All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
855 Francisco Blvd E, San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Ok..."
Adequate, but because it is a semi-industrial area, it got loud pretty early. Parking spaces are small, even for compacts.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"great stay"
great hotel. clean, new rooms. and good staff
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Brett
"nice room and nice people"
I came to san rafeal to visit friends, and looked over the reviews on the hotels in the area. after reading reviews of a few hotels I finally made my choice on north bay, and wasn't sure about that, but once I arrived there, it was clearly sure that I picked a good hotel, from the people behind the hotel desk to the people who cleaned the rooms every morning, I have to say I was happy with all the service, rooms are clean, from carpet to the walls. people were very polite and went beyond to see that I was happy with my room and stay, hotel was full all 3 nights I was there, and I hear no noise from the other rooms nor from the major highway outside. I do plan on more trips to rafeal and will book my room with north bay
3 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Jerry
"moved"
The first hotel was full so you moved me to the Best Western in Corta Madera
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, but a bit expense."
We travel to San Rafael several times and year and this is the 1st time we have stayed here. While I would stay again and feel like it's a nice enough place - I just wasn't made to feel comfortable there. Just one of those feelings. I was in the lobby getting coffee when a gentle came by cab trying to check in early and just wanted a place to leave 2 bags as a room wasn't available. The clerk at the front won't have any part of helping the guy and left in the cab to find another place to stay. Seems to me on a Sunday - not knowing if you were going to be full that night - you would make it work. When I checked in if found the same clerk to be rude and a bit cold! But the place is clean and worked for us - - -although it is right on the freeway and you can hear the traffic.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good times"
I had a very nice stay. Service was good and quick. Room was clean and the hotel is close to the highway. Overall it was a good experience and I would stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Wish we missed it!"
When we arrived a man was digging in the dumpster out back. Had it not been so late we wouldne looked elsewhere. We paid $411 for two nights. Room and lacked a proper bolt lock. The " Suite" Was small, no freezer in fridge, bedding was stained, towels were very thin, no complementary toiletries, shower has no pressure and is suited for persons over 6 foot.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Trish Travels
"Smelly"
It's not a great neighborhood. The room was ok. But it had a definite odor. The people next door arrived back at their room late, and I could hear everything. The walls are very thin. They were also smoking cigarettes and it also came right through the walls. It was if they were smoking in my room. Not a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Non-smoking hotel? Think again."
I made a reservation for a non-smoking room. I walked into the room, it stank of smoke! I asked for another room and they told me the entire hotel was non-smoking. I said come smell the room them. The clerk asked if I wanted an air freshener. I thought that was ridiculous and asked for another room, upon inspection it was worse! I had to find another hotel late at night which is very difficult as you all know. If you are sensitive to smoke, I would not stay here.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
My bed sheets were disgusting and dirty with hairs and stains on them upon arrival. I had maids change them in front of me. There was toothpaste smeared on the wall. The walls are paper thin so you can here everything. I grew up in marin, but this hotel is in a bad area of San Rafael.
4 night trip Jul 27, 2014
could not operate the Dish TV. Could not use the Wi Fi becausef could not establish the password. pARKING IS VERY TIGHT. bATHROOM VERY SMALL.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Don
"Just okay."
We are a family of four with two young children. First we were given the wrong room. When I showed the front desk clerk my reservation was for two doubles and not one queen bed, she quickly gave us the right room. The room looked updated, but the walls had lots of dings and splatters on them. The bedspread was stained (tried not to look too closely at that). The phone didn't work. We arrived back at our room late on a Sunday night and there were no parking spots. We parked in front of the coffee place next door. It had a tow sign in front of it, so my husband checked with the front desk clerk to make sure we wouldn't get our car towed. She said that it was perfectly fine to park there. Cut to the next morning at 7 am when the front desk clerk called to ask us if our car was parked in front of the coffee place. I told her yes and she told me I better move it before it gets towed. Very disappointing! The continental breakfast was minimal. Fortunately we brought breakfast with us.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
EB
"close to san francisco"
Pleasant. Only one day stay. beds seem too small for two people. Other than the Stay was ok. Room will be perfect for two people But for four people is a little tight. You will make I,t for a quick stay is good!
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Close to where I needed to go"
I got there to check in and I showed the front desk my confirmation and he told me that they're system said I wasn't suppose to be there until the next day. That frustrated me a lot. I was suppose to get a king suite and my friend told me they had just remodeled everything and that they had a jacuzzi In every room. I didn't have much of a choice when she gave me the last room with a double bed but to my dismay there was no jacuzzi in my room :(. When I left I saw the cleaning lady and took a peek inside and I was super bummed that I didn't get the room I had requested because it looked way nicer. I was issued 2 room keys. One for my boyfriend and I but he arrived at the hotel around 10:30. He setteled in and we both went outside to smoke and when we tried to go back In our room the key wouldn't open the room. We tried the second key and that didn't open either. By this time it's around 11:30 and we couldn't find the front desk personnel. I called the hotel and she answerd at the first ring. She then re-swiped the keys and we were able to get in. It actually ended up happening to us a second Time so we had to go through the same process again. I was a bit anyoned but Other than that it was a quiet stay with no weirdos so I can't complain about that.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
griselda
Nice property, would stay there again. Located just north of Sausalito and at the entrace to the richmond bridge.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Rodney D. Hetzel
"Easy access to sites in every direction"
Exterior was "dated" but the room has been tastefully remodeled, was clean and comfortable. Accessible from Hwy 101 and nearby freeways and location made easy access to SF, Oakland, and points north.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Michael B
The hotel was easy to get to because it is right off the highway. However, the location also made it very noisy. It also didn't help that we were next to the ice machine. It is very small and easy to navigate. People were pleasant. Breakfast was minimal. Not bad for the price.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"Doesn't look like the pictures"
I had no complaints about this property. Once you get past the reality of it's the type of motel you park your car infront of your own window, you know what to expect. Breakfast was a joke and unattended, so one guy came and took all the danish. Coffee in the room, so ha ha on him. He did leave the Kelloggs cornflakes, so did we, because those are like eating wood shavings, and nothing to put on them, yuck. The noise was always present from the freeway because the ramps come ever so close to the rooms. The Travelodge has the same problem, so don't even bother looking them up. If I wasn't there to specifically see the mission, we would have stayed in the next city, like the majority of travelers do. There is nothing major to see or do in San Rafael. We ended up going to the whole foods by the harbor to get an ala carte dinner, because I didn't feel like having Mexican food. Afternoon sun hits most all the rooms, so find something else to do in the late afternoon. Bed was nice and soft. Spacious room, but arranged ineffectively. Would have given anything for a small table with two chairs to eat our meal at. What we got was a heavy desk pushed up against a wall with a single chair. None of these things would prevent me from staying there again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
The room was clean and the front desk hostess was great. The continental breakfast is not much an this is why the 4 rating. Great value hotel.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Sweet Staff, Ragged Room"
While the motel staff was warm and friendly, the room, decidedly, was not. We were met with stained carpets and bedspreads and cigarette smoke residue. The room was spacious but not clean. In the sandy sheets of one bed we found a used bandaid. Need I say more?
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"disappointing"
Right off the high way, very noise; hair drier broken. it took the front desk 20 minutes to respond.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"North Bay inn"
Surprisingly quite considering freeway proximity. Arrived 4p, front desk door locked, no note, called several times to no answer, waited over 1/2 hr before someone showed up.
1 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Convenient location, for us."
The location was good for us but the traffic noise was a drawback. The room was very clean and upgraded. The light in the bathroom was not adequate. Forget about the "continental breakfast". The pastries were terrible.
Other trip May 14, 2014
Colin
"Decent Motel"
Bring your own wash cloths and be prepared to find on-street parking, as the lot was full. But, the room was clean and comfortable. My room was close to the freeway, but the noise was minimal.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice Stay"
Room was clean and newly decorated. Staff was friendly. Convenient location 15 minutes to San Francisco. Great for the money.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Comfortable and Quiet"
First of all, this is a budget hotel, not a resort. But it delivered what it claimed and more. The room was ready when we arrived, It was larger than we expected. Had Microwave and Fridge that we didn't expect, and the WiFi worked far better than other much more expensive hotels. The room was clean, everything worked, and the beds (we had two queens) were simply wonderful. We had the best night's sleep we'd had in weeks. Even though we were near an expressway the room was quiet. We were pleased and would gladly come back
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"It does the job"
North Bay Inn is clean and the beds are good. Sadly it's right next to the freeway which is loud. Sink was clogged and though I complained, no one cared. TV wasn't working, I called, no one came. I stormed into the office and was handed a remote and told "sorry." Fortunately the remote allowed us to watch TV. There are few choices in San Rafael, and it's MUCH better than Travel Lodge next door. However it's not cheap, so I resented the apathy.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Fine for a quick overnight stay."
The room was clean and the beds were comfy. But a little scary with the gun shots from a near by neighborhood in the middle of the night. Don't think we would stay again.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"A Good Nite"
Enjoy this modest and nice hotel - Nice, clean, well kept rooms in good condition; it appears to have had a well done, high quality renovation and it shows in the rooms. Will stay there again.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"one night - ok"
Basic hotel room - good for one night in route somewhere else. Neighborhood a bit rough. Breakfast - muffin & coffee. But room did have frig & microwave
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
flyrojack
"Awful hotel and service"
Hotel is dirty and staff is rude. Would not recommend this place
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Great place"
Very clean rooms and comfy bed.
2 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
Cv
"sightseeing stop"
it was reasonable in price. easy access off of hwy 101, and to hwy 580
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
oldguy
"Nice hotel with freeway noise"
Brisk introduction to the facility by hotel staff pointing out the room. Continental breakfast consisted of coffee, small packaged raisen cinnamon roll and a granola bar.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Shocking neighborhood"
They did not respond to my calls for THREE hours when trying to find if they could accept my bag from SFO. Driving right next to them a crazy woman ran out at my car screaming as I drove by tringbtobthrow something at me. Then I saw more homeless. As I rang the bell at 11:00 the owner stumbled out in his pajamas acting like I was bothering him. The room was clean, relatively new which shocked me. In a.m. I called and AGAIN could not reach. Then I went downstairs and no one was there to ask about internet. Later I came back and a woman was there that said she was around all morning which was not true. It was creepy feeling in the area at night - if a man OK, single woman stay FAR away
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
MW
Good
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Great. Loved the beds. Free parking:)
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"Comfortable"
You still need to teach maids how to clean. Go into any room and look on top of things. The top of the closet needs to be cleaned the fronts of things cabinets. The man at the front desk was not nice and rude when I checked in. Didn't know procedures.BUT it's nicely decorated and it's comfortable; nice beds and great cable ALL chanels. Just needs a thourough cleaning. Clean the carpets.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Beds were comfortable but the toilet flush sound was like a diesel train coming through. The clock was 1.5 hours off and had no way to re-set it. The carpets are scruffy.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Dinner time"
My stay was good. The hotel is close to the highway and my room was clean. The staff was friendly, and the is a grate coffee place right next door. Grate stuff. I would stay here again
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"OK For A Night or Two"
This hotel has done all it can, it seems, to make it a little nicer. Problem is, it's an old facility and is right next to where to very busy freeways intersect, so it's noisy. Parking is tight, too. The ice machine was out of ice - annoying, but not a huge problem. The room was nicely appointed, with a new TV, microwave, coffeemaker, and fridge. The beds had fluffy white down comforters and plenty of pillows; everything was clean. There is a Continental breakfast, too, though I didn't go, as I had plans for breakfast already. Considering its location, this hotel has done everything possible to make your stay pleasant, but it is in a sketchy area and is very noisy.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Debbie
"Great location- easy on to 101 and 580"
I had a late check-in and they were very accommodating. The room was the closest to the road so the road noise made it very diffficult to sleep. No elevators but it's only 2 stories so that's ok. If I stay there again I will definitely request the room furthest from the road. The room was comfortable.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
Jo
"Good for a few nights"
It was ok. Decent rooms. Clean. Seems like alot of construction workers stay there. Breakfast was a few wrapped muffins and pastry. No fruit.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"gppd value, comfy"
Surprisingly nice and comfy interior. only downside was a bit of a noisy toilett. Was surprised as to how nice and spacious room was, unexpected given the plain outdoor look. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
E and S
"a great place to stay"
a very cute "boutique" hotel room disguised as 70s motor hotel. Great clean comfortable rooms with new tvs and furniture. Great beds and bedding and new bathrooms. Loved this place.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
paul
"North Bay Inn is a dump"
Terrible location, no amenities. Another "guest" was arrested and the police came in with HazMat gear to search the room.. This dump should not be part of Hotels.com portfolio -- undermines my trust of the quality of your properties.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"The most comfy bed ever"
Very welcoming, helpful and efficient staff. It met and in many ways exceeded our expectations. Easy to recommend. Not in the perfect location, with the road 101 close by, but didn't hear any noise, so don't let that put you off. It was very easy to get to where we wanted to be from Francisco Bvd.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"No thrills stay"
The room was pretty nice but there were definitely no thrills to this hotel. When we arrived we were checked into a room that had a double bed when we reserved a king size. So we had to go back and change - luckily there wasn't a problem with that since there wasn't alot of people at the hotel yet - at least the parking lot was empty. There isn't any close (within walking distance) resturants but we did take a walk to the corner convenience store. It was just before dusk and the neighborhood seemed a bit scary for my taste. I had my husband with me so I felt somewhat safe - would not like to go alone for sure. There were alot of people "hanging" out around the gas station. I would not stay there again if I wanted to do anything other than stay in the room. We were tired from driving all day so it might be ok if we drove to eat or see the sights - not knowing the area and being late we stayed put.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
couple from Washington
"Very nice place, quiet"
Not a lot of place to sit to eat the breakfast, but a very nice location. Typical hotel room
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2013
"Cheap, but clean"
Our hotel suite was surprisingly big because it had a an enormous jetted tub. The bath vanity was too small but the TV was nice and there was also a small fridge and microwave. The bed wasn't the best but wasn't terrible. It felt pretty clean. The free breakfast was terrible. There was food but not really what I call food eg packaged pastries. No fruit or anything fresh at all. But the clerk was nice and friendly and everything was cleaned well.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013