All hotels in North Augusta, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here103 W Forest Ave, North Augusta, SC, 29841, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Great B&B"
Great B&B! Sammie was very welcoming, gave us a bit of history of the place, ideas for things to do! Beautiful rooms and courtyard! Better than pictured
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
char
Absolutely an exquisite experience
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Jimmy
"Nice quiet Inn"
My wife and came to North Augusta for business and stayed at the Lookaway Inn for 3 nights. We recommend this Inn to anyone who enjoys early 1900 history and architecture. The staff there was pleasantly curtious and a joy to visit with. The room was historic, clean and very comfortable. We would stay there again and recommend it to family and friends.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Donald
"Conveinent location with beautiful view"
This was a lovely inn with historic charm. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The location is close to restaurants, River Walk and downtown Augusta. Great stay!
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Travelers
It was a BEAUTIFUL hotel, very historic looking. The only issue was the pillows were NOT comfortable at all. Room was clean, very quiet and staff was very friendly. A great experience for a great price.
Response by Lookaway Inn
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to post such a nice review - we have replaced the pillows and hope you will return again soon.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
G.Taylor
"Nice Inn overlooking the city"
My boyfriend and I stayed in the Jasmine room and loved it. The innkeeper, Sammy, was very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. The inn was just a short, 5 minute drive from Broad street, which is where a lot of the restaurants are located. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone visiting the area!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Different/Accomodating"
The main building is beautiful. You will not be staying there. You will be in an addition. The back building looks nice. It's clean, very charming, and private. The feeling of bed and breakfast is there, but you do not get breakfast. You do not even get a hot meal. There are no refrigerators and there is no access to a laundry room.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Holloway
Our room & staff was very nice. Breakfast was coffee/tea and prepackaged cake that we got from behind the counter, which was not ideal. A local bakery item would have been more palatable or a recommendation of a local place to eat.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"not a mansion room"
room Ok did not have access to the home to sit and perhaps just read a book on a cold day etc. Augusta is a poor downtown area, quite schocking to see so many store fronts closed etc. Only good things were the cotton museum and perhaps the art museum. restaurants OK. Don't spend any time here, just pass through!
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Very convenient"
This was a convenient and very reasonably priced inn. We were within easy walking distance of my brother's house. Great view, fantastic location and very comfortable and large rooms. And the service was outstanding, particularly since the personnel were working over Christmas when I'm sure they would have rather been at home. We'll definitely stay here again versus using a chain hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Eric L.
"best view of a charming southern city"
I booked a room for a single night for my mother and I. She is not disabled, but does walk with a cane. Neither of us had been to North Augusta, and after a night at the Lookaway we wished we could have stayed longer. The views from the front porch are unbelievable. You can see a wide sweep of the town. This Inn delivers comfort, cleanliness and hospitality on a budget. I've stayed in historical Inns in the past, and you often trade historical charm for convenience, with a lack of electric plugs or water pressure in the shower. This is not the case at the Lookaway, as the actual quarters were added later, maintaining the aesthetic of the original building. And my mother felt extremely safe with the modifications they made in the handicapped suite. You'll be charmed by the hospitality, the brick patio and the wide porches. You'll be relieved that you have enough plugs for your cell phone and you can take a great shower before bed. If you're looking for an anonymous room and a full breakfast, you won't find it here. If you like talking to people and exploring your surroundings, I'd recommend the comfort and kindness available at the Lookaway.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Boutique historic hotel."
The staff, Sammy and Quenton, were very accommodating and friendly. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had a king bed and whirlpool tub. After riding a motorcycle for three days, the tub was a very welcome treasure! I would highly recommend a stay at the Lookaway Inn if you are in the Augusta or North Augusta area. I would even drive out of my way to stay here. The private patio out our door and the inviting courtyard were unexpected perks! I rarely write reviews, but this place is very deserving!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Phyl
"Great Business Stay"
Great little hotel offers nice change from the chain hotels. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location too!
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
"Great bed and breakfast"
Sammy, the inn keeper and owner, was kind and attentive. We were in the ADA compliant room, the Cyprus room, which was very spacious and had an enormous bathroom. We were there for the Ironman Augusta race and he opened up the inn for us at 4:30 for breakfast. The B&B is beautiful and comfortable. We did have some issues with there being only one thermostat for the two rooms on the bottom floor, but he gave us access to the room and let us change it to our comfort level as needed. Be aware that there is only continental breakfast served in the morning. We would stay again!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Historical Southern Mansion"
We had a very nice stay in this well kept and well run historical mansion in Augusta, GA. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the surroundings are very pleasant.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Friendly & Hospitable"
Very clean room, walked around barefoot on the hardwood! Staff is so friendly and personable. They drew me maps of the area to places I asked about and gave me a personal cell number in case I got lost. I will recommend this place to all my family and friends. They treated me like part of their family. Had a late check in and it was no big deal, they worked with me and for me.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Nice stay!!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"An absolute gem!"
Our stay at the Lookaway was amazing. It is a beautifully renovated building with a gorgeous view of the Augusta area. Surrounded by quiet neighborhoods and a lovely garden. Each room is unique and very comfortable. But the staff/service is the most wonderful part --- the owners were around all weekend to assist us...and the rest of the staff was amazing as well. We will not think twice about visiting again! It's a must if you stay in Augusta.
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Claire
"Almost like home!"
If you're looking for a romantic, quiet getaway this is the place. Our room was clean, very comfortable, and quiet. The manager's hospitality was fantastic. The Inn has a respect for guest after 10 p.m. policy that I thought was wonderful. The decor was well done with such attention to detail. There is an option for breakfast to be delivered to your room in the morning, but we preferred to have our pastry breakfast in the main house and on the front porch overlooking the incredible view. We did not see it as a huge drawback, but other's might. There is no "staff" to which you may get ice refills or a cup of coffee. There are no mini-fridges, microwaves, or coffee makers in these beautiful rooms. However, I do believe if we had asked in advance for a coffee maker, it would have graciously been provided. It was a very enjoyable two days and when we have to go back to South Carolina again, we will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Audrey
"Great experience"
I was in town for the GRU commencement ceremony and only spent one night in the hotel. We were called ahead by the staff to both confirm the reservation and on the day of check-in to make sure we were not lost. The service was great. I was very pleased with the room. The location was great. The hotel is easy accessible and close to shopping and dining. Overall great experience :)
1 night business trip May 9, 2013
"Soooooo gooooood!"
This is the perfect getaway for a romantic weekend. Kelly and Diana are the best hosts, the house is beautiful, you can even rent their bikes. It's the perfect b&b getaway.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Eefke and Hugo
"Quick Business Stay"
Very cute and clean rooms, HOWEVER, I did NOT like the fact I did not have control of the temperature in my room. The person in the room next to me had control....so I ended up freezing all night.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2013
"Adorable hotel, friendly staff, felt like home"
I travel 200+ days out of the year and like to mix up my hotel stays. I came across this hotel on hotels.com and absolutely loved it. Each room was off the main mansion house, which had an old fashioned southern feel which is what I was hoping for! The owner was the epitome of southern hospitality too. The room was more like a friend's spare bedroom than a hotel room, which made me sleep better than I ever do in hotel chains. The little town was cute too. The only downside is they didn't have a fitness center on site, but they provided me with a local gym to go to. I can't wait to come back!
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2013
Brittany
pillows were rather large
1 night trip Mar 18, 2013
"Great Night!"
The Lookaway Inn was a great spot on our stay in N. Augusta, SC for a concert in Augusta, GA. The staff was very friendly, in particular Sammy, who was there during check-in and check-out. He gave us a tour of the beautiful main building and gave us some of the history of the home. Our room was spacious and spotless. The beds were very comfortable. We didn't want for anything. They have a beautiful courtyard that would be very nice in pleasant weather. The Inn was also very close to downtown Augusta, GA (much more so than the chain hotels out on I-20) but felt 'safer' than venues down around Broad Street. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Two items to be aware of: the TV's are small but they are HD so we found them very easy to watch. The floors are all hardwoods so if anyone is walking above you with shoes on you'll hear them. This was a wonderful place to stay!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"A Unique Experience"
The Lookaway Inn is a lovely inn. The house was built in 1902 and is in excellent condition. The rooms were built on a bit later. Each room has different decor, but each room is very well done and maintained. I loved the hardwood floors and the high ceilings in each of the rooms. I highly recommend the Lookaway Inn.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Judy
"Experience could have been better"
I was disappointed with some the service and a couple of items that could have made the experience better. The hotel has the historic look and feel that a person booking it would expect and the plumbing and other items that you might think would be a concern for and old building were not a problem. However, there is no thermostat in the room for control, one day I returned to find that there had been no maid service (they immediately perform maid service once I told them), and the tv was so small (like 17") that you could not see it without putting a chair inches away from it. I got ice in my room 1 out of four days and the coffee maker in my rrom had to swapped because it would not work.
4 night trip Dec 3, 2012
"Great Boutique Hotel!"
The hotel was beautiful and the stay was very comfortable. You would expect to pay twice as much in a city like Charleston. Lookaway in was full of charm and Ingrid and I had a blast in the Augusta area. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel!
Other trip Dec 4, 2012
Wayne
"Classic North Augusta experience"
It has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The hotel is beautiful and convenient to Augusta Georgia as well. This is not the place, to get some work done, in your room. The wireless is pitiful.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2012
Doc
"Historic Gem"
Very good stay at the lookaway. Love the history behind it and the location. Your room comes with the newspaper, breakfast, full cable tv, parking and more. Def recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for something different.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2012
Raul
"Beautiful, Historic Mansion"
The hotel basically didn't have service when I was there. I was notified in advance that check-in had to be between 3:00pm and 7:00pm because there would be no one manning the front desk after 7:00pm. If you're a "service needy" customer, this may not be the hotel for you. Check out is at 10:00am, which seems about an hour too soon to me. I was told that the thermostat in my room also controlled the temperature in the adjacent room. If you're very temperature sensitive, this may not be the hotel for you. However, the female owner is very friendly and accommodating, and she has a passion for the history of the hotel and its sister-mansion (The Rosemary Inn..which she and her husband also own) that is located across the street. If you have an appreciation for history and architecture, and for beautiful locations, the Lookaway Inn is a great choice.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
"Great romantic Southern mansion"
My wife and I stayed here for a weekend to get away and throughly enjoyed it. The room was spotless and the owner took great care to make sure we knew where everything was and left his cell phone number if we needed anything. There weren't many restaurants within walking distance, but Augusta doesn't seem to have a lot outside of Broad Street. Overall we had a great experience at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2012
Great hotel, clean, historic, friendly had a good time. Staff was knowledgeable.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"An August Stay in North Augusta"
Spectacular! The lodgings, the furnishings, the view, the neighborhood, the history, the inn keeper. Everything.
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
"great boutique hotel."
Very nice boutique hotel in an area where good hotels are hard to find. Needs some paint though.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012
"Amazing"
This place was incredible. I cant believe the price was that low!!! They could easily ask for so much more. If I am back in Augusta I will without a doubt stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2012
"Feels like home with family and friends"
Sammy, the property manager, was absolutely wonderful and made us feel right at home. Our room was very comfortable and spacious; much improved from a hotel room. The antique decor was charming in this 1800's Inn.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2012
S White
"True Southern Charm"
I grew up in Augusta and past this beautiful old home for years. I always wondered about the story of the home and the treasures within. My Mother and I were coming home for a birthday party and I saw that the home is now an inn; so I took the opportunity to stay. I was not disappointed. It is good to see that someone has taken the time to preserve the southern charm of this old home. The room was beautifully decorated with old world charm and new world amenities. The room was spacious and great retreat from the heat. Thanks to the staff for making this a great weekend.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
EAD
"Love it!"
I loved staying here! I travel from Oregon to Georgia every week for work and out of all the places I've stayed, this is my favorite! The internet is a little slow, although I assume most people who stay here are traveling on vacation and not a business trip....in which case the Internet speed probably wouldn't be as important. They have also had the "geek squads" out this week, so the Internet speed has gotten better. At any rate, this is a GREAT place to stay.
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
Corinn
"great alternative from classic hotel stay"
clean room, great individual attention to detail & well worth the change from hotel chains. great location to both GA and SC. good sized rooms with high ceilings & plush beds! Slept very well- refreshing change from usual hotel stays-
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2012

"Great place to stay."
A great place to stay. The Lookaway Inn is situated in a quiet part of North Augusta but close to all amenities. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean, comfortable and airy. The staff are friendly, helpful and very attentative. Nothing is any trouble.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Fabulous Experience"
This hotel was a fabulous experience, because it was so much better than a stay in other hotels or B and Bs. The home itself is so gorgeous. I loved sitting in the entry and living rooms and just looking at the architecture and furnishings - incredible! The room looked like a motel room from the outside, but that was deceiving, because the room itself is spacious with high ceilings and lovely furnishings. But, what made this "experience" most special was Sammy. He was a wonderful host. He is professional, personable, knowledgeable and a great piano player as well!
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
Bonnie
"Southern Comfort"
Giving a rating of 5 for all categories is a clue as to how we feel following a 6 night stay at Lookaway Inn. However, it doesn't really describe our experience. The Inn is very striking, the location was perfect (for us#, the room was so comfortable and clean and the staff could not have been more attentive. A word of caution for Brits #like us). This is an Inn, not a full service hotel but what it lacks in facilities it more than makes up for in ambience and personal service. And if you've never had breakfast at Sunrise Grill or Talapia and Shrimp at Ruby Tuesdays you haven't lived.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
Graham & Carol

"wunderschönes Hotel mit Stil"
Wir wurden sehr herzlich und vor der eigentlichen Check in- Zeit empfangen. Das Zimmer war sehr sauber und hübsch eingerichtet. Das sehr grosse Badezimmer hat uns gut gefallen. Der Innenhof mit einigen Tischen ist ideal zum Frühstücken. Wir würden das Lookaway Inn jederzeit wieder buchen.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Gabriela
CH
"Hôtel de charme"
Un véritable enchantement cette demeure historique, tout est parfait. Nous comptons bien y revenir pour un séjour plus long et profiter du charme et de la quiétude du lieux.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013