All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

2 night trip Feb 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier

"Friendly City Hotel"
02/08/16 Hago S Ratingen, Germany
If you look for a Hotel which is perfectly located to Ginza and the fish market, with for Tokyo standards big enough rooms and a fantastic view, friendly and helpful personell, a cozy bed and a chic bathroom - easy to reach with the airport limousine bus service from Narita ( own stop) and affordable - you will love Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
02/07/16 annie567 Gosford, Australia
We have stayed here for 4 nights, very comfortable beds and bedding, excellent bathroom amenities providing everything we required. Staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small and storage of luggage within the room is limited, but no different from most other large cities. Walking distance to the shopping district, JR station and underground.
"Super hotel, great location"
02/06/16 iris212 Tel Aviv, Israel
A superb hotel ( if I wouldn't have know that it is only 4* I would give it 5*. It has practically all the amenities of a 5-star hotel.the lobby is very impressive with the skyline of Tokyo and th rooms have exactly the same fantastic skyline. I was so impressed that I left th curtains open to see the sunrise over the highrises of Tokyo. The room is small ( maybe because I had a single room) and the bathroom had everything necessary but also small. But the view makes up for it! Lovely hotel, nice polite staff, very helpful. Highly recommended!
"Convenient Location"
02/05/16 RhondaMJ Canberra
We stayed here for three nights on our way back from Europe. As our plane landed early in the morning we had to pay for an extra day to allow us to check in at ten in the morning. The hotel is conveniently located, a short taxi ride from Tokyo Station ( within walking distance if you are not carrying luggage) and also a short taxi ride from the monorail and bus station. The reception is on the 16 th floor so all rooms have a view. Our corner room had a view between buildings to Tokyo Bay and from the bathroom towards the Ginza. Our superior room, while not large, contained comfortable twin beds, a sofa and a bathroom with a shower and a bath. The concierge were most helpful in booking us on day trips to Nikko and to Mt Fuji. We would certainly stay here again.
"Modern, spacious and well located hotel"
01/29/16 sonnywaheed London, United Kingdom
The great thing about the Mitsui garden hotel is that its in one of the tallest buildings in its area; its lobby is on the 16th floor will all rooms between floor 17 and 25. The result is some wonderful views. As you enter the lobby, there's a glorious view ov Tokyo tower and from certain perspectives you can even see Mt Fuji (on a clear day). The rooms in the hotel, by most city standards, are very well sized and actually big by Tokyo standards. My room had 2 queen sized beds, 2 desks, a super sized TV (that i couldn't understand how to use), and a 4-seat corner sofa unit. As expected, there were robes and slippers provided in the room, and also iron, ironing board and even a local clothes spray (to help neutralise smells in your clothes). Another amazing element of the room is the plethora of power sockets around the room and all located in highly convenient places. And the besdside tables (1 per bed) had 2 power sockets and even a usb power output built in). The en-suite bathroom had a separate cubicle for the toilet and a glass partition leading into the 'wet room' which had a raincloud shower, hand held shower and bathtub. The bathroom amenities were, as per Japanese standards, very thorough - toothbrush, toothpaste, razor blades, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, comb etc. However they also had a card that said 'if you do not use any of these amenities, bring this card with you when you check out and we will make a donation to a charity' - a wonderful idea! There are only 2 things that i find disappointing about this hotel. 1 althought the hotel provides tea and coffee making facilities (Nespresso, no less), the cups they provide are tiny... May be suitable for an espresso or small cappucino, but woefully inadequate for a cup of tea. The other failing is that theres no gym or exercise room here. It would have been lovely to have a small room with just a few machines in. These quiblles aside, its certainly a place I'd reccomend if it fits your budget.
"Excellent hotel!"
01/25/16 absarthou Melbourne, Australia
Well located. Amazing views. Over-all great service! Efficient and very accommodating staff - from the check-in process to check-out. The hotel has amazing views from the lobby. Service was above and beyond the call of duty. One of the lady staff even assisted us with our luggage all the way to the waiting cabs, on our way to the cruise port. Very clean facilities and well appointed. Highly recommended!
"Small rooms but great view of Ginza and breakfast buffet is delicious"
01/24/16 richprimero Manila
Stayed in this hotel on two trips to Tokyo last year and have no complaints other than the small rooms. Typical in Japan but rooms in the nearby Villa Fontaine Shiodome were bigger and priced lower. That said, Mitsui Garden's rooms afforded a view of Ginza (of course this would not be true for the rooms on the opposite side), the hotel's breakfast buffet was delicious (but carried a separate price tag of Jpy2,500) and the hotel was a block away from Ginza and walking distance to Tsukiji.
"A great hotel."
01/22/16 Thekrunkymonkey Reykjavik, Iceland
We arrived at 1030 on the morning of Tokyo's horror snow day. The trains had ceased to run to Shinbashe and we couldn't get to Shiodome either. This meant we had to walk 1.5km from the Ginza station through 20cm of icy sludge in the frozen rain. We arrived, soaked to the skin, looking like drowned rats. We were greeted warmly by the staff who presented us with hot towels and apologies for the horrible weather. The front desk staff had our room made up and checked us in 4.5hrs early. Our room was amazing. We booked the Premier room I think it was? The view was spectacular, and everything was just perfect. Free botle of wine each day in our room. A fridge full of complimentary drinks. Incredibly comfy bed and the bathroom with that incredible view. The location was excellent and although a bit out the way in some respects, it is VERY close to two train stations and well within walking distance of the eating district along the border with Yurakucho. I will stay here again next time I am in the Ginza. A really great place with wonderful, friendly, considerate and helpful staff. Even by the exceptionally high standard set in Japanese hospitality the staff were great!
"Modern hotel, great location just don't take children."
01/22/16 Glenn P Sydney, Australia
The hotel is very modern and in a good location. The rooms are compact but I would not expect anything else in a big city. Wifi is patchy, which given we have just come from a hotel in the sticks of Myoko that had incredible internet I thought in a modern hotel and city it would be comparable, but it's free so I guess we definitely cannot complain. If you are on business then I would rate this 5 stars, it feels corporate, but if you have young children it's not ideal. Our daughter is 7 and when we went to go for an early evening drink we were promptly turned away from the hotel bar. We then asked about the restaurant, which after a chat with the manager, were advised we could have a drink in the restaurant on this "special occasion". However, just as we entered we were advised there would be a 500 yen cover charge per person. I reminded them we were staying at the hotel but was again told it didn't matter we still had to pay 500 yen cover charge each. I was flabbergasted, I was paying over $400 (Australian) a night and I could not buy a drink in my own hotel without paying 500 yen per person, surely not! Unfortunately, that was the case... I asked what other options were available and I was shown a map of the vending machines around the hotel where I could get a beer and drink it in my room. After further discussions at the reception we were shown a couple of external bars but they all had cover charges. I totally get you pay a cover charge if you are not a resident in the hotel but to have to pay as a paying guest for 1 drink in the hotel restaurant, I found it completely alien to me. It's a great hotel for business but there is nothing for young kids. It's modern, clean and in a good location. If I am on my own without kids I would stay here, but just so disappointed that as a guest I have to pay for the privilege to have a drink in the restaurant "on a special occasion" with my child.
"great hotel with amazing views"
01/21/16 kberr Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This is a spectacular hotel in Ginza. The front desk offered excellent service, our room was spacious enough, comfortable and had great views, and the lcoation was really convenient. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.