All hotels in Valletta, Malta

• Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Nice location, some details to be fixed"
Everything fine, besides paid wifi. Nowadays, internet is a standard, like warm water or towels. Nice location is a plus.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Thom
Great location, good breakfast with plenty of choices. Walk to all the sights in Valletta. Very friendly staff. We had two different rooms. One was small with so-so beds and not good air conditioning on the 5th floor. The other room was on the first floor, roomy, better beds and good AC. Depends on the room choice.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Osborne malta"
Adequate hotel. Great location in central Valetta. Great breakfast. Very helpful as tobsights tobsee.
1 night trip May 5, 2015
Robert S
A little Spartan and basic, but excellent location. Very good for an overnight stay in Valletta.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Good value but don't expect front desk help."
Front desk not very helpful. Room was pleasant, clean.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2015
The man at reception when we first arrived could not have done any more for us. He is a credit to the hotel! We stayed on floor 1 and one morning we were woken by the woman receptionist and another member of staff at 6.00am talking(slides like they were shouting) when we went down and asked them to e quiet we found they were literally face to face talking! She didn't apologise just looked and frowned. This was only problem we had whilst here an was glad to see she wasn't on another shift and we were back to the old gentleman receptionist. Very central location with a good selection of breakfast!
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Great location!"
The only plus for this hotel is the location!
5 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
pro: Very good position. cons: Breakfast not included, price high compared to what offered (11 euro). Double bed with separated matress!
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"location...only"
The room was small, the bathroom tiny. The shower about 2 feet square. Caroline, at the front desk was wonderfully helpful and friendly. was in walking distance of many of the sights
6 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Three nights in Valletta for easy walking tours"
We very much enjoyed our stay at the Osborne. Great location, nice room and better than usual breakfast with fresh fruit salad and a few hot items on the buffet. You can purchase cards and use your own lap top or purchase a password and use their system. We chose the latter and their log-off procedure did not work and therefore we were unable to use remaining purchased time. They refused to address the problem. I recommend buying the more expensive cards or having the desk person log out for you.
3 night romance trip Apr 27, 2014
"Just fine"
Reception people were very good.as we're most of the breakfast staff.curious that they had no extras- shower caps, creams etc.
5 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
"great location. my room had a view of harbor."
Staff great. Helped with tours and directions. had a decent reasonable sun night buffet
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"A wonderful experience"
This hotel is the best! We booked 3 nights before checking in, and were lucky to get the one room left. We arrived early and the first thing the staff asked was if they could put our luggage into a locked room until we could check in. They then gave us directions to some wonderful sights within walking distance and made us feel like part of their family. They even made calls for us for information we needed. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We wish we could have stayed longer. The outside of the hotel is quite deceiving, as it looks small. It's elegant and the restaurant has great food.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Susie
"Excellent hotel in Valletta"
Great. I'm asked to add more to my review. I don't want to, and am now irritated that what I've said is not enough for you. I probably won't do another one for Expedia.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Quaint and Very Nice Hotel"
I stayed a night here and than moved the Grand Excelsior. I had better treatment here that I did at the 5 star Grand Excelsior and wish I had just stayed at the Osbourne Hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Handy and Central"
Friendly staff. Handy for walking around Valetta. Close to bus station, so easy to get out and about.
4 night trip Dec 13, 2015
Ian
The hotel is in a great location, staff are very helpful and attentive. Quite good breakfast. The only thing, the hotel needs a refurb. No free WiFi either. But if you want some place to stay for a night while sightseeing in Valletta, it's a good choice.
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2015
Anastasia
My room was remodeled and fresh, lots of storage it was a good size for the money. Front desk staff was helpful and nice, housekeeping was excellent. You do have to pay for wifi we bought the 2000 minute package for €15 it was good for 5 days which was how long we stayed. This hotel was a good value even considering this extra charge. However the contracted wifi was not good it dropped in and out could not always even send email we had to work while in Malta so this was inconvient. It was so slow one morning I ran a speed test 2.5 mbps download .25 upload. Fore comparison the wifi at the airport measured 35mbps! Malta has good internet many cafes, public places even to ferry to Gozo all had much faster completely free internet.
5 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Not polite to clients"
The worst service I experienced in the last years. Some of the hotel staff lacks politeness to clients.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2015
Ralf
"Convenient location"
The hotel is a short walking distance from the main pedestrian streets and is away from the noisier areas. The room was a good size with a good bathroom. A few small maintenance jobs could be done in the room where a couple of drawers were coming apart. The staff were friendly and generally pleasant, however when we asked about making a call to Indonesia the man at reception said the call could be made from the room and it wasn't expensive. A relatively brief call was charged over 40 euro, so I wouldn't place too much confidence in their ability to provide accurate information and would try to get information elsewhere if I stayed there again. For example, one of the people on reception maintained that you only needed to dial the country code to make an international call and 00 wasn't required.
Other trip Nov 12, 2015
Stephen
Lovely hotel in great location. Would go back for sure. Just be aware that the €5 paid at the front desk to get a taxi is hotel's commission and will not be knocked off the fare, despite what they tell you.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Booked on line while in malta, great choice handy for bus station and all sights
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Alan
"Lovely hotel"
We were in Malta for a friends wedding. We stayed for a week in the Osborne Hotel. We couldn't really fault the hotel. It was in a very good location and very clean. The only downfall is that you have to pay for Wi-Fi which is a bit ridiculous.
7 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Perfectly placed"
Within the walls of the old city of Valleys, but quiet, clean and comfortable. Lots of excellent restaurants nearby. Particularly recommend Pallazo Preco.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Perfect location and very good service!"
Overall very good experience. The reception, housekeeping and maintenance staff were very friendly and pleasant. Breakfast and dinner in the hotel are fantastic.
2 night family trip May 26, 2015
Donwil
"Valletta"
excellent Location helpful staff and very good breakfast
7 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
We were there for a minimal amount of time but were impressed by the hotel's cleanliness and the attention to detail. As a renovated old building, there are limits to what can be done to enlarge rooms or washrooms, but if you want an ideal location just inside the remarkable city of Valetta, this is it.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Could do better!"
Room rather small although that is the building itself. Cold weather meant we needed extra blankets which was a bit of a battle; nobody new where to find them and there were no duvets. No underblanket,which was surprising. Air con/ heater was so noisy it had to be continually switched on and off to maintain temperature. Some staff really helpful but one or two seemed to have no knowledge of the hotel at all! Having said that the restaurant, bar ,lifts,TV ,reception area were all fine and The Osborne is perfectly placed for sightseeing so worth considering,particularly when the renovations are completed.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Excellent value for money hotel,no complaints everything was good
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
gary
"Nice hotel in central Valletta"
We stayed 3 nights. Room was cleaned. The street was quiet, but very central in Valletta. Really close to Bus Terminus. We stayed is low season. The staff were really kind and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
carolina
"Hotel Osborne Valetta - Feb 2015"
Great location for exploring Valetta. The Hotel is in a quiet side street but only a few minutes walk from the main streets/ sights. Staff friendly & helpful. Some work going on to update the hotel @ Feb 2015, but not intrusive. Hotel has a nice feel to it - more like a large villa with a nice 'sitting room' inc small bar. Good value - I would recommend.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Jeremy & Karen
"Excellent location"
The Osborne is in a great location for exploring Valletta and is 5 minutes walk to the bus station so it easy to explore the whole island. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Lynda
"Simply a Very Good 3 Star Hotel"
This Hotel is conveniently located near the heart of Valletta; making this a perfect base for a short City break. And there is plenty to do and see. We arrived far too early for our room, but were allowed to check in and leave our luggage at reception. We then acquainted ourselves with the city and had a light lunch. When we returned we were given a simple twin room with a pleasant street view. Comfortable Beds, with Tea/Coffee making Facilities, TV, and an Air Con unit (which would be much needed in the Summer time). The compact Bathroom has a good shower, toilet, wash basin; supplied with more than enough towels, toiletries, mirrors and a hair dryer. The breakfast was included in our package and we found it to be acceptable. A standard Hot and Cold buffet, with plenty of everything and not rationed. The Hot food is kept warm using a bain marie, which we found made the egg products a little rubbery, when we came down latter one morning. We found Ronald on the front desk was a font of information and helpfulness. The only negative experience is the Wi-Fi. Supplied by Ozone and purchased at reception using prepaid cards or online. It was patchy, slow, expensive and cumbersome. (The routers probably could do with regular maintenance to clear out the buffers.) So, we have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone and hope you enjoy it as we have
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Stevan
"Good hotel in old part of Valetta"
Although the hotel was refurbishing the disruption and noise was minimal. Good standard of comfort at a good price. Wifi available. Small bar/lounge.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Clive
"Good hotel for the money"
The room was fine. The coffee at breakfast was probably OK if one took milk and sugar
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
WILLIAM
Stayed here overnight to see the sights of Valetta. Nice hotel & staff but appalling food, Dinner was hard pork chops, potatoes & frozen peas & 2 choices of fattening cream & alcoholic laden puddings- the sponge which the chef(!) said was semi fraudea or something. I could produce better catering. Breakfast not much better. Would not eat here again. But the room was very good with facilities/comfortable.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Comfort & Good location"
Location was great for visiting Valletta, the waterfront (restaurants) and the bus terminal (Essential to enjoying Malta & Gozo). Room was comfortable but had very little light with one window in the corner.
5 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Sean
"Hotel Osborne, Valletta, Malta"
Wanting to stay in central Valletta this hotel was a good price/quality compromise. The location is good on a quiet road near the airport bus stop and a short walk from Valletta's main shopping street. I liked the style of the building and it was nicely decorated inside in a relatively modern and unfussy style. The gentleman who checked me in was informative and friendly. My room was aright, it didn't have a view except into a light well and the sheets, although washed, perhaps were washed in an overloaded machine. The bathroom was pleasent with a good and powerful shower. Breakfast was included in my room rate and again this was alight, perhaps a little 1970's in style, but then, most of the hotel guests were in their prime in the 1970's too, so it was perhaps a well targeted breakfast proposition. Other than the room and breakfast I didn't use any of the hotel's facilities so can't comment on them.
2 night trip Dec 19, 2014
Alistair
"Review"
Easy to find, a short walk from the centre of Valleta and the main bus station (direct routs to the airport), reception busy when flights are checking in/out, no heating in the rooms but has air-conditioning and tea making, bathroom cubical small but usable, limited TV channels, generally quiet area, helpful staff, roof pool is fairly small and closed during conferences, bed a touch soft, some rooms have a small balcony, generally a pleasant place with quick access to the town's fortifications and other tourist sites.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"Disappointing hotel with dreadful food."
I booked a short holiday as a special treat for my husband's 65th birthday and was really disappointed as I was expecting so much better after reading other reviews. When we arrived they couldn't find our booking, and we were left waiting for about 40 minutes while the receptionist tried to find our details, when all we wanted to do was go to our room after travelling all day. If they had apologised just once it would have improved matters, but they didn't and just tried to pass it off as a joke. The room was small and very basic, the bathroom tired looking and with mould growing on the ceiling and chipped tiling. There was also a smell coming from the drains. Downstairs, the lounge was quite pleasant and the bar staff were friendly and helpful by contrast. On our second night we decided to try the hotel resturant. We wondered why it was nearly empty when we had struggled to find a nearby restaurant that wasn't full, but soon realised why this was the case. The food was plentiful and very cheap, but the quality was awful, possibly the worst meal I have ever had, and wasn't able to eat it. The waiting staff did not ask why I had left it uneaten. The following evening we went to the Phoenicia hotel restaurant, and had a wonderful meal. The hotel is fantastic. Do yourself a favour, pay a little bit more and stay at the Phoenicia, it's well worth the extra expense.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
debbie
"Lovely hotel"
Warm greeting when we arrived by the nice old gentleman on reception. The room was nice, spacious and done out nicely. Had to pay for wifi which I was a little disappointed with. Breakfast and dinner was perfectly pleasant. Good location, would recommend if staying in Valletta
3 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Victoria
"Poor hotel with mosquito laden rooms"
Although the hotel is well located and the staff try and do bits and bobs but the hotel is full of problems. We checked in at 0300 in the morning as the flight was late and then the car rental at the airport was delayed and upon arrival we were offered a room which had no windows, the air con was not working and the bed sheets / pillows were unwashed, dirty and blemished. We felt so suffocated in that room and there were doors being banged early on in the morning without any concern for the guests. The next day however we were offered a second room though only on our asking but it was from the frying pan into the fire. The room had a mosquito nest behind the cupboard / wardrobe and both of us have ended up with very painful and swollen itchy bites - me with around a 8/10 bites and my other half with around two dozen bites - al of which we have taken photos off. Worst still, that night we ran out of drinking water and I called the chap at the reception if the hotel could bring us a couple of bottles of water from the pantry and he rudely told me that he could not and that I would have to go to the 6th floor to the vending machine. As I was in my night suit, I again requested him be he rudely refused saying that he cannot leave the reception under no circumstance. I ventured to the sixth floor in my night suit and found that there was no vending machine inside the sixth floor nor were there any signs. I had to go down at the reception to ask and I was rudely again told to go
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Mfifi
"Very welcoming and friendly"
All staff at the hotel were very friendly and welcoming. The only problem we had was when we had an evening meal in the hotel . We found the head waiter rather rude on that occasion and not concerned with giving his clients a good time. We had a lovely 4 days away with sunny weather and lots to do. The hotel osborne was well placed for the city of Valetta making travel and transport very easy. Overall we really liked the hotel. The only area of concern was the large marble step inside the lobbyist's. We both fell over this on occasion, with no alcohol consumed! We feel this step should be more clearly marked.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
irene + Rich
"book elsewhere if you can"
this is the first time that i got very disappointed with Hotels.com because of the information.on this hotel. the location was quite a walk to Ledra. infor on smoking permission was not correct. i smoke and since the info on Osborne gave a smoking option, i immediately took it but when i got to the hotel, they said it's non-smoking! i should have continued my stay in Phoenicia then, where a balcony was provided! since i already paid for it and cannot refund, i stayed! they said that i can smoke outside the window which was ok for the night! then when i woke up in the morning, i saw black water coming out from the bath tub drainage! Yuck! another thing, no complimentary water and internet is for a fee! the only thing they said that all these, Hotels.com knows!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
PH
The osbourne has been refurbished since I was there in 2008.stayed in two seperate 3nt stays. Both rooms were great size and comfy beds.very good size bathroom.quiet mostly as not a main road. 5 mins walk to centre of valletta and that is if you are slow. breakfast was ok. Had worse but nothing to worry if missed. Usual things available from a buffet breakie. Well topped up all the time even if you are late down you wouldn't miss out. most staff ok bar one on reception.she may have had a bad day but...... still feel best option in valletta.not cheap and they still charge for internet.bit old fashioned and should be part of the £100+ per night charge.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
clive
"Disappointing"
My standard room was very small and Pokey with barely enough room for bags and towels, the split AC unit was extremely noisy and in a very poor condition (broken louvers and dirty), but if you did turn it off the noise from outside in the central atrium was even more unbearable, an industrial hum 24/7 from large (not maintained) outdoor AC units, I was in a room at the back of the hotel with a view overlooking this dirty and dingy central atrium (as were plenty of other poor saps). No fridge or minibar (unless requested days in advance), water can be purchased from a vending machine, that’s it; food very average. For the price I’d expect much better than this. Plus points are the rooftop pool (very small though) and the location. I won’t be going back; but if your only interested in the local architecture and history and aren't too bothered about sleeping this is the place for you.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Excellent location"
Staff friendly and helpful. Ideal location to explore this beautiful island.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Centre of valletta v groovy"
Great location. Clean friendly v good value. Decent airco.Nice roof terrace. Proper double bed would have been nice tho. A small point. Overall excellent hotel . Thoroughly recommended
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
baz n gill
"We upgraded to a room with a most superb view."
Probably as good a location as you can get, so long as you benefit from a room with the most impressive view. We didn't eat at the hotel, since there are so many good retaraunts nearby. I would seriously recommend that anyone contemplating staying in Malta that they use Valletta as a base. Frankly it is a sophisticated city and infinitely nicer than some of the other more brash modern resorts.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Hotel close to Valetta centre."
Breakfast is good and efficiently managed. Evening meals are alright but vegetables are overcooked.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014