All hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
141 Nguyen Hue BlvdHo Chi Minh CityVietnam, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Regular internet service
"Good Entertainmentin the Rooftop bar"
Great place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City. Wonderful staff, nice buffet breakfast to start your day. an easy 5 star.
2 night trip May 20, 2014
Bill Laplante
"Excellent!!!"
I am enjoy the services and the food here, specially is the breakfast. But there is just one thing that the hotel should think of: the hall way where guesses are waiting for the elevators don't have air conditioning. Other than that, everything is excellent!
8 night trip May 1, 2014
We loved the location, close to everything, and the service was outstanding. We were upgraded to a suite, and we could not ask for better accommodation. The water system in the shower needs to be checking, hot water coming out without warning.
5 night trip Mar 2, 2014
James L
"4 star service, 5 star location"
This hotel is one of the less expensive luxury hotels in the Dong Khoi area. The room itself was great, though it was a bit of a maze of a hotel (and our room key didn't allow us to use the closer elevator in the newer part of the hotel). There was also an event in the courtyard that our room faced, which had aggravatingly loud karaoke until 9:30 pm, but after that, things quieted down nicely. The rooftop bar had good breezes, but was quite pricey and was understaffed. The hotel was conveniently located near the opera house, the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, and the Ben Thanh market, as well as other shops and restaurants. Cabs from reputable companies (Mailinh and Vinasun) were easy to catch from the hotel, and it's easy to find for cab drivers.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"city"
all great no problems well run hotel staff all speak english
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Great hotel, location and staff. Service in the executive lounge and throughout the entire hotel was outstanding. Beds were very comfortable and the pillow menu was a dream. We enjoyed our stay!
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
Jen
"Our 5-day stay at the Ho Chi Minh City Rex Hotel"
It was an amazing experience to stay at the Ho Chi Minh City Rex Hotel. Everything, from location to services, is just perfect. Everyday breakfast is indescribably scrumptious. Due to its being lean, fresh and delicious, Vietnamese cuisine is considered one of the best in the world. The Vietnamese dishes at the Rex Hotel proved that's true. One- or two-day stay at the Rex might not tell you all about the hotel experiences, but our family's 5-day stay at the Rex Hotel said it all. Have you ever wished to be a king or president for just one day? Well, for less than $1,000/ day, the one and the only one penthouse-style Presidential Suite at the Ho Chi Minh City Rex Hotel will surely make your dream come true. We strongly recommend the Ho Chi Minh City Rex Hotel to those who have a chance to stay in Ho Chi Minh City. Let's experience the delectable Vietnamese cuisine, the friendliness of the Vietnamese people, the organized chaos traffic, the beautiful historic sites and the uniquely intriguing history of Vietnam. Let's experience the wonderful Ho Chi Minh City at the Rex Hotel.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Duke
"New luxury hotel in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City"
While its layout may be somewhat confusing, the hotel is new, well-maintained and comfortable. It also has two roof-top pools and a large gym. Very comfortable stay, no complaints. Breakfast buffet was nice too.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Sergey
"HCMC in style!"
I had a really great time, this was my second trip to Ho Chi Minh and wanted to stay downtown, I was very impressed... It was great! Highly recommended
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Carlos
"historic"
everything was great, location, staff, room, breakfast. The hotel is a little older, but that goes with the historic photos on the walls.
7 night trip Dec 8, 2013
needs tlc . they have let it go.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2013
"great hotel"
nice staff - great location downtown - I loved the rooftop bar and restaurant
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Hotel are near to activities"
This is my 3rd time staying in this hotel and I am very happy with it. Breakfast is very good with so many choices. Staff at front desk, restaurant, and room services are all very polite and helpful. Overall, this is a hotel with good value.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Alex
"Lovely Hotel - Terrible Management"
What a lovely old hotel in such a great location. However our stay was completely marred by the management's decision to have a TWO day Halloween party in the courtyard of the hotel - complete with a blazingly loud rock band that played until 11:30 pm EACH night. It was absolutely impossible to sleep - with the booming bass sounds reverberating in our room. Why management would think this was a good decision to host this party at the expense of its paying guests is beyond me. Too bad.
4 night business trip Oct 31, 2013
C King
"Rex hotel"
Great location. Staff were very polite. English could be a little better but made up for in their warm personalities. Patio breakfast was great!
3 night business trip Oct 6, 2013
Rob C.
"Public areas old,new rooms,breathtaking cafe views"
Public area is somewhat old, but rooms good - i had new room (reconstructed), everything was new and amazing, except for no hair dryer. Price is atypical for such level. Windows were into inner yard, but they were fogged as outside was reconstruction. Althouogh don't know if they will change glasses back to transparent. Staff ultra friendly, breakfast restaurant really has breathtaking views, plain yoghurt is killingly amazing. 80% of guests are non-Vietnamese/non-Asian. Outdoor swimming pool was kids', but they are simply reconstructing large one now.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Victor
Me and my parents stayed at the new wing. Everything was great.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Janice
"Dated and felt kind of cheap"
The hotel really was just fine. I just wouldn't stay there again. But I'll doubt I'll ever make it to that crappy city again. The people at the front desk were nice and spoke English fine. The first thing that hit me when I got to my room was the dingy smell, because who knows how long the AC had been off before I arrived. Luckily it either went away or I got used to it once the AC was running. Furniture was kind of old-timey and the bathroom only had a shower. The bed was ok...seemed old and uncomfortable. The location is ok. Look out for the motor bikes!!!!!!!!! Bottom line more like a 3 1/2 star.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
"Very nice hotel"
The hotel is very central and has a fantastic roof top restaurant. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Andres
"great location but poor service"
do not expect 5-star quality customer service but the location was excellent. you can walked to pretty much anywhere. Roof top bar was just ok, expensive ($10+) for watery cocktails and it seems like a young kids party place. If you want a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, then this is not the place.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
"Last night inVM"
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. We were checked in quickly. I felt a little uneasy, because we had just travels 6 hours on a bus & were kind of grubby. We did go to our room, which was very, very nice. I was so glad to see a bathtub. We went down for dinner in the cafe & the service was great. However my fried veggie rolls tasted like they had been fried in old grease. Then we went to book a train for my daughter. The concierge, was very rude. My daughter had researched the price for taking a train & his cost was twice as much. When she ask him about it, he got very indignant. He kept slamming the phone down, after he would call the train station. We went back in the morning & he had us talk to another man. They gave us 3 prices. I paid for the most expensive one. When we got the ticket, it was for the 2nd priced one. Then we were going to the VN War Museum, when we told the cab driver where we were going, he told us it was closed from 12-1:30. I feel they probably knew this & didn't tell. I was to it would cost about 200,000, it was 350,000. I didn't like the way they disrespected us. I have stayed I plenty of 5 star hotels & have never felt this u comfortable. The breakfast was nice, very traditional VM food.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
"pleasantly surprised"
I stay at the Rex regularly and always stay in the new section, but this time I was moved to the remodeled old section and put in a junior suite. The room was great, the bath was still a bit small, but overall the room was fine.The staff are always very friendly and professional.
1 night business trip May 26, 2013
bobthai
"Most Excellent"
I stayed only 1 night in the new wing. Wish I stayed longer, but it was a quick business trip. The best hotel I ever stayed in period and the best breakfast. Watermelon Juice was great!
Business trip May 22, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"very good for the money"
My prefered hotel in HCMC
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
Bjarne
"Relaxing room!"
A great stay with good room size & delicious breakfast!
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2016
"Business stay"
Ho Chi Minh is one city full of happy people. That's what strikes you first. The hotel is located in the centre of district 1 and a heritage building. Rooms are great and still colonial or rather French in feel. Good staff and a decent roof top bar.
3 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
Abhijeet
IN
Excellent Hotel in centre of city, midst of restaurants,shopping and sightseeing. Hotel itself had wifi, excellent buffer breakfast and roof top bar with band. Highly recommend this hotel, especially after its restoration.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2016
Julian
"Classic Hotel"
Beautiful, classic hotel, staff were very professional, restaurant and pool very nice, would definately recommend roof top restaurant for food and drinks.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2016
Ian
"Absolutely fantastic!"
What a fantastic hotel this is! So much history as well from the time of the Vietnam war. The rooms are gigantic and comes with a living room and 2 bathroom (we had the governor's suite). Great view of the city from the roof deck bar area also. Central to EVERYTHING.
4 night romance trip Feb 24, 2016
Nilakshi
"Great location great view"
We where there only one night but the hotel was very good. Great location, great view,huge room and a wonderfull rooftop restaurant for breakfast and view.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2016
eytan
IL
"We had comfortable stay"
Everything was great, the bed and pillows are so comfortable.
4 night trip Feb 18, 2016
kim
Overall good trip
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2016
"A worthy 5 star hotel"
A great valentine day experience at the 5 star hotel. It is really worth the money.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Ted
"The Rex"
The hotel was very beautiful with amazing amenities. The rooftop bar and restaurant serves great food. We had a fantastic lunch so decided to come back for dinner. The restaurant was very busy and they didn't have enough staff on to accommodate. I would still come back but the prices at the restaurant don't come with the same service as North America. Fair warning. However the hotel rooms and pool are fantastic.
3 night family trip Feb 8, 2016
Jacquie
"perfect"
our room was absolutely perfect, so was the breakfast selection, the staff were all polite, the hotels location was great with a lot of attractions within easy walking distance, another stay in this hotel alone would worth returning to Ho Chi Min city
4 night romance trip Feb 1, 2016
christophe
"Good location hotel But make sure you stay in a new building"
Our Family took 3 Rex Suites which are in the old building. All the rooms have similar bad smell coming out from the air-cond. the foyer & the rooms need renovation. 2 of the rooms are very noisy each night because of the music from the club upstairs. We complained & moved to a premium room in a new building the next day, The room was A bit smaller but clean & new !
3 night family trip Feb 8, 2016
SG
"Beautiful 5 star hotel in the heart of HCMC."
We really enjoyed our stay st Rex. This is a 5 star hotel. Close to everything. Fantastic rooftop terrace and seperate rooftop pool area.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2016
Julieanne
"don't be so pushy"
I want to give special thanks to the hotel management team for remembering my birthday. The birthday cake and card left in my bedroom that made me feeling like at home. Thank you again. The front desk staffs are very helpful and informative. The staff who were responsible for limousine are very commercial and pushy by persuading us to use hotel car. Though I explained to them several times that we would not use it coz of the high price. The same thing never happened to us during our stay in Hanoi.
2 night family trip Jan 31, 2016
"Rex Hotel, an excellent choice for your stay."
We chose the Rex for our 5 night stay in HCMC and were not disappointed. We read many of the previous reviews on this website before making our selection. The hotel has a rich history but with modern updates. The roof top restaurant and bar,pools, and gym were all enjoyed. The breakfast selection is immense so be sure to book with breakfast included. Yes you may have some noise in the evening from the house band playing their selection of sixties,seventies, and eighties favourites but the shut down at 11pm sharp. Our only complaint would be the sound and feel of the weight machines overhead in the gym as our room (421) was directly under them. We got used to it after one morning. The hotel is conveniently located next to Uncle Ho's statue and the People's Committee building. We walked almost everywhere though a cheap taxi would have been faster likely. Don't bother with the hotel shuttle for airport transfers. The green taxis is safe, runs on a meter, and is much cheaper.
5 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
"Good hotel at the heart of Saigon"
We stayed at Rex with our 2 year old daughter. Check-in was quick. The breakfast buffet was great. The location of Rex hotel is virtually in the centre of Saigon so everything was conveniently closed by. The only complain I have is the pool which is not very kid friendly.
1 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
Tanlong
"Good Location in HCM"
great location in the center of HCM city. Hotel was nice and clean and the staff were ok.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
Hemy
IL
Very convenient location but hotel is a bit old. Overall its good.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Trip down memory lane"
We were warmly greeted by staff who showed us around and gave us an introduction to what was available since we were booked into the premier suite. It was a very wonderful experience. We chose this hotel because it was the hotel we stayed in 12 years ago when we went to Vietnam for our honeymoon and wanted to bring our children there for memory sake. Very fortunate to see the changes. Only downside was the foot traffic of outsiders and non guests. Also didn't get a room with a view which was disappointing.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
ADELINE W
"Placed well in the centre of town"
Close to all major attractions and restaurants. The staff are very helpful and it's a mix of old and new.
Other trip Jan 9, 2016
marty
"Excellent Hotel in Saigon city Vietnam"
We, a family of 4 people, have had our great time at Rex Hotel in the heart of Saigon city. We will definitely come back to the Rex hotel for our next holiday in Saigon city, Vietnam Hugo, Natalie, Nuong & Harry
5 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
hiep van
"Excellent, excellent, excellent - faultless stay"
Faultless! A magnificent hotel full of character. Imagine Raffles in Singapore but much better value for money. I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was quite soft and I had a great nights sleep. Both pools are great, breakfast buffet was really organised and good quality, staff were really attentive. If I come to Saigon again there is no reason to try anywhere else. Good for couples and especially for families. Can't say a bad word.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
N A
"Very central to shopping and all tourist facilitie"
We have stayed here many times and will do so again in the future,
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
Kezzer
"Great Rates at the Rex"
Great location and good all-round service, a great rate provided by Hotels.com
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2015
Ivan
"Andrew's stay at Rex Hotel Saigon"
Staff always friendly and some remember me from previous visits.
4 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
ANDREW
"Great rooftop bar"
A large colonial hotel in a great location.As the hotel has renovation work going on around it be careful about choice of room .We were in room 322 and our frosted windows opened up to green plastic screens covering the renovation work.This meant our room was very dark. The highlight is the rooftop bar with great views.
3 night romance trip Dec 1, 2015