All hotels in North Augusta, South Carolina, United States of America
103 W Forest Ave, North Augusta, SC, 29841, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Clean
    Great room
    Location is ok
"The Lookaway Inn"
We stayed at the Lookaway for one night. It was a beautiful room and the inn itself was very charming - the inn keeper was attentive and helpful. The only thing we would suggest is that they improve the breakfast offerings - continental breakfast had prepackaged rolls, etc. We would have liked some fresh bakery items.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Historical home"
Manger is very helpful...went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Sammie was awesome! Beautiful Inn and interesting history.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"Awesome stay, historical information"
The only complaint was no one was there when I checked out. My credit card was given for incidentals and I would have felt better knowing the pending was removed.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Southern Hospitality"
A very quaint old Southern hospitality.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Tracey
"Historic Hotel"
A very nice historic hotel in Borth Augusta. Pleasant stay in historic room with modern A/C.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Andor
"Great B&B"
Great B&B! Sammie was very welcoming, gave us a bit of history of the place, ideas for things to do! Beautiful rooms and courtyard! Better than pictured
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
char
Absolutely an exquisite experience
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Jimmy
"Nice quiet Inn"
My wife and came to North Augusta for business and stayed at the Lookaway Inn for 3 nights. We recommend this Inn to anyone who enjoys early 1900 history and architecture. The staff there was pleasantly curtious and a joy to visit with. The room was historic, clean and very comfortable. We would stay there again and recommend it to family and friends.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Donald
"Conveinent location with beautiful view"
This was a lovely inn with historic charm. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The location is close to restaurants, River Walk and downtown Augusta. Great stay!
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Travelers
Lovely get-away place. Room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Friendly staff. Would visit again.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
It was a BEAUTIFUL hotel, very historic looking. The only issue was the pillows were NOT comfortable at all. Room was clean, very quiet and staff was very friendly. A great experience for a great price.
Response by Lookaway Inn
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to post such a nice review - we have replaced the pillows and hope you will return again soon.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
G.Taylor
"Nice Inn overlooking the city"
My boyfriend and I stayed in the Jasmine room and loved it. The innkeeper, Sammy, was very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. The inn was just a short, 5 minute drive from Broad street, which is where a lot of the restaurants are located. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone visiting the area!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Different/Accomodating"
The main building is beautiful. You will not be staying there. You will be in an addition. The back building looks nice. It's clean, very charming, and private. The feeling of bed and breakfast is there, but you do not get breakfast. You do not even get a hot meal. There are no refrigerators and there is no access to a laundry room.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Holloway
Our room & staff was very nice. Breakfast was coffee/tea and prepackaged cake that we got from behind the counter, which was not ideal. A local bakery item would have been more palatable or a recommendation of a local place to eat.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"not a mansion room"
room Ok did not have access to the home to sit and perhaps just read a book on a cold day etc. Augusta is a poor downtown area, quite schocking to see so many store fronts closed etc. Only good things were the cotton museum and perhaps the art museum. restaurants OK. Don't spend any time here, just pass through!
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Very convenient"
This was a convenient and very reasonably priced inn. We were within easy walking distance of my brother's house. Great view, fantastic location and very comfortable and large rooms. And the service was outstanding, particularly since the personnel were working over Christmas when I'm sure they would have rather been at home. We'll definitely stay here again versus using a chain hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Eric L.
"best view of a charming southern city"
I booked a room for a single night for my mother and I. She is not disabled, but does walk with a cane. Neither of us had been to North Augusta, and after a night at the Lookaway we wished we could have stayed longer. The views from the front porch are unbelievable. You can see a wide sweep of the town. This Inn delivers comfort, cleanliness and hospitality on a budget. I've stayed in historical Inns in the past, and you often trade historical charm for convenience, with a lack of electric plugs or water pressure in the shower. This is not the case at the Lookaway, as the actual quarters were added later, maintaining the aesthetic of the original building. And my mother felt extremely safe with the modifications they made in the handicapped suite. You'll be charmed by the hospitality, the brick patio and the wide porches. You'll be relieved that you have enough plugs for your cell phone and you can take a great shower before bed. If you're looking for an anonymous room and a full breakfast, you won't find it here. If you like talking to people and exploring your surroundings, I'd recommend the comfort and kindness available at the Lookaway.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Boutique historic hotel."
The staff, Sammy and Quenton, were very accommodating and friendly. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had a king bed and whirlpool tub. After riding a motorcycle for three days, the tub was a very welcome treasure! I would highly recommend a stay at the Lookaway Inn if you are in the Augusta or North Augusta area. I would even drive out of my way to stay here. The private patio out our door and the inviting courtyard were unexpected perks! I rarely write reviews, but this place is very deserving!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Phyl
"Great Business Stay"
Great little hotel offers nice change from the chain hotels. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location too!
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
"Great bed and breakfast"
Sammy, the inn keeper and owner, was kind and attentive. We were in the ADA compliant room, the Cyprus room, which was very spacious and had an enormous bathroom. We were there for the Ironman Augusta race and he opened up the inn for us at 4:30 for breakfast. The B&B is beautiful and comfortable. We did have some issues with there being only one thermostat for the two rooms on the bottom floor, but he gave us access to the room and let us change it to our comfort level as needed. Be aware that there is only continental breakfast served in the morning. We would stay again!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Historical Southern Mansion"
We had a very nice stay in this well kept and well run historical mansion in Augusta, GA. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the surroundings are very pleasant.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Friendly & Hospitable"
Very clean room, walked around barefoot on the hardwood! Staff is so friendly and personable. They drew me maps of the area to places I asked about and gave me a personal cell number in case I got lost. I will recommend this place to all my family and friends. They treated me like part of their family. Had a late check in and it was no big deal, they worked with me and for me.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Nice stay!!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"An absolute gem!"
Our stay at the Lookaway was amazing. It is a beautifully renovated building with a gorgeous view of the Augusta area. Surrounded by quiet neighborhoods and a lovely garden. Each room is unique and very comfortable. But the staff/service is the most wonderful part --- the owners were around all weekend to assist us...and the rest of the staff was amazing as well. We will not think twice about visiting again! It's a must if you stay in Augusta.
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Claire
"Almost like home!"
If you're looking for a romantic, quiet getaway this is the place. Our room was clean, very comfortable, and quiet. The manager's hospitality was fantastic. The Inn has a respect for guest after 10 p.m. policy that I thought was wonderful. The decor was well done with such attention to detail. There is an option for breakfast to be delivered to your room in the morning, but we preferred to have our pastry breakfast in the main house and on the front porch overlooking the incredible view. We did not see it as a huge drawback, but other's might. There is no "staff" to which you may get ice refills or a cup of coffee. There are no mini-fridges, microwaves, or coffee makers in these beautiful rooms. However, I do believe if we had asked in advance for a coffee maker, it would have graciously been provided. It was a very enjoyable two days and when we have to go back to South Carolina again, we will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Audrey
"Great experience"
I was in town for the GRU commencement ceremony and only spent one night in the hotel. We were called ahead by the staff to both confirm the reservation and on the day of check-in to make sure we were not lost. The service was great. I was very pleased with the room. The location was great. The hotel is easy accessible and close to shopping and dining. Overall great experience :)
1 night business trip May 9, 2013
"Soooooo gooooood!"
This is the perfect getaway for a romantic weekend. Kelly and Diana are the best hosts, the house is beautiful, you can even rent their bikes. It's the perfect b&b getaway.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Eefke and Hugo
"Quick Business Stay"
Very cute and clean rooms, HOWEVER, I did NOT like the fact I did not have control of the temperature in my room. The person in the room next to me had control....so I ended up freezing all night.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2013
"Adorable hotel, friendly staff, felt like home"
I travel 200+ days out of the year and like to mix up my hotel stays. I came across this hotel on hotels.com and absolutely loved it. Each room was off the main mansion house, which had an old fashioned southern feel which is what I was hoping for! The owner was the epitome of southern hospitality too. The room was more like a friend's spare bedroom than a hotel room, which made me sleep better than I ever do in hotel chains. The little town was cute too. The only downside is they didn't have a fitness center on site, but they provided me with a local gym to go to. I can't wait to come back!
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2013
Brittany
pillows were rather large
1 night trip Mar 18, 2013
"Great Night!"
The Lookaway Inn was a great spot on our stay in N. Augusta, SC for a concert in Augusta, GA. The staff was very friendly, in particular Sammy, who was there during check-in and check-out. He gave us a tour of the beautiful main building and gave us some of the history of the home. Our room was spacious and spotless. The beds were very comfortable. We didn't want for anything. They have a beautiful courtyard that would be very nice in pleasant weather. The Inn was also very close to downtown Augusta, GA (much more so than the chain hotels out on I-20) but felt 'safer' than venues down around Broad Street. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Two items to be aware of: the TV's are small but they are HD so we found them very easy to watch. The floors are all hardwoods so if anyone is walking above you with shoes on you'll hear them. This was a wonderful place to stay!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013

"Great place to stay."
A great place to stay. The Lookaway Inn is situated in a quiet part of North Augusta but close to all amenities. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean, comfortable and airy. The staff are friendly, helpful and very attentative. Nothing is any trouble.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013

"wunderschönes Hotel mit Stil"
Wir wurden sehr herzlich und vor der eigentlichen Check in- Zeit empfangen. Das Zimmer war sehr sauber und hübsch eingerichtet. Das sehr grosse Badezimmer hat uns gut gefallen. Der Innenhof mit einigen Tischen ist ideal zum Frühstücken. Wir würden das Lookaway Inn jederzeit wieder buchen.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Gabriela
CH
"Hôtel de charme"
Un véritable enchantement cette demeure historique, tout est parfait. Nous comptons bien y revenir pour un séjour plus long et profiter du charme et de la quiétude du lieux.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
FR
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Jocelyne

TripAdvisor reviews for Lookaway Inn

"Wow, wow, wow - except breakfast"
09/17/15 KeswickTraveller Ashford, United Kingdom
The owners totally get my vote for buying and restoring both these iconic, landmark, buildings in North Augusta and you can only begin to guess the problems they have faced and are still facing. When I booked I didn't know that the Rosemary (across the road) was in the same ownership and, I didn't realise that the owners provide a "Gourmet Breakfast" in the Rosemary but only a pre-packaged mass produced Danish and a banana in the Lookaway. Grab & go may be fine for business users but it isn't right that holiday visitors have to go to Wendy's after staying in such wonderful surroundings. May I suggest that the gourmet experience be offered as are supplement? We would have been more than happy to have walked across the road.
"Impressive!"
08/27/15 stokescd North Augusta, South Carolina
This B&B is in the town I live in so when I needed a place for my dad and his wife to stay this is where I chose. The Lookaway is beautiful and the room was very large. They were impressed as soon as we drove onto the property. Sammy, the innkeeper, did a wonderful job making them feel at home by meeting us in the driveway and escorting them to their room. He personally went over everything and showed them around. They have a beautiful patio area just to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. It took 10 years for him to come visit but I bet it won't take another 10 to get him back. My other family that stayed at my house was jealous they didn't get to stay there too. Thanks Sammy, well done!
"Faded glory"
03/19/15 Ell4Bell4 Amsterdam
The main house is impressive, but the paint is flaking off the mighty columns, and the interior also has a melancholy feel of past glory to it. Now I happen to like this sort of thing. Add to this the pretty courtyard and veranda in front of the guest rooms, and the excellent care of Sammy, and you get a nice southern experience. It's well worth it to hire a bike with them: the one I had was in good shape and very easy to ride. I did the 25 km round trip to the headgate of the Savannah river without too much effort.
"Great B&B!"
03/19/15 Charzy12
First time visit. Sammie met us and got us settled in...even gave a history lesson! Since we were new to the areA, he gave us a listing of nearby restaurants and things to do. Will definitely return! Beautiful place with tons of culture! Fabulous rooms!
"Lovely B&B, Warm and Friendly Staff"
02/25/15 Katherine0243 Decatur, Georgia
Loolaway Inn is a gorgeous old home with an authentic addition that houses the guest rooms. My room (Hawthorne room) was lovely and felt like being at my grandmother's with the beautiful period pieces and lace curtains and at the same time felt like being in an expansive mansion with the 12 foot ceilings, crown molding, extra large room and hardwood floors. I slept soundly on the comfortable king bed lulled to sleep by the quiet and feeling of being at home. Sammy is a great host and went to extra lengths to find some gluten free alternatives for me for breakfast. Lookaway Inn was a fantastic break from my normal business hotel and I will definetly stay here again for business or a weekend get away.
"Wondderful and charming!"
01/23/15 Gordon C Hawaii
Every time I go the Augusta area I stay here. It is very quiet, Sammy is a wonderful host and I feel like I am home. If you like super modern big screen TV's and must have the latest and greatest technology, this isn't for you. However if you want to feel comfortable in a place oozing with southern charm and grace, then check this place out. The bathrooms are big, the ceilings are tall and you almost feel like it's your home.
"Secret of the South"
11/25/14 Anna M
Seriously- our experience at the Lookaway Inn was absolutely perfect from start to finish! Patricia and Sammy are the perfect hostess/host; they made us feel right at home. Beautiful, clean rooms! Sammy took us on a tour of the entire Inn after our breakfast; each room is as lovely as the next! He also gave us an interesting History lesson of the Inn and of the state of South Carolina. Can't wait to have our family reunion at the Lookaway (Look Out :)!!!!!!
"Quintessential southern charm and comfort."
11/03/14 160paulineg Loveland, Colorado
My husband and I arrived an hour and a half after check-in, but the innkeeper was still waiting for us and was so friendly and cheerful! My first glimpse of this inn was impressive: the sky was dark and there was a very bright full moon shining on the front of the antebellum style pillared front porch. The room we stayed in had a high ceiling, comfortable bed and plenty of room. The bathroom had been updated for modern use, but retained its charm with lace curtains and period furnishings. There was a door leading to a back porch, or veranda as Sammy, the innkeeper, called it. There was a courtyard in the back to have breakfast or just hang out. This place has a homey, calming atmosphere and I could just imagine being back in time 100 or so years. The next morning, Sammy let us tour the main house and take pictures. I loved it!
""Sammy saves the day""
10/31/14 steve C Bristol, United Kingdom
My wife and I stayed for 1 night whilst travelling to Charleston. Web picture showing outside frontage looks amazing, however in real life it does need a bit of TLC. The room we had was clean and tidy, situated in the rear of the property not in the mansion house itself. Breakfast is served in the main house but is sadly lacking in anything other than what comes in a wrapper, more than 1 morning of this and you would soon be eating elsewhere. The saviour of the day was our host Sammy, who is very friendly and helpful and with no prompting will play you a tune on the piano, even if it was only the uk national anthem. It certainly gave us a smile.
"One night at the Lookaway"
10/23/14 TomG46 Atlanta, Georgia
My girlfriend and I recently spent a night here as more or less a stopover in our drive to Charleston. We were met promptly by the innkeeper, Sammy, who could not have been a more pleasant and friendly individual. No need to describe the inn as it well characterized in other reviews. Everything about our stay was very nice. It was a weeknight and not too many guests there. Very quiet and peaceful. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Sammy went out of his way to insure our needs were met. We would not hesitate to stay there again the next time we are traveling through this area. Tom G