All hotels in Athens, Greece

Bad pool
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Amalia"
Comfortable, centrally located hotel. Friendly staff and reasonable price. Nice bathroom. Great breakfast included. Within walking distance of accropolis.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great central location"
Visitors to Greece will experience a range of accommodations especially if they travel to islands or Peleponnese so a stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel like the Amalia is welcome respite
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Pam
"Decent hotel in central Athens (Syntagma)"
Overall, Amalia hotel is a very good choice if you prefer staying in Syntagma. It is situated next to Attica department store, Ermou street and Monastiraki shopping district. However, the hotel lacks a decent restaurant, and the staff wasn't friendly and even sometimes rude especially at the reception.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Elie
Good selection, recommended. Senior staff is great!
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Willy
"Excellent hotel and fantastic location!"
The hotel is very clean, very modern and seriously great location! This hotel is within walking distance to all of the tourist attractions you will want to see and also has great air conditioning which is key in the summer heat! My sister and I stayed at this hotel and a few travel things unique to Athens is how far away the airport is from all of the tourist attractions in the city. Taxis will cost double from 12am-5am and would not be a good option. This hotel is right by (3 minute walk and safe) to both the 24 hour bus to the airport and the metro that starts running at 6am (both cheap and great options). My sister and I had to leave at 2am in the morning to catch the bus to the airport and the stay even prepared us breakfast boxes to take with us since we would miss the morning breakfast. I would definitely tell any family and friends to stay at this hotel in Athens!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Location is great, nice staff, excellent breakfast"
Wonderful ! We stayed there for 2 days before our cruise . walking distance to Metro at Syntagma square. When we returned fom the cruise they were very kind and stored our luggage until our later flight and we were able to enjoy more of Athens. Close to Zeus temple, Acropolis museum. Staff was great ! They helped us with tips ontransportation ( like taxi to the Port only 20 euros ! For 4 of us and luggage). Rooms were big, comfortable, excellent free wifi, and complimentary water and dry fruit in the rooms. Breakfast was the best !, Loved our stay will definitely come back again ! Thanks to all the staff at the hotel !
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
We enjoyed our stay at Amalias hotel.The staff was most courteous and the service was great. The hotel is very convenient ,It faces the lovely botanial gardens within rwo short blocked are the parliment constitution square , the metro and bus transportation is within a short walk .It walking distance to the shops and towards the museum and the Acropolis We enjoyed our visit here. t
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
great location walking distance to tube. excellent enormous spread for breakfast. staff very friendly and helpful
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Fantastic"
Great location, a block from Stygma Square. Staff was uniformly friendly, helpful, and extremely professional. Room was extremely comfortable, high quality mattress and bedding, good shower by European standards. Highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Traveler
"Excellence Location"
The hotel location was great. Excellence breakfast. Room was clean and good shower. I would recommend it. Very satisfied.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Lizbeth
"Solid Hotel"
Everything was clean. It was in a great location. Employees were helpful. They even upgraded us to a room with a better view for free.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Perfect Stay"
Very nice stay for my boyfriend and me. Room and bathroom were in excellent condition and very clean! Beds were comfortable and we were able to sleep very well. The breakfast buffet had a good selection and was able to keep us full until dinner. The hotel staff is wonderful and very friendly. Overall, a great stay and we would not hesitate to come back here.
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Lyna
"Good Location"
The hotel rooms were very spacious and clean.
2 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2014
"Great location - rooms a bit small"
Everything was great - location, cleanliness, staff, etc. My only feedback is the rooms were small. Typical for Europe, but even small for European standards. Great breakfast!
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Convenient location"
Not very impressed. Room was nice, but small. Front desk staff not too helpful and they billed both my debit card and my credit card for the room which has led to many problems. The breakfast wasn't impressive.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
Jonathan
"Great hotel location"
We had a great front room. The hotel is wonderfully located. Breakfast is delicious.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Connie
Good location right by royal gardens and subway station. Really good breakfast buffet for price of 8€. Nice roof top, but no chairs or anything. Missed potential there. Felt very much business like. Staff was nice.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
brad
"Nice hotel, good location"
We reserved four rooms for our party of 8. Our request to have our rooms close together was honored. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The mattress was a bit stiff for my taste but I'm more accustomed to my pillow top mattress. The staff was professional but most that we came into contact with were not overly friendly. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and included a great variety of hot and cold choices. The location of this hotel was one of the highlights. It is close to the Parliament building where you could see the tomb of the unknown soldier and changing of the guards. Syntagma Square is right there too. The National Gardens are directly across the street. Many other attractions including the Plaka, Athens Flea Market and, of course, the Acropolis are nearby as well. Everything is within walking distance, which was a big plus for us.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Excellent location!"
great hotel, great staff and best is the location. Across metro, few blocks away from acropolis (walking distance).
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
andrea
"Very good location."
Very comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast buffet. Walking distance to most ancient sites.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great service"
I travel a lot, I spend many nights in hotels. All I can say is that the service and kindness of the staff at the Amalia Hotel simply stood out. If I need to go back to Athens for business or vacation, I will certainly stay there again.
Christian
Great hotel. Great staff. They have us an upgrade without even asking. Location is great.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
andrea
"Very well located, next to the Sintagma square."
Extremely well located. The Parthenon, Plaka, Monasteraki, Lolonaki, and other main attractions are within a walking distance from the hotel. The staff was always nice and helpful. Breakfast was superb. I would definitely go back.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Armen
"Nice hotel near Acropolis"
The room was fine. Bed was a little on the firm side. Breakfast was great. Near all the tourist attractions and easy to get to/find. There is smoking allowed in some rooms, and we could smell that from our room at one point, so that was gross.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Ideal for Acropolis sites"
After staying in hotels around the Greek islands that were smaller and older, we were thrilled to be in a true city hotel with nice beds and a modern bathroom. Easy walkable distance to the Acropolis, Parliament building, and embassies. The included breakfast was great, too.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2014
"convenient location and best breakfast ever"
Hotel services were superb over all. The room was very clean. They had set up a baby crib for us before our arrival. It came with perhaps the best firm mattress for our baby. The hotel is located right across from the National Garden which is perfect for us to take our one year old daughter for a walk and play in the playground. The only thing was that the street traffic was noisy.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
I would recommend to anyone this hotel. The staff was very kind and helpful, always. Superb location! The breakfast was excellent. Rooms were cleam and moderm. If I have to go again to Athens I will go back to the hotel.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"NO customer service at all. Management Issue!!"
The hotel without any apologies told us the politicians had to extend their stay so the hotel could not provide us with the reserved room. They transferred us to another hotel - Athens Gate Hotel (emphasizing they would pay for it..- of coz they have to! I have paid everything via Hotel.com). I understand things happen. So I agreed with the arrangement though it was already late at night. Then the Athens Gate Hotel mentioned that internet in the room requires a fee, which was supposed to be complimentary in Amalia. So I called Amalia again to ask for covering the internet charge as it's absolutely not fair for me to pay extra. Then the Amalia staff said it's not required by the law!.. it's totally a joke to me especially we were thrown out of the hotel then now telling me I was responsible for the extra charges due to their management issues. I asked for manager then was pushed back that manager was not available and had to call me back the next day. We are talking about 30Euro (for 3 nights) and no one can even make decision when a manager is not available? I had to fight for myself for good 10 minutes on the phone in the middle of late night and finally get what I deserved! I will never book this hotel again. Athens Gate had way better customer services and attention to their customers!!
3 night trip May 9, 2014
"Great Hotel/Great Location"
Arrived late due to airline delay, but staff was good in getting us into our room without delay. Found the hotel & staff to be very nice, a terrific breakfast buffet to start each day & unbeatable location! Around the corner from metro & the very handy Hop On Hop Off buses to provide easy access to all the sights we wanted to see.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Centrally located hotel."
WAlking distance to mostly everything... reception agents very professional, helpful and most important, pleasant. Beds very comfortable. Quiet rooms
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
gloria
"walk to acropolis"
clean and comfortable. excellent breakfast. watch for pickpockets at syntagma square and on the metro
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
bill and jane
"Best location, in the central"
Very good location at Syntagma squere, close by walking to all tourist atractions. Easy to get to the hotel by train or by bus. The hotel is very clean, the management are very kind and polite, free wi-fi everywhere in the hotel, including in the rooms. Excellent breakfast with wide range of food.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Anat
"Great location and reasonably priced"
I stayed there 5 nights. Can't beat the location; it's 1 minute walk from Express Bus 95 from the airport (24 hours) and Syntagma Square; 5 minuts from Plaka; 10 minutes from Acropolis. If you want to take the tram to Pireas, the tram stop is right by it. Breakfast came with the room and it was more than sufficient. People are very friendly and the rooms are clean. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
JC
"Excellent Hotel, too much street noise"
The Amalia Hotel is excellent in all respects save one: street noise. The location is perfect for business or sightseeing, convenient to the Metro and the main shopping and sightseeing area. The hotel is comfortable with good internet access. The breakfast buffet is very good. However, you have to keep the window open to be comfortable, and that means street noise.
3 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Terry
"Highly recommended"
Excellent hotel. Great location one block from syntagma square and also 1 block from x95 bus station (very easy and cheap commute from the airport) outstanding free breakfast is included as well. Great view of the city from the roof including the Parthenon. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. Only con is that the elevator is small.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
Haseeb
Amalia hotel was excellent. Staff and service were superior, as was breakfast. Plan to return
4 night trip Oct 29, 2013
Our stay at the Amalias was great! The hotel was clean, the service was good, the breakfast was fantastic and the location was perfect. There were 6 of us in 2 rooms (3 guys, 3 girls). They put our rooms next door to each other. This hotel is very close to Syntagma Square to catch the hop on hop off bus to site see. It is right across from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier so you can see the changing of the guard every hour. The view of the Acropolis from the roof is beautiful. This is a great hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2013
Phil
"Great location, comfortable clean room, greastaff"
Great price for this comfortable room. Facilities a bit older but clean and extremely comfortable. Staff from the front desk to the dining area were polite and very helpful. Made my transition into my holiday a breeze. Free wi-fi in the room definitely a plus for me. Location very good. I'd pick this hotel again for future trips.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Good experience overall staying at this hotel. Friendly helpful staff immaculate rooms. Close to plaka where there are plenty of restaurants and shops. Our only complaint was that the view from our window consisted of a brick wall about 5 feet away. We were only flighty disappointed though as we didn't spend much time in our room because we were sight seeing. If scenery is important to you than this is not the hotel for you.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Close to all the Attractions"
This hotel is situated perfectly close to all the important things in Athens. There is a Metro station nearby, Hop on & Hop off starts nearby, close to Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Shopping ... The rooms are neat, clean, service is great, breakfast is good. We went as a group of 4 adults and 2 children. Found the location fantastic, as it was easy to walk to all the locations and didnt need to get into a cab. I would strongly recommend just for the location.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
it was 50m far from the X95 bus station. We could see a wonderful view at the roof top.
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2013
Leo
"Excellent hotel!"
Displayed in the front hotel window is a notice that this Athena hotel won a 2012 award for being excellent, and I fully agree. Hotel personnel are helpful and kind, and even went out of their way to find a reliable taxi at a good price. Dining room meals are excellent. Comfortable rooms. Excellent location. Less than a five minute walk to the cheap bus going to the far away airport. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2013
B. Wolf
Hotel is great & very conveniently located. I would definitely stay there again
2 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"Great Location!"
Perfect location to visit all attractions. Breakfast is not complimentary, but provided for a reduced amount of 8 euros . Not bad at all. Don't have any complaints
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Amalia Hotel, great location"
Great location, reasonable price, we had an AC (central air) that was very weak so don't get a room located at the end of the hall. Staff was helpful.
4 night romance trip Sep 11, 2013
MS
"Central Athens hotel"
Nice hotel one block to Syntagma Sguare. Great breakfast. Ten minute walk to center of Plaka.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Chas
Considering we were coming after visiting Switzerland, where hotel rooms were very small but still very expensive. This hotel really was worth the money. Location is great. Just 2 mins walk to the bus stop which takes you to the airport and all the historical places are walking distance from the hotel. Hotel staff was very helpful and breakfast was great too. Really enjoyed our stay in Athens.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Clean & Convienient"
Only stayed 1 night prior to cruise but it is a great location. Walking distance from the Acropolis Museum and other attractions. Good neighborhood close to restaurants. Hotel was clean staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel arranged transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise ship port (for a fee). Rooms are on the small side.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Ken
"Pretty Good"
Decent hotel. Clean, good location, next to a metro station and within walking distance to the Acropolis.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
H.J.
"Good location, very noisy, NOT 4 star, small room,"
Excellent staff, great stay. This is not a 4 star hotel, the bath fittings are 4 star for a tiny bath room, and the room is tiny. NO view. Noisy as it is in the center of the city, which is great because of transport and tourist facilities which are just steps away. Pricey for me, but was worth it because of closeness to every thing. The breakfast was included in my room charge and was fantastic ( 20 E = about $26 pp, but was a gourmet spread!,). Again the staff and service was excellent. Would recommend ( if you can afford it) . I am sure there are plenty of alternatives, right in the area with same closeness to transport and tourist facilities which are priced much less, just need to do more research. Remember that photos on the internet are VERY deceiving! do not go by the photographs, use a map and location to add to your research. The Amalia is a family owned small hotel chain that is international and has a core tour bus/guide operation. We did not do their tours, but that is what I started out with in my research. We stayed two nights, slept poorly because of the noise and jet lag. Beds and mattresses were great. Only 1 pillow. Toilet does not take tissues, no bidet, but can use the flexible shower head for lavage. Charge for internet, laptop in lobby is free, with printer. Staff can give you all info about city and some info about transport. Neighboring cafes are limited but excellent and affordable. AC will work only with card in place, as in all Greek hotels.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013