All hotels in Big Sky, Montana, United States of America
47214 Gallatin RoadA quarter mile south of MT 64, Big SkyMT59730United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad amenities
    Food is not good
I am a person who requires minimal conveniences at a hotel. I just like a clean, comfortable hotel. However, our stay at the Whitewater Inn was disappointing. They shut the pool down for 3 days because a kid went to the bathroom in it. My son was really looking forward to the pool and was very disappointed when each day he was told that the pool wasn't ready. Our bathroom door didn't lock, the kleenex box was left empty for all 3 nights of our stay, every guest has to slam their door in order for it to shut completely, there is no free wi-fi: the hotel mooches off of a nearby resort and the signal is very weak, the curtains in the room were dusty, the corners of the carpet were also caked with dust, when items run low at breakfast, they are not refilled (we came down to breakfast at 8:00 with 2 more hours left to spare before they stopped serving breakfast. Most of the breakfast was already picked over and never replaced during the 45 minutes we sat there. This happened all three mornings of our stay). Some positives: hotel is easy to find, plenty of parking, nice lobby, plenty of hot water.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
beachbum
"Hefty service fees."
Adequate. The price was right compared to similar hotels in the same location, until a hefty service fee was tacked on. Booked for $125/night for 2 nights, charged $100+ for a service fee.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Marilyn
"Good location and views"
The hotel is a modest building but the problem was the cleaning service, I stayed 3 nights and they never cleans the bathroom. The utility room doors open so you had to see the mess every time i walked to my room.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Meche
Very nice hotel with nice pool and good location near Big Sky and Yellowstone.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Needs an overhaul!"
Staff were helpful and location is fine, but needs a remodel. Carpet torn and frayed in room, old style TV with no channel guide. Continental breakfast was out of most everything by 6:45am.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Rod
"Hotel could be nice but was not cleaned"
This hotel is an hour's drive from West Yellowstone (over a mountain). We thought it was closer to West Yellowstone. When we arrived at 11 pm, our room had not been cleaned from the previous guest. The bed had been made over dirty sheets with hair on the sheets, Room had not been vacuumed. Sink and floors were dirty. The staff did change the sheets for us and gave us the first night free. This could be a nice hotel, but the housekeeping staff is terrible. The second night we found a dirty towel under the bedspread. All in all, terrible.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Kristin
"Didn't get the room we booked."
We did not get the room we had reserved about a month in advance. Ended up in a "smoking" room, that really stunk every time we walked into it.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
X
"Location, location, location!"
We were very pleased with our stay at the Whitewater Inn. There were some minor issues with our room condition ( green color on TV, but who had time for TV!) and the sink stopper didn't function correctly. Other than that I'd recommend this facility to my friends. I was looking for an affordable, family-friendly hotel near Yellowstone NP and I'm happy very with the results.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Didn't get the room I booked."
I booked a "double queen" "non-smoking" room about a month in advance, through Expedia. When we got there, the front desk clerk just stared at the three of us, and said we were booked for "ONE queen bed, through the fault of Expedia." I showed l him my confirmation e-mail stating my original request. He did manage to get us a room for five nights, but it was a doubling queen SMOKING ROOM - that REALLY STUNK!!!! Whether it was the fault of Expedia or not, sure won't be booking through them again; will go straight to hotel and they will have no one else to blame when we arrive.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
X
"Less than average"
Musty odor. Marginal cleanliness. Less than normal breakfast selection.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Monte
"not close to attractions"
Too far away from Yellowstone gate (we were told was only 30 miles)
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great service"
Excellent service - very nice room
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"1-night business stay"
Staued in room 224 from 7/16-17. Faound old hair on my pillow from the previous person sstaying thgere. For $147/night you expect better. Terrible breakfest sellection. I stay in allot of hotels, but this was the first time I have had this happen. This hotke used to be better when Big Sky did not own it! I will not be back.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Geir
The staff at this facility has no idea what customer service is. Very rude and they don't seem to be engaged in what they are doing at all..
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
Mike Grotjohn
Nice comfortable stay
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Nilesh
"Great one night stop"
We had a great stop here on our trip between Glacier and Yellowstone. The staff was very friendly, the pool was great, and the room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Yellowstone NP vacation"
Reasonably priced motel for this summer area. Quite a drive from W. Yellowstone, but the name Big Sky lived up to it's name. Had a good time enjoying the environs and learning about the N.P. Came back just to rest. Altitude high and did get headache on Day 2, so slowly recovered to resume the vacation experience. Front desk people were very nice and helpful!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Gloria
"Nice hotel, a bit isolated"
We booked late for Yellowstone, so this was the most reasonable as close as we could get. It was a 40 minute drive to the park. Other than that, room was clean and quiet, staff was extremely friendly, the pool with the huge slide was great!
4 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Marita G.
Overall it's fine. The shower head is difficult to use though.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Excellent place to stay and not a lot of options."
Very cordial staff, especially front desk. Excellent place to stay - clean, well maintained. No elevator but really only two floors. Price was one of very few reasonable places to stay in this ski town.. I would stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Bruce
"Good family hotel with waterslide."
Nice staff and comfortable hotel in good location. Staff even turned on water slide just for us prior to our departure.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Traveling Family
"Decent hotel but not in West Yellowstone as I thou"
At 9:00 at night no one answered the phone. Driving that late at night to the hotel was a bit nerve wracking. The breakfast bar was good and my daughter loved the indoor pool and slide. The staff was friendly.
Other trip May 26, 2014
brooke b
"Not great"
Our bathroom floor had ash on it, even though it was a non-smoking room. We asked if we could be moved to another room because there was a smoke smell in the room. We were told no because there were only two rooms open and those were expected to fill up overnight.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Skier
"Warm & Cold"
The weather was -30 degrees F. The stay was exceptional even without skiing Big Sky. The pool is big enough to swim laps, the pool and spa are well cared for. The breakfast was good and the entire staff friendly and helpful to the point of helping us bring in our luggage.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Sue
"Concert stay"
After driving further out then expected our hotel room was not very clean. Garbage and a nail on the floor. Food sauce left on the table, soap bar in shower, and crumbs in our beds. Not a very clean room.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"This was a really easy going hotel to stay at."
Pretty much badassary, they had beds, pillows, and blankets, and with a little hot tub, water slide, and an amazing nights rest I was able to handle a full day at Yellowstone. Would hit this hotel again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Excellent value"
Although this establishment would be considered "economy class" by its cost, there are many indications that they do not skimp on providing very good accommodations. For example: 1. The wash basin faucet was leaking a bit. I mentioned it to the person on duty and it was fixed in less than an hour. 2. The staff was very helpful and responsive. 3. The free breakfast was good. Even the plastic utensils were better -- they didn't bend or break when used. 4. The laundromat was clean and in good condition. The soap vending machine didn't dispense the box of soap but the front desk immediately provided a refund with no hassle. 5. The shower soap provided was good quality, with substantial size.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
Rich
"Not bad but not good"
We got this hotel because of the water slide which was not working the whole time we were there. The rooms were relatively clean but they need to check under the beds (that was gross) but it was a nice quiet hotel and the price was right. If we go to Yellowstone again I would stay there. Just don't be expecting a lot, the breakfast is limited and the most staff is not very helpful with the exception on one guy that is at the counter but over all its not to bad
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"It is a nice stay in Whitewater Inn"
To travel in Yellowstone national park, the stay in Whitewater Inn is the best choice.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Close to Big Sky, MT"
Friendly and helpful staff. Large indoor pool. Clean. Close to Big Sky but 45 miles from West Yellowstone. No tours to Yellowstone from motel after Labor Day. Had to drive 45 miles one way to get tour of Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. Great motel for the price but if you plan on touring Yellowstone after Labor Day stay in West Yellowstone, MT.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
Pat
"Decent hotel close to everything I was there for"
My room was clean and orderly, happy with my stay.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Nice Hotel with an excellent staff."
The handle for the shower was broken, so the shower wouldn't work. It was fixed the next morning. The staff was great!! Maintenance was there the very next day. So as far as I'm concerned job well done! They even offered to switch rooms but we declined. The staff did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. And it was. However, the continental breakfast was sad to say the least. If you want a decent breakfast plan on going out. Still, employees don't control the breakfast, that's on the owners. A big thanks to all the hotel employees!
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice Hotel with an excellent staff."
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Whitewater Inn is a Great Bargain"
I stayed for several day at he Whitewater Inn earlier this month. In an area where you can easily pay hundreds of dollars per night, the Whitewater Inn is a Great Bargain. The room was large, the bed was very comfortable, there was always plenty of hot water, the staff were unfailingly polite and helpful, and best of all, the staff unfailingly told me where the best food and drink could be had at the lowest prices!
3 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Hap
"It wasn't what I was expecting"
I pick hotels based on their rating. This was rated excellent. I'm not sure if they put us in a "discount" room because we paid a discount price, but it was not excellent. There was mold in the bathroom, someone else's items in the refrigerator, no batteries in the remote, coffee but not a coffee maker and stains on the bedspread. This will not be a place we'll stay again.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Nice hotel with great staff"
We went in september and used the hotel as our stay to visit Yellowstone.We ended up staying extra night.Also there is the possibility to do all kinds of activities at their close by mountain resort.We went zip-lining and it was great fun.The staff is great and the location is beautiful! (45 min from west entrance to Yellowstone natl. park
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Ed
Great!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Great service"
The motel was very clean and the rooms spacious with modern décor. We rode our motorcycle and trailer through road construction and picked up some mud. We asked the desk attendant if we could use the outside water hose to wash off our bike. He said "Sure - no problem". He even turned on the water for us. Now that exceptional service! We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Ron & Mary
"vacation"
The rooms were clean it is a 2 star and there were a few problems a little water damage in the bathroom had not been fixed yet. the staff was knowledge about the area. the breakfasts were great!` the pool was a lot of fun specially the 90 ft slide and hot tub. I would stay again for the price a value
3 night trip Aug 20, 2013
"Great place for a quick stay"
I just stayed over night after visiting Yellowstone National Park before I had to drive back the next morning. It was a perfect little place with the right amenities at the perfect price for such a stop. The room was big, mostly clean (one of the pillows had a stray hair left from a previous guest), beds were comfortable and the inn looked well maintained overall. I did not have much time to take advantage of the pool or explore surrounding areas and hence can't comment on what it would be like to stay here for more than 3-4 days. Seemed like a nice little place though and would recommend it.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"Too far to Yellow Stone west entrance"
Service was very good, breakfast were just muffin, apples, oranges, bagels and boiled eggs, and yogurt. The room was pretty good size but carpet was dirty and smelly. When we checked in it looks like someone was using the room, the bed sheet was dirty, so we used our own bed sheets. This location is too far to the Yellow stone west entrance, 45 miles away. There were no eating area/restaurant nearby. Outside of the Hotel is a construction storage.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
aspire
"Great service"
very friendly and helpful staff. Great place to stay. We came to visit yellowstone , but after staying at hotel and driving near by , I want to explore Montana -- looks like a beautiful place.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Better than it looks"
This was a very nice, clean and friendly resort. They have a nice indoor pool and a small workout room. Hotel was not far from the town and the staff was very friendly.
3 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
Krista
"BEAUTIFUL AREA"
COMFORTABLE ROOM, EXERCISE ROOM NICE BUT NO TREAD MILL. BREAKFAST GOOD BUT NOT A WIDE VARIETY.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
HILDA
"Very Attractive. Comfortable."
Excellent accommodations. Good service & amenities. Pool facilities a plus for families with children.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"45 minutes from Yellowstone"
Good price Good staff Extra large room the drive to Yellowstone everyday was a bit much.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
I tried to call the office from my room and there was no answer, so I went to the front desk: there was no one at the reception for a long period of time and several newly arrived customers were waiting. When the receptionist finally arrived, she did not even apologize.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Monique G.
"Very clean and staff is courteous"
Strongly recommend this hotel for family vacation Pool is clean Breakfast is not excellent but quite OK
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Great fun"
This hotel was a bargain compared to others in the area, and they had a 90' waterslide -- an absolute blast! What fun it was. The mattresses were a little hard, but the shower had good water pressure, which I think is more important. My only complaint was that we found the previous tenant's shampoo and conditioner open in the shower, and were missing coffee cups. Seems their attention to detail might be slightly lacking. Overall, however, a clean, friendly, comfortable hotel with a SUPER FUN waterslide in a lovely area of Montana.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Joan R
"Best price, nothing fancy."
Our stay was great, however a few things were a miss. I'm not picky when it comes to a hotel, as I usually choose by price. The breakfast service was very bad, but could be an easy fix with a bit better foresight by managment. Basically there just wasnt enough food ready for the amount of costomers (which there were not many of). The pool was brilliant for the kids, lots of fun had on the slide. With a bit of repair and better management this hotel would be top notch, for the price. Either way for the price per night I paid, I would not hesitate to book there again.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2013