All hotels in Chincoteague, Virginia, United States of America
6273 Maddox Blvd, Chincoteague, VA, 23336, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Inconsistent"
We have been here a few times now. This hotel is not a fancy hotel and you get what you pay for, however, the rooms are very inconsistent. Some smell like mildew, some of the rooms have issues with the bathrooms (holes in the walls, lazy painting job, looking like dirty, but just because it's old). Some of the rooms are perfect and great. It is truly a hit or miss. We stay here because it is one of the only hotels on the island that allows pets and it's in a great location. We will most likely return, but wish the rooms would all be updated and kept clean.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Nice Hotel w/ pool, Close to everything!"
We booked online less than two weeks before our trip & got a suitable room for my wife, daughter & I. My daughter loved the pool & swam every day! It was less than 10 minutes to the beach! Great restaurants, Mini Golf, & family activities available!
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Run down"
Walls were dirty, headboards were dirty, rug was stained. Ceiling was cracked and plastered horribly. Floor was slanted, bathroom door couldn't open or close correctly, amenities were old. Trash bins/dumpsters over flowing everywhere. Ice machine broken. I could go on and on. Thankfully we were only staying one night. Don't believe pictures shown looks nothing like them. I'm not a picky person and this hotel served our purpose but I chose it based on the reviews/photos I read on Expedia and was very disappointed on how very run down this hotel was.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Overnight stay"
This was a stop-over on our way home and looked like a nice place, easy to find. The reception service was excellent in all respects. They were very helpful with restaurant information. The room was clean and comfortable. Rodeway is in a good location for driving to dinner and walks to some stores. It was too bad we didn't get to use the pool due to lack of time.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
The hotel was right on the main street and really well placed, finding it was a breeze.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Will not revist this hotel"
I requested a first floor room since my wife & I are in our 60s but the hotel clerk would not provide us the first floor although check-ins after us were provided with first floor rooms. I do not intend to return to this establishment since my simple request was never given any consideration and I had to tote luggage up to the second floor. As a disabled veteran I was somewhat upset due to pain from carrying luggage up stairs.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"Decent place to sleep."
It was a decent hotel. The only thing that I can think of that would make it indece isthe beds were small. Like twin sized An And, it was a little further from the beach than I thought. It was about a mile. But its on Main Stre, it was a little further from the beach than I thought. It was about a mile. But it's on Main Street, and is kind of convenient
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
The refrigerator did not work, the TV did not work for cable use, the sheets seem to be very sticky but I think this Might be how hotel sheets are . We liked being able to take our dog there; that was the best part . we would recommend this to people with dogs.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
ps
"Pros and Cons"
Cons: We couldn't check-in at 3 pm. We were told that our room wasn't cleaned yet because of a large number of check-outs. We had to wait less than an hour. The room was clean, but the sink drain was slow, and the door had a broken security latch. TV was a CRT. Pros: There was an old pony corralled in the back - a perk for kids to see. Also, there was a picnic table and garden in the back. Hotel is next to the Island Creamery for those who love ice cream. Great location in the middle of everything.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Alan
"Will never ever stay again"
Room was horrible! It smelled and was disgusting!!!!!!!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
denise
"Horrible hospitality"
The hotel staff was incredibly unhelpful. They could not even bother to answer my phone call. I tried to call askig about check in 1 hour before I arrived. They put me on hold, took my phone number and then didn't call me back for 2.5 hours after I already arrived. Due to this lack of hospitality I missed the one day I had at the beach with my family because I could not make arrangements for my dog prior to arriving at the hotel. The room had bugs, cobwebs, burnt out lightbulbs, a broken seal on the fridge, no remote control, and the TV was fuzzy. When I addressed these issues with the front desk they did nothing about it. I would never go back to this hotel!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Normal"
Room was somewhat "musty" and a lot of flys/nats in the room. The price was right
3 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"It's a good place to stay!"
This was our second stay at the Rodeway Inn and we will definitely return again. It's a simple, no-frills, affordable place to stay. This time we were near the back and right across from the horse stable (they have 1 horse on the property). It was no problem and we could see Lightning, the horse, from our window which was kind of cool! The hotel is within walking distance of several beach stores, the pharmacy, Steamers Restaurant and 2 ice cream places. The pool was nice and breakfast was good (hot waffles!). Our only small complaint was a bad smell in the bathroom but we turned on the exhaust fan and that helped. The front desk staff were all kind and helpful! Definitely recommended!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Cynthia
"The stay was nice. I like how it close to beach"
The experience was awesome. My child liked the horse Lightning. We liked grill area with the beautiful nature too. I liked the breakfast too.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Bayanjargal
The hotel and staff were fine. The hotel was dog friendly but the rest of the island was not. People should be warned not to bring dogs to Chincoteague.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
sarah
"Great stay. Would recommend."
I stayed one night here (just passing through) in a non-smoking room. As I've come to learn, my experience was far better than the online reviews suggested. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. The wifi connection was plenty fast for general browsing and map planning purposes, don't need it for much else on a trip. It's in close walking distance to a couple good places to eat, seafood and burgers. The only negatives I had (not enough to knock a point off): the hot water was slow to come on in the shower. It was just ambient enough to start showering comfortably, after about 5 minutes it was actually hot. So it's there, just give it a chance to work through the pipes. The second item is I was directly across from the ice machine and other patrons using it kept jostling me awake until about 1-2 AM. You'll find that any place though. Overall I would stay here again and recommend it.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
"Thur-Monday 6/18-22"
great place to stay; central to everything on the island. reasonable price; great/helpful staff-especially Janet for having peroxide behind the front desk!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Dori
The hotel definitely needs to be upgraded. The walls were dirty and the room was very out dated.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"June 2015 4 night stay Thursday-Sunday"
room was clean and quiet. Great place to stay for a reasonable price for a non-kitchenette type room. clean pool, friendly staff, cute pony and back area bbq space
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Dori
"There's a reason why this is among cheaper motels"
Staff very nice BUT...(CONS) 1. bathroom needs hooks to hang clothes, maybe shelf or small counter to put things. 2. No privacy to change clothes. As mentioned, no hooks in bathroom, so need to dress in sink area...which is plainly seen if front door is opened! 3. Hard beds, lumpy pillows. 4. Refrigerator froze milk, drinks, etc. OR melted ice cream and didn't keep leftovers cool enough. Settings simply not working. 5. Toilets very low and too full of water. (you'll see what I mean when you wipe!) (PROS) 1. Very nice staff 2. Good pool area with 2 gazebo 3. Reasonably clean IF you don't look behind beds and night stands. 4. Allowed pets BUT not on beach Maybe the suites are (hopefully) nicer. This was alright if you just need a place to crash at night. Personally, we wouldn't come back here
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Lyndy
We found it a comfortable place to stay on the way to the outer banks.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Nice pet friendly hotel"
This hotel was quiet and clean and a good place to bring a dog
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Victoria P.
"A good value walking distance to GREAT ice cream.."
My wife, baby and I stayed here for the second time last weekend. We like this place because it is well located, a good value, and has character! When I say character I mean the upstairs rooms have vaulted ceilings and exposed log-cabin like support beams - request one of these rooms - they are really funky. The hotel is modest, the rooms large, the staff helpful the beach a short drive away, the ice cream 30 yards west - what more do you need?
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Bryan
"Good location."
It was pleasant, the weather was not that great but had some fun with my family. The hotel staffs were friendly. Overall it was good.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Sekhar
"Older hotel with a super friendly staff."
A comfortable stay. It's an older hotel, so expect the quirks. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the shower gave plenty of hot water, and the pool was warm. There's some parking issues, with a little patience you'll find a spot. The reception was clean, the free breakfast was tasty, and the hotel staff person was informative and friendly. Can't beat the location -- so close to the Wildlife Refuge!
1 night trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice hotel - friendly staff"
Cute hotel which worked fine for an overnights stay. Key card didn't work the first time, front desk happily fixed. The room was a good size, but had a stale smell - common to residences along the waterfront - so I bought a can of air freshener to handle that. I had to also buy something to wipe off the control panel and top of the microwave oven as it was sticky with gunk. The sink also needed a good cleaning. Breakfast was good, but my english muffin was literally frozen and I had no way to cut it with a plastic knife. A fine stay, but more attention to details needed at this hotel. Many eateries within walking distance.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"great choice when on a budget and great location!"
this is the 2nd time I stayed here (2nd trip to Chincoteague), and the price is excellent for such a great location. Room is nothing fancy but clean and comfy.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
SOPHIA
"Good location and pet friendly"
We picked this hotel because it was friendly. There was a lot of humidity in the room and it smelled like mold. It could be better maintained like the grout in the bathroom-it needs to be replaced.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Saphiro
"nice stay"
Everything was great. They even had the pool open already
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Erica
"Bad service, dumpy hotel,"
Got the worst room possible as it was Hotels .com reservation--in front of ice machine and only view was ice machine and next door was maid service room--strated banding and talking at 8:00. Was told all other rooms sold out, But could upgrade me for a fee--BUT all rooms on my floor were not occupied. Hallways and steps were dirty--smelled moldy--trash under stair case--that you could see. Will never stay here again.
1 night trip May 8, 2015
Pat
"Noisy!"
The people next door had their TV on all night. Finally called front desk and they intervened at 3:40am. A plus was that we were offered an upgraded room the next day with better soundproofing.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Clean and Comfortable"
For the price, we had no complaints about the great quality of the service! The front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating to let us check in early since our room was ready and happily gave us a port-a-crib for our son when we asked. The rooms were dated and the fixtures were in need of some tlc but it was a clean and comfortable room. We didn't get a chance to have the breakfast because the cafe area is tiny and there was no room for my husband, myself and our two toddlers to sit since all 5 or 6 tables were full so we had to stop somewhere else for breakfast but otherwise it was a comfortable stay for the price.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Domonic
"Close to everything"
Neat and tidy; and reasonably priced. Comfortable.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Big Cheese
"Fun with friends"
Hotel staff were great............
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Very affordable,clean and,comfortable.Due to off season,not too much to do but,food was great and scenery was fabulous!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ray
Hotel staff were very friendly. Room was clean and as expected. Good coffee always available in the lobby!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Craig
"Cute, updated, and Dog friendly"
Great off season stay. The room was much cleanlier and nicer than expected for "dog friendly" It was a nice place for being so cheap. Would DEF stay again. Breakfast was slim. Staff was nice.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great little quiet place"
The staff was wonderful, thorough and fast. The room was clean and well maintained. The outside was very appealing. This was the nicest Rodeway Inn I have ever seen.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Cynni
"Enjoyed our stay"
The hotel is an older hotel so it is not perfect and if you are looking for a spotless, no flaw hotel this may not be the place for you. If you are satisfied with less frills this place is for you. It was clean, dry and the beds were comfortable. The price was also good. Additionally, we found the hotel personnel pleasant to work with and helpful all around. We would stay again.
3 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
"Worth A Look"
The staff was so helpful and pleasant we stayed in other places for more money and never got the friendliness like here. The breakfast was nice. And we had 2 dogs with us and they enjoyed it too!!
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Play "Misty" For Me!"
Chincoteague is a lovely little old-fashioned resort island just due east of Virginia's bustling Rt. 13 corridor. Easy to get to and overall very affordable, the island (and neighboring wildlife preserve Assateague) is chock-full of history, beaches, ponies, and fun activities for the whole family. A pure joy to visit no matter where you stay. If you're on a tight budget and not particularly concerned about staying on the beach, this clean, comfortable, affordable motor lodge sits right smack-dab at the island's center and serves the perfect little spot to set down your bags while you explore the beautiful surroundings. It's nothing fancy, but who needs fancy? Within walking distance lie plenty of excellent restaurants, salons, shops, cafes, ice cream parlors, and even a pharmacy (you will need sunglasses, sunblock, bug spray, and a brand new hardback copy of Marguerite Henry's 1947 classic, "Misty Of Chincoteague"). Everything else is within a short drive, bike/moped ride, or 25-cent trolley shuttle. Relax at the pool out front, then visit Lightning The Pony out back. Or vice-versa. Grab a hot cup of coffee and a make-your-own waffle at the complimentary breakfast bar. Or skip the breakfast bar entirely and head over Bill's on Main St. for a crabmeat omelet. Whatever you feel like doing, this Rodeway Inn serves as a great home base while exploring the beauty of Chincoteague Island. Don't delay, book your Eastern Shore getaway today!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Roadway Inn"
This is an old facility (probably 1980's) and looks a little tired. The TV in our room was probably 10 to 15 years old. However, the room was clean and reasonably comfortable. Maintenance seemed okay. Security was good.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Blalir Dehuff
"Not up to par"
First of all, the location is great, you can walk downtown and to some other places to shop and eat. The room was big but there was no chair to relax in. We had a microwave and a refrigerator. The bed was okay, the pool was very nice. I had no problems with the wifi like some people have reported. The hotel needs some maintenance and some updating. I guess the breakfast was okay, but I get tired of the same old same old. We brought our own food and we ate 3 breakfasts out. There are no elevators, so if you have problems with steps, get a room on the first floor. We had a room on the second floor and it was all wood, ceilings, walls, big beams. It was rustic, but several little things needed attention. In general it wasn't that bad, but we will stay somewhere else next year.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Aunt Mimi
Close drive to the park and beach to see the ponies
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
lp
"Very Friendly staff"
This was the hotel my family stayed at when we were kids. Thirty years later it was great to go back. Hotel staff was very friendly, accommodating and efficient. Room was in a great spot and was very nice.
2 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
"Good location, just not what we had hoped for"
The hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants, shops and you can walk downtown. The hotel needs some maintenance, several little things such as loose toilet seat, paint. The room was very big, but no chair other than the 2 at table. The bed was ok, the tub was nice. Don't take a second floor room unless you don't mind a lot of stairs. Saw a few bugs flying, a couple of tiny ants and mouse traps behind furniture. Door alarm, several times, wouldn't shut off, had to redo locking door. One time there was no water and you couldn't use toilet. They let us shower in another unit, but still couldn't use toilet. They did get the water back on around 7pm. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast, only ate there once during the week. We won't be coming back.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Aunt Mimi
We were put in a room on the first floor on the one side and the room was cleaned but had a moldy smell that was really bad. We asked for another room and they put us upstairs and it was better.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Not up to par"
The price wasn't bad, so we booked this place. It was not what we are used to, but then again, it wasn't as expensive. The location is great, you can walk to quite a few things on Chincoteague. The pool was pretty good. The room was rustic, wood walls, ceilings, big beams which seemed nice, but the whole place needs some updating and some maintenance. One of the big disappointments was that there was no chair in the room other than the 2 chairs at the table. It was a very large room and I don't understand why they didn't have a chair in it. It did have a microwave & refrigerator and the bed was just okay. The free breakfast was a little less than standard. I only ate there one time (waffle) and either ate my stuff or went out for breakfast. One time we came back from the beach (sandy) and the water was off. You couldn't use the shower or the toilet. They did let us shower in another unit that wasn't very nice, but you still couldn't use the toilet. I left a note that the toilet seat was loose, but no one fixed it. There was 1 or 2 little flying bugs and I saw some tiny ants on the outlet near the sink. It wasn't the worst place I've stayed at, but we won't be staying here again.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Good Stay"
Hotel is a bit older but that's the only con aside from super loud flush of the toilet. The location is great, service is good with friendly staff, rooms are clean and comfy. The pony (lightning) is pretty great! He's friendly and a bit on the fat side (guess from everyone that stays there feeding him). For the price - I have no complaints and will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Vera
"Nice hotel at the beach"
The hotel staff was very friendly. The maid came each day to clean the room.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014