All hotels in Athens, Greece

Good internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
"Great stay in close"
Private balcony with view on quiet (west) side of building. balcony very large compared to smaller-than-average room. But highlight was their rooftop deck/bar. Fantastic views! Close to Monastraki Square with lots of dining options.
2 night trip May 7, 2014
rambling B S
"Attaway Attalos"
Clean and restful! The breakfast looked a little bare for 8 euros.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Roger
"Great Place to Stay"
This hotel is a 100 meter walk from the Metro stop that is a direct train from the airport. It is also walking distance to all of the ruins as well as the main shopping and restaurants. Very clean hotel with nice size room and nice roof top available to all guests with views of the Acropolis. We did not try the breakfast (8 euros) because there were some great bakeries a couple of doors away from the hotel. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Exactly What We Expected"
I stayed at this hotel about 8 years ago and liked it a lot so I booked it again and was not disappointed. It is in walking distance of the Acropolis and all of central Athens. The view from our balcony (and the hotel roof restaurant is great). The reception staff was very helpful in booking a tour that was the highlight of our visit to Greece. The bakery next door is amazing! Everything about this hotel was perfect. I forgot some paperwork at home and I was able to print it in their business center for free. This hotel is hassle free, quiet and in a great location. The rooms are a bit small but that doesn't bother me because I don't spend much time there anyway. When I wrote to the hotel with a few questions in advance of our trip, they were very helpful and replied quickly. Great service; great experience.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Marc
"very friendly staff"
fantastic, I would stay there again for sure!
7 night trip May 3, 2014
Sandra
Room was quite nice. Bedding was very comfortable. Quality towels. Free bed slippers offered to each quest. Desk person informative. Close to Plaka and Acropolis. A less noisy place would have been nice. The hotel was located in a neighborhood with considerable traffic and many restaurants and facilitates appealing to youth who are up late at night. We didn't reserve a room with breakfast due to early flight our of Athens so can't comment on that. There was a nice open air bar on the top floor with a view of the Acropolis
1 night trip May 3, 2014
C Fuechsel
"Extremely disappointing"
This is the day Hotels.com let me down. I purchased 45 hotel nights last year at hotels.com and enjoy Gold status. Frankly Attalos is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in or better say the hotel with the worst Value for Money. Almost 200 USD for 2 nights. It is definitely not worth it. I would have been fine paying 120 USD max for 2 nights for the hotel comfort and the service received. If you enjoy small cubicle tv's, super basic breakfast and smelly bathrooms, this place is for you. I doubt Hotels.com is interested in this type of comments (and problems) as your commission is based on the hotel revenue. I can only regret choosing Attalos and by the type of reviews I had checked before booking. I am utterly disappointed and as a veteran traveler felt for the first time cheated.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"well located"
nice staff, nice rooftop bar, good experience. clean rooms.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Close to must see sights"
Good location for spending a night when sightseeing
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2014
"Great place!"
Close to the Parthenon and surrounding markets. Surrounding area may seem a bit run-down, but I thought it was just fine. Easy to walk around to a lot of different places in Athens.
3 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"good hotel"
very good and very friendly personnel. very clean hotel. but my room needs some minor renovations. Otherwise it's perfect choice for business or leisure travel.
7 night business trip Jan 7, 2014
Vladimir Osipenko
"Small hotel close to Acropolis"
Inadequate shower. Filters for heating device has not been cleaned for a long time.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Excellent value for your money!"
This hotel is wonderful. Sure, it's not 5-star luxury, but the room is clean and functional, the staff super friendly and helpful, the location right in the heart of Athens' major attractions. A little tidbit. I had an early morning flight. The reception arranged so the coffee machine would be ready at 4 am so I can have my morning coffee. A big thank you! I will be coming back to Athens in the future, and I know where I will be staying again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
The location is very good. The room is clean and spacious. Although it is a little noise( it seems my bathroom is connected with the next bathroom at the top of roof) , but it is ok. I wasn't disturbed . The receptionist will give you a lot of information about the city if you ask them. There is a big balcony out of the bar on the sixth floor, you can see Acropolis from there, really beautiful . Actually I thank all of them for what they have done for me, especially the elder gentleman whose name I don't know. Thanks again!
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
The hotel Staff where friendly, always willing to help. Room was kept clean everyday, breakfast was great at 7am, location was perfect, walking distance to almost all locations. Would recomend it to anyone.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
JP
"Greece cruise"
Very nice, typical European hotel. Staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. They had adapters for us to use with our American electronics. Awesome view of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar.
2 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Cindy
"amazing staff"
The staff was very nice and very informative. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Roof top bar is second to none and they do not charge hotel prices for drink. Amazing time.
3 night business trip Nov 7, 2013
tony
"Great hotel, great location!"
This hotel was great for the price, and it loved how close to metro and surrounding tourist areas. Beds a little hard, but still slept great!!!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
debbie
"Perfect location."
The Attalos was the perfect place to stay in Athens. Walking distance to both the Plaka and Monastiriki Square for the evenings. Maria and Sakis were wonderful to help with reserving tours and providing advice during our stay. The rooftop garden was a highlight of the trip fr the views of the Acropolis. I knw I will be returning to Athens, and the Attalos will be my go to hotel!
2 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2013
"great hotel"
Super good hotel with super price
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
hussam
"Location is fantastic."
The hotel location is really great. Staff is helpful and cooperative. We felt safe and comfortable during our stay.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"It is all about the location!"
Just came back from 2 weeks in Greece. Booked room in Attalos based on recommendations I read on the Internet and was very glad I did. The hotel is pretty basic but very clean, wi-fi access, decent breakfast, friendly staff, luggage storage etc. Nothing extraordinary here...except for the location!!!! Literally 5 min walk to Plaka, amazing view of Acropolis from your balcony or the rooftop bar, 3 min walk to the subway. Right in the heart of Athens. I will be back there for sure! Highly recommended.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Justyna
"Location,location, location"
Less than 5 minute walk from the Metro, walk 10 minutes and you are in the middle of the Monasteraki sites and restaurants. Most of all easy public commute to tha airport. The reception staff were very efficient and helpful. The breakfast buffet was basic and good. I am not a big yogurt fan, but their yogurt was so good I had it everyday. Lastly, they have a nice rooftop bar with a wonderful view of the acropolis, the same view from your hotel balcony.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"comfortable and perfect location"
We loved the hotel and would recomend this hotel to close friends
6 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"View of the Acropolis from our balcony."
Location was excellent as we were walking distance to Acroplois, Farmers Market, Square, and Flea Market.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Sue
"Great Hotel, Great Location"
We just got back from a trip to Greece. After spending twelve days on an island in the Aegean, we came back to Athens for three nights before returning to the States. The Attalos is the perfect place to stay. It's steps from the train station and you can get a train directly from the airport (without having to change trains) and from Piraeus (the port town). If you are coming into Piraeus from any of the islands on a ferry, the train station is close enough so that you can walk there fairly easily. The hotel is about a block and a half from the Plaka (the old part of Athens). It's an easy walk to the Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum from the hotel. If you have never done Athens, the Attalos is the place to stay. One of the best features of the Attalos is their rooftop bar from which you can view the Acropolis, but at night the view is spectacular because the Acropolis is beautifully illuminated. It is well worth the price of a few drinks or glasses of wine. It can't be beat.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Sara
"A bargain hotel with an excellent view"
Hotel Attalos as a basic, no frills bargain hotel. The furniture is not fancy. The breakfast is delicious but not fancy. This was the perfect hotel for us. We wanted a clean, comfortable, safe place to be that was within walking distance of the Acropolis and other important tourist destinations. The hotel staff was there 24-7. They all speak beautiful English and were happy to help arrange tours or taxis. The neighborhood is blue collar but totally safe. There is a rooftop bar with an awesome view of the Acropolis. Some rooms also have a private balcony with a view of the Acropolis. I would feel comfortable with children or teenagers at this hotel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Chrissy
"Cute room, great customer service"
We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed more. The rooftop garden lounge is such a treat offering a perfect view of the acropolis. Everything, from the comfortable bed to the amenities to the helpfulness of the staff left us with a great impression. Definitely would book this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
annette
"Short Stay in Athens"
It might not be the fanciest hotel - but the location is unsurpassable. Many sights and tourist attractions are reachable on foot. Metro station a few steps away. Gorgeous view from the terrasse bar onto the Acropolis. With all the hustle and bustle comes of course a certain noise level .... (from the streets) Over-all: I would definitely recommend this hotel
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Helen
"Great location!!"
This hotel is a deal! It is within walking distance of the Acropolis and is definitely worth it. Although the hotel is a little older, it is a lovely place to stay. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Annabelle
"Great location in Athens"
The hotel is located within walking distance of everything a tourist wants to see. We took the metro from the airport (7 euro) and it brings you to Monistraki metro stop. The hotel is about 3 minutes walk. The entrance to the Acropolis is about a 10 minute walk as well as to all the other ruins. The pedestrian walking -shopping street is about a 5 minute walk. Many restaurants in the area. The hotel was clean, and the rooftop bar has great views.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
brenda
"Conveniently located to all the Athens sites"
The hotel is conveniently located to the Monastiraki subway stop, a direct shot from the airport, and was clean and welcoming. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included and was very good. Room was somewhat small, but this is common in Europe. Recommended!
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Bruce
"Greece Vacay"
Nice hotel in a great location
3 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
"Nice hotel in Athens"
Excellent experience, excellent service, nice staff, really good value for money. I will return when I come back to Athens.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Tony
"Great location, helpfull and kind staff"
The location was very good, the staff what really helpfull and kind, and the roof terrace where probably the best things this hotel have to offer. The room, was alright, it wasnt as good. The bathroom a little small, and didnt like the smell. And the balcony was heading a bid tree. Tv super small. The rest was good. Breakfast wasnt that bas actually better than other hotels in europe.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Ian
Simple but comfortable. Balcony on seaside excellent. Quite sourroundings. Wonderful beaches.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Clean and easy to find right off the metro!"
Close to the Acropolis and restaurants, shopping, and metro. A great location.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
couple from US
"Well situated, great roof view"
Good location, very clean, friendly staff
2 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Good for a couple of days."
Good location and clean room. The third night wasn't so great I could hear every noise coming from the bathroom of the room across from me. the walls are paper thin.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Jackie
"hotel close to major activities in center of Athen"
We wanted to be able to walk to acropolis , be near the central market and other shopping experiences in center of Athens. This hotel provides that convenience . Cleans, excellent staff, and accommodating with various bed arrangements . Would Stay again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Excellent hotel close to the main attractions"
It is a really great hotel, great value for money, it is located at a walking distance from all the major sites in athens! We stayed there for four nights and we absolutely loved this hotel! Rooms are comfortable, and very clean, bathrooms are a bit small but well equipped! Staff was very friendly and helpful! We would definitely recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Carine
"Great Rooftop View of Acropolis"
We enjoyed the Attalos very much. It's a great location, with a good breakfast. Reasonable for city, etc.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Debra
"great hotel and convenient location"
very good location and close to everything...........good for everything.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
david
"Hotel in the heart of Athens"
Attalos Hotel is located in the heart of Athens, just a few blocks from Monastiraki market (and metro stop). With a beautiful rooftop bar with views of the Acropolis, this hotel is the perfect hub for exploring historical Athens; all the major sites are within walking distance. The room was comfortable for our party of three, and the staff was helpful.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Ryan
We were happy to stay so close to the Parthenon and the hotel met our expectations. It was clean and well run. The staff was attentive and helpful.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2013
"Great location and price"
We had a great experience at Attalos Hotel. It was recommended to us by a friend and I recommend it to you. The amenities were above satisfactory considering the price and WiFi was always working. The location can't be beat-close to Metro, Monastriaki, Acropolis, Psiri, Syntagma Square, Plaka, especially if you do not mind walking. Hotel staff was always helpful. I don't suggest asking them for restaurant recommendations--I think they have to name certain ones. We tried their suggestions for two nights, but were a little disappointed. Instead, just walk around those areas mentioned before and you're bound to stumble across many places that look great (look for locals--better indication it's a good restaurant!). Attalos is in a busy location, but the hotel is quiet and relaxing.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Christina
"Convenient hotel to stay in Athens"
The hotel is situated at center of everything. Located near shopping, metro and great places to eat.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Joel
"Attalos Hotel"
we stayed 4 nights, the room was very small but clean. The bathroom was so small, unconfortable. Location was excellent, near the Acropolis. Staff: only Maria was very helpful and nice.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Luisa
"Excellent hotel for great price."
The Attalos Hotel is a good hotel with decent pricing in Athens. The neighborhood is good and its location is fantastic. If you are looking for a clean place close to every attraction Attalos hotel is the place to be.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Kosta
"Not a 3 Star!"
When traveling, my requirement is always to have clean room. I never thought adding "updated clean room" to my requirements. The hotel was clean, and the staff was nice, but this is definitely not a 3 star hotel. The furniture and bathroom amenities was definitely, at best, 2 star. Everything looked like it was from the 80's. My husband even said how this reminded him of some of the hotels he visited in the middle east back when he was a young boy. You couldn't tell the hair dryer was a hair dryer, it was a large box like thing with an accordion hose, like you would see on a vacuum cleaner, and the shower was hand held. There was a fixture you could hang it on, but it was in the center of the tub which got the entire bathroom wet if you didn't face it to the wall (which then meant that you had to practically lean up against the wall to get the water). The location was definitely good, but I wouldn't stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 8, 2013