All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here235 Louis Campau Promenade Nw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

4.9
"Awesome!"
Awesome!
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Excellent!"
Our stay was fabulous! Staff was great! The breakfast buffet was out of this world. Loved the Sky walks connected to Grand am way. Was there for a conference and the conference was at the Grand Am Way Hotel. Never had to walk outside. Rooms were outstanding! Clean and modern. Lots of room!
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"I'd stay again!"
Very nice atmosphere.
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Cindi
"downtown Grand Rapids motels"
stayed for a concert at Van Andel- great stay with everything at your doorstep. hotel is exceptionally nice. Price seems a bit overpriced however. I have stayed in carribean resorts cheaper than this
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"favorite spot in Grand Rapids"
I come to Grand Rapids approximately twice each year for business, and this is a perfect "go to" spot for road warriors. In addition to being clean and comfortable, there is a small but nice gym, a starbucks downstairs, and a good central location.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Perfect location, close to everything in downtown Grand Rapids and close to freeway. The only gripe is we left dirty towels on the floor to be taken and replaced with clean towels by housekeeping and they took dirty towels and hung them up and didn't give us any clean towels.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Dana
"Great overnight stay"
Great stay! Very professional staff!
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"A great couples getaway"
Wonderful service. Clean, comfortable and spa like retreat. A great couples getaway. The six burger was one of the best! Loved the Windmill Cookie Craft Cocktail in the lounge.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Kimberly
"beautiful"
Great city.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Grand Rapids Gem"
Great hotel and location for convention center events! Courteous service, clean, comfortable and well furnished and finished rooms. Restaurant & bar were excellent!
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Gerald
Wonderful place, close to Van Andel. We were in town for the Fleetwood Mac concert. Downtown area is great We had Spa appts the next morning at your facility, which was fantastic!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Mother/Daughter Getaway"
My daughter and I stayed at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids this weekend. We splurged on the nicest hotel in the area for a one night getaway. We had a blast! The pool is gorgeous and so are the rooms. We stayed on the 11th floor, and had a tiny glimpse of the ice rink at Rosa Parks Circle. We loved being able to walk to everything and it was good that we parked in the hotel parking garage for easy accessibility to our car.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Tonya
"In town for Music festival"
I have stayed at this hotel three times and I am always impressed with how clean and comfortable the rooms are here. I would come back again. Love the bath products too.
1 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
Okay hotel, a little overpriced. But overall it was okay. The rooms are kind of small and for the amount of money you pay it would be nice to at least have a breakfast included.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Modern, excellent bathrooms (separate tub/shower)"
Our trip had a sad purpose, but this hotel made it easier. It was wonderful to come "home" to at the end of the day.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
mary
"Best in Town"
This hotel is best in all measures. Staff, room service, pool, location, vibe, and comfort of our room was the best we've experienced anywhere. Thanks JW Marriott and staff.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Mat
"Great Hotel but Poor Service"
I stay at JW Marriott frequently and generally love the hotel and the service they offer. However, this recent stay in Grand Rapids really has me reconsidering my future stays with JW Marriott. As always, the hotel and room was magnificent, and the bar was perfect. I booked two nights for New Year’s Eve, one night through Hotels.com and one through the Marriott website because New Year’s Eve night was not available. Upon arrival I let the front desk receptionist known of my types of reservations and she indicates she will combine the two reservations. Over the course of two days I have to explain this situation numerous times, after room keys were deactivated and housekeeping indicated the hotel stated we checked out. I understand this is minor, but the hotel made something so easy so very difficult and frustrating, especially considering the price of the rooms.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Adam
"I'd do it again"
I was here for a business trip and it was perfect. The restaurant downstairs was wonderful. I don't know what someone would do if it was for fun but it is a perfect spot for a business trip.
2 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great as always."
Recommend for all occasions... Art Prize, Holidays and business. In the heart of it all.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Clean and beautiful"
We had a great stay! Clean room, delicious food, and vet nice pool and steam room! We would not hesitate to recommend to a friend, or return again ourselves.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Not impressed"
Great staff but problems with the room Broken coffee pot, Broken TV, Broken vanity mirror, Broken ice machine. We were told we would get a comp breakfast for our trouble but it never materialized. Will not stay there again.
3 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
craig
"Nice hotel at convenient location"
I normally stay here for all business trips. The hotel is at a convenient location that one can practically walk to restaurants and shops. The hotel is very nice and clean. Staff is courteous and helpful.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Saturday night stay"
Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean and comfortable with a great view. We booked the breakfast package, so our parking and breakfast were free. We opted for the buffet at 616, and it did not disappoint. The chef cooked an impeccable omelette and the other choices were fresh and delicious. We hope to stay at the JW again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Perfect Night in Grand Rapids"
Ideal location with great views. Close to everything. Plush and comfortable. Very accommodating staff. While I did not try the restaurant, it looked great.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Kenneth Hundrieser
"Location"
Went to a concert at Van Andel Arena. Like the walk way that connects to major spots downtown. Very nice hotel, third stay. Close, $14 self parking a bonus. Good breakfast room service, nicely priced. Hotel room itself, a tad over priced.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
patty
"a nice treat!"
Stayed overnight while visiting family in the area. Room was very comfortable, food and service were great.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
karen
"Frist Class"
We wanted to visit a special place. The J.W. was first class all the way and close to the action downtown. Had a lovely time on the porch by the river. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The room-service breakfast meal was over the top--a very tasty meal.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Best place to stay in Grand Rapids"
This is by far the nicest hotel in Grand Rapids, MI. It's almost surprising that it there! The location is great to all Grand Rapids has to offer, which is getting better every year.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Retter
"Great hotel, great location, staff was excellent."
The hotel is well located, lots of restaurants and night life nearby, right on the river with a lovely view. Close to museums and cultural events center. The staff was very accomodating, the bar had nice ambiance and a good selection of wines by the glass.. We only ate one meal at the hotel but it was good for late night food.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Kris
Hotel was way to noise after 12:00. Children running up and down hallways. Intoxicated people loud in halls ways after 2:30am. Not somewhere I would stay again. I travel for pleasure 2 times a month to Grand Rapids.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Colleen d Cole
"Grand hotel on the Grand River"
The JW Marriott is a relatively new hotel: clean, beautiful, and close to downtown. It's an easy walk to Monroe Ave, where outdoor concerts are held, as well as many nice restaurants, the Public Museum, and the Gerald Ford Museum. You can sit outside next to the Grand River and have a drink while watching the sunset. Very beautiful! The valet parking is a little pricey but par for big city hotels. The staff is wonderful and we got great recommendations for things to do.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
RLG
"The BEST Hotel in Grand Rapids - No question!"
The JW has long been my favorite hotel in all of Michigan and especially in Grand Rapids. Very few hotels get a 5 out 5 in my book, but the JW does. Recently we stayed and they couldn't check us in for over an hour due to rooms being unavailable. For our inconvenience, they provided us access to the Concierge Lounge and upgraded our room to a suite for free (and covered our valet charge). This is the type of service you get at the JW. The hotel is remarkably clean, with no signs of wear, and the best customer service I have ever experienced.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Anthony
"Great getaway!"
What a beautiful hotel. My husband and three boys visited and truly enjoyed ourselves. I would like to return with just my husband as it is probably a hotel geared toward couples, more than a family. Although the boys truly enjoyed the pool and the day at the beach.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"what you would expect"
Our stay began with friendly, helpful staff eager to be of assistance. The rooms were clean with beautiful views of the city. No complaints.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Jared
"Beautiful hotel; horrible service"
My boyfriend and I decided to splurge and stay at the JW for 4 nights for my best friend's wedding. We were greeted at the front desk and checked in.The next day we stopped back at the front desk to get new keys because ours weren't working in the parking garage and they said my debit card didn't go through for their $210 incidental hold. I thought that was weird, so I checked my bank account and sure enough, they charged me AGAIN after I paid in full on hotels.com and the front desk agent didn't tell me she was charging my card when I gave it to her to check in. She also didn't tell me the card didn't go through. We aren't rich by any means, but we spent over $800 for 4 nights and I got charged another $800. At this point, the hotel had $1600 of my money and there was nothing they or my bank could do accroding to them to reverse the charge and get me my $800 back. So I was left with no money for our special weekend. The accounting person at the JW acknowledged it was their fault, but all the hotel did was send up champagne and chocolate cake. Yes, that was a nice gesture, but I had no money for the entire trip! I figured a hotel of that caliber would give us more than that. I didn't raise a huge stink about it, but the entire trip I was really upset and it was hard to enjoy our time there. So everyone BEWARE the hotel may charge you twice if you book from this site. I hope this doesn't happen to you.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Suzanne
"Contemporary hotel overlooking the river"
The room was lovely with a great view. the staff were all just wonderful and knocked themselves out to help with anything. There was really only one issue -the hotel is very open in design and there was a huge wedding over the weekend and the music could be heard even in our room. Also the wedding guests were partying all night and kept us awake roaming through the hallway talking loudly, quite obviously drunk. This went on all night until 4:00 in the morning. No sleep does not really make for a great vacation. The pool is pretty small for the size of the hotel and was filled with kids.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
MJ
"Great location in downtown GR"
Very nice hotel, close to restaurants and nightlife. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. My two only complaints: the wifi didn't work for me and calling the 800 number provided for help was fruitless, and there is no iPod/iPhone dock in the room. I feel like that should be pretty standard for a hotel nowadays for listening to music in the room. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel for visitors to Grand Rapids and stay there again if we were to ever return!
Kk
"Greatest Hotel"
Everything was wonderful , we did enjoy our stay in this comfortable hotel , and the restaurant meal was truly excellent !
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Agnes
"Family Visit"
Great location! Hotel is very well done in a modern decor. The beds are too firm for my taste but excellent just the same. Only downside was the valets putting the windows down and letting the bugs into the vehicle. Will stay again on our next visit.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Crystal
"Wished I could have stayed longer!"
The entire hotel was absolutely stunning! I had a 'city view'. Would have enjoyed a river view instead. I had a king size bed, very comfy. There was a chaise lounger in the room. I liked relaxing on that while I enjoyed my room service, watching TV. The staff were nice, professional, and courteous. I used the valet parking, which I thought was quite a deal. All I had to do was call down to the front desk 10 minutes or so before my departure, and voila! My car was waiting for me at the entrance. NICE!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Pauly
"Friendly staff and great hotel"
We checked in with Tabitha (I believe that was her name) just before 4 PM with no issues. She asked why we were staying and let her know we took an early weekend to celebrate both my girlfriends and my birthday. The room we got was on the 18th floor with a view of the river which was very nice. Extra clean towels were in the room, bed linens we clean and the floor and carpet were spotless. Tabitha had room service send up a snack tray that included both local wine and beer. Woke up the morning and had the breakfast buffet downstairs. The food was very good and included desserts and other items from across Michigan. Overall, this has been one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
"Couldn't be happier"
I planned a trip with friends to surprise my husband for his birthday! We really enjoyed the hotel and the location. We were able to walk to dinner, the bars, and late night food! We would most definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2014
K.Silvers
"Made Me Feel Fancy!!"
Our stay at the JW Marriott was wonderful! All of the staff were always so attentive, pleasant and willing to answer any questions that you have. The hotel was very clean, smelled wonderful and was quiet in our area even though we were close to the pool. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go downtown from our hotel location. Definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
Crystal G
"Great Hotel!"
Worth the money to stay at a JW Marriott. Beautiful hotel that had an incredibly friendly and accommodating staff. Stayed on the 16th floor with a lovely view of the river. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Great hotel with great self parking"
Very nice hotel. Great clean rooms with big windows. Pool was great and very convenient parking ($16 per day). Not the cheapest hotel but you get what you pay for. Short walking distance to all the great GR breweries
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Christian
"great but watch out"
As far as our stay goes it was great! Although we were not happy about some payment issues. My daughter checked into the room for us as she arrived a few hours before us and was told they needed a credit card to check in but no money would be charged to the card. The day we checked out her bank card had been charged along with my credit card. Because of this she's had two overdraft charges that the hotel has basically said sorry and nothing else. Although she was told that the card would be fine and not charged they had changed both cards. Still resolving the issue almost a week after the stay. Just be aware. Our stay other than this was great, staff was amazing.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
An excellent hotel in the heart of Grand Rapids. Service, food, amenities that you would expect at a JW Marriott. All first rate.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Clare
"Beautiful City!"
Extremely pleased. I wish that I had more time to enjoy all that this hotel had to offer. Service was excellent from the valet to room service. I plan on returning next year.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Easy access to downtown venues"
I've stayed at the Grand Plaza in Grand Rapids and this place is nicer. The staff is excellent and the facilities are top notch. I was very impressed overall.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Exceptional for the price"
A great value for the price. Very comfortable room and terrific bathroom that included a bathtub and separate high-end shower.
Other trip May 6, 2014