All hotels in Chincoteague, Virginia, United States of America
6273 Maddox Blvd, Chincoteague, VA, 23336, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient"
Our stay was great! The hotel tried to help with noisy neighbors...they had seven people in that room! The staff was very considerate and asked if we'd like to move to another room but they only had a second floor and two of the four of us could not do stairs. The complimentary breakfast was very good including make-yourself waffles. The pool was pristine and towels were provided in an outdoor cabinet. We would stay there again.
4 night trip Jul 28, 2014
J. Purdin
"Not fancy but just fine"
The Rodeway is by no means fancy but it was fine for a quick family getaway. The pool is actually quite nice and the location, right next to all you can eat crabs at Steamers and fantastic ice cream the Island Creamery, is good.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Room was full of flies. Hotel is old and needs updating. Good location but too many flies for us.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Family oriented location"
The hotel was good for our needs. It was the only one around that allowed pets so we were very pleased.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Affordable option"
The Rodeway Inn doesn't have the best view or the most up to date facilities, but it is clean, affordable and everything in the room worked. I was particularly grateful for the honesty of their employees. Upon arriving, someone was there picking up the cell phone they had forgotten. Sure enough, I ended up leaving my cell phone there too and my husband was called before we had even left the island. The motel is conveniently located in the middle of everything, so what it lacks in view, it makes up for in convenience. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
Trisha
"Easy to get to everything"
This was a short weekend stay for us in Chincoteague, and this hotel was exactly what we needed. It had great amentities, a pool, a pony (!), and was within close driving distance of nearly everything, and was totally walkable to Main Street and right on a major boulevard; without being too loud.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Would never stay here again!!!"
This hotel truly did not live up to the rating and we were very disappointed. We had hairs in hour ice bucket and on top of the ice bucket. We had two rooms and my daughter was woken up at 2am in the morning with someone trying to get into her room. The person trying to get in had been given a key and was trying to enter the room. Several minutes later she received a call from the front desk, asking her why she was in the room. She explained that she did not check herself in and that she also did not program her own key. They were not so apologetic at 2am. We had a tour to see the ponies in the morning which we went on and then came back to the room and left the hotel. WE did not even stay for the 2nd night. However two days later I received a message from the hotel to explain the error. I guess they realized we did not stay the 2nd night although I had paid in advance. After driving around, we saw other much nicer places to stay and I would recommend checking out other options before booking this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
sharon
"Bonus: pony in the backyard"
Good budget-motel that has a restaurant in its backyard. Slept very well and hotel staff was friendly.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"selected as it was "pet-friendly" & centrally loca"
Very nice, clean & friendly hotel, accommodating to our needs but room was small w/no privacy area for dressing - particularly after use of shower as it was too humid to dress comfortably in this area.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
Jane
Very happy with the value. Room 208 could used at least real chair.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Good to stay"
It was good over all but the room's condition is not super good as I expected.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
LY
"Good location."
Easy to find. Smack-dab in the middle of town. Close to everything. Safe surroundings. Nice swimming pool is a plus. A decent hotel for the price.
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
"Bugs in room"
Room was full of flies (which means 4 or 5, but to me, even 1 is too many). Yuck. Otherwise fairly clean ... staff was helpful, breakfast was decent and included fresh fruit, and the location is good ... right next to ice cream!
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
LLC
"OK for a night"
The room looked clean but it had a strong smell of humidity and dust. Made it difficult to sleep thru the night. On the other hand, there were only a few rooms available through out Chincoteague for the 4th of July weekend. So, I'm glad I booked a night at this hotel. We spent the whole day at the beach anyway. Hotel staff were friendly.
Ross
"Overall...Very satisfied."
Rodeway Inn was right on the main drag. Outstanding, large, outdoor pool. We were allowed to keep our little dog in the room with us (first trip for dog). Very nice 7-10AM breakfast. Ample parking. Would stay here again, for sure.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Excellent location, loud noise"
Every time we used the toilet, insane noise followed and lasted for a few minutes. Unlike other reviews here, I didn't find the hotel staff particularly friendly.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Ok Stay in Chincoteague"
This is an older well used and somewhat tired hotel on the main road to the Assateague Island beaches. Inexpensive hotels are hard to find in Chincoteague and the few up to date hotels are double the price. So, you get what you pay for. It is well located a few minutes from the beach, close to downtown and restaurants. The breakfast is not much, the coffee was not good so go a couple of blocks east to McD's. It has a nice large out door pool with lounges and two shaded gazebo. It was minimalistic but clean and convenient. Can't expect much more for the price.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Frequent Traveler
"motel is motel"
not bad. location is good. the exciting thing is the pony inside of the property.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
The Rodeway Inn was an affordable, clean, and friendly choice for my overnight stay on the Chincoteague Island. The staff was very kind and ready to help with anything. My only complaint is that I don't think that the pony, corralled out back of the Inn, is very happy in such a small area. Showcasing a touristy element of the Island isn't cute when it involves animal cruelty. This pony should be in a large field, not confined to a small corral, in-between hotel parking lots. Not cool.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
will stay again-very convenient to downtown and was on main street to Assateague-kids liked the resident pony and the breakfasts
5 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Rebecca K
"Excellent place to stay!"
The staff were extremely helpful and nice. Service was exceptional an and rooms were clean. We needed a roll away bed but they were out do be sure to reserve in advance because they have a limited amount. Overall it was a pleasant stay!
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"EXCELLENT"
GREAT PLACE TO STAY PEAXEFUL AND QUIET GREAT STAFF GOOD CONT. BREAKFAST
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great upgrade"
We took their best rooms and it was wonderful and spacious!
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
Don
"Poor quality hotel; friendly people"
The bathroom was disgusting. No toilet lid; mildew and mold on shower curtain; water stream weak. I hate carpet in a hotel room - imagine what that holds in it? Very expensive for quality. Breakfast was minimally pleasing.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Great Location!"
Very good room, reasonable price, convenient location!
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Most excellent breakfast"
Our stay was most wonderful, The staff and room and the belgian waffles were awesome, I was not expecting to make my own waffles in the morning. The room was comfortable the only thing I would change are the pillows for something softer if possible, but one detail out of a great place to stay.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"good location"
friendly atmosphere and relaxing, clean rooms with essential room amenities. ex microwave, refrigerator, cable.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
weekend visitor
"Great service"
The hotel is very conveniently located near the refuge and within walking distance of excellent ice cream! The place is a little aged and dated but the room was clean and the staff was excellent. Everyone there was friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Quaint, clean and quiet"
My stay was one of many at this hotel and it was very nice as usual. The staff is pleasant and makes sure everything is as it should be. I will stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
JerseyGirl6479
"Perfect Maddox location"
This was our first trip to Chicoteague, and we could not be happier with our hotel choice. It's right on the main drag to the beach, next to restaurants, ice cream, ABC store, and a pharmacy. The room was very clean, the whole property was immaculate. There is a screened in banquet room with a grill, a well maintained pool, and a Chincoteague pony named Lightening on the grounds. Multiple waffle irons at the free breakfast, as well as hard boiled eggs, fruit, a range of pastries, cereal. We would stay here again without hesitation!
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
Meg K.
Shower had no working hot water at all and was uncomfortable. Upon arrival at 5:30 PM in early June, the room was so hot that we had to leave it since there had been no AC all day. Breakfast was below average (poor choice of cereals, no granola, no unsweetened oatmeal, no skim milk, no yogurt, mediocre pastries).
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"You get what you pay for:("
Lovely lady checked us in, but that was the highlight of the stay. Shower didn't work. We called the front desk and they assured us someone would be right up. Nope, had to call back. Interesting guy showed up...smoking outside our room, came in drinking. Mumbled something about having to order a part but only got the shower to work for one of us to use it. Long story short...spend a little money for a more pleasurable experience!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Madison
"Quite surprised"
Excellent internet connection, able to get some work done effectively. Bed was comfortable. Vac was just ok, corners kind of left behind. Air conditioner was running very well. Desk clerk at our check in was very nice, accomodating. Continental breakfast was good, area clean, great coffee.The only issue we had was there was no lid on the toilet bowl and no where to put your belongings when showering. Putting them on the floor was not an option. Balancing my dob kit and clothes on top of the toilet tank was problematic. I had a shampoo bottle fall into the toilet and sadly..yes, I had to reach in and out it went. That is the only issue with the stay-the toilet. We would definetly stay again when back in the area.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2014
The hotel has a great location within walking distance to restaurants, ice cream shops, scooter rentals and amusement (Funland, Surfside Minigolf).It is also safe to walk at night around the area. My son enjoyed the swimming pool that although small and located at the hotel entrance,it is very clean. The room was comfortable and not noisy at all. It was very convenient that they accepted dogs for a small fee (something that is getting harder to get at the big hotel branches). This was the main reason why we booked this hotel in the first place. Breakfast was limited in offers but acceptable. If they could include some yogurt or some meats (bacon or sausage) it will tremendously improve the appeal. Overall very pleased with our stay
Other trip May 27, 2014
Alex
"Girls weekend"
We stayed here the first night in chincoteague. It was close enough to walk to food and the island creamery(the best ice cream). The bathroom was falling apart a little. Broken tiles, chipped bathtub and there was a few spiders. Over all it was a good stay and if needed I would stay again but my second hotel was right on the water and just too hard not to book that one again.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Kirsten
Room was rather damp and musty. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
"Clean and friendly"
This hotel was clean and the staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. Couple this with the perfect location and the fact that they are pet friendly and you have a winner. We where minutes from the lighthouse, nature reserve and beach. The rugs where a little old out dated but clean. I would go back in a minute.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Great service"
Stayed here for 5 days while in the area for business. Rate was good, but what stands out is the staff- extremely friendly and courtious. I stayed at another much more expensive hotel for two days during this trip and preferred this location.
4 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
Phillip
"Perfect low cost alternative."
The room was clean and well-maintained; the staff friendly; and the price tremendous. Just a 5 minute drive to downtown or to the National Wildlife Reserve. For the price, this can't be beat.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2014
"Great for the Price and Pet Friendly!"
Each year in February we head to the Eastern Shore to see friends and for the past four years we stay at the Rodeway Inn. The staff are friendly, helpful, and competent. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The key for us is we have a small pet that we like to take with us. Of course there is a pet surcharge - but considering what it would cost to have our pet in a kennel, it's worth it!
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
ARS
This was definitely the best budget room I have ever stayed in. The room was very clean and comfortable, and very tastefully decorated, with a cheery paint scheme. The desk staff was very pleasant and provided me with informative and valuable information. And the waffles provided at the continental breakfast was a nice addition to most budget hotel free breakfasts.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2014
Jackie
"Great value"
Great deal. Low price, clean rooms, friendly staff. Will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 13, 2013
"FIne stay!"
The room was clean and the staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was good with waffles, hard boiled eggs, bananas, apples, fruit juices, coffee, cereal, pastries and English muffins. A very nice stay!
2 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2013
"Pretty good, no complaints"
pretty good for the price. "rustic" décor but was fine.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Janet
"Hotel was just fine."
The Rodeway was an older hotel but very clean. The check-in person was very friendly. Breakfast was good. I'd stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2013
Patti
"Good Location"
Stayed 2 days in Mid Sept. Staff friendly and helpful. Liked the Chincoteague Pony housed there, kind old gelding. Breakfast was common-well stocked. Rooms clean. Fridge and microwave-didn't use.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Lori
"Decent location"
Hotel is in a good area- near restaurants & easy drive to Daisey's Dock where we took an excellent boat tour. Hotel is pet friendly & a decent deal for the money. Good housekeeping & breakfast staff but unfriendly check in clerk.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
Dog lover
"Excellent location"
Wonderful staff helped with luggage and were very personable. Will stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
"nice hotel, great service"
My family visited Chincoteague island to celebrate my son's birthday. I had mentioned to Harry about this during the reservation. Upon arrival, my 12 year old was very pleased to see the hotel sign board with greetings for him as well as the balloons and chocolates that awaited him in the room! Our stay was nice and the staff was courteous. We enjoyed the clean room, pool and the pony too!
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Asha
"Great budget friendly option"
Just perfect for a weekend getaway. The pool was awesome and the free breakfast was just right to get the day started.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013