomodation offered the property was excellent value for money.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Bali First Time
"fantastic size room. Lovely pool, fabulous staff."
The hotel is a 5min walk from the beach and shops/food etc. Great location and excellent size room for us with our baby. A few things required attention in the room which was dealt with immediately. The pool is beautiful. Breakfasts were good. Not 5 star but lovely all the same. Staff were brilliant with our baby.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Rene
"Good views but access to beach is a turn off."
First expressions are wow as the view out to the sea from the lobby/reception is amazing. The welcome drinks were delicious and the receptionist walked us to our rooms which was a necessity as they would be hard to find with the lay out of the place. The sea view rooms have gorgeous views even from the bed. The rooms and bathrooms are huge but need better cleaning or upkeep. There are mouldy corners, the shower handle was coming off the hinges and toilet seats definitely need replacing. They have OLD TV sets, and the kettle is so old fashioned, I haven't seen the kind in at least 20 years. The air conditioning units are super noisy! I couldn't hear the TV with the AC on. And the worst bit about the hotel is the access to the beach! The way down is via quite unsafe ‘steps’. There is a bamboo hand rail part of the way. Then you have to walk next to a stinky water body before crossing it to get to the beach! The walk up to the hotel from main road is quite steep and not fun in the heat. Breakfast was standard. The staff is lovely and the lady guard at the gate is super friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Fakhra
"Lovely Hotel"
We stayed for 4 nights 5 days... The beach was really nice and clean and great for a little snorkeling. The only negative thing I can say is that the direct beach access is not really suited for children or elderly people so best taking the longer route for safety purposes. The staff are nice.. some dont have good English but they do try to understand and are very helpful. Very quite location and would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Cheryl
Its a very nice hotel with a great location , the room is very large with a fanatsic view of a clean & an average size Balcone . The servce is quite accepatable with a nice breakfast . The area is very quite as well as the hotel itself .The only problem which faced me is the location , which is in high area from the Beach for which you hve to climb up every time yo reach there .
3 night family trip May 30, 2014
Abdalla Eltayeb
"Most alluring balocony view"
This is is perfectly my type of style, blends beautifuly into the surrounding nature. The view from my balocony which was a higher floor, was stunning and large. I stayed in a seaview suite. Breakfast was good but not great. the room was super clean!!! aircon a little noisy. Before this i stayed in a 5 star at patong, but this Aspasia hotel was much better than the 5 starin patong, i would hughly recommend this hotel. Gym and pool are actually 24 hours but it states till 7pm, this just mean there is no lifeguard after 7pm.
3 night trip May 25, 2014
Archie
"Great value"
We had a 1 bedroom suite and was huge and very nice.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
41yr old male
"An hotel for a relaxing break."
Had a very relaxing break in this hotel where all staff were lovely and did best to be helpful (English not spoken well) with amenities which suited us well. Room was HUGE and the view from the large balcony was lovely. The balcony had enough overhang to give shade but you could also sit in sun if you wanted. Two pools were immaculate and the gardens were well looked after. Breakfast buffet catered for everyone - continental, cooked and asian food available. Dinner was beautifully presented and delicious. May have been slighlty dearer than eating in local restaurants but presentation made up for this. Charge included service charge - covered tipping which you would have paid outside - and a goverment tax (7%). Cocktails same as outside prices. Spa was lovely. Massage dearer than outside but facility was a lot nicer. Would return again. Guests at hotel of all nationalities. Beach not far to walk down path in grounds and much shorter and easier than the road down which was steep and windy and then 5 minute walk to beach. Air con very effective in combatting heat of 33 + degrees.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Hotel on a hill with good seaviews"
Upgarded to 1 x bedroom suite very big rooms although bedroom had no window , very bad sewage smell
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Philip
"Terrible!"
I have been a religious yearly traveler to the beautiful town of Phuket and have always found the resorts there to be very high in quality and standard...But I must say Aspasia is by far the worst hotel I've ever frequented in the world...The staffs are very unfriendly, unhelpful, rude, unhappy; you name it they have it....As for the hotel, its not very well kept...The rooms had poor finishing with low quality bed side lamps, broken shower taps, unavailable hot water at the showers, noisy air conditioning, dirty linens....Breakfast is a nuisance as well...You have to order your breakfast and for 4 days straight; they never seem to fail to make the orders wrong...And when you tell the waitress about it; they would just reply "I don't know, you must ask the cook". How terrible is that? On top of all that have been said; the price we paid which was USD 608 on 26 - 30 Dec 2013 for 2 bedroom suite was definitely not worth even 20% the amount.The only good thing I can say about the resort is that I am glad our transport to the airport was on time; as we could no longer bear the environment of the resort.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Jacq
"The perfect stay..."
The room was great, powerful air con, big bed, great views and cleaned daily. Breakfast was included and was tasty- you could order whatever you wanted from the chef. Location was absolutely perfect. If you are looking for a quieter hotel but within walking distance of lively town aspasia is for you. You are a 5-10 min walk from Karon-kata town and 3 gorgeous beaches. There is a little walk through the jungle down from the hotel to kata beach which is beautiful. The staff were exceptional, on one day I lost my phone- the staff called round taxi services and brought it to my room! Always went the extra mile, smiley, friendly and helpful. The hotel lends mopeds at v cheap rate, great for exploring- we had no idea phuket had so many secluded, rural areas. A word of advice for those looking for authentic Thai holiday! don't stay too close to Panang beach unless you are looking to eat Big Macs, watch man united and drink jägerbombs. Kata and karon town has lovely restaurants, bars and better beaches. All in all could not fault the aspasia
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
lucy
"The perfect stay..."
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
lucy
enjoyed the stay but the pool was out of service and we had to go through construction to get anywhere in the hotel. Not safe!
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2013
"Highly recommended"
Top location, big rooms, good brekky. Staff excellent. Pool being renovated, for the inconvenience provided free dinner and massage and late checkout FOC.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Awesome"
Great hotel. Very nice rooms. Clean and well maintained. Sea-view suite is simply amazing. Great value for money. The room is equipped with everything you need. The only negative comment is that the swimming pool is small and shallow. And no direct access to the beach.
5 night romance trip Aug 12, 2013
"Tranquil retreat with excellent service"
We were very impressed by the excellent service and facilities. We were offered a free upgrade from 2 separate rooms to a 2-bedroom suite with a living room, kitchen and 3 balconies. The rooms were spacious, clean and bright, with an excellent view of the sea. Given the layout of the resort with only 2 rooms per floor on each block, you have privacy and this makes for a fantastic stay whether you are honeymooning or just looking for a quiet, tranquil retreat from the bustling, touristy areas nearer the beach. The only catch is that the shortest route to the beach is via a steep and muddy path downhill with rickety wooden poles for handrails. It might not be safe for young children or those with mobility issues. The proper route is a 10min walk downhill and you will have to climb up the steep slope when coming back from the beach. The only unpleasant incident was when we found out that we were charged for requesting a late check out when the reception counter staff acquiesced to our request without apprising us of the fee. The manager was kind enough to waive the fees in view of the miscommunication but only after a lengthy exchange. Nonetheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and commend the staff for excellent service.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Beautiful view"
The hotel is fairly close to the beach and we had a room facing the ocean so we had the pleasure of seeing a beautiful view. The room is better termed an apartment as it was well lit with natural light and extremely spacious.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2013
Senvik
SG
"Good but the climb is really difficult"
Everything is wonderful accept for some rude staff at the coffee house during breakfast and the long climb back to the hotel after a visit at Kata town or just the beach. Other then that the service staff is good and polite and hotel have a amazing view
3 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2013
ZiiZ
"Great view"
What a tranquil and quiet, yet luxorious getaway destination! We can recommend this hotel. Meals at the hotel are very expensive, thus forcing eating out options. Otherwise a very nice stay!
3 night romance trip Jul 1, 2013
great location, awesome pool, hearty breakfast with lots of choices and friendly staff trying to improve your visit
5 night romance trip May 25, 2013
"Unique"
A very unique hideaway. The staff were amazing and made us feel very special. Personalised room that did not feel at all like "just a hotel room". Fantastic breakfast in a pretty setting overlooking the view. We felt so comfortable there that we had trouble tearing ourselves away to shop or go to the beach. Will go again and recommend.
1 night trip May 8, 2013
Fay
"A Hidden Paradise"
Such a pleasant setting around the pool, we could hardly drag ourselves away to go to the beach. Lovely spacious "rooms with a difference". Loved the gardens and the view. Staff amazing and the breakfast was very innovative. We will definitely return and recommend
2 night trip May 6, 2013
Faybelle

"En fin rolig plass"
Fin rolig plass. Hyggelig ansatte. Eneste minus hva at du merket at der hva noe slitasje (noen år på seg) men et fint helhets inntrykk :)
6 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"Bel hôtel, bien au calme mais ne vaut pas un 5 *"
Trés jolie chambre, avec une vue extraordinaire, mais gros souci de maintenance dans cet hôtel, nous avons du changé 3 fois de chambre pour des soucis de non fonctionnement Du coup nous avons été sur classé ! Personnel trés gentil, mais cet établissement ne vaut pas un 5 étoiles : - Chemin pour aller à la plage non entretenu, avec odeurs épouvantables !!! Dommage - Pisine trés agréable mais souvent manque de transat - Pas de lieu pour siroter un apéro, si ce n'est le bord de la piscine ou le resto qui sert de bonnes choses trés chères, du coup peu de monde et ambiance tristounette Certes, Bon hôtel tout simplement qui pourrait avoir des atouts, mais manque de vie
7 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
emmanuel
FR
"The Aspasia Phuket"
The Aspasia Phuket oli hyvä paikka viettää lomaa Kata Beachilla. Hotelli sijaitsee rannan pohjoispäässä ja ranta onkin rauhallisempi hotellin lähistöllä. Hotellin palvelut olivat monipuoliset. Langattoman internetin kuuluvuudessa olisi parantamisen varaa ja hotellia ei voi kehua pyörätuoliystävälliseksi yseiden portaikkojen takia. Lisäksi hotelli sijaitsee jyrkän mäen päällä, jota oli raskas kulkea lastenrattaiden kanssa. Muutoin hotelli sijatsi mukavan kävelymatkan päässä Katan tuoretorilta ja kaksi kertaa viikossa järjestettävillä iltamarkkinoillakin pääsimme käymään kahdesti.
6 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Janne
FI
"Skønt hotel med skøn udsigt"
Dejligt hotel i skønne og rolige omgivelser, og alligevel tæt på byen. Hotellet kan dog ikke anbefales til gangbesværede. Dels fordi man fra byen skal op ad en meget stejl bakke, og dels fordi hotelområdet er i forskudte plan med mange trapper. Morgenbuffet er smukt anrettet, men ikke alt for spændende i udbuddet, men det opvejes af den helt fantastiske udsigt der er fra restauranten. Personalet er søde og imødekommende. Et sted vi gerne tager hen igen.
10 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
Pia
DK
"ОТЕЛЬ ЯВНО НЕ ДЛЯ РУССКИХ!!!"
Заселили на вторые сутки. сказали номер не готов. Хотя деньги за проживание сняли за весь период вперед при бронировании отеля. Первые сутки жили в соседнем отеле, хотя и не за свой счет, но все же.... Отель не современный, не на 4* и не на 5* тем более не тянет. Находиться высоко на горе, до пляжа добираться пешком большая проблема. Можно заказать тук-тук, но это обойдется в 200-300 бат в одну сторону. Про прогулки по вечерам и говорить не буду. Короче, кто задан целью отдых превратить в ежедневную тренировку, то вам именно сюда!
20 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Pavel
RU
"Aspasia"
Fint hotell lite avsides, otroligt jobbig och lång backe upp till hotellet, ta en tuk tuk. Frukosten var bra men inte mer. Många trappor. Ingen hiss till vårt rum som låg högst upp, med barnvagn. Överlag ett fint å mysigt hotell med lugn omgivning.
2 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
Ann
SE
"Piacevole permanenza"
Ottima location, vicina alla spiaggia ed al centro del paese Ristorante dell'hotel molto buono per la colazione e OK per uno spuntino a pranzo Molto carina la spa
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
CDR
IT
"Veldig fint"
Veldig fint rom og hotellet ligger i rolige omgivelser.
3 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
Tomas
"超爱的海景房"
小伙伴们把我送到酒店,推开房门真是格外惊喜呀,预定的66平米的房间直接升级到100多平啊,而且是海景房,从阳台直接可望到大海。酒店有自己的双层游泳池,灰常漂亮,早餐也不错,环境超级棒!下次来卡塔海滩还想入住这个酒店呢。
2 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014