All hotels in Montecatini Terme, Italy

Clean
    Food is not good
    Poor vibe
"Great experience"
Very nice experience at Hotel San Marco. Staff was great as was Montecatini Terme itself (Great to escape the crowds of Florence). The room was clean and large but some were more sparse than others. I would recommend you request a room with a balcony. The view is stunning. Please note that the hotel is 30 minutes by train to Florence. Price as not a factor, only time. That said, the train is extremely comfortable and clean. Great Florence experience.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"The staff was very kind."
It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast is less than the standard. But, it was enough for us. The staff was very kind. 5 minute walk from downtown. I would definitely recommend.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Great stay! Would recommend
12 night family trip Sep 26, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Computer glitch nicely fixed"
Desk had not received our online rez, but gave us room at the amazing Grand Hotel La Pace at same low rate. San Marco was very kind to us. Thank you!
1 night family trip May 1, 2014
gf
"You get what you pay for"
As a 3 star hotel I expected more from this hotel. We were placed on the 6th floor with the elevator only reaching the 5th and as such you need to walk the rest which can be a problem if you have large suitcases (we did). Rooms were on the small side especially the bathroom. Taking a shower was a problem and no holder for the shower hear on the wall and the bath would have benefits from a shower screen.curtain. Aircon didn't work as expected in that it blew hot air out but didn't cause us too much of a problem as we just kept windows opened. Walls separating rooms were very thin and could hear occupants next door opening and shutting cupboards. I took the breakfast option with consisted of cereals, bread, butter, jam - no cheese or meat products. I ended up buying these from a local supermarket to supplement my breakfast. The staff themselves were great and very helpful. Polite at all times and always with a smile. Nearby hotel car park was a great benefit as was the hotel's locality to Montecatini i..e. 5 mins walk.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Decent, welcoming hotel."
Very reasonable price and good, no-frills but clean room with friendly, helpful staff and a good breakfast. Happy to stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Corredore

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Raporto qualità/prezzo molto buona"
Ottima posizione e sistemazione confortevole
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
romina
IT
Signorina alla reception molto professionale, gentile e preparata per ogni richiesta.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
מלון ישן עם חניה ארוחת בוקר טובה
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Hanna
IL
"Rustig hotel op loopafstand van centrum."
Hotel lag aan rustige straat, op loopafstand van centrum. Prettig personeel die goed Engels spraken!!! Eenpersoonsbed net iets te kort voor mijn lengte van 1.92 m., maar ik vond dat geen probleem. Ruime keus bij ontbijtbuffet.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Hans
NL
buono
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"ingen resturant"
Hotellet har kun morgenmad, den er meget ringe.
7 night trip Jun 17, 2014
5 night trip Jun 8, 2014
최준영
KR
"Great service"
We didn't actually get a room at the san marco, the room was out of order. But the hotel arranged for us to stay at a nearby 5-star hotel instead, for no additional cost. Now that's great service!
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
SE
"bonne literie"
rapport qualité prix très bien pour l'italie décor un peu vieillot et vue directe sur le batiment d'en face
1 night trip May 29, 2014
FR
3 night family trip May 14, 2015
AT
3 night trip Jun 17, 2014
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for San Marco Hotel

"Great value hotel in gorgeous town"
05/03/16 soolka Dallas, Texas
We stayed at this hotel through the Gate 1 deal. If you're like me, you bought that package because of the price. This is not the Ritz, but the San Marco is completely adequate, safe and clean and that is all I wanted. And, as others have mentioned, the staff is just wonderful, from all the desk clerks to the guys who run the breakfast. The hotel itself is a bit of a time warp and reminded me of Prague in the early 90s, but if you liked Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel and want a taste of 1960s-1970s Euro funkiness, this is the place for you. We lucked out and got a mountain view, which was great. Every morning I woke up by the sun and singing birds. There was not a hair dryer in my room, so I was glad I brought mine, but there was a room safe and a mini fridge, so if you wanted to get some stuff at the market, you could. Don't get excited about the "espresso" here--it's pretty much Nescafé. The thing to get excited about are the pillowy breakfast croissants with powdered sugar. And off brand Nutella. My typical modus operandi while traveling is to fill up on the included breakfast and power through the day eating only gelato and then have a nice dinner. This breakfast was perfect for that. I have a Tomtom GPS and had no problem finding the place, but had use via Roselli 2 as the address. There are a lot of one way streets around, but is wasn't that difficult with my small Toyota Yaris rental. The parking lot is a bit tight and got really packed on a Friday night. There is overflow parking at La Pace Hotel.
"Nice Tuscany Town"
05/01/16 Ron D
We got a great travel deal through Travelzoo and Gate 1 Travel that included a contracted hotel in Montecatini Terme, the San Marcos Hotel. It is a Eurpoean 3 star, but for US standards probably a 2 star. It was clean though and rather basic and needs updating, but a good value for package deals. There was a TV, but only 1 English channel (BBC news) and probably 3 total channels. The breakfast was the same every day, but really rather good. Italians are not big on breakfast anyway and what they had was good. If you are big on special comfort, then go higher star rating. Also, finding the Hotel is very challenging unless you have some assistance— a good navigator or perhaps Google maps (offline version works great). Nice location in Tuscany, would recommend.
"Great little hotel"
04/27/16 Cathy H Oakton, Virginia
As the other reviewers say, the staff were great. Very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We loved our little balcony, which had a view of Montecatini Alto. Ask for a room with a view in advance, and try to be at least on the third floor. The buffet breakfast included cold cereals, yogurt, croissants, ham, cheese, and cold hard boiled eggs. And of course espresso. A great way to start the day. The hotel has a wonderful outside sitting area, which we never used because we wandered around quite a bit, but it is very inviting! We were with Gateway1, and got to know about 4 other couples that all traveled thru Gateway1. And yes, all of us had trouble finding the hotel. It took us about 30 minutes even though we had printed directions from the hotel that we got in advance, and a GPS. The GPS doesn't know about one-way streets, and the hotel didn't know there would be construction blocking one of the streets. There is a large park, and the hotel is at the base of that, towards Montecatini Alto. Good luck!!
"Clean, hospitable and convenient. A good choice"
04/17/16 MOC3 New York City, New York
When I travel I like to feel like I am in a foreign country. I like having a bidet, or wooden window shutters. Funky elevators, large key rings and an old world feeling in the modern day. The desk attendants were very helpful, particularly the female one who works at night (sorry I did not get her name!). She was incredibly patient with unruly tourists, helpful and calm. Bravissima! The room I had was clean. Not fancy but charming in it's own way. There is history, the room is a funny shape but it has electricity and wifi, a sort of comfy bed, quiet except for noisy school children on a trip. There is construction going on in the day time so if you plan on being there during those hours that could be annoying. I was out everyday so it did not affect me. It was overall pleasant and cozy. Location was great to get to everywhere I needed to be.
"Comfy"
04/12/16 streeteasy55 New York City, New York
My first time to visit Montecatini Terme and so anxious about the hotel where we gonna stay and be a " home away from home", and it did not disappoint us. Very comfortable and centrally located to visit Pisa, Lucca and other neighboring destinations without a car. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely come back. Highly recommended 👍👍
"Charming older European hotel with superb staff"
04/01/16 Susan G New Orleans, Louisiana
Charming, clean and comfortable although not luxurious. The best thing about this hotel was the superb staff. Desk staff was courteous and extremely helpful as was the wait staff for breakfast. They made my stay very pleasant. Location was good for walking around town and to restaurants and bars. Close to train station as well. If you go I suggest you get a map of Montecatini Terme from the hotel ahead of time as it is difficult to find. Ask for a room with a balcony as I had a great view of Montecatini Alto.
"Affordable price with great service"
03/24/16 Ardalan A
We had a great experience at this hotel, the staff were warm and friendly and provided help when needed. The room was clean and spacious. It is walking distance to many restaurants and driving distance to many of Tuscany greatest attractions. I highly recommend this hotel to people who want an affordable hotel in the heart of Tuscany. The downfall is that the pillows were too hard....also, the walls a re a bit thin and we could hear people talking from the room next door.
"Great location "
03/23/16 shannone0526 Troy, Michigan
This was our first visit to Italy and the hotel and staff were wonderful. This is a typical European hotel could use updating and also not all rooms had shower curtain or wash cloths. Would recommend anyone staying here ask for room on 5th floor facing front of hotel this view is amazing! Thank you staff for all your help with the trains as well
"Welcoming hotel !"
03/20/16 inspector077 Champaign, Illinois
From the moment we arrived at the San Marco Hotel we felt welcomed by the young woman at the front desk. We were welcomed each morning by two smiling, attentive gentlemen in the breakfast room and we returned each evening to soft, fresh linens for a great night's sleep. We couldn't be happier! The San Marco Hotel was a perfect place for us, and a great value.
"Excellent value for the money"
03/14/16 Jane S Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The San Marco Hotel was part of a package trip with Gate One Travel. We found the hotel to be a great value for the money. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do in town, and only a 10 minute walk to the train station. Not only are we recommending this hotel to our friends, but we have already booked another trip with this as our "home base".