Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Vilamendhoo Island
Lagoon and white sands
Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, located on Vilamendhoo island, is a 25-minute seaplane flight from Maldives’ main international airport. The 5-acre slice of paradise is surrounded by a lagoon, colorful coral reef, and white sandy beaches.
Whale sharks and sailing
You can head out on an excursion to deep-sea fish or look for manta rays, turtles, and whale sharks. The excellent sports instructors offer lessons on sailing and windsurfing if you're looking for new challenges.
You can indulge in a pampering treatment, like a couples’ massage, at the full-service Duniye Spa, perched over the water. The all-inclusive package lets you dine and drink at most of the resort’s restaurants and bars, allowing you to sample all the different cuisines on offer.
Balconies or patios
All rooms feature patios or balconies with ocean, beach, or garden views, and WiFi lets you stay connected with the outside world. Jacuzzi Water Villas and Jacuzzi Beach Villas offer the ultimate in blissful comfort, with private sundecks and outdoor hot tubs.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 866-539-8117from $223
- Villa, Beachside
- Villa, Jetted Tub, Overwater
- Villa, Jetted Tub, Beachside
- Room, Garden View
At a glance
- This hotel has 184 rooms
- Check-in time starts at 1 PM
- Check-out time is noon
The cost of the transfer service is subject to change, and operates with limited service daily between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM. Guests arriving or departing outside of these hours are advised to book an overnight stay near the airport. A maximum luggage allowance of 20kg applies.
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
- Minimum check-in age is 15
- If you require a visa to enter the country, your hotel may be able to help with the supporting documents needed to obtain one *
Travelling with others
- Babysitting/childcare *
- No pets or service animals allowed
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi in rooms
- Airport shuttle at scheduled times *
- All-inclusive rates available
Nearby Four Star Vilamendhoo Island hotels
In the hotel
- 4 restaurants
- 4 bars/lounges
- 2 poolside bars
- Snack bar/deli
- Beach bar
- Room service (during limited hours)
- On private beach
- Beach sun loungers
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Children's pool
- Fitness facilities
- Outdoor tennis court
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Beach towels
- Pool sun loungers
- Tennis on site
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Arcade/game room
- Billiards or pool table
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Wedding services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Television in lobby
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Sofa bed
- Sofa bed size single
- Pillowtop mattress
- Balcony or patio
- Individually decorated
- Private bathroom
- Rainfall showerhead
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Cable TV channels
- DVD player
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
All-inclusive room rates at Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa are available. These rates are higher because they include onsite food and beverages in the room rate (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included. Additional gratuities at guests' discretion are accepted.
Food and beverages
- All buffet meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (some restrictions)
Activities and facilities/equipment
- Fitness facilities
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Airport transfers
- Use of golf cart
- Use of golf equipment
- Golf green fees
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Premium food items
- Room service
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Snorkeling gear
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
- Transportation to offsite activities
Duniye Spa has 6 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. The spa is equipped with a spa tub. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic.
DiningFunama Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
Ahima Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean and pool, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Asian Wok Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant specializes in Asian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered. Reservations are required.
Hot Rock Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant serves dinner only. Reservations are required.
The Bonthi Bar - This sports bar is located on the beach. Happy hour is offered. Open 24 hours.
Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Vilamendhoo Island’s small print
Also known as
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa
Children are welcome in the Garden Room and Beach Villa rooms. Only guests of 18 years and older will be accommodated in Jacuzzi Beach Villas & Jacuzzi Water Villas.
If you require a visa to enter the country, your hotel may be able to help with the supporting documents needed to obtain one. To learn more, you can reach out to the hotel via the contact details included on your booking confirmation. The hotel may charge for this assistance, even if you end up cancelling your reservation. All arrangements are solely between the hotel and yourself.
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
This property does not have elevators.
Transfers via floatplane are required and must be arranged at least 72 hours before travel by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments and can be made by contacting the property before arrival at the number on the booking confirmation.
You’ll be asked to pay the following charges at check in or check out:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 100
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 50 (from 2 to 14 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 100
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 50 (from 2 to 14 years old)
- Floatplane transfer per adult: USD 350 (roundtrip)
- Transfer service fee per child: USD 175 (roundtrip), (from 2 to 11 years old)
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.