All hotels in Karon, Thailand
7/1 Ketkwan Road, A. Moung, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice location"
walking distance to Kata or Karon beach. Not too far from Phuket Town. Recommend renting a Scooter!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Speed
"This hotel could be excellent"
Hotel staff nice, rooms are obsolete. Overall stay was OK, but returning to the room (aged loud, sick air conditioner, no hot water) made us feeling a bit uncomfortable.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Tamas
"Honeymoon getaway"
Stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent hotel. Service was great, room was comfortable with a beautiful view, and their restaurant was delicious. 10-13 minute walk to the beach, many cheap massages next door, and a 5-10 minute walk to many restaurants. Definitely recommend this hotel to any couples on a honeymoon
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Ok for the value of the money paid"
If u have ever experienced 4 and half stars hotels u might be disappointed by this one as I was. I choose the resort for chilling out in the resort, catching up some sleep and hoping to get a good rest from my busy schedule. Room was tidy but very old and dark. Pillow terribly uncomfortable same as the whole bed. Air conditioning very loud to sleep with, without was too hot. I simply did not get my needed rest as I was hoping. Bfast was ok cause i like veggie, but not a cappuccino or latte not even a green tea. Just black tea and brewed coffee which Im not a fan of. They wanted me to pay extra for green tea in a 4 and half star resort which is unneceptable. I tried fish for my dinner in the hotel and was delicious. Pool area nice, staff approachable. If u want a quiet room need to ask for bldg. 4 otherwise u would be disturb by pool bar music playing whole day and at night live music from lobby area. Cause of this i had to change my room.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Daniela
"Never again"
First of all, the stuff doesn't speak English, all they know is "Hi", but they do not say that to often. The check out is at 12, I asked can I stay until 1pm, they said "yes" if you pay $8 (that was after 15 minutes of trying to explain what I am asking). The breakfast cost me $13. For those of you that you are very happy with the swimming pool, I came here because of the beaches and weather and nature, not because of pool. When I want to go to swimming pool I go to Hungary.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Excellent place to stay in Kata beach!"
We had a great time staying at this resort. The pool/deck area is beautiful, room was great, location had the benefits of not being in patong beach, but being close enough to it. Not being in Downtown Kata, but being a quick walk to the strip and the beach. Happy hour was great too. Excellent bar-staff.
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Away From the Hussle of Bangala Rd"
This hotel is not in the main busy area of Bangala Rd. Its a quieter spot which is nice. Only 10 mins away from the busy Bangala Rd. The hotel resturant was excellent shame it took us so long to work this out as we would have eaten here more often. Prices are good also. So try that earlier than we did. Overall the rooms where very good. Much bigger than your standard hotel rooms and there is an instant wow factor to that when you first arrive. Good for families. I would stay again was enjoyable.
Rob
Walking distance to the beach, very cozy and the hotel staffs are friendly. The design of the hotel is good, but might be tough for the senior cause it has a lot of steps. Only suggestion i have is to install the wifi in the room.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Sabrina
"Far from the central places and beach."
The hotel is better in the pictures. I thought it was in the beach, but is far. The flip floops disposed in the room were disgusted, the air conditioning noising... but what saved everthing were the stall, all them very nice and polite!
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Gabriela
"Clean great hotel"
Would go back loved my stay.the Room with the pool off the bedroom was great also food great
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
ann marie
Great stay, very friendly and helpfull, hotel could do with tidy up but all in all very happy and would go back . Ps food was lovely too
10 night trip Jun 20, 2013
"Don't Stay-bad experience."
We were upgraded to a beautiful suite for our honeymoon. That was great for the first two nites and then we were switched to a standard room. We were charged for ice when it should have been complimentary when we stayed in the suite and despite telling the front desk 3 times to remove the charge, they failed to do so. Also, I have emailed the hotel 3 times to get these charges removed and have had no response. We also called the nite before to schedule a taxi to the airport. They told us no problem, simply check out the next morning and there will be a taxi. What really happened is that they didn't call the taxi until we checked out and we couldn't get a taxi and nearly missed our flight because the hotel woiuldnt do anything until our bill was paid despite them having our credit card on file. Our checkout experience was very unpleasant and stressful especially not knowing if were going to make the first of our 4 flights back to the states. Would never stay here again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
Sara
"Best breakfast buffet."
Best breakfast buffet ever.Breakfast will last us the entire day
Other trip Oct 24, 2012
Pechy
"Value for money; bad on maintanance and service"
Nice hotel in a good area, espacially if you compare it with Patong. Good for familys or people who don't want busyness. The rooms are nice, clean but they need a lot of maintenance. A lot of small things are broken or not fitting. The pool is great. Wifi internet was problamatic, because it cut off very often in the room. Breakfast is not worth the star rating and should be served on a better way. At the end of the line; for this money it's good value. But don't expect a spotless 4 star hotel; there are to many small issues that are annoying. The staff doesnt' speak good english - which is not unique in thailand - but even the manager had trouble to make clear what she was saying.
5 night trip Aug 27, 2012
Hugo
Hotel was adequate - room was good. Location was ok, 15 mins walk to the beach - so hire a bike.
10 night trip Jul 20, 2012
Buce
"Great hotel for a vacationer"
My experience at ALPINA was wonderful. The staff was friendly, responsive and eager to help. The food was fantastic, . The resort is located close to many shops and restaurants. I definitely recommand this resort to anyone that is traveling to Phuket. I can't wait to go back myself.
Other trip Aug 20, 2012

Excellent staff and will return in a few months....
3 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"Great Hotel and great service!"
The hotel staff was incredible nice with us. The food was very good as well.
5 night family trip May 6, 2015
BARDO D
"Good for the price"
Staff were friendly, quick to help us with any requests. The pool is nice and it was quiet when we stayed. The room was spacious and comfortable, but in need of a bit of redecorating. Good location, 10 mins walk to Kata beach. All in all a decent option
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Not as nice as the previous stay, 2 years ago."
So impressed in the stay 2 years ago, we returned. Unfortunately, it did not meet our expectations. The hotel itself remains in a lovely location and is picturesque. However, the room felt a little "tired". Also, the hotel staff, with the exception of the guy who ran the pool area/bar, seems less approachable than during our previous stay. There was no hospitality/welcome evening, as there was on our previous stay. We missed that because it gave us the chance to meet some of the hotel staff.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Very good hotel, slightly let down by the food"
We wanted a hotel which would suit two criteria: quiet and comfortable enough for recuperation (for me) after an operation; and offering enough comfort and facilities for my partner, who could afford to be more active. The pool was an enormous asset, which we both enjoyed (especially my partner) but beware quite a lot of kids. We made sure in advance that we had a room on the first floor above ground, after initially being given a 'direct pool access room'. After my op I wanted a greater degree of privacy than I guessed that would offer. Good guess - the only difficulty arose with the fact that what in England counts as the first floor, in Thailand is the second floor (using the American numbering system). We overcame that problem though. The food was disappointingly repetitive at breakfast and of medium quality and flavour, although some of the hot meals (despite being unusual early morning fare for the English) were delicious. We only ate once in the restaurant and found the quality of the ingredients decidedly average. The staff were again a huge asset - friendly, polite, helpful: not one person failed to smile or welcome us. When a couple of things went wrong with the room (the safe malfunctioned, the electronic door key failed, the jacuzzi produced dirty water) the staff immediately sprang into action and resolved it. The massage in the attached spa is to be highly recommended. And the travel agent in the lobby was helpful, advising and booking two great trips for us
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Dawn
"Good central position to town & beach"
Friendly staff, good facilities, excellent breakfast & happy hrs!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Overall a great stay, only negatives are the size and equipment in gym, which aren't sufficient and the timing of the daily cleaning- late cleaning means no clean towels! But would still recommend hotel.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"This is by far not a 4* hotel more like a 2*"
Worst hotel iv every stay at this hotel was more of a 2* then a 4* i had a number of things wrong in my room of witch i bought up with this staff and manages i was told they would move me into another room each day i ask and was told the same this happen for a week i was booked and payed up for 2 weeks at this hotel, till in the end i left the hotel and i had to book in at another accommodation i was not refunded. And when ask if they could they played the game that they cant speak English / understand English, i am from England and have live there all my life. i travel a lot for work and have to stay in hotels often this hotel is shocking, and with the way they treated me. I was on my vacation and don't get meany holidays a year where i can get 2 weeks off, i felt with this hotel i was put in there worst room maybe because one i was traveling on my own and 2nd i had over heard that the hotel was over booked. i would not recommend this hotel to anyone its ruined the first part of my vacation
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
C
"Hotel is nice"
I had a wounderful experience in this hotel every thing was perfect , shuttle bus to the up and down to the beach every one hour which is take almost 5 minutes , wounderful to the families and honeymooners away from the hassle , I stayed with my family of 5 in one of the villas which had its owne private swimming pool and spa , it was just excellent experience , I highly recommend this hotel
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
askar
"God staff, friendly and helpful. Great pool."
I had broken my leg prior to arriving in Thailand and the staff were very helpful at all times. We spent a lot of time in the hotel as we couldn't get out as much as we wanted. We had a poolside room which was great. The room & the pool was clean and the attention from the staff was good. I had a massage every day and the girl (Joy) who did that was very professional and helpful. Not easy with a broken leg, but she helped that too. A good restaurant over the road as well. Easy to get taxis. Whilst a lilltle dated, we felt it was good value for money.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Kevin & Mary
"best rooms"
best rooms are pool access starting 2101. you get sun most of the day and view to 3 pools. close to pool bar and grill. we had some very noisy neighbours partying till 3 am. went with our grandson, so it wasn't appreciated. but its not hotels fault.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
son
"only for a cheap rate"
Service was hot and cold. First room had a leaking toilet. We down graded room after 4 days with a new booking only to be told there was no available room after the confirmation so the had to move us around over 3 days till one was available. When rooms are been made the door is left open for mosquitos to feast on us through the night. There are allot of mosquitos given the amount of water around the resort
7 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Nice pool, atmosphere, but rooms could be tweaked"
The hotel is in Kata beach - half-hour away from the main action. The breakfasts were great and pool is amazing, but the bed was hard and only supplied with one pillow each. Two things stuck in my mind from my stay - I requested an extension cord for use in the room and was told a flat "do not have". I also asked the hotel to arrange a taxi for me who promtply told me to "just get one outside". As the taxis are extortionate in Phuket I thought the hotel could negotiate a better deal. Aside from that, the hotel (seems to be a favourite with Russians) was very relaxing and seems to be great for families.
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Hotel was clean an good location!"
We stayed there for one week, we were doing a bit of travelling, an on our honeymoon an said we'd stop off in phuket, stayed here an was so relaxing an at night was so peaceful. Absolutely no problems just perfect an would recommnend this hotel to anyway one!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
dev & sara
"Nice pool, decent location, kids stay for free."
We stayed in Alpina for three nights with a tween and a toddler. The first day we were given a room in Block 1. The view eerily overlooked murky river waters and ugly concrete buildings. The rain pouring down didn't help the overall atmosphere, which was anything but the bright and happy vacation feeling we were looking for. On the second morning we asked to change rooms, and moving to Block 2 made an amazing difference. We truly enjoyed our stay. Our room had two queen size beds pushed together to one enormous double bed, which was perfect for co-sleeping family. Don't expect this to be a five star resort - it isn't. In fact it barely lives up to four stars, but come here with the right expectations, and it's a lovely hotel.
Linn
SG
"Great pool!"
I stayed here with my 10 year old son. Clean tidy spacious room. Friendly staff. Room service food was very good and reasonably priced. Awesome pool. Free shuttle to Kata Beach (which is also an easy walk). My only gripe would be that the WiFi was patchy and slow. I would stay there again. Great affordable stay for family.
Danni
"Great location, huge restort!"
We had a pretty good experience from start to finish. We stayed in one of the Deluxe suites which was massive in size and more than enough for 2 people. The food was great - both the breakfast buffet and the room service. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the english barrier with the staff working the desk at night time. But nothing that wasn't easily sorted with the morning staff. I would recommend this resort to anyone & everyone wanting to stay in Phuket. There was Wifi in the entire resort which I noticed wasn't the case with a lot of the other hotels in the area.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Nat
"Nice hotel in a quiet location"
Hotel is situated in Kata ( about 10-15min walk from Kata beach). Room was very comfortable and hotel staff spoke pretty good English, some better than others. Would recommend eating out though, the food is ok at the hotel but better food is outside.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Jacqui
Greeted by a porter to take our luggage on arrival, got complimentary drink and hot towel while checking in, free wifi useful, staff very friendly and helpful, place was very clean and tidy, food was a reasonable price, could order to your room, however drinks were a bit expensive at just over £2 or 100 THB for a small can of beer
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Roger
"Good location, good view."
Hotel has good location, staff couldn't speak much English so it's hard to get info. I don't understand why others think it's wrong to complain about staff not be able to speak English? Sorry but I don't go learn Thai so I could have 2 weeks holiday in Thailand. Need to improve on room service, staff don't clean the room very well. Any info I need, any complaint I have, no one could understand so it's very frustrated.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Lyly
"A very relaxing stay"
Nice, clean rooms. Beds were a bit too hard for me but peace and privacy was always respected. The spa onsite was amazing. Would recommend to stay for sure
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Sunny
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
It was a nice hotel but very far away from all the main attractions we spend over half our spending money on taxis! Really nice for someone who is just looking to relax. Nice beach near by. Not much thai food at the resort anyone in phuket really. I find it strange that there is more thai food in Australia then there is in Thailand
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
arby
"Great short break"
Excellent three day rest fantastic room. Bit of a walk to the beach but there is a shuttle bus every hour. Plenty of good restaurants around.
5 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
stephen
"Just what we needed."
We wanted to stay for a few nights somewhere where we could relax after a lot of running around Thailand. Pool was great and it was about a 15 min walk to the beach - but the hotel also offer a free shuttle if you dont want to walk. Some nice restaurants within distance as well. Breakfasts were good and varied everyday.
5 night trip May 9, 2014
"Alpina hotel"
Very nice hotel try and get a swim up room, much nicer! Only down side was you did feel quite a bit out of town!
7 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"Good hotel for price"
Late check in good,room was functional good size,bathroom good size,good breakfast at restaurant ,the beach transfers were good,but me being an early riser was out the door before the first trip.swimming pools are good size with lots of sunbathing ares.stay here if you don't want to break the bank.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
pete
"Good service and facilities"
Only suggestion would be the bed matteress was a bit too hard
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice and clean hotel, staff was friendly and helpful. I had pool access room which make my stay more special. You dont have that much options for breakfast but still ok.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
sepi
"Most helpful staff"
From the moment we checked into this hotel the staff were extremely pleasant & helpful. Room was lovely and spacious with a nice pool view, was in a good location with only a short walk to the bars and restaurant's. Would definitely stay here again :0)
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
LozzaK
"Beautiful Hotel, gorgeous gardens & pool"
Alpina Nalina Resort is a beautiful hotel with a large (deep) swimming pool, gorgeous gardens and very friendly and helpful staff. Some of the rooms are in the process of being renovated as they are beginning to show their age in some places. There is a buffet breakfast provided each morning which has a large variety of good food & drink on offer with a nice relaxed atmosphere. It was never a problem being seated as the hotel seemed quite quiet. The spa on site was very good and I could quite happily have visited it every day for a different treatment each time. The treatments we did try as a family were the Thai massage, the coffee scrub and the Aloe Vera wrap which was just perfect after a day in the sun! The location of the hotel was very handy for Kata beach (about 10 - 15 minute walk) but the hotel also provided a shuttle bus to take guests every hour. It was just a short walk to nearby restaurants, shops, bars, massage parlours and tourist operators offering day trips etc My only complaint about the hotel would be the extremely uncomfortable beds. The mattresses are so hard I could barely move in the morning because of my back pain. To be fair when we asked reception if they could try to resolve the problem, they did their best but unfortunately putting an extra cover on top of the existing mattress just didn't help. Pity! On the whole, it's a lovely resort and I would definitely go back.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Lynne
HK
"Decent hotel"
Stayed here a few years ago and came back after a positive experience. Unfortunately the hotel has gone downhill rapidly since my last stay. Mediocre food, indifferent service and rooms that are really starting to show wear and tear. Decent value for money, but especially due to the bad service we received at the hotel I will not stay here again.
3 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Opinions"
There isn't any English channels except for CNN . The advertising said free movies but wasn't true. Room was a long way from lobby. Overall it's tucked away from any shoping and I would not recommend it to anyone
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
ross
"nice"
Very good overall, being used to 5 star I had to accomdate for fairness of raiting. For a 3.5 star hotel it is more like a slightly old 5 star with 3.5 star service. Good, not exceptional, but still good. Would happily stay again.
4 night trip Feb 26, 2014
King nelley
"Spacious rooms"
Best thing about the Alpina was the enormous rooms - 50 sq metres for a standard ("classic") room with space for luggage. The bathroom was enormous with two sinks and a shower enclosure nearly 2 metres by 1 metre with a corner bench. The decor may not suit modernists (a lot of Thai style dark wood) and it does need a lick of paint but I've rarely had so much space. It's a large hotel split into blocks surrounding a massive pool. We were on the top floor and it was nice and quiet as the corridors are open to the fresh air so not echoey. Also it's up a quiet road away from the traffic of the front. January guests were mainly couples with pre-school children. Staff and tour desk were friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were good but we ate out most of the time - just one evening meal at the hotel on day of arrival which was fine. Good value - I'd definitely stay there again.
5 night trip with friends Jan 12, 2014