All hotels in Hiroshima, Japan

Room is all right
    Regular internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Clean but stuffy."
We were only in town for a night but the room was mostly fine for such a short stay. The heat was on full blast, though, and our room barely had a window, which made things extra stuffy in the morning. We didn't partake of the breakfast so can't comment on that. Clean! Convenient to any transportation and close to the river and Peace Museum.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2016
"Decent hotel in a great location in Hiroshima"
Typical small Japanese hotel room but very clean. Staff was very nice upon check-in. However there were a couple of things that made me not give a 5 star review. First, the room was very hot. They said upon check-in that the A/C would only blow warm air. I guess they have the A/C blow warm in the fall/winter and cool in the spring/summer - or something like that. I couldn't really understand the situation but the result was a very, very warm room. The windows open but there is a big sticker saying do not open except for emergencies. I did it anyway as I was boiling in the room and needed air. The other minor annoyance was they want you to turn in your key with the front desk when you leave. This would be fine except if you happen to return to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing and there happens to be a big rush in the lobby, you have to stand in line with everyone trying to check-in just to get your key and go to your room! This happened to me and I had to wait behind about 10 people checking in just to get my key.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
Alex
"Best location and very good staff"
After staying in the hotel for 4 days 3 nights, we realized that it has the best location. It's very convenient and accessible to take the streetcar (just cross the street and the street car stop is the the middle), walk to the shopping area or Hiroshima station. It's also walkable to different tourist attraction places like the castle, peace memorial and etc. Just take the streetcar all the way to the end and you end up in Miyajima pier. Take the ferry to Miyajima island. The room size is typical of Japanese hotels- small but with the price per night, it's well worth it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Rudy
"A good hotel at a good location."
I've stayed at this Chisun Hotel twice now and would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's a great hotel for a reasonable price in a great location. The first plus to staying at this Chisun Hotel is that you'll be close to a lot big tourist sites and there is a stop on the easy to use tram system right outside the hotel. The rooms are a little small, but they're actually pretty big for a business hotel. In the end, I can unequivocally say that they're clean and comfortable. I didn't need much stuff assistance on either of my stays, but they were very kind and helpful during check-in and check out. All in all, I had a good experience here and would recommend it to anyone visiting Hiroshima.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"More convenient than I thought!"
The location was terrific! We were about three blocks from the Peace Museum, the Hiroshima castle, several shopping areas, and even the airport limousine. There was even a convenience store immediately outside the hotel. The street car had a stop in front of it and we travelled to a hot spring bath on one end of the line and the beautiful Miyajima Island and ferry at the other end of the line. We had an action packed three day visit- even in the rain.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Perfect hotel and cheap price"
The hotel was really comfortable and modern. I had a great stay in the center of Hiroshima. I really liked staying there and I'll come back there if I'll be in Japan.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2015
Mauro
very clean and nice. Convenient to anywhere I wanted to go.
2 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Excellent location"
We found the location to be ideal for shopping and for access to the entertainment district (Nagarakawa). The breakfast was excellent and served in a pleasant dining room.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Ev
Regular place... Pretty cheap... The bathroom is tiny, but have everything you need
Other trip May 23, 2015
Sabino
"Nice Place to Leave"
The location of this hotel was really great-- we were right by the streetcar line, which put us in a prime location for various tourist destinations. The hotel room was on the small side, even for rooms in Japan (which are, at least in my experience, smaller than their western counterparts), but the staff was friendly and, again, the location was the biggest selling point.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Chisun Hotel"
Hotel is conveniently located close to a streetcar stop and walking distance to the Hiroshima train station. Room was clean and comfortable, staff very friendly and
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great central location, nice breakfast buffet"
Booked room with 2 twin beds - very happy with the room. Small bathroom, but not a problem - had everything that was needed. Free wifi in room worked fine. Good breakfast buffet available for additional cost (if not included with your booking). We arrived around 1pm - hotel staff weren't interested in seeing if our rooms were ready for us - then just told us check-in is at 3pm so we must wait until then. Central location - right by a tram station on the main road - only 4 stops from Hiroshima train station. Hotel is also a 15-minute walk to the A-bomb dome and Memorial Park. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is expensive.........but other restaurant options nearby, and a convenience store right next to hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Steve F
"Convenient location"
Amazing efficient clever use of space in the rooms.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
Wicksters
"Comfortable stay"
This place is pretty convenient to transportation and sightseeing. Many good restaurants to choose from nearby. Shopping is close by also
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
MommaZ

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

The room is too small
Family trip Apr 17, 2016
HOI SING
Perfectly situated between train station and museum and sights.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2016
"Pleasant stay in Hiroshima"
The hotel was perfectly situated between the station and the A-Bomb Dome. Both are in walking distance, though I recommend taking the tram outside the station (Trams 2 or 6). The cost at the time of writing was ¥160 per journey. The hotel was clean, tidy and pleasant. Chisun hotels are business hotels, and this should be your expectation when choosing to book one of their hotels. Overall, a very pleasant stay.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2016
Charlotte
Very convenient to station
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2016
ALLAN
"Neat, tidy, acceptable."
Good service, nice recommendation for where to go for a meal, unsolicited from the front desk staff. Happy to stay here again if in Hiroshima. Fridge was a bit noisy so unplugged it overnight.
2 night trip Mar 23, 2016
"Overall good but very small"
Well situated, clean and good service, provides washing machines and dryers to do your own laundry. Most of the main sights are nearby 10 to 15 minutes walk. Only downside was the room was really small for two people more suitable for a single. You could barely get two people and two pieces of luggage into the room, there was no cupboard space to leave anything in had to leave luggage with clothes in at the foot of the bed.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
The hotel is literally across from a tram stop on the major sightseeing line, so it was very convenient. There are many restaurants nearby, and lots of things to do in the area. The room was small compared to US sizes, but for a Japanese hotel, it was fine. Breakfast was better than the usual buffet fare. The selection of amenities was also superb. Two things I didn't like: incredibly thin walls, as I could hear my neighbor snoring, and the slight gap under the door, which let in light. Oh, and the hotel is a lot narrower than the photos make it look.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2015
"We had a great stay"
I was travelling with my adult daughter and I booked two single rooms. The rooms had everything that we needed, including excellent complimentary wifi and I thought quite spacious compared with some that I have been in in Japan. The rooms allocated were next door to each other which proved to be handy. The location is sort of midway between Hiroshima Station and the Peace Park. We found it an easy walk to Hiroshima Castle also. It was an excellent location for shopping and we had an great Okonomiyaki in a restaurant in the district across the road. Would definitely recommend for the budget conscious.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
"Very convenient location"
Nice hotel, a little small but is a business hotel after all, very helpful staff, and extremely well located.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Very convenient location and walking distance to plenty of cool spots! There's also a tram stop right outside that goes to Hiroshima station so if it's raining when you're leaving you don't have too far to go!
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
"Central in Hiroshima"
The hotel is really centrally located, so good for shopping and transit. Lots to do in the neighbourhood. Walking around this area I did not actually see many hotels, so very glad we booked this one!
3 night family trip May 3, 2015
Teresa
"Comfortable stay"
We had a pleasant experience at Chisun hotel. Rooms were clean, amenities were aplenty, and staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is right across from the tram stop too, which is convenient. We were able to walk from the hotel to most of the main tourist attractions - such as Hiroshima castle, the bomb dome and memorial park. There are also plenty of shops within walking distance from the hotel. And Wifi was fast, which is always a plus.
Other trip May 1, 2015
MOGO
"overall great"
good position. good staff. good breakfast. good room. I will tell all my friends about it.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
nic
"Perfect budget choice"
This was my second time at the Chisum in Hiroshima. For the money paid, I again found it an excellent choice, not least in terms of location. It is a 15 minute walk from the station via the underground walkway (exit 8) and then smooth, clean pavements. The hotel lobby is pleasant, with complimentary coffee available. The staff are calm and efficient. It was very important to me that I received the room I had requested, namely, a twin-bed, non-smoking room. That is precisely what I was allocated and I was delighted with it. Yes, space was a little tight, but even with two full-size suitcases we managed fine for four days. (Our room, 711, did suffer somewhat with condensation. Regrettably there is no ventilation at all.) The adjacent Family Mart convenience store was useful for snacks and drinks etc. Very friendly staff in there too. If/when I return to Hiroshima I will definitely choose the Chisun again.
4 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Carol-Anne
"Great stay at the Chisun Inn"
Staff were so friendly, the room was a little small but it was very clean and perfectly adequate for a weekend away. Loved the coffee machine in the foyer and the nice bathroom products available for guests to sample. The tram goes from right outside the hotel and it is really handy for everything. We had an awesome weekend!
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Carolyn
NZ
"Excellent value for $, perfect location"
a walk from any point of interest. Near the main attraction points.
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"Thumbs down - they call this a "non-smoking room"?"
I booked a non-smoking room and when I checked in the staff confirmed this. However, by the second night I was sick from cigarette smoke. The smoke odour had been perfectly disguised using the bottle of air freshener spray that was in the room, but air freshener does not make a room "non-smoking". The lingering chemicals made me sick and I couldn't wait to leave. I couldn't even open the window for some fresh air because it was for emergencies only. It's possible the bathroom fan (which the cleaning staff leave on) contributed to the problem. I've heard heating/cooling can also bring in bad air, so I preferred not to use it. Due to health concerns, I will never risk a Solare hotel in Japan again. The hotel is conveniently located, the rooms typically small but well equipped, the bathroom was wall-to-wall plastic so steamed up terribly when I had a shower or bath. No issue with free wifi (password is on the TV welcome screen). No issue storing my bag on check-out. Staff speak limited English. Pay TV/movies: Y1000.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Julia
"Great Price, Great Location"
The price was very reasonable, the room was very nice and the staff were friendly. Right across the street from a streetcar station, which can take you to most tourist attractions in the city.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Q
"Good location! Will stay here again"
I love that it is so near the Hiroshima station. The street car station is just in front of the hotel. Room is small - but completely normal for Japan. You can even walk to the Peace Park, the Hiroshima castle & Art Museums. I love that a minimart is right next to the hotel & shopping centres are just a short walk away & so is the Hirodean Shopping Street. Will definately stay here again
2 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2014
Hasliza
SG
"Great location but very stuffy room"
Great location but the room was very stuffy room thus making it hard to sleep. I wouldn't stuff here again as I didn't get any rest.
2 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
Flowies
"Poor but ok for one night"
Very poor level hotel but only one night during a business trip can be acceptable. Pretty high price for this level.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
Noham
"Good location as tram stop opposite"
Booked a king size room which was lovely & comfortable, definitely a must for the small extra cost compared to double/semi doubles, which are small rooms. Staff were friendly but limited English. Good location for seeing most visitor attractions, as easy access to tram
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
karen
"Short stay in Hiroshima"
Tram stops outside the hotel which goes directly in either direction to the the station or the main Peace Park. Hotel staff very helpful. Room on the small side but not too much of a problem it was ok for our two night stay.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
G
My stay was excellent. It is a comfortable business hotel located right at the centre of Hiroshima city, walking distance to A-Bomb site, Hiroshima castle and Shukkei Garden as well as to the shopping areas such as Hondori arcade and all major department stores. We can take a tram in front of the hotel straight to Myajima ferry pier. the location couldn't be better and hotel staff were very helpful.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Clean but small room near train"
We stayed for one night for our Hiroshima visit. The hotel is conveniently located near a tram stop and next to a convenience store. Very quiet and good for the price paid. The beds were excellent. The pillows however are too thick. The wired internet was very reliable but there is no WiFi. Note that the room itself is very small (we had a twin room) and the desk only has space for one. Recommended.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
Alex
"Great location but noisy room"
Great location half way between the station and the peace park. Free tea/coffee in the lobby 24hrs. The room was very small and the beds not particularly comfortable. Just one small, hard pillow. It was hot while were were there and the air-con was noisy and inefficient. I dont know if it was just our room but when the room next door had a shower it sounded like there was a waterfall in our room. The soundproofing was generally poor, enough to keep us from from sleeping. If I went to Hiroshima again, I would pay more and stay elsewhere.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
CJBT
"Nice basic hotel in a good location"
This was our first real hotel in Japan, and as expected, the room was a little bit small, but everything was in good condition and it did the job. Walking south from the hotel ends you up in a very interesting nightlife area, and it's a short walk to get to the main tourist attractions. There is a streetcar stop right out front which will take you to the main train station or save you the short walk over to the tourist attractions if you prefer.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
"Small and confortable hotel"
It is a budget hotel but no complaints Nice service even got FREE wifi in the room (need to ask NICELY for the router at the front desk) Close to the shopping mall Close enough to the Dome, the museum And the train station Clean and modern Restaurants in the building
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
NO English TV channels and NO wifi.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
"Good, reasonably priced hotel close to city centre"
Excellent stay. Can walk to many spots / shopping / eating / convienences.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Gautam
"Good location, Good service."
This is a fantastic hotel to stay at. Very good value for money. The only downside was that there were smoking rooms in the hotel and when we turned the air-conditioning on it made the room smell. This happened in every hotel we stayed at though (6 different hotels). I believe it is unavoidable so it's best to just leave your air-conditioning off if smoking smells bother you.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Jenny
We only stayed for one night but the hotel was great and staff were delightful. It was super convenient being across the road from the Tram station and two stops from Hiroshima station. Only a few stops or twenty mins walk from the Peace park and also the night shopping district. We would have loved to stay in Hiroshima an extra night as it was a really relaxed fun city and we would have loved to stay at this hotel for that extra night
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Good Overnight Stay"
The hotel is very central, we could walk to the Peace Park and to other key locations. The staff were helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable but very small. This was okay for one night for us, but would have been difficult to manage for a longer stay.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Hannah
"Close to Tram"
Right in front of a tram station and within walking distance to the Peace Park the hotel was ideally placed for our needs. The restaurant was not open for dinner during our stay but with a variety of options in the area it wasn't a problem.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great location in delightful Hiroshima"
The Chisun proved to be the perfect combination of good value, cleanliness and convenient location for our visit.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Would not stay here again"
We arrived here after being in Tokyo and Kyoto and I was totally disappointed by this hotel The staff were very unfriendly and they don't provide wifi at all - they couldn't even advise where we could get wifi, the reception staff were not keen to help their guests Would not recommend this hotel at all The bathroom was super tiny!
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014