All hotels in Wells, Maine, United States of America
102 Post Road, US Route 1, Wells, ME, 04090, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Great hotel for most everyone. Learn what they hav"
I was checked in efficiently. The desk is open 24 hours a day so if you are missing anything in your room you can just ask at the desk. I had a room upstairs and so had to carry my things up a staircase to get to it. So an older person or someone with a handicap should try to request the bottom floor. Once inside my room was spacious. I had a small refridgerator to use. I also had a nice bathroom. There was a bar in the bathtub to hold onto for somebody who needs that. I had a small tv that had cable channels....so plenty to watch. The air conditioner worked well. They have a nice little pool and it has a bathroom to use while you're out there and also an ice machine. It's a very relaxing place. There is a big yard there with tennis courts and the charcoal grills. Some people were sitting around a fire at night there which looked very nice. It is also in a great location to get to the beach or to get to some shops. I parked down by Wells Beach which is a long beach and walked to the breakwater there. I ate at Billy's Chowder House and recommend his Haddock Chowder. You get a great free breakfast at the Motel though. I felt very comfortable staying there. I had a great stay there.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"convenience and reasonable"
Overall a decent stay. The beds wer prettye uncomfortableand could stand to be upgraded. Microwaves in all the rooms would have been nice for moments u don't want to eat out and want to heat something. The rooms were very clean and mine was spacious. I loved having the pool and all other activity areas right there for when traffic was real heavy downtown. Location was great. Restaurants right in walking distance and the trolley pickup right there. Convenient and overall reasonable. The gentleman at the desk not all that friendly however. A smile goes a long way in Customer service. :)
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
cin
"green tub"
Old & run down,They gave us an upgrade our first night because they didn't have our room we requested & the upgrade was worse than our other requested room. No wifi in the room you have to be close to the office or outside to use it.DON'T DO IT
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
"Too high priced for Quality of the room"
Upon arrival, our room was marginally cleaned. The bathroom was not cleaned at all and the carpet not vacuumed. The room had an obnoxious heavy cheap perfume smell. They must replace their cleaning agents with a more neutral scent. For the price they charge per night everything in the room needs updating (e.g. décor, old furniture & mattress, sinks and fixtures, including the airconditioning unit that kept freezing up. There were no blinds on the sliding doors, so when you open the curtains to let the daylight in, there is no privacy! The entire room is open to people walking by. After we complained about the condition of the room, the cleaning service did a more acceptable job the following day, except for the smell. On a positive note, the location of the hotel is within reasonable driving distance to Wells and Ogunquit beaches. The footpath to the beach is much too far to walk unless you're training for the marathon.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2012
K.
We enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast as we "slept in" and were not quite ready to make it before 10 AM. We missed having a lamp near the beds. Couldn't really read in bed, Bathroom sink needs some attention. Some of the tile was rusted out. O ur chairs in the room were comfortable but lost their comfort level after an hour or so.
2 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2012
Diane G
"Mediocre motel. I probably wouldn't return."
Best part is that the trolley came right onto the motel parking lot to take you through Wells or Ogunquit. Motel room had a musty odor and needs updating. Continental breakfast was passable with supermarket brand muffins, toast, juice bagels and spreads. Barbecue grills and picnic tables available for family was nice feature. Being a new adult couple I prefered something a little smaller and more updated.
Other trip Aug 2, 2012
"trip to Wells, ME"
Really missed having a hair dryer Musty smell, bad location, Right near steet traffic noise at night 2nd floor though have handicap with bad knee,
Other trip Jul 29, 2012

"Fantastic for the price"
A pretty good motel, for a wonderfully low price. Ten-minute walk from the beach, which was wonderful for stargazing away from all the city lights.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
"It was ok"
Room was clean. Very poor wi-fi, possible to connect only near hotel office.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Ana
"A flash from the past"
Motel was fine for the price. The room was a little old fashion, old TV and old furniture
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Martin
"Ogunquit before rush."
Location nice and clean for families and others, tennis court, swimming pool, BBQ,, fireplace. Rooms OK clean, no hairdryer, no shampoo, Breakfast is fine if you don't wanna eat too much: cereals and toasts, donuts, orange juice and coffee. People at front desk were very nice.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Good value for money"
We arrived very late and out of season. The keys and explanatory notes were waiting for us. The apartment was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was simple but plentiful and the doughnuts were great, more jam than I have ever had. Very helpful at checkout. The hotel is within easy reach of lots of restaurants and shops and close to a string of local towns. We only stayed one night as we passed through, but would use the hotel again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"nice place"
we have been a very good service and the place was bery nice and clean.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012

"Vieillot et propreté douteuse...mes chaussettes en"
bon emplacement et services ok mais mériterait une mise ;a jour des chambres
2 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Gilles
"Hôtel bien située et abordable"
Hôtel en toute simplicité, propre et abordable. Petit déjà compris. Pour aller à la plage Moody, 15 minutes à pied. Pour la plage a Ogunquit, utilisent l'autobus à deux dollars car le stationnement est de vingt fin dollars par jour. Nous avons bien aimé, piscines, bbq,
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Francine
"Super séjour !"
Parfait pour un voyage agréable ! Nous y avons passé un séjour confortable, et surtout apprécie le déjeuner, la piscine et la propreté du lieu.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Slidt men rent"
Værelset var fint og godt til prisen. Forvent ikke noget af morgenmaden der er inkluderet.
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2013
Helle Sørensen
DK
"Bon rapport qualité-prix"
Je garde une bonne impression de mon séjour à cette hôtel. De plus, le déjeuner est inclus.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Alexandre
"Hôtel à distance acceptable de la plage."
Hôtel posséde des BBQ extérieurs pour les usagers en plus d'un emplacement pour feu de camp. Salle commune en cas de pluie et l'hôtel prête les ustensilles pour faire cuire son homard.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Je n'y retournerai jamais!"
Le coût de location de cette hôtel est vraiment, mais vraiment trop dispendieux pour la qualité de chambre qu'il nous offre. Les chambres ne sont ouvertes que quelques mois par année et ça se sent!!! L'air climatisé ne fonctionne pas, la salle de bain est a refaire et les lits devraient être remplacés et ça rapidement. Je ne recommande pas cette hôtel!
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"À éviter"
Sale et petit déjeuner infecte
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
FR
"Propre, bon service mais dispendieux"
La chambre était propre, l'hôtel est bien situé, le service est très bon. Cependant le prix de la chambre était trop cher considérant le niveau de confort. On se serait attendu à plus "luxueux" au prix qu'on a payé pour 1 semaine. L'internet sans fil semble fonctionner seulement dans certains secteurs de l'hôtel, il ne fonctionnait pas de notre chambre.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2013
"Décevant..."
Dommage, parce que l'emplacement est très bien... Très vieux motel mal entretenu... Literie laisse a désiré... Lingerie défraîchie et propreté douteuse...
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
"Bon pour une nuit pas plus"
Sur les 4 hôtels et motel réservés durant notre vacances de 7 jours ce fût la seule déception. Nous n'y retournerons et ne le recommanderons pas.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013
hdtrike
Excellent qualité prix
1 night romance trip May 19, 2013
"Très bien"
De belle vacance.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2012
"vicino a Ogunquit molto bello"
Non lo consiglierei ad un amico.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2012
Selleri
IT
pourrie
3 night trip Aug 12, 2012
"Correct!"
Un peu loin de la plage pour y aller à pied. Il faut payer un stationnement entre 15 et 20$. Par contre, tout le reste est correct.
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2012
Guyl.
"Vacance à Well's"
Cet hôtel est bien placé et offre de bons services. L'ambiance sur son site est très bonne et c'est dynamique. La problématique est la chambre. L'odeur qui s'en dégageait (humidité et autres) était affreuse. C'est vieux et ça n'a pas l'air propre. La piscine était également très sale. Bref, nous n'y retournerons pas.
Family trip Aug 15, 2012
Motel trop cher et pas bien entretenu.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2012
3 night trip Jun 13, 2013
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
1 night trip Sep 12, 2012
"great location,close to everything !!!!!!!!!!!"
2 night trip Aug 2, 2012
1 night trip May 23, 2013
1 night trip Jul 31, 2012
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Sonia
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2012
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Majestic Regency

"Majestic regency in wells, maine"
07/24/15 BarbieNewBritain New Britain, Connecticut
I have been staying at the majestic regency for years. I was always unhappy with the uncleanliness of the rooms. The rugs were sticky and smelly the bedspread and curtains were sticky.. They had a old t.v. The rooms smelled awful, I continuosly stayed for the price and the free breakfast. Well I was amazed when I walked into the room on July 22, 2015. It was unbelievable. Absolutely beautiful. Rugs cleaned, walls painted. New curtains, new furniture, new t.v, new bedspread, new mirrors. I thought I died and went to heaven. I felt like I was at the HIlton. I was so happy. I love the place and am so glad they are cleaning it up and upgrading. Now they have to stop allowing dogs in those rooms. They will pee on the rugs and sleep on the bedspreads. They need to have a certain section for dogs. My room was #86. I hear that whole section has been redone. Have fun there, great pool, great location and great donuts
"Deb 2015"
07/21/15 Debra R Akron, Ohio
My parents visit Majestic Regency every June for the month! This year I traveled with them, got my own room and had a very relaxing time. The entire staff is friendly and very accommodating. The King Bed room was very clean and spacious and the convenience of the free daily breakfast was awesome. Well worth the price.
"Weekends at Majestic Regency"
07/20/15 dfalkner4321 Norwell, Massachusetts
For the past several years my wife and I have spent many weekends at the Majestic Regency. Every time the staff, rooms, housekeeping, and service was first rate. It is a family oriented motel near all the amenities of the south shore of Maine. Highly recommended.
"Returning customers!"
07/20/15 Team_Meola Malden, Massachusetts
We found this place online, and have been coming 2-3 times every year. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is perfect for families, enough to do for fun stuff ( basketball hoop, beanbags, horseshoes, shuffleboard) reminds me of going up to camp when I was a kid. Trolley will take you to either of the two near beaches, or just park. Very reasonable.
"Better Than Ever"
07/20/15 Peter Mazer Toronto
We have been staying at MR over a period of 35 plus years and always have a good experience. The management is very helpful, accommodating and attend to requests promptly. This is a resort with pool, tennis, shuffleboard and basketball. Bbqs , fire pits, outdoor seating and trolley service on the property. We revisit periodically and have noticed numerous "fixes" and renovations to the units. It's not the Ritz, but it is very very good indeed.
"relaxing"
07/20/15 richiea4344 Spencer, Massachusetts
The management and staff at the magestic are wonderful. They catered to our every need in a timely fashion. The grounds and pool are very clean. This is our 8th time back and its always a pleasure. The magestic is a family orientated facility that makes my stay easier with my children. Everything is nearby as far as activities go for the family. I make sure I take a trip every year without my kids to relax and its just as pleasurable. The new owners are remarkable and I couldn't speak any higher than that of them. Try the magestic regency and you won't be disappointed.
"WONDERFUL!"
07/08/15 cmcafee
Here we sit on the porch of our motel room at the Majestic Regency in Wells ME. We are more than pleasantly surprised with our stay here. We love this area. Having stayed down the street in Ogunquit..(our favorite place)..you cross the town line and the price drops dramatically. Our stay here has all that you need. Our room is very clean and we have no complaints thus far. There is a lovely heated pool and the area is very clean. We are watching a lovely fire where folks are gathered around a fire pit. Many gas grills and picnic tables are available for your convenience a dining hall where a free breakfast is available with a large selection of fresh donuts...bagels..breads...and cereals. There is a stove and all your kitchen utensils are available. This includes your paper products. Lawn games...tennis courts. The grounds are very clean. Internet is good. There is a shuttle that goes around town every 20 minutes. The shuttle is the open air Trolleys to Ogunquit and the beaches. We are more than impressed and if the rest of our stay is as good as the first we will be back and we will tell our family and friends...GREAT JOB MAJESTIC REGENCY!
"This place is a DUMP!!"
07/06/15 MrsShea Newton, MA
Keep looking; there are plenty of alternatives along Rt 1 that are much nicer, and convenient to everything. the prices were comparable of a Marriott, but the quality was comparable of Motel 6. The room wasn't clean, stocked (tissues, T.P. or towels) and was stuffy & windows didn't open to air it out. My friends stayed a few doors down & they literally pulled down the bed to find blood smeared across the sheets! This is beyond unacceptable! The fact that they accept pets is evident when you walk in, as well as the stench, and it's clear they don't put much effort into house-keeping. The gave me a more expensive rate than my friends, with the same room (standard double) - and I booked well in advance, they booked last minute. Only convenience was that a trolley stop is located there at the lot. It's not in good proximity to the beaches, restaurants or downtown. So disappointed!
"A GREAT Bargain for the money"
07/05/15 Fishfolks Chicora, Pennsylvania
Hello!! Do you want to spend$150 to $200 a night when you are only in the room for about 10 hours tops?? No? well unless you have "money to burn", stay at the Majestic and spend $79.00, tax included per night. You will have all of the usual amenities like a micro, coffee pot, refrigerator and a nice TV. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on the first floor and it was quiet and restful. The desk person was friendly and attentive. We would definitely stay here again and perhaps be able to stay longer than one night!
"Don't do it...Consider yourself warned... You get what you pay for (or don't pay for)!"
06/21/15 BiggFoot2014 New York City, New York
As usual I will start with the good things.. Good location on the main road in Wells and very close to the beaches. Also it was relatively inexpensive and pet-friendly. Now for the rest..We came to the hotel with what we thought were realistic expectations for a beach town "motel" (ie not 5-star with just basic amenities)... Boy were WE in for a surprise. This place was THE mustiest/dankest room we've ever stayed in (ie carpet was literally damp to the touch ... Ancient/run down fixtures, furnishings and linens.. A small bathroom that must've been made for Lilliputians (with a large dried brownish stain on the ceiling tiles that apparently came from the toilet in the room above ours). Also had a few additional guests in the room (in the form of ants).. Wifi signal was intermittent at best. The communal breakfast service was a germophobe's worst nightmare with virtually no healthy options... And last but certainly not least the smoke detector was literally off the wall (wires exposed) and sitting on the table when we checked in.. What a DUMP!! Now we know better. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!