All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here919 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"easy access"
our hotel was in a good location. since Taos is small, it was not a far drive from the plaza. the room was decent but the bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked. the grounds are pretty and well manicured.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Scabies"
Uncomfortable beds/bedding that also gave us scabies! What a nightmare. Liked the size of the rooms, but that was about it. Would not stay here again.
1 night trip May 5, 2014
"Something different."
Normally we stay in close to the plaza when we stay in Taos so we can walk to the various restaurants etc. We decided to try a a different location and chose this lodge by previous reviews and by the price. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The room was actually a suite with plenty of room. It was clean and although it could use some updating it was a pleasant stay. It is within walking distance to a local restaurant which has a pretty good breakfast and a gourmet hamburger place where they serve beer and wine. Most other restaurants will need to be driven to. We will stay there again should the opportunity arise.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Hotel"
Hotel was very nice and clean the room was great just what we were needing. The bed was comfortable take your own pillow that would prolly only be the worst thing.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Hot Child in the City"
The hotel is cute and homey, and affordable for Taos. The heat was on in our room when we arrived. We turned it off and went to eat dinner. When we came back and the heat was still on. We saw that the baseboard heater had been disassembled by a previous guest, but was still pumping out the heat. The front desk was closed by the time we realized that the heater was not going to turn off. In the morning, the front desk was still closed when we left at 7:45. No coffee or danish if you leave early. The shower was also had lousy water pressure. This place has a lot of potential if things are functioning.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Had fun"
Shower pressure was a tad too low
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Great plsce"
Only thing we didn't like was the water pressure was too low
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Ann
"As advertised/reviewed"
Overall a good value. Housekeeping was a little sketchy; clean in the middle, hit and miss around the edges (they left my used paper/plastic cups from the night before as well as ice buckets with melted ice), but generally worth the price.
4 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"It's OK...that's all I can say."
The hotel is older and the rooms are small. The room was cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. My room wasn't made on the 2nd day of my stay because "housekeeping called off". If you expect to check out early and get a receipt, that's not going to happen. The office is closed. It appears that the Lodge is run by family and they were very nice. A little more professionalism would go a long way. Overall, it was OK if you're just looking for a place to spend the night and explore during the day.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Imagine sleeping on a bed made of cardboard"
I really wanted to come away from this experience saying how simple, unpretentious and sweet our room was (because it was), but there was a problem that interferes with my being able to say that. The problem was the bed, and we didn't understand the problem until we got into the bed late at night after being out for the evening. This was the most uncomfortable and unwelcoming bed that my husband and I have ever slept in. FYI: We camp and do fine on the ground on a thermarest pad; we're both world travelers and can make do with a variety of travel conditions. This bed was rock hard; no give whatsoever. Like bundled up cardboard inside old fashioned blue & white ticking. (The blanket was pretty ancient and unattractive, but we could deal with.) The mattress was about 6" thick, certainly no more than 8"; the likes of which I haven't seen for about forty years. We couldn't sleep in any position without being uncomfortable. In the morning I went to talk with the manager of the hotel. When I mentioned the mattress, there was another hotel guest standing behind me who chimed in: "Our room had a brand new tempurpedic mattress. It was great!" The manager proceeded to tell me that since he bought the place he's replaced 50 of the rooms with great new mattresses. We had stayed on a Sunday night. There could not have been more than 10 cars parked at the hotel. "Well, why didn't you put us in one THOSE rooms?" I asked. He didn't have an answer.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Elena
"Great staff, location, a plus for TAOS"
Went for a spiritual retreat, close to the hotel. It is in a good location and the staff great, room was so clean comfy, JUST Amazing including PRICE,!!!!!
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Lucia
"Clean simple accomodations"
I was very satisfied with the room for what it cost
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Nice comfortable bed. Nice sized room. Strong smell of perfume when entering room. Had to air out the room before we went to bed. Plumbing was loud. Had a good nights sleep, and worked out well for the price and what we needed.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
It was alright...
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2014
"Convenient Taos location"
The sun god lodge is conveniently located just across the street from wal mart, the front desk clerk was very helpful giving dinner recommendations with a local flair. The hotel was less than a mile off the highway to the ski slopes and only took about 25 minutes to drive to Sipapu ski lodge
2 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Gavin
"It was just OK"
So so!
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Good Price and Location, Poor WiFi"
Stayed during a trip to Taos Ski Valley. The down side is that you have to drive all the way through town from the ski area, which can take a long time at 5 PM. However, it's a nice, although older, motel. If WiFi is important to you, don't stay here since it's very unreliable. Otherwise it was clean, quiet, and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Stan
"Felt like a B&B"
We sincerely enjoyed our stay at the Sun God Lodge and will definitely stay again when we make it back to magical Taos!
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
Californian
"Needs cleaning"
To sum it up in three words.......Housekeeping, Housekeeping, Housekeeping. The hotel as a whole was nice i.e. location, staff, layout. The major problem was other than making the bed, don't expect anything else. We were there for 2 nights, on our second night we noticed that housekeeping had been to our room only to make the bed. The trash was full, the floor dirty and no towels were avalible as they were still in the laundry at 4 PM.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Had an excellent stay"
The hotel staff was great, especially the front desk manager Aaron. He made us feel totally welcome and dealt with us like we were his own family. It's staff like him that makes a hotel attract customers. The rooms could use some work, but overall the management were excellent. Had a great stay, thanks guys and thanks Aaron indeed!!!
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Salar Malik
"Great service"
Aaron was very welcoming and efficient. Very professional and personable. Nice court yard and dog friendly!
1 night trip Nov 12, 2013
DD
"Decent hotel, lousy bed"
This hotel had probably the worst bed I have ever slept on. It was broken down and literally had metal springs that you can feel all over the surface. Also there is no hair dryer provided in the room. That is pretty inconvenient as well.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Cozy?"
As advertises, the place is cozy - so much so you can't even walk around the bed.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
Nice hotel, friendly atmosphere. But, coffee pot was dirty and broken. No batteries for tv controller. Wifi was unavailable. Reasonably priced. Would stay there again if these issues were addressed.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Jill
Good value, clean and well furnished room...location a bit far from Taos. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
"Taos *****"
Taos was very nice place to visit. The Staff and Owners were very friendly and greeted us by our names. Would have been nice to have a little fridge in the room, but we got by. The room was clean, we just had to ask to have the room vacuumed. It was very rustic, but nice. Wound we stay there again, I would have to say yes!
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
S & L
"Nice location easy access"
Room was nice and big, bedroom was also nice and big. Very dissapointed on how clean it was, need to move furniture to clean and behind doors. Blankets had hloes in them.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Danny
"Taos in the Fall"
This was a family visit to Taos. Beautiful weather & we had a great time!
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Taos' Ambiance Reflected by The "Sun God""
For the very reasonable price, we expected a "Nice room". This WAS FABULOUS ! The Decor and Ambiance of the mix of Native American and Mexican Themes made us feel like we had stepped into another time in a very peaceful place. The managers were Superb, Helpful, and Extremely Friendly. WE WILL RETURN, Again and Again.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
Two Retired Educators
We have stayed in Taos before, and we felt this was one of the best motels in which we stayed. Will DEFINITELY book here again. Excellent and friendly staff.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
nils & lynda wikner
"amongst beauty"
we enjoyed our stay. the quality was a welcomed experience, thank you.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
The rooms were clean and interesting decor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there again. L. T.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
L T.
"Pleasant Surprise"
I arrived and the desk staff was polite and helpful. My room was in the back lower level of the complex. Although the complex was full the area was very quiet. The room itself was nice. Though not large, there was plenty of storage space, the bed was very comfortable and the lighting was ample. The bathroom was very clean and there were plenty of towels. I was happy to find a ceiling fan to help circulate the air and there was no need for the air conditioning. Though this is an older complex and not "fancy"it is well maintained and comfortable and a good value for the budget. The only negatives were the ice machine was a hike across the complex and the television set in the room was rather old (but it worked well). I was comfortable and enjoyed my stay and felt I made a good choice for the $$ I spent.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
J
"Sun God Lodge a good choice."
Overnight. Easy check-in. Nice folks. Lovely older facility nicely kept up.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Perfectly nice clean hotel with comfortable beds and some local flavor.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
AC
"Unclean Hotel"
Room was not cleaned very well. I found mold and mildew. The bathroom hadn't appeared to be clean either. The hotel had very poor wi-fi, which resulted in days of lost work. The staff told me that reason I had poor wi fi was because of the location of my room. I mentioned that I needed it for my business...they DID NOT offer to move to another room. It also appeared that the filters had not been changed in awhile.
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
Anthony
"Very friendly staff."
The folks at the sun god were very friendly and nice. The maintenance manager was quick and helpful in finding a remote control for the tv. I must say that the rooms were clean but, the ceiling fans were very dusty and they were your only manner of cooling the room.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
G Man in Colorado
"Good value if you don't mind ...."
The rooms are somewhat small but clean.. The lighting is inadequate.(2 small lamps and no overhead lights.) The two queen sized beds in our room were comfortable. The bathroom was clean but a little outdated. (small, no convenient electrical outlet, tub/shower had no friction devices nor any handrails) There was not much storage area. (20 inches of clothes hanging space, small desk drawers ) Staff very pleasant and knowledgable. If you are looking for probably the best rates in Taos and the above do not bother you, this is the best value in town,
5 night trip Sep 8, 2013
W.T.
"Great town, nice people."
Visited Taos for a wedding. Michael's downtown was great for breakfast!
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Never again!"
I booked my room thru Expedia then called the motel to make sure I booked a pet friendly room. The man who took my call was very nice & even reduced the pet rate of $20 a pet to $10 which was great since I had 2 dogs. When we got there the woman at the desk told me they did not have a pet friendly room & there was noting noted on the computer saying I booked one & of course no info on a reduced rate for the dogs. She would turn he computer to face me pointing to it saying there was no such notes! Very rude. She came up with a room finally but it was the worst night sleep ever. Bed was terrible, police came & searched the empty room next to ours, everything was bad.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Bo
"Nice very little place"
This is our budget little place to stay in Taos. The folks that run this place are really nice. The place is old but well maintained, peaceful (not easy to do when you're across the road from Walmart) and remodeled very cute. We've stayed here before and will stay here again. Thanks, Gaspar & Co.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"fobs get away"
was very good
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Will never stay here again."
Worn out mattress, noise from adjacent rooms, pot holes in parking lot, no air conditioning, ceiling fan too noisy to sleep under, no drapes, light entering room all night thru the blinds, old lumpy pillows, leaking tub faucet, over priced. Not a convenient location to Taos plaza.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Staff acknowledged right away that the room I had reserved was unavailable due to a mechanical problem, but placed me in another room that was still nice (albeit no AC). They also offered to move me (without me asking) for the second night. All in all, front office staff made the visit a good one.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
"This hotel is beyond outdated."
I booked a deluxe room, what I got was a very old, miserably appointed hovel. The bath tub was very small and the shower put out less than a meager drizzle that alternated from tepid to cold. There were no drapes on the window. The wall mounted air conditioner was extremely noisy and basically ineffectual. The TV was right out of the 60's. It appears that no one has told them about flat screens or HD TV. While other facilities offer breakfasts, this location has a small coffee pot and a few soggy granola bars. The ice maker in the far front of the property was able to produce three or four ice cubes per hour. The hot tub was a miserable rectangular hole in the ground. I will go back to Taos often but I will never go back to this dive.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Great Deal for Adobe Hotel in Taos"
Had a wonderful time in Taos. Happy with our hotel stay. Enjoyed the tile countertops in the kitchenette and the tile floors near closet area and bathroom. Very big and roomy. Peaceful stay for a Fri and Sat night in Aug. Tried a unique cucumber/lemon drink offered at the front desk, had no sweetener and it was actually tolerable.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Crystal
"LOOKS NICE ON THE OUTSIDE"
I WOULDN'T STAY THERE AGAIN. TINY ROOMS IN NEEDS OF MAJOR UPGRADES. OLD TV, DIRTY CARPETS, ICE MACHINE NOT EASILY ACCESSIBLE.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
MARLAINE
"Fun and funky!"
The yard and the landscape of the motel is lovely, the interior is adequate for sleeping and rest, not really for 'hanging out' because the room with two queen beds was small. However, that being said, one gets a feel for a prior era and "Taos' funk.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Nice place to stay for the night."
Friendly check-in, helpful. Office is closed at night - opens only at 8:30AM. Not practical if you are an early riser. Breakfast is extremely minimal.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"UN responsive on site manger"
No hot water in the morning....management was told - said it would be hot son...it was not....Manager says he had ongoing problems w/ pilot light.....So, if he knew about the pilot light problem - then he gets up at 0500 and checks it...and not wait until somebody complains...
Other trip Aug 23, 2013