All hotels in Montecatini Terme, Italy
Viale Rosselli 3, Montecatini Terme, PT, 51016, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The staff was very kind."
It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is less than the standard. But, it was enough for us. The staff was very kind. 5 minute walk from downtown. I would definitely recommend.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Great stay! Would recommend
12 night family trip Sep 26, 2013
"Good Location and Nice staff"
There is a lot to do in this area and it's so easy to get to neighboring towns like Lucca, Pisa, Viareggio, Firenze, Prato and Pistoia by train. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the train station but it is a little confusing to find so do print out or make a little map or just pick up one when you get into town which is what I did. Streets aren't always labeled with names. The pool both indoor and outdoor is not at the San Marco hotel property itself it's around the corner in the Grand Le Plac Hotel which is lovely and one of the Leading Hotels of the World. You get to use their facilities. The outdoor pool is available free/indoor pool has a charge but 20%discount for San Marco guests and a Turkish sauna which was incredible. Remember to bring a towel from the San Marco else you have to pay to rent one at the indoor pool. As for the town I do recommend going up to Montecatini Alto which is by funicular and the little train tour that goes through town every 40 minutes and is very nice. It's a great walking city and I found lots of great food that wasn't expensive as well. Breakfast was great and the staff is so wonderful in the dining room. I was getting over a cold and each morning they made me green tea the minute they saw me enter to room, so sweet. Also do think about going to the Thermal Redi Spa which is one of several spas in the town. It's not expensive but you must bring your own towel! And it's great for circulation issues.
6 night trip Oct 3, 2012

"Computer glitch nicely fixed"
Desk had not received our online rez, but gave us room at the amazing Grand Hotel La Pace at same low rate. San Marco was very kind to us. Thank you!
1 night family trip May 1, 2014
gf
"You get what you pay for"
As a 3 star hotel I expected more from this hotel. We were placed on the 6th floor with the elevator only reaching the 5th and as such you need to walk the rest which can be a problem if you have large suitcases (we did). Rooms were on the small side especially the bathroom. Taking a shower was a problem and no holder for the shower hear on the wall and the bath would have benefits from a shower screen.curtain. Aircon didn't work as expected in that it blew hot air out but didn't cause us too much of a problem as we just kept windows opened. Walls separating rooms were very thin and could hear occupants next door opening and shutting cupboards. I took the breakfast option with consisted of cereals, bread, butter, jam - no cheese or meat products. I ended up buying these from a local supermarket to supplement my breakfast. The staff themselves were great and very helpful. Polite at all times and always with a smile. Nearby hotel car park was a great benefit as was the hotel's locality to Montecatini i..e. 5 mins walk.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Decent, welcoming hotel."
Very reasonable price and good, no-frills but clean room with friendly, helpful staff and a good breakfast. Happy to stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Corredore

"ingen resturant"
Hotellet har kun morgenmad, den er meget ringe.
7 night trip Jun 17, 2014
5 night trip Jun 8, 2014
최준영
KR
"Great service"
We didn't actually get a room at the san marco, the room was out of order. But the hotel arranged for us to stay at a nearby 5-star hotel instead, for no additional cost. Now that's great service!
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
SE
"bonne literie"
rapport qualité prix très bien pour l'italie décor un peu vieillot et vue directe sur le batiment d'en face
1 night trip May 29, 2014
FR
"Buon rapporto qualità/prezzo"
Buon rapporto qualità/prezzo, ideale per soggiornare 1 o massimo 2 notti data la modestia della sistemazione
Other trip Nov 7, 2012
"eenvoudig, leuk hotel"
Hotel is netjes. Ontbijt is niet goed. Erg eenzijdig, elke dag dezelfde smakeloze kaas en ham. Je mag gratis gebruik maken van een zwembad bij een naburig 5sterren-hotel. Locatie is prima. We hadden geweldig uitzicht vanaf ons balkon.
4 night trip Sep 14, 2012
Carla
NL
"hotel per tutti"
L'hotel è situato in una posizione ottimale, quasi centrale a pochi minuti dalla stazione ferroviaria e dalla bellissima pineta. Il personale è molto garbato ed efficiente, ma a mio avviso le camere da letto andrebbero rinnovate soprattutto i servizi anche se la pulizia è ottimale.
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
"Cortesia"
3 night romance trip Aug 3, 2012
Dariol

TripAdvisor reviews for San Marco Hotel

"cofortable stay in a family owned hotel"
07/25/15 mrdoody06 Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
Used the hotel as an overnight stop during a tour of Italy. The staff were friendly and efficient as soon as we arrived. Special mention to "Grace" the receptionist, who seemed to be on duty all the time we were there. (You have a First class lassie there manager !). the room was clean and the bathroom looked new. The shower had a great force behind it and you felt more than washed to say the least. If in the area again I would use this hotel again.
"Pleasant Stay"
10/17/14 wanderer31310 Phoenix, Arizona
We stayed here 5 nights as part of a Groupon package tour. We loved the location on a quiet street next to a park and the ability to walk to the center of town and various restaurants. It was a little difficult to find at first, probably because of all the one-way streets and obscurity of the sign. The hotel itself could use an update...a little tired and worn. However it was very clean and the room was spacious. We did miss a shower as our bathroom only had a large tub with a handheld shower and no shower curtain. The bed was hard. The dining room for breakfast was very nice but can't say the same for the food-hard bread, dry croissants and watery juice. The reception desk staff were pleasant.
"Great location, very friendly staff"
10/14/14 Joseph C South Windsor, Connecticut
We stayed at this hotel near the park for 5 nights in early October, 2014. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; the hotel and room very clean. The view of the mountains, especially Montecatini Alto- from our balcony was beautiful, day or night.. with room for two chairs and a table for wine and snacks. This property is well located a short walk away from restaurants, spas, shopping and the train station, but in a quiet neighborhood. We would definitely stay here again.
"Lovely and calm place to relax"
10/07/14 Kirill I Prague, Czech Republic
We spent two nights at this hotel. Clean room comfortable beds. Nice old wooden furniture. Free 3 hour internet. Then take another password for the next three ones. Personal is friendly and polite. Breakfast wasn't too rich, but normal for Italy.
"spacious room, bathroom rather shabby"
04/23/14 Irene B Russia
We stayed there for 1 night only, as part of our package tour. The room was spacious, the bathroom was pretty small, the shower cabin was really small (i am quite tall so it was hard to "navigate" inside). The shower itself looked old, and sprinkled water everywhere, and it's fixed pretty high up. The toilet was very noisy. But for one night's stay it was more than ok. The linen and towels were clean. There was a small flat-screen TV in the room with a number of channels. Didn't have time to explore the area, but from what I've seen through the bus window it looked like a cute resort town, with plenty of food places and shops nearby. Our guide told us that during high season the shops are open until 11 pm or even later. But what I can say for sure is that the air, the climate there (visited in April) was wonderful! Slept like a log!
"Best Value In MCT"
09/23/13 Scott M Los Angeles, California
I stayed at the San Marco in Montecatini Terme for 10 days in May. A few steps from the beautiful central park and a short walk to downtown, the San Marco is a wonderful place, quiet, presentable, and a great value amidst what seems to be many overpriced hotels. The personnel are wonderful, every single one of them helpful and friendly, and the manager went out of his way to find everything I needed to make my stay successful. I cannot say enough about how "at home" I felt there, something I do not experience that often.
"Good Hotel needs some Modernisation"
09/22/13 KalexK Ayrshire
This is the second time I have been at this hotel in the last year. The hotel is situated in a quiet side street a couple on minutes walk from the park and 5 minutes to the town centre. You couldn't ask for a better location. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Bedrooms were clean, spacious and tidy. Balcony with 2 chairs and a table. However some parts of the hotel do need modernisation (i.e. locks on the bedroom doors need updating; some of the furniture is dated) On my next trip to this area I would have no hesitation of staying at this hotel.
"excellent service ,facilities , ambience, your in good hands !!"
09/14/13 BMARITATO New York City, New York
Let me start, by saying hello . .when you have driven from naples to montecatini the last thing you need are problems ... navigating montecatini terme 's maze like one way streets drove my gps into tilt, but it was well worth the effort to get to the combo of san marco and la pace ..!!!!!Arriving at the san marco where I had booked two nights ,,with only use of the 5 star facilities of grand hotel la pace ,a block away , I was greeted by a professional young lady who told me they were full , then quickly resolved the problem in an instant. now I was to have a room at the same rate at la pace the glorious 5.star, thanking her i arrived in 30 seconds by car .. it was lovely , high celings , ,chandeliers an atmosphere that was calming , caring and professionally driven ... was given a single ..room. with marble laid bathroom and semi balcony impressive .....later at the bar wifi calls ....very sharp bartender .and drinks,i was ready for a good nights sleep .....which I truly got comfortable bed and good AC !!!!..Next day the pool was perfect ....with great service and comfy chaise lounge de-stressed to no end !!!!!! never had time to explore spa .this trip ,I have no doubt. ,a 10 /10 experience to remember and return too cheers ... mr B. Maritato
"Great experience"
08/29/13 Fabio R Sunnyvale, California
Family of 5; 5 day stay. The price/quality is excellent: the rooms were clean and comfortable. The personnel was very accommodating, professional and helpful: for example, one of my children and I are sensitive to gluten. We did not notify this to the personnel in advance. However, on the second day, at breakfast, we had a vast array of gluten-free options that the personnel did procure for us: unbelievably nice. The rooms had balcony with table and chairs. The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the train station, which is convenient for day trips to Florence. I will certainly recommend it.
"Perfect starting point for discovering Tuscany"
06/25/13 ragulin Brno
I am a little bit confused of some reviews 'cause this hotel was a suprise for me. For your money you will get a perfect service, clean and cosy rooms and friendly and very helpfull staff. A very different experience from hotel services in bigger cities that are often overpriced and very poor.