All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
2137 Isaac Newton Drive, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"In Ames for track!!"
We were in town for a USA Track and Feild Event and this hotel was perfect! Close to downtown, restaurants, and not to far from the college! Rooms were very clean! The complimentary breakfast was great lots of good choices! Would highly recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Fairfield Inn, Ames, Iowa"
Had a most enjoyable two night stay. The staff was pleasant and so accommodating.!
Other trip May 6, 2015
Daughter going to school at ISU we will be traveling there often needing a great place to stay and i think we found one
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Nice Hotel. The Breakfast was very good. Beds were not comfortable and rooms were too cold or too hot. poor Temp. control.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
The staff were all helpful and nice. I found the hotel to be bright and clean. At night the only sound I heard was the sound of the rain falling outside. The morning breakfast was great!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
We had a great room, and staff was attentive and kind!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Hotel in Ames"
I enjoyed my stay there, nice, helpful people at the front desk
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Ed
"Bare bones."
Stayed at the Fairfield for an assignment at Iowa State. Talk about bare bones! The room was absolutely nothing special. Appreciated the fridge, but glasses would have been nice (you get dinky plastic cups each encased in plastic bags. Ick.) Even though the condition of the room was fine, it was just about as basic and bare bones as they come. Totally depressing. I will avoid in future.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Helen
Really good experience. Nice rooms. vacumm cleaner must not work, they kind of left a mess under the end table, other wise clean. sliding doors are really loud. And my veiw out my window was obstructed by the sign. I paid for a suite and had no veiw of daylight. just a bit upset about that. other wise ill be back. just not behind the sign.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Donnie
"College visit"
College tour. Ron was perfect for visiting ISU.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Dont change my room after I book it!"
Hotel is very updated and clean. Staff is friendly, breakfast is hot and lots of options for every palate. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are modern and clean. However, when I book a room through hotels.com, it asks me to specifically choose a room style (king or double queens) and quite often the price reflects the room style. I choose certain hotels for a reason (many times it is due to our needs to either have 1 king bed or 2 queens). I am very unhappy when I arrive at the hotel to find that the website has changed our room style and if I need to change it back, they want to charge more money!! I will be contacting hotels.com to give my remarks on this inconveninece. Otherwise, Fairfield Inn is wonderful in every way!!
3 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
denise
"Not so sweet suite"
My family got a suite right next door to our regular king sized room, and it was exactly the same size as our room. The only difference was it had a couch and a coffee table - not worth the extra money! Our room was ok - it was clean. Breakfast was actually pretty good. All in all, really my only complaint was about the suite - I expected more.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Cindy
Hotel staff very friendly, hot tub jets not working but still nice to sit in and relax.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
K
"Good stay"
The room is clean, closed captioning on tv was easy to set up, had a hard time using the Wi-Fi - weak, location next door is the construction, wish the book has a map of where the nearby shopping, restaurants, etc. The person on the front desk is pleasant but refuse to write down as I'm deaf. She chatting while I tried to ask her to write down on paper. Other than that, it was good.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Miller
"nice hotel"
hotel was easy to get to close to where we were going
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
William J
The hotel was nice... comfortable rooms, right off the interstate. The problem was that it was quite a ways away from everything else in the city.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Service was friendly and speedy. In general, it was a pleasant stay. The room was a good size, the bathroom had plenty of room. Loved that they had DirecTV. The only complaints we had were: The room was freezing when the air was on. Would have left it off, however, it's August in Iowa..... There was a stain on one of the bedspreads. We did not report either of these issues with the hotel. I'm sure if we would have, it would have been taken care of.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"College visit comfort"
I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency of the check-in....the girl who was running the desk obviously knows computers. The room was very clean and chilly, perfect on a very hot day! We went right to our room and settled in, comfy beds too. Nice clean bathroom, would have liked higher ADA toilets, but otherwise great. The breakfast was on par with most Marriott properties, lots of choices. The only lack was plates, but the attendant was working on it. We were there with many other college visit families, and the desk clerk was helpful with directions, and the property is just a few miles to campus. Will definitely visit again!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
EZ
"Convient for work with the Veterinary School"
I was frustrated at first. I had made the reservation on the internet. I had called the hotel the night before arrival to add a name to the room as that person was arriving before I was. I was assured that it wouldn't be a problem and the person took my information down. I found out the next day that the front desk made the other person sit in the lobby/dining area for 3 hours because they wouldn't let her in without my signature!!
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
This hotel was clean, breakfast was decent, and the pool was nice. The only thing I didn't like is that the beds were really high. It was difficult to get in and out of the beds, as I am only 5'2". The bed was literally waist high on me. I can't imagine a person with physical limitations trying to get in and out of these beds. I do have to say that they were comfortable once I got in it. I don't know the purpose of these high beds, other than design, but it isn't really functional in a hotel where people of all sizes and abilities will stay. Again, other than the high beds, this was a great hotel. I will stay again, but next time I will bring a step stool.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Barb
"Nice and quiet"
Spent a night here during ISU orientation. A very comfortable hotel. Nice and quiet even though it was a full house. The view from our window was of an open farm field. Just lovely. The breakfast was very nice. The eggs were delicious and the coffee was fresh. I would stay here again. With 2 sons at ISU we probably will.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Construction/remodel being done during our stay. Messy but not too bad. Staff took care of the little kids running in the hallways above us but the "wedding guests" that came in to hang out in the lobby/lounge area were crazy loud for until 12:45. You should not have to complain about people partying that near the front desk.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Hot!"
The cooling system did not work. The thermostat was partially behing the refrigerator/microwave cabinet and hard to read. I thought it actually was working until I figured out the motor noise was the refrigerator. Had two dirty rags on the bathroom counter when I arrived. Overall an incredibly bad hotel, only booked because everything was booked. Next time, I will drive to Des Moines rather than staying here!
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Garch
"In town for Iowa State"
The hotel is ok compared to some of the other hotels in the area. I would like to see the price of the hotel be a little less due to its location.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ames
I am the General Manager at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Ames and would like to thank you for your response to your say with us. We strive to keep our prices competetive while continuing to offer our guests exceptional value with our rooms and service. Hopefully you will stay with us again soon! Thanks!
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Jeff P.
"Easy Access"
I was efficient.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Good choice"
My overall satisfaction of this hotel was good. Close to eating places, good continental breakfast, and comfortable room. The only downfall was that the hot tub was not working so we could not enjoy that after a cold snowy day outside.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Right off of interstate"
I booked this room from Expedia and didnt know what to expect. Very pleased from the time we got there til we left. Clean remodeled rooms, brand new comfortable beds ,loved the soft pillows,and the bedding didnt really look like hotel bedding...
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"Excellent Breakfast"
Hotel was very nice and well kept . They have an excellent breakfast bar and food was very good.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2014
Dave Forgy
Very disappointing to wake up to go to breakfast and be told that they are out of milk and do nothing about it. There is a convenience store a block away and they will not go and get milk.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Went to Iowa State University"
It was fair, when we took showers the water did not drain so you were standing in 6" of water by the time the third person in our party took a shower. NOT PLESENT!!
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Comfortable stay."
Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was decent.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Everything was as it should be when staying in the suite
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Very average"
Nothing really bad, nothing rally good. Could have been any chain of a lower class too. Hot tub does not heat up, surface cleaner all over the desk, and everything is soaked in it. Looks like there is no ownership or care in this hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2013
Agnes
"Nice, clean and roomy"
Seemed like a newer hotel and it was nicely kept up, the rooms were bigger than I expected. The lobby was set up well for breakfast. The included breakfast was good. The staff was nice. Overall a positive experience.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
Good hotel with two compaints: 1) the only food available, other than at breakfast, was from a vending machine, 2) the small exercise room had two treadmills and one elliptical type machine. One treadmill was out of order during my stay, the other treadmill broke about five minutes into my run. There are no good roads or trails to run on in the area.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013

"No hot tub - paid an extra 30 for nothing!"
Rooms were not ready as they were probably short on staff due to blizzard. We chose this hotel because it had a hot tub - and it was not working. They did not offer to discuss the extra cost we had and did not ask us how our stay was when checking out. That was 30 dollars extra for nothing. Very nicely remodeled floor we were on.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2014
Other trip Apr 7, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Ames

"Great Hotel to rest!"
07/13/15 sikc Kansas City, Missouri
We stayed here on our way to Minneapolis. It is really close the I-35 so you don't have to detour much. The place is new and very clean. The little pool was fun for my 3 yr old and there were a few toys on the pool. The breakfast is great for what is it. There are many options. The staff was very friendly.
"good location, good stay"
07/09/15 Eric M
I stayed here twice this spring when in town to visit family. Friendly staff checked me in quickly and efficiently. Room good. Wifi good. Complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was good. Location good.
"clean and comfortable stay"
07/02/15 Bipin P Minneapolis, Minnesota
Fairfield inn and suites is quite close from I 35 & also 5 minutes drive to Iowa State University. Hotel seems new. Rooms are fairly basic but comfortable with mini-fridge & microwave. Beds were bit high but comfortable. Breakfast was decent & staff was attentive - right from front desk & also during breakfast.
"Solid Marriott Choice"
07/01/15 FLThreeFiveOh Reston, Virginia
I stayed here for two nights for a business trip. This is a fairly new hotel well outside the downtown / ISU areas in Ames, just off the interstate. The room was new, clean and relatively well appointed, with a fairly large bathroom by Fairfield standards. Staff were friendly and helpful, though I skipped the morning food offerings while I was there. I can't confirm the noise complaints others experienced -- my room was quiet and there were no disturbances despite a full parking lot of travelers, but my profile has "away from elevator" as a prerequisite so who knows.
"Updated to 'Like New' Condition!"
06/30/15 Bill W Waverly, Iowa
This property must be no more than five years old or so, but it's already been updated to like-new condition! Located just off I-35 and Hwy 30, it is a tad isolated from Ames' downtown and other shopping, but this district of town is where many of the hotel brands are now locating, so it's all developing nicely in this area. Rooms were bright and clean, and the breakfast and other amenities were very good too. I did overhear a staffer saying they're paring-back some of their "state and/or government rates" for some select guests, and I hope that's not the case. Either way, nice property with pool, workout area, the works!
"Very Nice"
06/30/15 Tim C
This is a very clean and welcoming hotel. For a mid level hotel I can not complain. The room was bigger than most and it was clean, even the bathroom. Which is where most of the nasty dirt normally is in hotels. The price was perfect around 100 a night. Only complaint is there isn't much to eat close by unless you want Subway or DQ. I will stay here again.
"The odd things that are important to me"
06/05/15 DianaDrumGA Atlanta, GA
Some of the things helpful for me (and maybe to you?) : - cleanliness: better than average - water pressure: good! Nice shower head, plenty of elbow room - breakfast: great, if you're not gluten-free. For me, there were omelets one day, scrambled eggs the next, with cheese and salsa. Ommelets were pre-made and kept in a warming dish. Also, cut-up fruit, corn flakes, and yoghurt. Not bad, compared to many hotel b'fasts! - parking: good. Covered drive-up so you can unload in the rain, plenty of bellhop dollies. If we got in late, we'd hafta park farther from the entrances, but there was always parking available. - room: has blackout curtains (yay!), faux-aeron office chair, small covered chair, microwave/fridge stand, low 4-drawer dresser for flat-screen and a suitcase, desk with good lighting and login instructions, decent thermostat keeping things cool in June, two night stands in King room with lamps that have two power plug-ins on their base for your chargers and such. - bed: we had King-sized. Perfect for me, "kinda too hard" for my sleeping partner. White linens, including top sheet over the comforter, which I like so I don't hafta touch a bedspread that may or may not be cleaned btwn guests. (For the record, theirs may very well be.) decorative throw pillow, two overstuffed can't-lie-down on pillows and two reasonably stuffed pillows. I bring my own, so no matter. I also brought an extra pillow case and used it on the decorative throw pillow once I saw my partner start to use it. - closet: great! Has doors! Hangers you can remove, iron & board, folding suitcase stand. Rod not tall enough - my long dress laid four inches on the floor. - bathroom: roomier than most. Still not quite as much counter top as I would like. But clean under-mounted sink, so no grout filth. Hair dryer attached to wall. Above-average towels. Fan worked, seperate from light. - housekeeping: fantastic! Fast, friendly. Let me take this opportunity to remind travelers it is customary to tip housekeeping staff!!! - elevator: fast (only 3 floors) - Internet wifi: fine - ice machine : good - One was on our floor (2nd). Not sure about the others. - noise: construction around, but we never heard it inside the room. Some noise from hall/upstairs but not late, not super-loud. Ddidn't hear others' TVs. - oddities: does every hotel room now have flashing lights on their ceiling-mounted smoke detectors??? I covered mine with black paper (always travel with tape and scissors!). Tool it down when leaving so I keep good karma. Also, the sheers were on the outside of the blackout curtains - odd, but I really like it! Cookies at check-in, daily newspapers available in lobby. Clean public restroom. SOOOOO glad we picked this hotel for our five-day Ames stay! Got deal through Kayak (we usually find the best deals at Hotels.com). Favorite meal: locally-owned Hickory Park for BBQ and sundaes.
"Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!"
05/23/15 M P Colorado Springs, Colorado
This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. The staff was, for the most part, friendly and accommodating. Everything one would expect from a Marriott - it is really too bad they chose to use such shoddy construction. You can hear EVERYTHING that goes on outside your room. I had only one neighbor, but I could hear every long, emotional conversation he had with his significant other. Furthermore, I heard EVERY activity in the hallway including the filling of ice buckets at the ice machine and people just walking past the room. I think the walls are paper maché... It was so bad I checked out after only 3 days of a 2 week stay in Ames. There is no way anyone with normal hearing could be comfortable in this hotel - it was impossible to sleep with all the racket!
04/17/15 Disneyadic Geneseo, New York
Haven't stayed at a Fairfield in a while, but we were in town on a college visit and chose here. It was a great choice, and if the kid chooses here, this will be our stay of choice! The room was as expected and very clean and in good condition. The beds were also comfortable and room location was great on 3rd floor. We were able to hear others on the floor, but not enough to cause an issue-just be aware if you are real light sleeper-but we were also near the elevator. The overall condition of hotel was excellent and clean as was the service checking in-IDR her name, but she was a student at ISU and gave us GREAT advice and insight as well as map of area and ISU and just very friendly. Breakfast was OK as was checkout. Was surprised at lack of restaurants in immediate area (walking distance) given the number of hotels, but everyone would have a car here and there were numerous choices a short drive away. Definitely recommend if in Ames area!
"A decent place to stay"
03/06/15 S U Salina
We arrived late and left early the next morning, so we didn't do much other than sleep and eat breakfast. Breakfast was OK; I've definitely had better. As far as Fairfield Inns go, this one is probably about average. I paid $109 for the night, which seems a little pricey considering the age, cleanliness, and decor, but the Hampton Inn down the street was $143, so maybe this area is a little pricey. I appreciated the on-site laundry and the fitness center, but I didn't end up using either. We did go into the fitness center, though, and it is small. However, it was clean and better than nothing. I gave it a "very good" rating, but I really wanted to give it average-plus. It's better than average but very good might be overstating.