All hotels in Palmer, Alaska, United States of America
9000 N. Palmer Fishook Rd, Palmer, AK, 99645, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.8
"Nice cabin close to anchorage"
We stayed one night at the cabin. It was very nice! We arrived late but everything was prepared. The room is big enough for 3 of us and our luggages. Our daughter enjoyed the two-layer bed and we all enjoyed the breakfast. Highly recommend it!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
More like a cabin that has breakfast food in the frig for you, but we enjoyed our one night stay. We recommend it to anyone who has a reason to be in that area. It is beautiful up there.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
I paid extra fro a cabin with 2 beds when I got there they gave me a cabin with 1 bed. I was glad they were not full. Other than that everything was fine.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Clean, Easy, Comfortable"
I would stay here again. Much nicer than other places I saw in the area. The wireless internet was good, the small cabin size of Cabin #1 made heating it to the temp I wanted quick.
7 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
Roadworrier
"great place and location"
I stayed here for 5 nights while working in Palmer, AK. I stayed in one of the larger cabins while a colleague stayed in a smaller one. Both were nice, but mine was at least twice the size of his. The cabin was clean and comfortable, and the kitchen was well stocked with both utensils and all kinds of breakfast foods. It is a short easy drive to both Palmer and Wasilla. And it is a very short drive up to Hatcher Pass, which is beautiful. I will definitely stay here next time I come to Palmer.
5 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
Sid
"Nice stay at the cabin"
Felt secluded but close enough to town for a quick overnight stay. Felt a little out of sorts when we arrived and were met on the porch. Told which cabin was ours, asked if we had any questions and then asked what time we were leaving in the morning. None the less, cabin was clean, comfy and stocked for breakfast. Fun experience!
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Great cozy cabin in quiet location."
Cabin was cozy but comfortable and had breakfast items (eggs, cereal, pastries and sausage) available to be cooked by yourself. Location was about 10 minutes from all other amenities, which is not uncommon for Alaska and along major road which led to some minor traffic noise. One of the better places we stayed on our trip/
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013

"Excellent location"
Excellent location close to Palmer town but far enough out of town 9 miles for it to be quiet. Good breakfast service so you if you fancy a lie in you can.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2014

"交通位置很方便"
旅店的位置相當的方便,開車一分鐘的距離就有加油站和雜貨店,但是仍舊維持高度的寧靜與隱私。房間內有小型廚房,隨時都可以自行料理簡單的食物,非常方便。
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Nancy Chen
TW
"LA MIGLIOR ACCOMODATION DI TUTTA LA VACANZA."
semplecemente meglio non si poteva! ottimo sotto tutti i punti. Ideale per chi vuole provare una autentica log- cabin
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
OTTAVIO
IT
"La cabane en rondins"
Sympa, dans les environs de Palmer . La cabane typique mais confortable, wifi inclus.Le petit dej est dans le frigo, un plaisir de se le préparer le matin. le lit est dans la mezzanine accessible par une échelle Proche de Hatcher pass et de l'ancienne mine à visiter
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2012
Thierry
FR
"Cabin aan de weg"
Prachtig gelegen tussen de bomen maar dicht bij de weg. De auto geluiden zijn dan ook goed te horen. Prachtige ingerichte cabin. Het ontbijt was wat aan de magere kant, maar op verzoek kan er meer brood worden gebracht.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2012
NL
"Very cozy and clean."
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast

"Great Place For Family Of Four"
06/23/15 rbross50 pgh,pa
My wife and I and our 2 grown children recently stayed here for 2 nights while doing activities in the Palmer area. I had booked online and communicated with Liz via email and all went well. We arrived to a very comfy looking cabin with plenty of bright flowers on the deck as well as 2 chairs. The front door was open and upon entering we were quite pleased with what we saw. There are 2 leather larger chairs(loveseat?) which were quite comfortable. There was a large kitchen table with 4 chairs, and a TV all in the main room. There also is a counter with 4 stools. There was a stove, fridge, microwave, coffemaker and a full sink with plenty of cooking utensiles etc. The fridge was stocked with more than enough breakfast items as well as cereals, coffee and teas. (There were also 4 fresh muffins ready for us) The bathroom was plenty big with full shower and large sink(soap ,shampoo provided) The downstairs bedroom had a queen bed and the room was large enough for the 2 of us. Upstairs in the loft there were 2 beds and a ceiling fan to keep the air moving. All in all this was truly a nice place to stay and for 4 adults was plenty large enough as we were out most of our time. As stated previously there is a convenience store nearby, but we had already purchased what foods we needed at a Walmart in Eagle Ridge. I would have no qualms about recommending this B&B as long as it is understood there is no cooked breakfast to go to ( we really liked that).
"Cozy cabins near Palmer"
06/17/15 acs898 Winston Salem, North Carolina
My wife and I stayed at Hatcher Pass B &B (cabins) for two nights in early June 2015. The cabin had all the usual motel-style amenities, as well as a refrigerator stocked with breakfast items, either ready-to-eat or to be cooked on a small stove. There was plenty of quality food. We saw little of our host, but she was most accommodating and checked with us by phone. Since we were very pleased with the setup, this was fine. Other guests had a fire going in the communal fire pit, which provided for socialization. For other needs, there is a convenience/liquor store nearby, and Palmer is only a few miles away. The cabins are cozy – perfect for couples and for families who are okay with close quarters. We would definitely stay here again.
06/10/15 Carrie B Saint Clair, Michigan
We loved our cabin getaway! Our cabin was fantastic and is in a wonderful location for day trips everywhere! we are so glad we found this gem. The little refrigerator was stocked with plenty of breakfast food to get ya moving in the morning as well as coffee and teas , creamer, sugar ....Liz has thought of everything! This is a wonderful place!
"Journey to Alaska"
06/02/15 flyingsinger Los Angeles
Having heard that Hatcher Pass was something we needed to see I began research and found the website for this B and B. So glad to have 2 days here. We rented a sourdough log cabin for ourselves. Cabin was a good size for a couple or a a couple with one child. There are also larger cabins available. If you are in the Palmer/Wasilla/Hatcher Pass I would recommend you look here to stay. Liz has done a dynamic use of every inch of space to bring the log cabin exterior completely modern inside. She provided supplies in the refrigerator to make your own breakfast. She was available to help or to give you the amount of privacy you wanted. Many areas to explore and restaurants in Palmer. There is a table and chairs if you decide to bring back food and eat there since there was a microwave.
"3rd visit - consistently great!"
05/27/15 Inbr2
Our family seriously loves these cabins. Why? They are comfy, have everything you need, accept dogs, are "out-of-town but not too far away" (so you can easily do activities in nearby Palmer, Wasilla, Anchorage, etc), and the owner Liz is top-notch with customer service, kindness & helpfulness. This is not a traditional B&B - and I'm glad! - the cabins are well-stocked with breakfast foods and you can relax and eat at your own pace and time frame (no awkward dining with B&B owners and other guests). Simply put, it's an idea getaway for a family or couple. It's also fairly inexpensive for Alaska this time of year!! Bonus... Can't wait to return...
"Great area to stop in for a few nights on the way from Anchorage to Denali"
05/26/15 agroves10 Tampa, Fl
Great cabin for a family of three. It was a very quaint B&B, excellent service by the owner, Liz. We spent 2 nights here on our way to Denali and visited the reindeer farm, hiked hatcher pass, & visited Independence Mine.
"Great cabin, perfect for two people"
05/19/15 UPgirl29602 Lake Linden, Michigan
My husband and I have a great experience at the Hatcher Pass Bed and Breakfast. Liz was very easy to talk to and very organized with the whole process of check in/out and communicating if our needs were met. We stayed in one of the smaller sourdough cabins and this was perfect for a couple. This bed and breakfast was such a nice addition to our Alaska trip as it offered flexibility and a nice and clean place to sleep, we only wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks Liz and the Hatcher Pass Crew for an awesome experience!
"Should be called "Bed & Some Groceries""
03/24/15 evenstar622 Escondido, CA
First of all, let me say that I am not used to anything fancy. I usually stay in a Motel 6 when I travel. I'm not picky. For my recent vacation, I decided to splurge and book this bed & breakfast. I was in a hurry, and booked it quickly while at work, so I didn't read the reviews before I booked. Big mistake. No where on the Hatcher Pass B&B website does is state that this is a do-it-yourself breakfast. I probably would have booked elsewhere if I had known that, as I was hoping to relax on this vacation. I am paying extra for a B&B, so I don't really want to cook and clean. Although I was a little disappointed, I was still okay with it. We stayed in the Grande Cabin. There were 6 of us, and the cabin was very nice and roomy. We had a nice hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage and a few bagels the next morning. The following morning, I noticed that Liz had only stocked half the amount of eggs and sausage. I called her and she told me that she ran out of eggs and that she only expected us to eat 2 eggs per person. I explained that some people in our group were gluten-free and dairy-free, so the eggs and sausage was our easiest option. I asked if we could have more cream cheese for our bagels, and she replied that she was trying to sleep in, but eventually agreed to bring us some cream cheese. She asked why we weren't eating the other things (cereal, pancakes) and I replied that we hadn't seen them anywhere. She so says, "Well, they were there yesterday. Did you eat them?" WOW. Attitude! If I had eaten them, would I ask where they were? (Turns out the pancake mix was in a small unmarked tupperware that I thought was sugar. And the cereal was a few individual boxes of Wheaties and Total in the back of the cupboard - I had overlooked it). So after that, I assumed that she would restock the eggs and sausage each day. She did - still with half the amount of the first day! I didn't come on vacation so that I could be on a diet. Not only that, we were really sick and tired of eggs and sausage after the 4th day. She never changed anything or added any variety. A lot of the other reviews talk about homemade goodies. We didn't see a single homemade goodie. She must only do that for her summer guests, and the winter guests are out of luck. Overall, we were completely unimpressed and will not be booking there again. We could have done better renting a cheaper cabin, and going to the grocery store to stock the items we wanted.
"Private Cabin with Beautiful Location"
12/04/14 Nathan B Palmer, Alaska, United States
Grande Cabin is prefect for two couples or a family. Kids would love the Loft. All the feel of a Cabin with running water, shower and kitchenette. Alaska cabins can be Totally DRY so this one is a dream. Great access year round with Government Peak Cross Country Ski Trails. New Lights for night skiing in 2015. Be sure and go up to the ski chalet or Hatcher Pass to watch sunset over Cook Inlet.
"left early"
09/30/14 Clacca22
positives are ease and friendliness of owner and ease of check in , wi fi is decent . Cabin on the outside is really nice but sadly that is where it ends . Not sure why in all the reviews I read before we booked was that there was no mention of the fact that there was absolutely NO ROOM in the tiny bathroom , which you had to step up one step to get to , you literally could not turn around in it . There was NO SINK in the bathroom or anyplace to put your toiletries . To wash your hands and brush your teeth you had to go out of the bathroom and use the kitchen sink ! Breakfast was provided in the cabin for us to prepare but just couldn't bring myself to cook eggs and use the sink we spat in to brush our teeth . My husband said no way so we left early and went to a fast food place for breakfast . If I had read a review stating that we would never have booked here .