All hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
141 Nguyen Hue Blvd, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad internet service
needs tlc . they have let it go.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2013
"great hotel"
nice staff - great location downtown - I loved the rooftop bar and restaurant
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Hotel are near to activities"
This is my 3rd time staying in this hotel and I am very happy with it. Breakfast is very good with so many choices. Staff at front desk, restaurant, and room services are all very polite and helpful. Overall, this is a hotel with good value.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Alex
"Lovely Hotel - Terrible Management"
What a lovely old hotel in such a great location. However our stay was completely marred by the management's decision to have a TWO day Halloween party in the courtyard of the hotel - complete with a blazingly loud rock band that played until 11:30 pm EACH night. It was absolutely impossible to sleep - with the booming bass sounds reverberating in our room. Why management would think this was a good decision to host this party at the expense of its paying guests is beyond me. Too bad.
4 night business trip Oct 31, 2013
C King
"Rex hotel"
Great location. Staff were very polite. English could be a little better but made up for in their warm personalities. Patio breakfast was great!
3 night business trip Oct 6, 2013
Rob C.
"Public areas old,new rooms,breathtaking cafe views"
Public area is somewhat old, but rooms good - i had new room (reconstructed), everything was new and amazing, except for no hair dryer. Price is atypical for such level. Windows were into inner yard, but they were fogged as outside was reconstruction. Althouogh don't know if they will change glasses back to transparent. Staff ultra friendly, breakfast restaurant really has breathtaking views, plain yoghurt is killingly amazing. 80% of guests are non-Vietnamese/non-Asian. Outdoor swimming pool was kids', but they are simply reconstructing large one now.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Victor
Me and my parents stayed at the new wing. Everything was great.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Janice
"Dated and felt kind of cheap"
The hotel really was just fine. I just wouldn't stay there again. But I'll doubt I'll ever make it to that crappy city again. The people at the front desk were nice and spoke English fine. The first thing that hit me when I got to my room was the dingy smell, because who knows how long the AC had been off before I arrived. Luckily it either went away or I got used to it once the AC was running. Furniture was kind of old-timey and the bathroom only had a shower. The bed was ok...seemed old and uncomfortable. The location is ok. Look out for the motor bikes!!!!!!!!! Bottom line more like a 3 1/2 star.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
"Very nice hotel"
The hotel is very central and has a fantastic roof top restaurant. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Andres
"great location but poor service"
do not expect 5-star quality customer service but the location was excellent. you can walked to pretty much anywhere. Roof top bar was just ok, expensive ($10+) for watery cocktails and it seems like a young kids party place. If you want a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, then this is not the place.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
"Last night inVM"
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. We were checked in quickly. I felt a little uneasy, because we had just travels 6 hours on a bus & were kind of grubby. We did go to our room, which was very, very nice. I was so glad to see a bathtub. We went down for dinner in the cafe & the service was great. However my fried veggie rolls tasted like they had been fried in old grease. Then we went to book a train for my daughter. The concierge, was very rude. My daughter had researched the price for taking a train & his cost was twice as much. When she ask him about it, he got very indignant. He kept slamming the phone down, after he would call the train station. We went back in the morning & he had us talk to another man. They gave us 3 prices. I paid for the most expensive one. When we got the ticket, it was for the 2nd priced one. Then we were going to the VN War Museum, when we told the cab driver where we were going, he told us it was closed from 12-1:30. I feel they probably knew this & didn't tell. I was to it would cost about 200,000, it was 350,000. I didn't like the way they disrespected us. I have stayed I plenty of 5 star hotels & have never felt this u comfortable. The breakfast was nice, very traditional VM food.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
"pleasantly surprised"
I stay at the Rex regularly and always stay in the new section, but this time I was moved to the remodeled old section and put in a junior suite. The room was great, the bath was still a bit small, but overall the room was fine.The staff are always very friendly and professional.
1 night business trip May 26, 2013
bobthai
"Most Excellent"
I stayed only 1 night in the new wing. Wish I stayed longer, but it was a quick business trip. The best hotel I ever stayed in period and the best breakfast. Watermelon Juice was great!
Business trip May 22, 2013
"Excellent Hotel in a great location"
I stayed in the new wing, can't comment about the older section of the hotel. My room was outstanding.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2013
"Best of the District 1 Five Star Hotels"
The Rex is a beautiful, newly remodeled and expanded hotel, right in the heart of District 1. I stayed in the new wing, which has all of the modern amenities. Service is outstanding and courteous to a fault. Breakfast buffet is plentiful and varied, with Asian and Western dishes alike. I have stayed in other top hotels in the neighborhood, but the Rex is my favorite by far.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2013
JWH
The hotel room was basically nice and clean, but service was lackluster generally and the internet connection was hit or miss. You should not have to drag your chair to the other side of the room to get decent connection.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2013
"Outstanding hotel"
I would not think of staying elsewhere. The location, service, amenities, history, and charm of the Rex are not to be matched. Upgrade your room as it is worth every penny, and stay in the new wing.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"and the pedicab, neat, but get the mask first"
Lovely feel/ambiance. Not the ostentatious/cold of the very, very colonial tall Raj places. Only five stories (good). Was upgraded two levels, from Urban to Executive for no reason I know. Roof bar kinda cool. Breakfast included is unbelievable. Near everything. I would go back here always. So I would say one would be very plaesed. They arranged our My La (sp?) tour and the very, very nice expert tour of the fabulous Ben Thanh market. Class terrific.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Harry
"best location with clean room"
very central of the city easy access to everywhere. Hotel are clean.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
"Great hotel for business, traveler and so on"
I stayed 3 nights for my business trip. The hotel is very clean, convenience and bell-boy was very helpful. I had some thing bought from local shop, and they re-packed them for me, so I can easy bringing them ( become one-pack) to the airport. The staffs always smile with very good attitude.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
Ha Nguyen
"Great Comfortable Stay"
Never thought my stay could be such a comfortable one especially on business trip. I will come back again for it whenever i could booked it to suit my itinerary.
3 night trip Jan 28, 2013

"Rex Hotel, an excellent choice for your stay."
We chose the Rex for our 5 night stay in HCMC and were not disappointed. We read many of the previous reviews on this website before making our selection. The hotel has a rich history but with modern updates. The roof top restaurant and bar,pools, and gym were all enjoyed. The breakfast selection is immense so be sure to book with breakfast included. Yes you may have some noise in the evening from the house band playing their selection of sixties,seventies, and eighties favourites but the shut down at 11pm sharp. Our only complaint would be the sound and feel of the weight machines overhead in the gym as our room (421) was directly under them. We got used to it after one morning. The hotel is conveniently located next to Uncle Ho's statue and the People's Committee building. We walked almost everywhere though a cheap taxi would have been faster likely. Don't bother with the hotel shuttle for airport transfers. The green taxis is safe, runs on a meter, and is much cheaper.
5 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
"Good hotel at the heart of Saigon"
We stayed at Rex with our 2 year old daughter. Check-in was quick. The breakfast buffet was great. The location of Rex hotel is virtually in the centre of Saigon so everything was conveniently closed by. The only complain I have is the pool which is not very kid friendly.
1 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
Tanlong
"Good Location in HCM"
great location in the center of HCM city. Hotel was nice and clean and the staff were ok.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Hemy
IL
Very convenient location but hotel is a bit old. Overall its good.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Trip down memory lane"
We were warmly greeted by staff who showed us around and gave us an introduction to what was available since we were booked into the premier suite. It was a very wonderful experience. We chose this hotel because it was the hotel we stayed in 12 years ago when we went to Vietnam for our honeymoon and wanted to bring our children there for memory sake. Very fortunate to see the changes. Only downside was the foot traffic of outsiders and non guests. Also didn't get a room with a view which was disappointing.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
ADELINE W
"Excellent Hotel in Saigon city Vietnam"
We, a family of 4 people, have had our great time at Rex Hotel in the heart of Saigon city. We will definitely come back to the Rex hotel for our next holiday in Saigon city, Vietnam Hugo, Natalie, Nuong & Harry
5 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
hiep van
"Excellent, excellent, excellent - faultless stay"
Faultless! A magnificent hotel full of character. Imagine Raffles in Singapore but much better value for money. I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was quite soft and I had a great nights sleep. Both pools are great, breakfast buffet was really organised and good quality, staff were really attentive. If I come to Saigon again there is no reason to try anywhere else. Good for couples and especially for families. Can't say a bad word.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
N A
"Great Rates at the Rex"
Great location and good all-round service, a great rate provided by Hotels.com
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2015
Ivan
"Andrew's stay at Rex Hotel Saigon"
Staff always friendly and some remember me from previous visits.
4 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
ANDREW
"Great rooftop bar"
A large colonial hotel in a great location.As the hotel has renovation work going on around it be careful about choice of room .We were in room 322 and our frosted windows opened up to green plastic screens covering the renovation work.This meant our room was very dark. The highlight is the rooftop bar with great views.
3 night romance trip Dec 1, 2015
Tina
"The famous Rex"
Good, famous hotel ideally situated near the Opera House. Quirky rooftop pools. My only quibble is the Executive Club. Normally these are on the top floor with decent views. In this case it is a soulless tomb on floor 2 with no view. Service and drinks were ok but the nibbles were minimal (we even had to ask for peanuts). Could try harder.
3 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Simply great"
Amazing breakfast, beautiful room, very happy experience!
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Alessandro
"An unexpected trip... An enjoyable getaway!"
It started as an impromptu trip... Some last minute planning and decided a getaway to HCMC... Saw a picture of Rex Hotel with the prominent City Hall in the background and told myself: "That's the place I wanna stay...!" And it didn't disappoint at all. It excelled in all expectations of a 5-star establishment. I stayed at it's executive suite and got access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea refreshments and evening drinks. Love it's rooftop pool too! The hotel location is excellent too, sitting right in the centre of everything, on one side is Dong Khoi Road, and the other side is Le Loi and Pastuer Road. What more can I ask for? Oh yes, and I tried the hotel's luxury spa too, Cochinchine. It was great and worth the money! I'll definitely stay at Rex Hotel again on my next HCMC visit!
3 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
Wai Kheong
SG
"Excellent hotel in the centre of Saigon!"
Excellent room and surprisingly quiet for the central location. Good pool and gym facilities. Roof terrace bar is a must for a relaxing drink overlooking the main square in Ho Chi Minh. Very impressed with this hotel!
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Georgina
"Not what I expected"
The hotel itself was quite nice and very clean, the service however I was not too happy with. I had booked a room in the executive wing and was told upon arrival that the executive lounge was closed for the whole duration of our stay, we were told to use another lounge instead on a different floor at the other side of the hotel. The second lounge was a small depressing room, with no view whatsoever, the only thing you could actually hear/see were the works going on next door where they are building a metro station. There were no coffee/tea facilities and the food was not impressive either. I'm not sure if this would have been better in their proper lounge but in my opinion it was definitely not worth paying extra. When I did mention this to the feont of house staff they were not accomodating at all, offering us a room upgrade which would have meant changing to a king bed instead of twin beds. In the end they offered us a free one way airport transfer and left a note in our room to apologise. I didn't really feel the service was up to standards for a 5* hotel, if you're not sure where to book I would advise to go for the Park Hyatt or Intercontinental instead as they are very closeby as well.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2015
"close to dining and shopping but a bit noisy"
close to restaurants and shopping malls. breakfast is a bit simple but sufficient. traffic noise can be a concern for sensitive people
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Tsung Tang
"Good value for money"
Most enjoyable having stayed at The Rex Hotel previously. Initially booked for a suite in the new wing but found it too isolated asked to be moved to the old wing which was accommodated and i most happy and content. The Rex Hotel, whilst not the best hotel in VN is well located, provides good consistent service, has good facilities although breakfast is rather dull and boring and in big need of an update, is good value for money and can well be recommended. Enjoy a cocktail on the rooftop watching the activities below as the sun goes down - most enjoyable and relaxing!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2015
"Great stay and location"
It was a pleasant stay
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Marchello
"Visit"
Visiting factory. Great hotel location
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
Matthew
"A classic hotel."
Old world feel in a modernized classic hotel in the heart of Ho Chi Minh. This was my second trip to Ho Chi Minh and staying at the Rex will be automatic on future trips. The amenities and the location are just excellent. Can't wait to go again for pleasure and take my wife.
5 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
Jeffrey
"Central to city"
Lovely older (historical) hotel. Professional, attentive staff. One of the few hotels in this part of the world (that we have stayed in) that has airconditioning to the foyer.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Rob
"Ok"
Comfortable hotel in excellent location. Room service order was incorrect and Internet speed needs improvement. Overall, good place to stay for both business and pleasure.
2 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Bryan
"Well-mannered English-speaking Staff!"
The staff at the counter, tour desk and restaurant, was well-mannered and most of them could speak good English. They were professional when they served us. I found one of the young waiters/supervisor on the 5th floor bar who gave his attention to Caucasians. He would smile at them and when he turned towards Asian customers, his smile just disappeared. The room was on 4th floor and was generally comfortable except for the noise from the bar on the 5th floor which was disturbing since it lasted till after 11pm. Also, the water pressure in the shower area was lacking especially with a big shower head. For someone with long hair, it took a long time to complete a hair wash!
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
"Good hotel"
Great hotel, good location, quiet place to relax
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
HON CHUN
"Excellent location, great quality"
Initially we were disappointed with our room, having been checked in to one of the older rooms in this hotel. But after speaking to the very helpful staff at reception, they moved us without any problem to one of their newer rooms and from that point we enjoyed everything about the Rex. It is in a great location for exploring Saigon and we were able to book an excellent tour of Cu Chi through their very helpful tour advisors. The hotel pools and bars are great and overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A great hotel.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
TFD
"Warm hospitality and service"
I was surprised when front desk called and said they were coming up with a cake to surprise my partner whose birthday happened to be on the day we checked in – totally appreciate the great service and excellent hospitality! The hotel is strategically located within the heart of HCMC, District 1 and is walking distance to many cafes and tourists spots (reunification palace, ben thanh market, skydeck etc). I'd definitely return if I'm back at HCMC.
4 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Jenny
SG
"A little bit of history in Saigon"
It is hard to find any fault with this hotel. The service is really great and the hotel is in a great location. Your best choice in HCM city. The hotel's history is part of the experience.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
NZ
Staty 3 nights. Very good location, neighborhood is nice. The hotel room is OK, seems old. The roof top bar is very nice.
3 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015