All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America

Room is not nice
"just okau"
Okay hotel needs updated
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2016
"Cheap if that's what you're looking for"
The room was spacious, but the bathroom was old, tub wasn't clean. The bed was uncomfortable, internet was slow. Prince was cheap but I didn't extend it and went to another hotel
2 night trip Mar 17, 2016
Arash
"Better then sleeping in a car or on a bench."
This hotel/motel was awful. The place looked like it should be condemned.... it looked almost derelict. In one unit the roof was collapsing in. There was trash around the property and it was obvious from the huge amount of leaf litter that there is no sort or gardening happening. We were told at reception the hot-tub was closed for painting - to be honest we wouldn't have gone anywhere near it - it was on an island in the carpark. The bed was hard and the single $1 pillows no better. The room was noisey from all directions. We didn't see any sort of bug, but took precautions and bought 'clearance' clothing with sleaves and legs from Walmart to be sure. The wifi was utterly useless during busy hours and even at 5am this morning, but then everybody was probably awake like us waiting to checkout and head anywhere else. The place was probably plush in 1981. Spend more and held elsewhere!!
Response by Sun God Lodge
Hi Scott. Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry your stay wasn't up to expectations. As new managers here we're aware of these issues you bring up and are wanting to fix them asap. Customer comments help us prioritize. Thanks again.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
scott
"Will not return"
Room was tiny; remote did not work; coffee maker did not work; toilet tank ran all night; bath towels were size of napkins.
Response by Sun God Lodge
Hi Patricia. We're sorry this happened. As new managers we're aware of these type of issues and the work that needs to be done here. We appreciate the feedback so we can fix it. Thanks again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2016
"Cheap stay"
It was a top ten rated motel. Maybe 20 yrs ago but not now. The roof on the original motel is falling down. The separate building I stayed in was fine. It was newer and room was clean. There was no breakfast & no amenities.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
gw
Front desk clerk was excellent and very helpful. But this hotel is old and not kept up at all. The light in the room and outside did not work. There was a bothersome noise from the ventilator in the bathroom that kept me up at night. The key to the room only worked intermittently. I was very disappointed in my stay overall and would not book here again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
Cathy
"Don't stay here...crooks"
I checked in but there was no heat or hot water. They said they would move us to another room. She said she checked and it had heat and hot water. We went out for a bit then went to the room she said was good. There was still no hot water. Went to the office to ask what we needed to do and the office was closed with a sign that said motel closed do to water issues. I contacted Hotels.com and they contacted the motel. They refused to give our money back so Hotels.com sent us a $40 coupon to use on another visit. It didn't cover our cost but it was better than nothing.
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
DONNA M
Of you're just looking for a bed to sleep on without spending too much; considering the alternatives. This place is quaint and serves that need. The staff is only available between 8 and 9 pm.
3 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
"It was convenient."
I was not aware there was no air conditioning. The night was miserable, my allergies made it hard for me to breathe. The TV would not work properly.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
not too demandi
"Almost, but not quite."
Looks better in photos than real life. Grassy courtyard wonderful. Looks like owners are milking just putting in the minimum amount of maintenance.
3 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
mark
"Probably won't stay here again."
We have stayed here before. We know the Lodge is not convenient to much of anything in Taos but have stayed here because the price was reasonable, the yard area is very nice, and because of our small dog. ( $20 fee, which is kind of a lot considering the shape of the place.), This time our room was under the stairway, hard to get light or fresh air form the window. The air conditioner was extremely loud but didn't work anyway, the carpet was yucky, the place is literally falling apart. Even the hot tub was out out of order. We were very disappointed this time, maybe the place is under new management. Regardless, we won't be staying here again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Deb
"Won't be back......"
Won't be back. This property has potential, a fixer upper if you will. However, where they could have compensated with great service, they missed the mark on every level. Stayed for three nights and made requests of the front desk staff each day on issues that could have easily been corrected yet no effort was made until our last day. The room had simple amenities like in-room coffee service, but they never refilled the supply so we had coffee on the first morning but that was all. Coffee was available at the front desk but no lids, so we couldn't easily take it with us. The toilet leaked, the main light fixture wouldn't work, the hot tub was broken and from it's appearance, it hasn't worked for a long time. Weeds, trash and somebody else's storage trailer parked directly outside our door was just too much.
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Disapointed at Sun God"
The room was as shown in the ad. However, the mini blinds had been damaged. To prevent anyone from looking into the room, a newspaper page was taped to the window. Why not just fix it? The grounds were lacking in care and upkeep. There were weeds knee high in most of the flower beds. What a disappointment. This motel could be really great with some care and a little work.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
CLINTON C
"Mixed feelings"
Room was cute and charming. There was no AC, which wasn't so bad for September, but still very warm. Was supposed to be a hot tub but it was closed and full of leaves (outdoor) so i doubt it gets opened much. Building was run down. Night reception staff was friendly, morning staff not so much. Think we could have done better.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Kathryn
It's getting old. Stayed there occasionally 15-20 years ago and will again.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2015
"good trip"
All was good...enjoyed the girls in the office very very much
2 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
"Never stay here again."
Pretty tacky. I have never been in a room with all the lights on that was so dark. We asked where the ice machine was and were told they didn't have any ice but might get some later. Saw only one other car there.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Dorothy
Old, old motel - not up to standard. Shower control didn't work. Needed a good cleaning around edges of the room. Would not stay there again. Not worth what it cost.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"good little place"
It was great
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
Salina
"Softball Life"
This hotel was horrible. My wife was woken up by a bug crawling on her, and my boy spent the morning killing bugs while we got ready. I asked for a refund and the frontdesk lady said we have to waite for a manager. we just left and lost out on the night. we checked into the sagebrush hotel for $10 more a night and that was great.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
manuel
"I the place is falling down"
No air conditioning,no ice,half of the place has yellow tape because its falling down
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Not good. Hot day and no air conditioning. Had to open windows and let the air blow theough to cool us down. Needs to be updated badly!!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Rumaldo
"Nice management"
Manager and other staff very helpful and asked often if I was comfortable or needed anything
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Tammy
"What a bargain."
Clean unique hotel. Excellent room rates. Found no problems with cleanliness and comfort. Breakfast ok
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
joan
"Not recamended"
Ice machine, hottub, remote for the TV none of these worked. Also the blinds wouldn't close properly when I tried to close them manually they were very dusty. There was no information in the room not even info. about the hotel or how to get a hold of the front desk. This was my third time at this hotel and my last.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Ann last stay
"Unfortunate"
The front desk lady was very nice. Be aware not all rooms have A/C and I had to move to get it. The room was dirty, had not been vacuumed in a long while. Remote for TV did not work and was never replaced. No ice machine, had to get ice from the front desk cooler, no big deal, but the office is only open 8am-9pm. Beds are very dated and uncomfortable. Reception on cable TV very snowy.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
carlos
"great customer service and spacious room"
The Sun God Lodge was one of the few rooms in Taos with an available room and we were grateful to find it after our previously reserved room did not work out. The room was clean and a suite with kitchenette and seating area. The hotel manager provided excellent customer service. However, there was no pool and the hot tub was not available because of "lightning?" The grounds were rather shabby, but that appeared to be pretty typical for Taos.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Old and in much need of repair"
The motel is in very poor condition. The room had inadequate lighting and an old television that did not work. The exterior was in much need of repair or beyond repair. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Teresa
Stayed for three days and was quite comfortable. Very well located for food and attractions.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
IT WAS GREAT.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
SYLVIA
"Have to have Taos Java"
Front Desk and General Manager where very nice and helpful in getting my family a comfortable room after Expedia made their first mistake in the 12 years I have been using their website. Coffee shop right across the street got our day in Taos started off right. Exceptional espresso and delicious breakfast burritos.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
MTB TX
"I recommend them without hesitation.............."
EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY esp if you have business across the border. It is less than a mile from the border. The staff is very helpful and responsive. The rooms are very good sized and the breakfast made someone who doesn't eat breakfast, eat it. The potato's are yummy! I need to return for at least two more trips and will definitely be staying there.
4 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
gwen
"Place of quaint comfort and charm"
I had had a previous bad experience with day before my arrival to obtain some reassurance. Ruben, the manager, answered the phone call and immediately put my fears to rest. I knew that if I arrived at the Sun God motel and there was a problem that he would take care of it. The Motel, in and of itself, is aging and quaint, but for me and my traveling mate, this was really nice. The grounds were nicely kept the cleanliness of the room was good the little kitchen that was serviceable, although more items would have been helpful in some food preparation. There was no air conditioning in the room, but it was not necessary, as the windows open and the screens were sufficient. It was nice to have real air flow in the room. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well . Even though we were on a main road , due to the setup of the rooms, traffic was not a problem and it was really quite quiet . The only element that could have been a problem for some was the shower did not allow for easy bathtub fill up, but it was not important for us during our stay. The staff was excellent in helping us find things in and around Taos. We really had hoped to extend her stay another day, as we have had such a pleasant time there. I am going to remember this place for futurevisits to Taos.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Martha
"So sad, as it has just consistently gone downhill."
I have usually stayed here when in Taos. It has never been great, but was ok and relatively inexpensive. This hotel needs major renovation soon, some rooms are already condemed/unfit for habitation. The bed was really hard and w/ only 1 window and no air conditioning, you can imagine how hot it could get. I can accept a lot less than most people as far as comfort and even I will never stay here again. Staff was friendly, but it wasn't enough.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Hotel too old ! Needs. Improvements
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
inez
"Southwest charm"
Hotel staff very accommodating and friendly. Room and buildings have a southwest charm befitting the town. If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay a few days, this is it!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Pleasant room and charming staff"
Reasonable rates and very pleasant time. The staff was very friendly and charming and upgraded our rooms to ones with more space and a view of the mountains.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
lauren
"Go back to the Route 66 feel"
Quiet - okay for an overnight stay. Its an older motel and shows it but the staff were friendly. Its not in town but close to restaurants.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Susanne
"Not terrible"
An OK hotel if you plan to be out for most of the day. No smoking rooms which I liked, but you can smoke right outside the door so you're forced to close your window and lose that beautiful clean air you had coming in. Bathroom sink water pressure was barely there. Fine in the shower and in the kitchen sink. Hmmmmmm. If you want ice, you need to go to the office, which, if you're all the way in the back of the hotel, is a bit of a trek. Other than that, the staff was very nice and accommodating. The price was very good, but now I see why. I'd look into other hotels in the area first before heading back to SGL. It's not terrible, but I know there's better.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Taos. If your there you probably have a old hippy"
It was for the Taos solar festival. I usually stay in chain hotels which Taos has very few. But that is why Taos is special. I took a chance and I think I made out quite well. The rooms are unique and southwestern with nice little details. Ruben the host is cool and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Warren
"Cute hotel, friendly staff"
Very cute motel. Friendly staff. No AC, which is commonplace in Taos, but was a shock to my southeastern dwelling self. It has a lot of personality. I would return!
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Carrie
"Nice Taos Hotel!"
Great staff! Very accommodating. So friendly. I would recommend to all my friends!
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Pass it by!"
No AC . Horrible parking lot, small bed. Highly disapproved . Do not stay here! You ll be sorry
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Misleading hotel details"
strange place and position to get a connection. I found that standing in front of the tv with your iPad or device propped up on the console would actually give you a 2 mbps speed. The cable was pretty much non-existent. About 13 channels that came in with a signal on the1992 Zenith comparable to that of 1988. And that was when it was actually working, part of the time it was just snow on the screen. The shower had very little pressure. It was also flooding the tub while my wife was showering so she unscrewed the drain only to expose 100's of baby spiders scrambling out. There was no ice machine on the property. If you needed ice you had to go to the front desk where the attendant would take your ice container back behind a desk and break up a few pieces out of a bag from a convenience store to fill you up half ways. I love Taos which I have been coming to for 35 years now. I have stayed at other hotels, some around the same price range and some at a higher rate. Next time I will definitely either return to some place I am more familiar with or go to a place after reading the reviews better. Especially considering the misleading details of Sun God Lodge.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Good but needs a way to air cool room."
Rueben at the front desk was great. My room was so hot with no air conditioning. Even a chain lock that would have allowed me to crack the door open would have helped. As a single woman, I wasn't going to just leave the door open. Otherwise, the room was fine.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Clean, Friendly, No A/c"
The staff was great & friendly, always going out of the way to help, the room was clean and well kept. The court yard/grass area was great to sit during the evening and enjoy. The weather way nice which made not having air condition tolerable, but shame on me for assuming that every Hotel would have a/c.
4 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Bobby
"Taos basic with charm"
Friendly, clean with comfortable bed that fulfilled basic needs. Would caution as seasonal temperatures increase that cooling in rooms might be a problem.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Janet
"I'd stay again."
For a older hotel the sun god lodge is doing a great job. Also may I add out of all the hotels I've stayed this one was very quiet.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
dianna
"Nice for the $$"
Nice hotel for the $$$. Manager very and staff very friendly.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
morrison
"An absolute gem"
Terrific place at very low prices. The only amenity lacking was an air conditioner, but an open window and ceiling fan worked quite nicely. This might be an issue in a heat wave. Other than that, everything else was pretty much perfect. Shady, grassy central area was nice. Southwestern decor very cool, too. Bottom line - save yourself some money and stay at this very quaint place.
Other trip May 31, 2015