All hotels in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePaseo Cocoteros 750 Sur Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta, NAY, 63732, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Peaceful and relaxing"
This hotel was great to stay at. The staff was unbelievably friendly and always ready to assist. Building is newer and well maintained. The spa was fantastic, definitely recommend the use of it.
ed
"Great honeymoon destination!"
We spent our honeymoon at Villa la Estancia, and were very pleased with our entire experience! villa la Estancia seemed to be a smaller, quiet (although we did go in August, the off season) resort, which was perfect for us to relax and enjoy time by the pool and beach. The food at the main restaurant, La Casona was incredible. We ventured over to Villa las Palmas next door to try the food there, but it was not nearly as good, we would've been happy just staying on our resort for food even though there's only one restaurant for breakfast and dinner and food by the pool for lunch. The pool was amazing- and the swim up bar made it even better. Not to mention, the service we received made us feel like movie stars. The concierge helped us out with booking a couple excursions, a 3 hour ATV ride and a snorkeling trip to Las Marietas. Both were good recommendations. In addition to all this, our room was beautiful with housekeepers that did a fantastic job cleaning our room during the day and turning down our sheets in the evening. I would recommend Villa la Estancia to people looking for a more relaxing, quiet vacation. Villa ls Palmas next door was more of a party vibe than Villa la Estancia. One thinge didn't like was the people trying to get you to come to breakfast, who offer you discounts on excursions. These people are really trying to sell you timeshares. We didn't get roped in, but heard of severalo got trapped into staying for a few hours.
Drew
"Great honeymoon destination!"
Drew
"Beautiful hotel right on the beach"
Villa La Estancia was amazing. We just got back from a 1 week stay last week (Aug 15 - 21, 2013) and would highly recommend this property. The staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They create a comfortable, relaxed environment in the lobby which feels more like a home vs. a hotel lobby (e.g. no big front desk, lots of oversized leather couches and chairs, etc.). It was not very crowded at the property during our stay which was nice - no competition for chairs around the pool, etc. The grounds are beautiful and extremely well kept. Lovely pool at just the right tempature and they had a box full of pool toys which was a nice extra touch. The rooms are gorgeous and nicer than most people's homes! I definitely plan to go back to Villa La Estancia. My husband got a massage at the hotel spa and he said it was the best spa experience he's ever had (better than Napa and other high end places). They pay a lot of attention to you while you are using the facilities (prior to your massage) which made it extra special. For lower cost massage option, head down the beach toward the right and you'll come across 2 small tents on the beach. I went to the 2nd one and got a fantastic massage - as good as any you'd get in the states and so relaxing hearing the ocean in the background. While not private (they have multple tables in a row), I felt adequately covered and not exposed in any way. It was amazing and at just $20 (I gave $10 tip on top), you could afford to get a few!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Beth
Great would stay there again. Excellent hotel and service
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Nice and quite away from everything...."
The bed was a bit uncomfortable, also the pillows, the pillows were changed so it was Ok. The restaurant choice and the food selection very poor for 4+ star hotel, it needs major improvement, bring your own food or be ready to take a taxi for breakfast. The food quality was acceptable but just not enough of selection. The room was clean and the facilities as well. No activities for kids other than the main pool. This is hotel to bring your own food relax and relax some more. The staff were excellent, they did their best to make everything possible for us, never said no and always with a big smile and super friendly. I know all their families by now.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Far
"Clean. Friendly personel, and very helpful."
I was very satisfied with the hotel and specially the personel, they were able to let us know where to go and visit and gave good directions and tips. Accomodations were excellent.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Manuel
"Very nice and exclusive hotel"
Its location is excellent as well as the beach. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff really tried to help with everything.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Janice
"Great facility and staff. Time share undercurrent"
Great all around and not as crowded as neighboring resorts. wonderful experience at the facility And great staff. The restaurant at Estancia is excellent. However, I strongly believe the Estancia guests should be made aware at check in, that the neighboring and sister resort villa de palamar flamingo, is a time share facility that will aggressively and deceptively try to get you on their presentation. I realize timeshare sales is par for the course in Mexico, however the tactics used in this setting (estancia and flamingo facilities are actually one large facility with 2 names and guests of estancia are encouraged to use flamingo pool etc.) were aggravating, insulting, and left a huge black cloud over our overall "villa" experience. Again, this in no way reflects the Estancia staff but BE AWARE that there is a timeshare under current lurking, basically watching you. do not fall victim.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"AMAZING SUMMER VACAY"
We stayed here for 7 days & 6 nights & we felt as if it were home. The staff were so polite, always willing to help & most important for me they ALL spoke English. I'm half African American & German, my husband is 100% Mexican. In my experience in Mexico is that I'm assuming I look a little Latina-ish because when I go to speak English I always get a snobby look or eyes rolled, I guess it's them thinking I just don't want to speak Spanish.lol. Here I NEVER had this problem! During our trip we also dined again at Punto down on the bay in central, food is amazing! We always visit Bucerias to go hourseback riding along the beach, & this time we made a day trip over to the little island thats a crator, along the way we saw dolphins diving & sea turtle! Our guide took us to the bluest waters where we picnicked & swam before returning to La Estancia! Thank you for making us feel more than welcomed, more than comfortable & of course we will be returning!!!
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Amber
"Worst Hotel !!!"
!!!!!!!!!!! Worst vacation ever !!!!!!!!! The hotel dose not have any live shows, like other hotel with all inclusive will. They close everything at 9pm including the pools. The beach is nasty, nothing compare to Cancun. Last time I will stay in this hotel worse experience ever. They charge for everything, right when I check in the first day the receptionist said that if I wanted to go to different restaurant inside the hotel I had to pay extra. Long story short I end up paying $2800.00 more on my first day checking in at the hotel. If you want a great hotel that does not have hiding feeds for everything stay at RIU Place hotel you can never go wrong with this hotel. If you stay at these hotel be prepare to pay hiding feeds
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Ari
"What you see isn't half of what you get."
Very beautiful experience in elegance. From check in to check out. Most beautiful resort I have ever seen and I thought I had seen them all. If there is better in Puerto Vallarta, it doesn't exist. Staff on the beach and pool area , Angel you're the best. Little Raul you too. Leo the doorman always says welcome home....(I wish). The staff at the gym, Lizandro, you are the best. If you're going there you must get the 1bdrm, you won't believe the amenities. Very clean resort. If I ever go back to pto Vallarta I know where I'm staying. I recommend this place to everyone.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
tina
"The Best"
The best resort I've ever stayed in. Everthing is top notch and the staff pampers you.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
cjfrederick1
"Great Place and Nice Staff"
Very peaceful hotel. The one next door owned by the same owner is more for families. This one was perfect for a nice quiet time. The food was excellent along with the premium liquor bar. I found that shopping for gifts at the near by town was better than at Puerto Vallarta. The hotel is about 30-40 minutes from the airport. Leo the door man was excellent. The hotel cab service was affordable and all the drivers were very nice and gave tips about where to go and what to do. No timeshare reps are allowed at this hotel but be aware of them at the hotel next door. Tell them you have the Disney Vacation Club and that ends their sells pitch.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
"The best pool side bar in Mexico"
Excellent property and beach. In May the hotel was almost empty, so we effectively have full service hotel's staff to our disposal. Nice very clean pull, there are actually two, and pool bar in the middle. The pool bar is the best place to have lunch or late lunch (open till 6 pm). The hotel is all inclusive but you need to get but there is no buffet, almost all food is for order and freshly cooked for your liking. The service the the main restorante is not the highest quality and have limited menue, however we've been able to try everything there is during 7 days stay but would not want to have it all the same again for much longer. For those planning longer stay I would suggest to get a room only and cook your own food. The kitchen in the room is very good and staffed with all needed for cooking. There was only one problem which we were a bit bothered with, its a slow and spotty wi-fi internet connection in the room. I have to go to the lobby few times to get basic e-mails. Otherwise our stay was top rated.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Jacky
"BY FAR, THE BEST HOTEL!!!"
This is by far, the best service and hotel I have ever experienced in any place and any country I have visited. Whether we were on the pool, at the restaurant, at the bar, or at the beach, I was always greeted by name and anything that I needed was brought to me wherever I was. I say ANYTHING, because at one point, my wife really wanted a dish called "Camarones a la Diabla" and they did not have it in their menu. I don't know how, but in 20 minutes that dish was sitting in our table at the beach. We had the all-inclusive package and it is definitely worth it. We were 3 nights in Nuevo Vallarta and we never had to leave the hotel for anything. Not even to try local restaurants. Not only is to food local and delicious, but they always serve it in very fancy plates with adornments. The room was always very clean and we had a balcony with an excellent ocean view. The pool and beach area are both really really nice!! I usually always have at least one negative comment about a hotel, but this is the only hotel that has exceeded each and every one of my expectations. The price might look like it is high, but for what you get, it's worth every penny!
Other trip May 19, 2013
Gonzalez Family
"Perfect spot for a restful family vacation!"
A beautiful resort and the service from the staff was exceptional. Our family left fully rested and happy that we just had a great family vacation.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
"Great hotel."
This is a beautiful, well maintained hotel and the staff was great, with exception that many days I needed to call for cleaning staff for something, about which they were very responsive. I might have tried to get food all-inclusive had I known that there are no simple restaurant options outside of hotel(s) nearby, without a taxi ride or 15 min. walk to Bucerias.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
St
"Quality we can count on every trip."
This was our 3rd trip to Villa La Estancia. Each time we have had the same quality experience. It is so refreshing to be able to go somewhere and know that we can count on a clean beautiful suite and staff that is unmatched. Upon arrival we are greeted with the words "Welcome home" and that's exactly how it feels. We will definitely be back again!
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Perfect stay - again!"
Have already said, this is my fave place arround Vallarta. The price is high, but everything is top notch. I love that many of the staff rber us from a previous visit, it added a nice touch.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2013
Gretchen
"Terrific Hotel"
This hotel is a first class operation that is truly customer service oriented. Like all stays, there are issues that come up however, my wife and I found the hotel staff was very quick to make things right. The food was outstanding, the pool area spotless, you are able to walk on a fantastic sandy beach and the room was terrific. Not much more you can say.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
Greg
"Lovely Hotel"
The hotel is beautiful and peaceful. Spa is amazing, and the staff very attentive. Perfect in every way
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"for couples or families. Quiet."
wonderful condo complex that allows renters. Extremely well appointed rooms all with ocean view balconies.
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
tony
"Fabulous Hotel .."
This is the second visit to Villa Estansia this year and we Love it. We couldn't recommend it more highly. The one bedroom unit is fabulous. It is large, beautifully furnished, bed very comfortable with nice linens, Two toilets and two showers and full kitchen and living area. Two flat screen TVs with DVD payers and a large selection of channels in English and Spanish. The service is perfect and friendly and all staff very welcoming. The balcony is large and usable. The food and decor at the restaurant is world class and very good. The evening piano player is a wonderful addition to an already great evening dining experience. The pool and surrounding area is fabulous and you can sit poolside or on the beach with food and drinks service all day. Villa Estansia is quite isolated and if you want to leave the hotel ( no need its paradise in itself!) we suggest a car hire is a good idea. It is a drive to anywhere from this beautiful location.. And at least one night out in Zona Romantica is recommended in every visit to Puerto Vallerta.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
B n K
""All the comforts of (luxury) home""
My husband and I spent a relaxing week enjoying the exceptionally cared for facilities and surrounding landscape. Everyone treats you like family. On your arrival, you are greeted with a glass of sparkling wine and a wonderful hand massage before being escorted to your room. That level of accommodation and attention to detail was consistent throughout the week. Great workout facility, restaurant, spa. Very quiet and relaxing. Will definitely go back.
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
"a fine, mega resot"
A superior, recently built resort. All experiences were excellent except the push of their sister hotel to sell us a timeshare or condo.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
jon
"A Vacation Beyond Compare"
I have stayed at several resorts in the Vallarta area and this was by far the nicest. Incredible grounds, pools, gym and day spa all cared for by an dedicated staff - I don't know what else you could hope for really. I will definitely stay at La Estancia again. Special thanks to Claudia at the concierge desk, Jasmine in the spa, Angel at the pool and Alejandro and Santiago in the restaurant for making our stay perfect.
3 night trip Feb 28, 2013
Gretchen
"Beautiful hotel"
We loved staying at this beautiful hotel, it rescued our vacation. We had checked into a different hotel that was supposedly rated as five-star, however could only endure two days there. We moved to Villa La Estancia and wow! Beautiful grounds beautiful building, wonderfully attentive staff. We will definitely be back!
5 night trip Nov 26, 2012
"As advertised!"
Just like the pictures! Food excellent. Very quiet, not much to do. Next time would use kitchen and visit Bucerias for great eats!!!
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
"Quiet get away"
Beautiful, modern hotel. Grounds and rooms were spotless. Our party of 6 did not sign up for the all inclusive and glad that we didn't. Ate daily at the pool restaurant. Food and pool side service was decent. Ate dinner twice at the main restaurant, not impressed with either meal both on price and taste. Enjoyed cooking in our rooms and venturing out to Bucerias much better.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Escaping to sun
"Holiday in Mexico 2012"
Second back-to-back year of staying at this great property. Great beach, pool, and rooms. Very friendly can do service also.
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
"best resort ever!"
it was the the perfect vacation at la estancia resort. The staff was extremely nice, the atmosphere was so relax and inviting.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
"Family Vacation"
This was our second stay and it was fantastic! I highly recommend the resort, the staff is incredible and our family was incredibly happy. Great vacation!
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
"Expedia VIP treatment?"
Expedia VIP treatment not there, it took 24 hrs to get our upgrade since they were not ready for us ??? food price is not at the quality and taste level by the way.
Other trip Nov 23, 2012
Family FeelGood
"Amazing!!"
We just spent 6 days at Villa la Estancia for our honeymoon and it was even better than we were expecting. The staff was so nice and helpful; from the minute we arrived we practically felt like royalty! They rooms are amazing - pictures don't even do justice to the views. We loved everything about our stay, and we will definitely be back soon!
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"A great place to relax!"
The entire family loved this vacation! We have stayed at many 5 star resorts and La Estancia is right there with any we have stayed at.
Other trip Aug 15, 2012
Phillip
"La Estancia ... for those that want to get away"
This property is very good. Pool staff and pool restaurant staff are excellent and friendly If one only goes for a beach and pool resort this is one to pick. They are a $US22 ride from Puerto Vallarta itself. My real complaint is that one never sees any management staff walking around intermingling with the guest or supervising the staff. The main restaurant for dinner is fine if not to busy ... if busy they seem to overlook the small details that make an evening enjoyable. Occasionally the housekeeping staff forgets to leave items like face clothes and coffee but overall good. Nice views from the rooms and the beach is excellent ... clean and not crowded.
Other trip Jul 21, 2012
Kent Maury
"Relaxing family vacation"
Beautiful property, exceptional staff, magnificent experience. Restaurant food was wonderful.outdoor swim up bar Miguel was fantastic.
Other trip Jul 13, 2012
"Highly Recommended"
The staffs are very friendly and knowing how to say Gracias can get you very far here. Do bring medicine for athlete foot if you are prone to it. And bug spray is not a bad idea either. Great hotel, swimming pool and beach - it doesn't hurt your feet walking bare footed! We've also ventured out to downtown, swim with dolphins and went on "BeachBoy" day trip. All highly recommended. If you are downtown, you have to try Pi Pi's. Their food is so good and they'd come cook guacamole in front of you and provide free dishes. The portion is generous too. We wound up with more food than we can eat...
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
Lily
"Amazing Service!"
Cesar, Hugo, Jose, Raul and everyone else did an outstanding job. We took 6 children to this resort and they made it so easy for us. The room was amazing, the pools were great, they continually offered to assist us in any way possible. Phenomenal in all aspects.
Other trip Jun 12, 2012

"Nice enough. Not an Expeida vip hotel"
Hotel was overall quite lovely. We did the all inclusive option. Which was likely not worth it. And somewhat annoying as everyone server/bar tender kept asking for our room number. (As some people are not all inclusive). But was a lot as we had to sign after every drink anyways. Big issue was a day it rained and they closed the outside bar/lunch restaurant. And the indoor one was closed to get ready for dinner. So for a few hours. There were no options to eat. You could order a limited menu as room service. But no mixed drinks. The sister property seemed to be fully functioning. But we didn't figure that out for quite awhile, We were not upgraded as they said the next upgrade for a room was not available. I did choose this resort as it was a vip. And have had great upgrades in the past. I would give this a 3 star for an all inclusive. And a 4 for a condo resort. The beach was lovely out front. And you can walk for miles both directions. An overall feeling was the staff was there for the owners not the guests
Response by Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Dear Guest: Thank you for sharing your experiences and thank you for your recent stay at Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit. We have received your comments regarding some inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We truly appreciate the time you took to write such important feedback, rest assured that all departments involved have been properly informed to take immediate actions on that matter. We hope to have the opportunity in the near future to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for. Cordially yours Rodolfo Cobos General Manager
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Rebeccca
"Excellent for spa services"
I had a short weekend stay at Villa Estancia. Lovely hotel but some construction above my room, so drilling noises coming down into my room. Also 2 or 3 times there was no water. I told the concierge staff, they said yes, that happens and smiled creepily at me. Some great touches that were nice, a welcome drink, hand massages, lots of beach chairs, newspaper/book selection by the beach, boogie boards by the beach...BUT vendors allowed on the beach area! Sick to death of them. I enjoyed the spa immensley, gorgeous design, great therapists. The hydro area is great.
Response by Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Dear Guest: First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit; I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments on Expedia. I want to apologize if some of the services and facilities did not meet your expectations; however, it is important to mention that we took corrective actions as soon as we received your review. I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again on a near future. Cordially Rodolfo Cobos General Manager
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Annick
"Lovely Resort with Excellent Staff"
This was our second stay at La Estancia, and for the most part, it was as good as the first time. Several of the staff members we met on our first visit, were still there and made every effort to welcome us back. It is generally a lovely resort to relax and enjoy the good service. From the time you arrival, until departure, the staff tries their best to make your stay the best for you. One issue we had, this time, was the food in La Casona restaurant was not up to previous level. We had steaks that despite being sent back twice, were still way too rare and shrimp, one night that was past its prime. The wait staff tried to remedy situation, but apparently there is new kitchen staff. Hopefully, this will improve in time. Other restaurants are also available at sister resort. Our room was kept very clean and was quiet. Poolside, Felix and Gabriel, worked hard at keeping us comfortable and we enjoyed the waiters and food at poolside restaurant. We would certainly consider a third visit in the future.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"lovely hotel on a long walkable beach."
This was our second stay at estancia...we are looking forward to the next!!. The staff were excellent with many recommendations both on and off the property. Felix the pool concierge was a true joy and looked after us every day. The rooms were spacious balconies even more so. We highly recommend this property to individuals looking for a quiet get away
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Relaxing beautiful resort on the beach."
Beautiful hotel. Staff is awesome, food is really good. Nice size hotel, not too big or too small. Its quiet, relaxing, very enjoyable if your looking for a more laid back atmosphere. Spa is also very nice.
"Nuevo Vallarta All Inclusive"
This is the first time we have ever rated anything on expedia so I hope this helps you. We booked a stay at La Estancia from July 19 to 26, 2014 ( we took the all inclusive package, one of the corner penthouse suites). As it turned out, this is a busy period for the hotel thus our arrival and first day's experience involved a series of delays from hotel check in to restaurant reservations. However, kudos to the general manager of the resort, Mr. Rodolfo Cobos and his team - he met with us to understand what the hiccups were and addressed them promptly. We noticed additional staffing by Day 2 of our stay onwards (and it was a far different experience). The rest of the stay was an exceptional experience for our family - Myself, my wife and 5 children - yes 5 kids :).
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Paolo
"Beautiful hotel with superb amenities!"
Upon our arrival, the doorman greeted us with "welcome home". It was quite the home for 2 weeks. Beautiful complex,meticulously kept inside and out and the staff couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. Very accommodating! Pool area is fabulous! If you're Canadian and need to get cash from the ATM machine, be prepared to go off site as our card wouldn't process. Off site involves a taxi. To get anywhere involves a taxi, but they are prompt and very clean and not expensive. We did eat at the restaurant and poolside restaurant, but did make a number of trips into Bucerias. We weren't disappointed in any of the above.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Wayne & Maureen
"A little taste of paradise in Mexico"
My girlfriend and I needed to get away from the cold, and Villa La Estancia proved to be the perfect choice. Situated right on the beach with miles and miles of sand for walking in either direction, I cannot imagine a better location for a southern getaway. Every day in Riviera Nayarit the sun shines and the breezes blow, making the temperature very comfortable even when it is quite hot. Estancia is low key compared to most resorts in the area, with a mixture of adults and children but without the loud pool activities and pulsing music (for that Estancia guests are more than welcome to go to the sister resort, Los Flamingos, next door). Vendors are apparent, but not pushy, and never hassle you anywhere on the beach. If you want to buy something you can walk the 15 minute pathway to Bucerias, a delightful artsy Mexican village with many galleries and interesting shops, along with great restaurants and places to sit and have coffee or tequila. While more expensive than most, overall, one of the best sun holidays we've ever had!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Excellent suites right on the beach"
Beautiful hotel with incredibly friendly and attentive staff and service from start to finish. Sandy beach extended for miles; great for long walks and runs. Weather was ideal, ocean great for swimming and boogie boards. Bonus Skydiving experience incredible! Perfect spot for a relaxing family holiday
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Laverne
"Great for couples or families..."
Restaurant was excellent, food was great. Mexican cuisine along with other options, all were scrumptious. We rented a 3 bedroom villa and booked the all inclusive package. Drinks and food were premium. House wine was also good as part of the all inclusive package. 24 hour room service, came in very handy. Great service and staff were amazing.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014