All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
2030 Del Monte Avenue, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is poor
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
Didn't had Wi-Fi. It was on clean, but also no breakfast.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Thiago
"Dirty and cold"
Dirty floor, bed and towels, cold room, expensive rates. I had to sleep with all cloths on. No drinking water is offered. Do not recommend at all.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Ok"
I just needed a place to lay my head for a few hours. It was inexpensive and convenient. Room was clean and had some obvious recent upgrades. If they got more modern furniture it would make a big difference.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"Cheap and clean"
Very clean. Slept well but you might not if loud traffic bothers you.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Worth every dollar"
For the price, it was a great hotel. I have stayed here twice now and loves it. I booked this hotel simply for sleeping and for that fact, it was great. Customer service I receive was good. If you expect to make a conversation with the receptionist, then this hotel is probably not for you. I went inside, checked in and left. Simple as that. Inside the hotel was clean and good, I have no complaints. The outside of the hotel was cute, I thought. I love the vines that grew along with the hotel and it was comfy enough for me, although my friend beg to differ. Overall, a great hotel worth the price and location. Close by to Del Monte Beach, which is right across the hotel with some climbing involve which should be about 5 minutes max. Hotel is also 8 minutes driving away from Monterey Bay Aquarium.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Da
Room was clean but a little overpriced in my opinion.
"Get what you pay for."
This room was nicer than I expected but I didnt expect much because of the price. The busy street wasnt too bad but the gym next door (building almost connected) sounded like they were dropping weights, which was annoying. Also, the towels were very poor quality (stained) and old so I would recommend to bring your own. I appreciated the tile on the floor in bathroom and sink area. Also the flatscreen tv, channels and wifi. The bed was very firm, which my husband loved and I slept well too. The beach was walking distance, but we drove up the hill to it. Cannery row is driving distance. For the price we would stay again.
3 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"First time visit"
Staff was very focused on me filling out a card with my home address, driver's license information, plate number, etc. Given it was 12:30am I really just wanted to unpack and sleep. This information wasn't relevant to my stay so instead I found this odd be pushy over when no other hotel asks for this information. Room wise was okay. The HVAC unit was visually broken and the bedding was sub-par. The mattress was fine but the pillows and comfortable were of very poor quality.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
The room was nasty. The carpets were dirty, the walls in the restroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages, there was hair from the last person on the bathroom floor and shower, the towels were dingy and also had someone else's hair on them. The pillows were very flat and hadn't been changed in a long time. The location was further from everything then what the description stated on the site.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Tricia
"great location to vactuioners"
what I was looking for, very clean and eould stay again, but the towels are very, very thin. But again very clean. And will stay there again.katrina
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Work in Progress"
You could tell the owners are trying to make this place more hospitable, but at the end of the day, the bed was uncomfortble, the towels fraying apart, and there were questionable stains on the furniture. It didn't help that the lady went directly into the room and started cleaning before we even made it out of the parking lot like we were gross, so obviously the room must have suffered. Rude.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sora
It was close to Fishermans Wharf, Cannery Row and Aquarium
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Never again!"
Upon arriving, we just thought we would give it a chance. Checked in, used the restroom that was just okay. As we were leaving the room, we noticed a half used water bottle behind the door. There were no deadbolts or chains on the door. The door and jam looked like someone had kicked it in. We didn't feel very safe. Family members were staying in another part of the place and found someone's dirty socks right by the bed!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"price right"
not bad
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
AH
"I wish I could go negative"
This was literally the worst hotel room I have ever been in. I can't even say stayed in, because I booked another hotel room for several hundred dollars/night only a couple hours after checking in, despite the fact that this reservation was non-refundable. It was THAT BAD. The room was not as advertised (double bed at best, not queen), and absolutely filthy, not to mention the toilet was placed in a tiny alcove behind a door and almost impossible to use. This was THE WORST hotel.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Unfriendly staff, almost no parking, rooms noisy."
Would not stay there again. Unfriendly staff, rooms ride beside a road, no enough parking spots. Expensive .
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Antonio
"In a pinch"
I waited until The last minute to book for the Monterey car weekend. Would not have been a first choice. Very noisy due to traffic, just the basics type of place. A bit run down. Coffee, and only coffee offered in main office
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Ants Everywhere"
I never usually take bug problems on hotel reviews seriously because before my stay here, I've never had a bug problem before. On my first night there, I started to notice a few ants on the lamp stand. Then I looked at the wall and I saw a whole army of ants crawling all over the wall, coming from a giant crack in the wall. I went to the owners of this hotel. They were sleeping in the little private room they have next to their office. I finally got their attention and mentioned the problem. They looked at me like I was stupid and asked me with a rude tone, "So what do you want?". I just asked for bug spray. Which took them 10 minutes to find. Thankfully, I handled the bug problem myself. (They didn't have another room open to give me). All in all, I was really disgusted and disappointed. I highly advise people to look at another hotel. The only positive thing I could find about this hotel was the location of the property, which is less than a 5 minute drive from downtown Monterey
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
Oceanside Inn
"You know what? It's fine."
This hotel is fine for what it is. It's not going to win any beauty contests, but if you're looking for something in this price range, I can virtually guarantee that you've stayed in worse places.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Okay for the price"
Worst part was the noise from cars passing by as the hotel was so close to a busy street. No enough parking also gave us headache. Room was clean but with minimum comfort. Blankets were very thin. Best thing was the friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Verita
The window had no locks on it. The top beding was dirty, and the walls were so thin you could hear everything. Would not ever stay again.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Jack
"Bad motel"
Not at all good. The room was dirty with the barest of amenities.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
disgusted
"Price needs to be cheaper"
Barely enough parking when vacancy is full. Rooms and beds def need an update. Also door locks are from the 60's.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Rsm
"The absolute filthiest motel room ever."
This place was the worst place ever and the fact that I paid close to $500 was complete robbery. It wasn't even in Monterey but in an industrial area. These people should be reported to the health department!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
disgusted
"too much money."
Make sure you make your reservations with time so you don't pay over 210.00 dollars for a 80.00 dollar room.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
oscar
"This is a good economical choice for the Monterey."
The walking/cycle path is across the street. Right next door to Aquarius Dive Shop. A very nice 45 min walk to Cannery Row. This is a good economical choice for the Monterey.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"do not stay here!"
Awful. Service is unpleasent, our room was filthy, the counters weren't clean, sticky stuff spilled on bed table. Bathroom sink, not clean, had dirt along the drain, the toiet, yuck! They never clean around the bottom, and floors were dirty, you can tell not swept or mopped :( dirty on sides of bathtub!
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
marie
"Will never stay here again"
I wish I had researched better, the pictures on line were okay, but for the price I paid $268 for one night, I really expected to get more. Room was old and really in need of upkeep. The air conditioner was dirty. There was a dirty ashtray right outside the window. We asked for more towels and they made a face at us then brought more towels. We were there for a race at Laguna Seca, all the hotels in the area gouge you for race weekends. It was not a good experience at all. The only thing I enjoyed was the comfort of the matress.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Therese
"Good location but not enough for the price."
The staff was not very friendly. Only the housekeeper was very helpful. On the first night there weren't enough shampoos or towels and by morning we had ran out of toilet paper. I had to go to the office to request these items and although they gave them to me, I felt like I was imposing. We did get more towels and toilet paper from the housekeeper. She understood our needs. We asked her not to clean the room as they charge extra for full service.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Single mom
Oceanside inn hotel was horrible, very dusty, bad service and very expensive.not recommended
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
Ada
"Poor parking"
The hotel has 17 rooms and only 16 parking spaces one of which is a handicap space. We went out to dinner and for drinks, came back and had no where to parking. Ended up parking almost a block away. Walls are thin and can hear the room next to you showering and even talking.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Not enough for the money"
The room was expensive and not a good value for the money. The internet was good. Parking was satisfactory. Motel is located on a busy road so there was road noise that we drowned out with the AC unit.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Oana M
"decent for one night"
You get what you pay for. It was decent for the price and location. We were comfortable enough for the one night stay. It was very close to the Monterey Bay Aqaurium, Fishermen's wharf, and the beach! We would get a higher rated hotel if we were to stay longer.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Fair room at a reasonable price"
The room and furnishings were ok. The room and furnishings were clean but very used. The road noise at times was loud and snoring in adjacent room also a little loud. The cost was about 1/2 of what you would pay for a 4 star hotel. If you a looking for a place to stay at a reasonable cost with no amenities this hotel will work. My wife feels my review is too generous.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to Attractions & Close to the road & noisy"
This is hotel that you book if you want CHEAP, close to Fisherman's Wharf, Aquarium & Cannery Row and just want a bed to sleep in. There is no tea/coffee, 2 towels for 4 people, rooms are small and bathroom window opens to a brick wall so is very musty. It is alongside a very busy road with no sound proofing so expect a lot of road noise, people talking outside when they are getting in cars etc. Bring your ear plugs and you'll be fine. The receptionist was rude, and it was hard to understand his english, being that it is obviously his second language.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"not my prefered hotel"
the hotel is quiet old and so are the facilities. there is hardly any room to store the bag. the flatscreen tv is quiet nice and new.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Phil
"No frills hotel/motel. Clean but basic."
We spent only overnight in the hotel. So, it didn't matter that much. But it is a basic, no-frills place. Fisherman's wharf is 40 min walk/1.5 miles.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
rjain
Coffee in reception was cold. Check in staff were abrupt and unhelpful. Motel is not in walking distance to anything. Other than that it's great!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Disappointing"
We booked a room with a King bed and got a room with two queens. The room looked nothing like the photos. The employee did not speak English well and was not helpful. Could not get on the internet. Very disappointing and out dated.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Sandy
"get what you pay for"
Stayed two nights, ready to leave after the first night. Bed was lumpy, air conditioning blew warm air when set of COLD HIGH. Some t.v. channels didn't have volume - most of the ones I wanted to watch.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Riley
"simple and clean"
No coffee maker in room, don't get the coffee at the gas station down the street....its terrible. It's a good clean room though. Had a fridge which was nice, but no microwave.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Just what I need"
Very satisfied with my stay in here. The room is clean, facilities are just what I need. There is a store named "Peninsula Produce" 0.2 mile east of the inn that sells fresh fruit and food. These two made my stay very pleasant.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Xiang
"Close to the beach, never stay there again"
Close to the beach, hairs in the bed, slow running water from the shower, dirty walls, old and ripped up shower towels,horrible hotel never again
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Clean and close to Downtown Monterey"
This is a very basic no frills place to stay and was very clean. A reasonable rate compared to many others in the area.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
The worse part that influenced my responses was the Staff. They were not friendly and could not speak very good english so didn't understand me. I was also surprised how thin the walls were. We could hear our neighbor next door snoring! Thanks for letting me respond.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Super safe area"
1st staff is very polite and accommodating. Room does have very thin walls so you can hear neighbors and outside traffic. Most importantly to me was when I went to check out I couldn't find my hotel card and was scared I lost it. My daughter opened the door and it was in the door lock the whole night. My last entry into the hotel always around 7 PM so it was still light out. No one bothered us or worse thoughts that popped in my head once I realized how long it was out there. Super convenient to shops restaurants and just a nice walk up the hill to the beach. Enjoyed very much my 2 nights there. Thank you.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"close to family"
It served our purpose and we were only there to sleep. Pricing structure was extremely erratic.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Nice hotel for price during spring break"
Not bad for price during spring break n not far from everything at all
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
juan
"Very nice and convenient. Close to many places."
The staff was courteous, the room was nice and clean. The beds and pillows were soft. Good room decoration. It was quiet.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Rosy
"Not a bargain . Would not stay there again"
Bed sheets and towels need to be sent museum! Can't imagine going back there.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014