All hotels in Dover, New Hampshire, United States of America

• Value
    Breakfast is average
    Uncomfortable
"excellent s"
Very good. Very professional staff..
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Kenneth
"Nice New England Weekend"
Great location to UNH. Very nice staff. Clean and comfortable. Only complaint was the pillows - a little hard.
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
mary
"clean and comfortable"
Room was a good size and beds very comfortable. we were disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the room and no sign we could put up so as not to get new towels every day. Breakfast was stand hotel fare. a little boring after 3 days.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
Janice
Hotel was in a good location. Everything in the hotel was good except the room size. Very small!
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Bruce
Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. A good value and next to a Starbucks
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Stay away, pay the extra 30.00 a night!!!!!!"
I travel extensively and this was by far the worse experience I have ever had when dealing with a hotel. The staff was extremely rude and unaccomodating, and the noise was unbearable both inside and out the hotel. We arrived around 11:00 pm on first night of booking, had incorrect room was told nothing they could do. Tried to move us to alternate room but it was filthy, the clerk on the night of check in was the only one we met that was at least polite. Spoke to manager next morning, was told if I did not like it then they would refund. They told me this knowing there was not another hotel room available within 60 miles as it was parents weekend at UNH and nascar weekend at raceway. Day of checkout I called for late checkout (1 hour) and was told "nope sorry". When we checked out I asked they would not grant a guest of three nights a 1 hour late checkout I was told "cleaning lady's want to go home too, why should they have to wait for you". Visibly angered by his remark I voiced my displeasure asked for the owners corporate number and the clerks response was "if you don't like it please never come here again, we cannot stand demanding people like you". I am currently waiting to hear back from the corporate care people at I crotel and the property owners. This was customer service at its absolute worse. Also, you will never see the same face at front desk twice, we did not over the course of three days. As the saying goes you get what you pay for, lesson learned.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Thank you for your opinion of the events of your stay. Reviewing your reservation - Which you booked - you indicated the wrong room type was reserved. As an extensive traveler as you indicated I would refer you to your confirmation email from Expedia for your reference of your reservation. The night clerk offered you multiple rooms to choose from to assist your frustration over your perceived reservation mistake. Rooms offered 301, 317, 118 but you declined. The next day I spoke with you directly and unfortunately you were still not satisfied with the room chosen. I was unable to accommodate in another room as the hotel was sold to capacity but did offer to let you depart without penalty because there was nothing I would be able to do to for your dissatisfaction about your reservation. I wish you the best on your future travel but the exaggerations of these correspondences are just not appropriate and not true.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Will see you later."
We really couldn't find much wrong with this hotel especially for the price in New England. Service was great, breakfast as good as most, room was very clean, and everything worked! The only negatives we noted were the mattress was pretty much worn out and I thought the pillows were kind of hard. We would still stay again.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Would stay there again!"
Our stay was comfortable. Hotel staff was pleasant enough. Rooms were comfortable, some upgrades can be made like the TV size and office chair. But all around decent hotel.
3 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2015
Jacqueline
"mike's review"
enjoyed every minute. just wish there was a mini fridge
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
"Excellent!"
Great hotel!
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2015
Dianne
"Good location for shopping for college bound"
I got to the hotel and once I got to my room I immediately knew it was going to be too small as I was staying for 3 days. I asked about an upgrade to a suite and the nice young man at the desk said I needed to go through Expedia as that is how I booked the room. Within minutes I was in my new room. I felt safe at the hotel. My room was very clean. The desk help was superb. My only issue and it is not really the desk help's fault as I honestly think he didn't know, but when I checked in I asked if I could put my reservation on a different credit card. He said sure not problem, swiped the card and I signed necessary papers. When I upgraded the room, he reswiped the card and I thought I was good to go. When I got home, my bank account showed that all of the purchases I had made while I was in New Hampshire came back with insufficient funds. I couldn't figure out why..... then saw that the room indeed had been charged to my other card- even though he swiped the card I asked to switch to and said I was all set. I called the hotel and they said at a certain time of day, Expedia transactions just go through and I missed the time frame of making the switch so my card had already been charged. Happy ending though... when I called the hotel a nice girl said she would have the charges reversed and switched to the other card. My bank is going to take of the $175.00 worth of overdraft charges once they see the money back in my account. Happy ending to this story.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Carrie
Room was nice - no fridge or microwave in the room I was given - breakfast was decent - hotel has a strange "security policy" that you can only enter through the front lobby door (access keys don't work on side entrances)
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"A great place for an overnight stay"
The Microtel Inn is conveniently located near major highways and streets. Our room featured 2 double beds and was very clean, comfortable, and featured modern decor. The AC worked very well. There was a small breakfast area featuring typical options. Nearby the hotel is a nice market. For of you who don't wish to drive, there is a great pan-Asian (Chinese/Japanese/South Asian) restaurant a few minutes down the road that I highly recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Calvin
"Clean and convenient"
Short stay, clean room, a bit noisy at night on first floor next to workout space.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Decent room, friendly staff"
This place was decent...nothing spectacular. The hotel staff is really nice and attentive. The walls are super thin...I could hear the people above me talking and walking around. My room was at the end of a hall by an exit and found a couple bugs crawled into my room which wasn't too pleasing, but I figured they found their way in from the exit door near my room. Other than that, the room was sufficient, the free breakfast and coffee was nice, and the hotel is located near the grocery store and some fast food places. Felt like this room was a bit overpriced for what it was, but overall, it was ok.
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
"Will not stay here again"
the room above us was very noisy at night. The hotel staff did not allow us to change rooms and didn't seem to care about our lack of being able to sleep. We will not stay at this hotel or any of its hotels again.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
We are sorry for the disturbance of our other guests. We did speak to the party in question when informed but unfortunately we were sold out and unable to move you. Hopefully we can take care of your future travels.
6 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Greg
"Worst choice I've ever made in booking hotels."
Micro tell is a very apt name for this establishment . Everything is micro including the service. You really get what you pay for. Never again!
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites. We are unsure of your reservation type you reserved but there are multiple room types including suites to choose from regarding size of the rooms. We try to deliver top notch service to all our guest and I am very surprised by your comments. Thank you again for your feedback and we will take your comments into consideration for the future.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"don't stay"
rooms too small, breakfast terrible. I will never stay at another Microtel or wyndham hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
We stayed here a couple of nights while traveling to NH and ME. The hotel gave convenient access to the highway. Continental breakfast was a nice added touch.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Alexis
"OK stay"
We were given a handicapped room. We complained, but no other room was reportedly available. The staff said they were sold out. (HOW???) Shower took up the entire bathroom for wheelchair accessibility so there was no room at sink/mirror. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was extremely crowded with no room to sit down. Staff was pleasant.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Are you looking for a clean, comfortable hotel?"
Our room was clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. There was coffee, and cookies to great us after our long road trip.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Just another hotel"
Wifi service was incredibly spotty, but it was free so you what you pay for, I suppose. Key cards for rooms had to be tried multiple times to open doors. The fact they had Green Mountain Coffee was the high point.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2015
Here on business. Room was very clean and the breakfast was awesome. The room was noisy as I could hear doors closing all night and people walking above me on the second floor.
3 night business trip Jul 30, 2015
Lynn
Great service and very comfortable
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Wayne
"Good Place"
There for 4 nights. Only thing was that the card reader going outside on the BBQ grill side didn't work causing us to have to walk around. they should fit this asap.
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Donald
"Well located hotel for quick weekend away"
Microtel is a very, very, clean hotel. It is no frills, however, and room was quite small. I was disappointed when we checked in to learn that the fridge I had requested over the phone (medical need) was going to cost me an additional $15 per night. I had not been told this and was quite annoyed. The manager kindly waived the fee, but this will affect whether I stay here again. I would probably not, based on this policy. Breakfast is free and fresh, though limited. This hotel was a fine place to stay for quick weekend getaway, but if I were to come back with my kids I would probably not choose it. There is no indoor pool and the extra fee for fridge is a ridiculous policy.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Erica
A clean and bright facility with an overall friendly vibe from both personnel and guests. My only complaint would be the cheap construction typically used in these types of hotels: anyone walking around on the floor above you is clearly heard and my experience was noisy from early risers and cleaning staff working above me. I will stay here again but will be sure to request a room on the top floor.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice visit"
The staff their was very courteous and friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
james
"wedding"
Only complaint was the pillows were hard as rocks! Not used to that!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Lorna
"Easy to find"
Convenient to highway, good amenities, coffee/tea Great free cookies on arrival
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
mark
"Close to highway."
Great hotel for the money. Clean, nice staff, breakfast. Room was nice, noisy neighbors, but not the fault of the hotel.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice budget stay"
Very nice staff and basic hotel and facilities. Breakfast is minimal but great coffee
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
tom
Nice clean hotel and good service for the price.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Marguerite
No fridge no microwave. High price for little frill
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Don't stay here"
Hotel staff called to offer me a free upgrade (went from 2 queens to 1). The room had a huge jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room and mirrors everywhere. Very tacky. Hotel offered free wifi. Room was like a cave. Could not connect to wifi unless in the hallway. When I asked to switch to another room the staff pulled up my reservation, saw I booked through Expedia and refused to help. Cleaning lady made the bed and that was it. Did not empty trash or clean the shower or countertops. There were roaches in the room. Free breakfast was a joke. No eggs, bacon or sausage. Offered muffins, bagels, cereal and a pancake conveyor belt. I've stayed at every hotel in dover and this was by far the worst. Was desperate and it was the only room I could get. Should've known. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Deb
"June stay"
It was great, everyone was very nice to us as well!
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Quick stop"
Checked in late, receptionist was very professional .contenental was more than expected.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
G- Man
We were very pleased with our stay. Could hear a little more from neighboring rooms and cars than were ideal, but we would stay here again when in the area.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Ok."
I liked their coffee espresso machine. Their Wifi didn't work. Told them a couple of times during my week long stay. They acknowledged that there's a problem, but never fixed it.
7 night business trip May 16, 2015
"very nice stay"
very pleasantly surprised
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Reliably comfortable."
Clean well-appointed rooms. Excellent range of breakfast options. Hot beverages available gratis all day. Easy parking. Helpful staff. Only drawback is that one is not within walking distance of anything.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Elaine
"Customer friendly.... no!"
When I checked in, I was told I had to have 250.00 deposit via credit card only. I had a non refundable reservation and the hotel would not allow me to check in without it. This is not anywhere on the Hotels.com site and I have run into this prior to arriving at this hotel. I travel quite a bit and use hotels.com so I don't have to have my credit card information compromised. (less likely) . I will not use this hotel again due to the fact that they were unaccomodating. 250.00 is a lot of money to have on my credit card. I told them I would give them cash but they said no... ... this is not a customer friendly hotel.
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Value for Money"
Clean rooms. Value for money.
7 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"Nice place each time"
We have stayed here several times in the past few years, and each time the Microtel has been a great deal for us. The atmosphere is comfortable, along with the rooms and hotel spaces. It is situated well back from the main roads, and reasonably quiet for the area. The breakfast is smallish, but had enough options for us. We particularly like the automatic pancake machine. Rooms are on the small side, but had enough space for us. And the price is right.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Mikey
"Nice Stay"
Clean room, generous breakfast. Request a room facing the parking lot of road noise bothers you.
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"one night"
Hotel was fine for the night. I would have loved a continental breakfast.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
amy
Good place to stay if you need a room for a quick overnight stay
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"not what an INN & suite is to me"
I chose this hotel for my kids robotics competition because their hotel was full and this was close. A suite to me has at least a refrigerator! Nope, not here but thank goodness it was cold out (well for this purpose anyway) because I put my items that needed to stay cold in my car for the night. I always look for a suite for the separate areas and the fridge & microwave but was disappointed. I did enjoy a nice bath and it was clean. Sheets were a little scratchy which I am sure is due to bleach so I am ok. Staff was nice
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"For the price it's nice"
Great price. Clean room. I read a lot of reviews that were negative but I had a great stay. I will be staying again.
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Lori
The staff is always nice and polite. They are always willing to help
Other trip Mar 14, 2015