All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
215 Charles St, Boston, MA, 02114, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A good choice for patients and visitors to MGH"
We were there for medical treatments and have been before. The staff have always been very attentive and helpful and got us an extra fridge to store medications and helped get me extra water so I did not have to leave the room when it was hard for me. Cons: The wi-fi is not great.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible, thank you for sharing this review with us. Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
Michele
"Cool hotel with disappointing stay."
Valet guys were awesome. During check-in we were told the history of the hotel, an old jailhouse, which is cool and freaky. We googled the hotel and read about apparent hauntings. Anyways, the room was OK. Definitely not worth the price though. The pillow cases were ripped, the shower was dirty with mold and the room faced a medical center where you could see EVERYTHING. Unfortunately we had to keep the blinds closed the whole time. Noise is also an issue. Saturday night was filled with people because of the clubs and restaurants. It was hard to get back into the hotel. We had to wait on line with the party goers as they were carded.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! It’s great to hear you had a wonderful first impression, but I am disappointed to hear that your room was not cleaned to our high standards. I hope our team responded quickly to rectify those issues as we would not want any guest to be in a room that is less than perfect. Interesting fact to share…before we opened, we had Buddhist monks perform a ceremony to remove all evil spirits from the historic building. We do have vibrant nightlife on the weekends – a reason many guests and locals choose to visit the property. I am sorry for any inconvenience and hope to serve you better in the future!
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"beautiful"
Beautiful hotel, was there with my 14 year old daughter, so i could not enjoy the bar highly recommend
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you so much for the recommendation, we really appreciate it! Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Very well located"
The BEST room service food I have ever had! It is a well located hotel and really comfortable. We walked everywhere and were extremely happy when we walked into the hotel. The staff remembered us and went out of their way to be kind. I would stay here again and again!
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Wow, thank you for this excellent review! To know that you will continue to choose The Liberty on future travels to Boston is the utmost compliment. We look forward to seeing you back here again soon. Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Meh...."
This hotel is in the most incredible location. The lobby and common areas were beautiful but the small room was a disappointment. Worn and shabby, it did not meet our expectations. We felt as if we were in an old chain hotel once inside our room.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for your high regards for our location and lobby space – we agree with you! I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations with your guest room. We are looking forward to creating a new guest room product later this year; all rooms will be renovated! Hope to see you again.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Stacy
"Great time"
Had a great night! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere!!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
The hotel was excellent. The look and feel is upscale and service is great. The only criticism we had is that our room was starting to look a little worn out and is in need of some freshening up. Also, the beds were a little soft and springy for our taste. Overall we liked the hotel and definitely enjoyed staying there. Fair warning if you are traveling with kids, this hotel is not geared toward family-friendly. It has a nightclub and a fine dining restaurant on its territory, so you will need to order room service or go out to dinner if you have small kids.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Very convenient location"
Only there for two nights; overall an excellent stay and very good restaurants on site. Staff friendly, courteous and helpful.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Loved it!,"
We only had 1 negative. That was the chair in the room. It was a strange shape and very uncomfortable. It also was shaped so that you could not take in the fabulous views!! Other then that the room was perfect!! A little pricey on breakfast, but delicious!!
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Boston Liberty"
Very good accommodations with early check in. Hotel staff could use some work especially opening the front door for a female holding loads of luggage, bags... :(
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Frances
"Great Place!"
A ton of restaurants and things to do close by. This was a great place to stay plus the history of the building is very cool.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
Chase
"Great night"
Very fun spot. We're local but wanted to stay over in the city after seeing a show to avoid the ride home. This spot was perfect. Bits of the former jail showing here and there. All beautifully done. Staff extraordinarily pleasant. Will definetely go again.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great night in the city / north end"
Relaxing
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"What a great hotel"
Awesome. From top to bottom. Staff was amazing. So helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Beth
"Great experience"
one of the best hotels i have stayed out.. the location is perfect, right in BeaconHill, on teh corner of the T.. Great neighboorhood and a great hotel!
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS I EVER STAYED, CAN WALK ANY WHERE RIGHT NEXT TO "T" STOP
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Fantastic hotel, great vibe."
Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was fantastic, room very quiet and some with excellent views. Very clean. Bar/restaurants in hotel were great, very popular.
Other trip May 5, 2015
katie
"Great hotel and interesting history"
The hotel was clean and the staff couldn't be more helpful. I highly recommend to anyone
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Nice hotel walking distance to downtown activities"
We enjoyed our stay and got a great price however we were shocked that parking is $50 per night and that was not disclosed to us prior. Out bathroom scale was broken and the towels were rough. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Very loud parties in the lobby bar on weekends, but you cant hear it on the 5th floor.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Traveler
"A must-see in Boston!"
Amazing hotel! I wish we had stayed there longer. So fantastic.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Kate
Beautiful hotel. Friendly staff. Everything was great until we got room service from the lock down menu. The buffalo wings were so salty they were inedible. The burger was over cooked, bun was soggy and they forgot some of the toppings. Way overcharged for the quality of food I recieved. I would stay again but won't be ordering any food.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for your feedback and for your kind words about our property and staff. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy the quality of your room service food. I have reported this to our Chef to review further as we do not usually have complaints about food quality. We look forward to seeing you again!
Other trip May 3, 2015
Dee
"My weekend in prison"
I stayed at The Liberty over the weekend of the marathon.The old prison has been converted into something that wows the traveler as they enter. The lobby has to be seen to be believed. A truly beautiful piece of architecture. The service was representative of the hotel. I was greeted by Stephanie who was extremely polite, informative of the hotel and helpful in pointing me to some local bars whilst I explored the nieghbourhood. I have nothing but good things to say about her and I found this indicative of the quality service I received during my stay at the hotel. The room was clean, very well appointed and had amazing views over the city. It is right next to Beacon Hill which is a lovely area to explore but in all honesty nothing is to far from the hotel. Boston is a great walking city and The Liberty offers a good starting point for this. It's location close to North Station was also helpful for me on this occasion. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Liberty and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Ben
"Perfect spot for our romantic getaway"
I booked this a few days ahead of time & requested a room on a high floor with a view if possible. I wasn't sure if I hadn't booked it soon enough to get these requests, but we were on the top floor (16) with a great view of the Charles River & Cambridge. The room was very clean & the bed super comfy and cloud-like, which I am very picky about. The bathroom was spotless and high end. I liked their assortment of soaps & even a mini mending kit. They give u complimentary slippers too. The only downside in my opinion was the $48/night for parking, but there was a deal on the hotel price, so it wasn't a deal breaker. The lobby is gorgeous, but make sure u have ur room key out when coming back on a weekend night- there was a line to get in the hotel when we got back late at night because there appears to be a club on the ground floor & there was music & a bar on the upper lobby level. As soon as we showed our key, they let us right in & we didn't have to wait in line. We couldn't hear anything from the lobby in our room. I liked the history of the hotel too. I picked this hotel because it's close to the Museum of Science, where my boyfriend wanted to see a Pink Floyd laser light show. It's less than a 10 min walk, and very pretty, along the river. We walked a few mins past the musuem for dinner at the Cheescake Factory in the Cambridgeside Galleria mall, where there are many other restaurants and shops. Great spot- would def return!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Molly
"Scampo"
Stayed at Liberty because my brother and I had reservations at Scampo. I got a good deal and value wise this was a great choice of hotels
"Great facility"
Hotel was awesome. Great Hx. Room cleaning little bit of issue.
"Visiting Boston Colleges"
The staff was most helpful in giving us directions how to get around the city of Boston. Also, offered us a choice on room upon checking in. The hotel is a beautifully refurbished prison and the atmosphere is very trendy chic. Big open lobby you can sit in and people watch while having lunch or drinks. The rooms a spacious enough for a city hotel and beds were comfortable. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay overnight. Will def return to this one.
Tina
"Awesome hotel!"
We had a fantastic stay! The night we came there was a fashion show going on which was so fun! I absolutely will be staying here again!
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Taryn
The hotel is a great place to stay. The service by all the staff was great. The location is good for walking to Beacon Hill and multiple historical areas. The best Westin hotel I've stayed in over 30 years of traveling
5 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Two day stint..."
Stayed at Liberty Hotel for two days, one for business and one for pleasure. The hotel is in excellent condition and architecturally pleasing, far and away more unique than the Ritz, Four Seasons or Westin. The lobby area was very conducive to business and fun time. The location is quite central, easy to walk pretty much anywhere or to hop on the T just across the street. I would definitely stay here again and might go as far to say I would prefer this hotel over my usuals in the city.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
David G
"The opposite of luxury"
I booked my stay here because the location was convenient and the price was an offer I wanted to take advantage of. When I got there, I wasn’t sure if I had the right place because they seemed to have some kind of event being held and the entrance was blocked off by the party goers. Once I checked in, I understood why I paid what I paid. The carpet was dirty, the lamps on both sides of the bed flickered on/off with the slightest touch of the nightstand, the toilet at one point was not flushing properly and nearly overflowed, the furniture was beat/chipped on every side, there was dust accumulating on the main desk and when I tried to turn on the heat to warm up the room, the vents emitted such an awful, musty smell that I had to turn off the heat. I could overlook all of that if it wasn't for the fact that 1) they checked me out of my room without my permission, and 2) they send me a final statement with a charge incurred for use of the mini-bar. The only time I ever even got near the mini-bar was when I was checking out the room;I never ate anything and I noticed that there were 3 items missing from the bar that were listed on the menu when I checked into my room. I called 3 times and even left them a message to return my call, they have not followed-up. This is not what I should expect with a hotel that touts itself as "luxury." You can't categorize a hotel as luxury, place Molton Brown products in the bathrooms and call it a day. I'm fairly certain that's not how it works.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. I’m quite alarmed to hear about the numerous issues you encountered during your visit. It appears that the room you checked in was not prepared properly for a guest arrival, with issues that should have been addressed prior to check in. I am so sorry! We are a wonderful luxury hotel and it is disappointing to hear that you experienced the exception; hopefully we can change your impression around on a future visit.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Doaa
"Night Club with Hotel"
The Liberty is a fun place, with a great look and theme. However, realistically you are paying mostly for the cool lobby and the bars and nightclub scene. The rooms are OK, the location is great, but it can be pretty noisy and crowded and night in the main areas and there really isn't a place to meet and chat over a nice meal as much as dance the night away to thumping music. Also, you don't get any special perks like breakfast or parking by staying there.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for your review and for your positive comments on our theme, architecture and location. Our lobby and myriad food and beverage offerings are indeed vibrant on the weekends; if you prefer less energy, come visit us midweek! Thanks again for staying with us.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Worth a try, but probably wouldn't spend again"
The hotel lobby is pretty cool but the rooms themselves are pretty standard. It was pretty expensive to stay here too, I have stayed at other hotels that are as nice and less money. It's not in the easiest area to just park yourself so if you are staying here you are better off doing valet or taking the T (to charles/mgh).
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Weekend in Boston"
Spent 2 nights at the Liberty Hotel. Expedia had a great 24 hour deal for the Liberty. Perfect location to the Science Museum and Charles St. Walking distance to Chinatown, Faniuel Hall and over the bridge from Cambridge. Great lobby bar.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
J
We went on a Thursday night and had the opportunity to watch the fashion show. It was a lot of fun!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
I loved the hotel. It's location is perfect. The staff was excellent. They went out of their way to be helpful. I will definitely return on my next trip to Boston.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
marcia
"Flawless"
Unexpectedly fabulous! The location across from the T stop was so fantastic, the hotel itself was historic and it was a boutique hotel experience with enough quirk that it wasn't stuffy. Would jump at the chance to stay at the Liberty Hotel again.
3 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
keegan
"Liberty Hotel is tops in Boston."
Stayed at most of the 4 star hotels in Boston and this is one of the best for sure. Rooms are exceptional and location is ideal.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Awesome!"
The hotel and staff were awesome! Parking was pricey, but over all the staff and service were great! Absolutely loved the historical value of the hotel and the atmosphere! We will visit again!
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
joseph
"Great location, cool history"
Blocks from the Boston Gardens/The Commons. Within walking distance to the Boston Museum of Science.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
A wonderful space, that is so unique and appealing. The shower enclosure leaked a bit, which was surprising, but not a terribly relevant issue. A great night overall.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Just a hotel"
Staff was not very knowledgeable and had a little bit of an attitude when asked something. A hotel car to the train station for $55 was too expensive for a five minute ride. The room was too small and not very comfortable as such. The hotel is hot all the hype they pretend it to be.
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Jorge
"Overpriced Hotel Stay"
Not worth the money at all. I believe I booked this at a lower price than what I was charged. We never received a confirmation email with pricing (that I can find) or I would have called immediately.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for your feedback! I urge you to connect with hotels.com if you have a question regarding your rate, as the Liberty did not charge you for room and tax charges. We hope this gets resolved and that you will return again in the future.
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
hector
"Staying in Boston after an event."
This hotel is the happening place in Boston! At check in, the offer a glass of champagne to start your stay. I had an amazing view of the Charles River and the Boston sky line to the point I didn't want to close the drapes to sleep. The all staff from the maid to concierge were friendly and helpfully. The restaurants in the hotel are amazing.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for sharing this amazing review, it sounds like you had a stellar stay at The Liberty from start to finish and we couldn't be more pleased to hear that! Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
1 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"fab stay"
fab!!!!!
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Glad to hear that you had a fab stay at The Liberty, thanks for the review! Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great Stay for a Bruins Game"
Amazing hotel in a great location. Check in was easy, and valet prompt when we were ready to leave. The staff was pleasant and attentive. Would definitely stay again the next time we are in Boston.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for the complimentary remarks regarding our friendly staff and great location, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Jamie
"Great Experience"
Was there for three days for a conference. Wonderful!
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at The Liberty during your conference, thank you for sharing! Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Great location."
Overall nice hotel. Bath towels on par with a budget motel- not what I would expect at a 'Luxury' Hotel.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for sharing this review. I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our towels, we will follow up with Housekeeping to review their condition. Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
M
"Don't waste the money! Worst service & overpriced!"
Stayed overnight with a friend for a girl's weekend. Wish we stayed somewhere else! So disappointed about so much. Be prepared for front desk service without a smile - the gentleman who checked us out didn't even ask how our stay was and couldn't even smile! Also, be prepared to pay $49.00 per DAY (so a 1 night stay is 2 days of parking) as a hotel "guest" to park your car there. Yes - I paid $98 to park for a one night stay as their beloved hotel guest!!! Also, we ordered 12 buffalo chicken wings through room service. They cost $36 (more than my dinner entree at Scampo that night!!!), and also they tack on a $10 delivery charge. 12 wings and a small pizza cost us $75. Then they "mistakenly" charged us for a missing bottle of wine and something else out of the mini bar that we didn't touch and charged me $47, which I had credited. The person I had to deal with for the credit was a complete GROUCH in the accounting department that was SO rude to me, even though I was being as cordial and polite as possible for having the worst hotel experience ever. I will never go back to this hotel, for any of the bars, restaurants, etc and certainly will never recommend staying at the overpriced, overrated, scam of a hotel. Go to Boston Harbor Hotel or the Intercontinental for a better experience!!
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you very much for your candid feedback, we appreciate it! We’re so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. This is not the exceptional service we are known for at The Liberty. I am sorry that you did not have a good checkout experience – all guests should receive a smile and a warm greeting. I also apologize that you were not pleased with some of our pricing; we do continuously monitor our pricing to ensure that it is competitive with similar hotels in the city. Parking unfortunately is a premium, but we do try to add value by providing unlimited in and out privileges to our guests. It’s unfortunate that your last encounter was not pleasant and you were charged incorrectly. This feedback is very helpful and I will address with our team. We hope to serve you better in the future!
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"great experience and would definitely stay again"
Very nice place to stay and convenient to Quincy market. Just found that room service was very expensive. The clink restaurant was good but pricey. Expample $5 for a fountain soda.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
Thank you for sharing this review and for the comments regarding our convenient location, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Corey
Liberty was amazing. Beautiful, unique property, formerly Boston jail. Superb staff.
Response by The Liberty Hotel - A Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the unique aspect of The Liberty, and also our friendly staff - we look forward to seeing you back here again soon! Kind regards, Brian L. Director of Rooms
Other trip Mar 23, 2015