All hotels in Early, Texas, United States of America

Uncomfortable
Okay
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2016
Willie
"Small rooms but well worth the money"
The motel was small but very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. For the price I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for an inexpensive but comfortable place to stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Cynthia
"Brownwood - Knight's Inn really????"
When checking into the hotel, via a window to the office, I saw a stack of newspapers so I took one. The clerk immediately stopped the checking in process, informing me that I owed $.75 for the paper. Nonplussed, I continued to fill out the registration form but was told three more times that I owed $.75. She had my credit card and if afraid I was going to STEAL $.75 of local news, she could have put it on the bill. Overly concerned. Finally I did stop my registration and gave her the $.75. Not at all friendly. There were only two people at the hotel but for the strange reason that only hotel people understand, we were placed in rooms next to each other. Rooms have thin walls so one can hear what is going on next door. Although wi fi is said to be in the rooms, it was so slow that it did not work. Room was adequate but not comfortable. Hotel is on major route through town, difficult to get into. There is a laundry mat next door (not associate with the hotel) but convenient. Room was old so it had the wear and tear that goes along with that and neglect. I slept okay and I left okay. 'would not recommend it.
1 night trip Dec 10, 2015
DOROTHY
"BASIC - 50'S MOTEL"
VERY BASIC HOTEL STAYED THERE SEVERAL TIMES BUT NO MORE AFTER 2 YEARS STILL NO WATER IN POOL SO IT DOESN'T EXIST BREAKFAST IS PRETTY MUCH - BASIC BAG STUFF - HELLO MCDONALDS GOT LOCKED OUT OF ROOM TWICE - BECAUSE BATTERIES ON DOOR WERE DEAD THEY SAID DON'T GIGGLE HANDLE TO GET IN - CAME TO HELP ON THIRD TRY SAYS THEY HAVE CABLE - IN ROOM LIST SHOWS A FOX STATION BUT ONLY HAS PICTURE NO SOUND HAD TO GO TO BAR TO WATCH GAME SMALLEST BATHROOM EVER TOILET ROLL HOLDER STICKS YOU IN SIDE IF YOU SIT DOWN
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
DAVE
The room was overpowering with stale cigarette smoke. When we asked to change rooms the attendant argued with us about the smell and refused to change the room (there were only 4 other cars at the motel at the time). When they finally agreed to give us a new he threatened a $10 a night, per person surcharge. When I requested the number for management he changed his mind about the surcharge , but continued to be very rude.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Angela
"Reasonable quality for the price"
I was working in the area and needed a place that was close, clean, cheap, quiet and safe. This hotel was all these things. Not fancy, but that's not what I needed. I don't know if there were many people there that weekend, so it was particularly quiet.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
PaulaPaint
"Very clean hotel"
For an older hotel, it was extremely clean! A little over priced I thought, however, it did have small frig, microwave and hair dryer. And did I mention it was clean?!
1 night trip Oct 17, 2015
"Don't waste your time!"
This hotel was horrible!!!! The electric code was being violated by using extension cords!!! The whole placed smelled like garbage, the staff yelled at me when I ask a question
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
Judy
"Poor Breakfast, Great Bed."
Bathroom was very tiny. Cont breakfast was laughable... box of pkg honey buns and cold coffee. Highlight was the bed. It was the most comfortable that I had ever used! Room should have been a little cheaper.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Average stay
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Average
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Clean, comfortable and adequate for what it is. It's an older hotel but the staff was pleasant and the beds are quite comfortable.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Basic Room"
Excellent motel for those that need just the basic room and bath. Not fancy but clean and adequate. Great Value for the money.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Stay In Brownwood"
The main light turned on when it wanted to, & the wi-fi wasn't very good, other than that it was a good stay!!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Major
"Ok, for a construction worker."
It was ok. It was clean. Couldn't control the air. Toilet so close to the paper roll rack that you almost had to be a contortionist to get the paper. There was a pillow case on the floor in front of the door as we stepped in. I'm assuming that was used as a mat, since I saw one in another room. If you just need a place to sleep it's ok. The service was nil. No amenities. Pillows were very hard and all the same.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"good for a one night stay if you like hard beds"
The bed was too hard and there were 3 pillows that were just as hard and the bottom sheet was not fitted and came loose during the night.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Knights Inn isn't up to par"
The room was clean but the bed was very uncomfortable. There wasn't very many outlets to plug stuff in. They had used extension cords to plug things in. The breakfast wasn't even a breakfast. Cereal without milk. Little Debbie snack cakes, please.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Kings Inn in BrownWood, TX"
The hotel is a throw back from the 60's but is comfortable and VERY clean for half what the big chains offer.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Very nice motel for the price."
The Knight's Inn is well situated on the east side of the Early/Brownwood area for quickest access to the areas extending as far east as the towns of Comanche, Priddy, and Goldthwaite. The room was very clean, and had the usual modern conveniences you expect such as a refrigerator and microwave. The only problems I had were that my bed sheets were not changed one day. I believe that the staff interprets the sign you hang on the doorknob for "immediate room servicing" to determine if you want it serviced at all. Once I started hanging that on the doorknob, my room was well serviced. The air conditioner was of recent manufacture and cooled nicely, but the room curtains billowed out at about a 30 degree angle, meaning people could see into my room when it was running. You can solve this issue by placing house shoes or other objects on the window ledge. Overall, I was very pleased with the motel, and will definitely stay there on my next visit to Early/Brownwood.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"rude reception"
Greeting was negative when they realized dog was over 30 lbs. In fact, very critical.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
sidonia
"Knights Inn at Brownwood, Texas"
The owner was not very nice. The room was old and smelly. Most of the light bulbs were way too dim. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were really old. Wish I had brought my own pillow. The TV was really outdated. I brought my iPad to connect and there were no connections. Needs to bring this motel into the 21st century.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Tricia
"Better than expected"
The rooms were clean but smelled like smoke.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Pleasant surprise"
Better than I expected. Breakfast was bare bones, but what do you want for $59?
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
j michael
"stay a while"
all good. nice
1 night trip Mar 11, 2015
dale
"Clean and comfy"
It was an older hotel but the accommodations were very nice. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Jock'Lene
"bad experience"
the ac/heating unit in the room made frequent clacking noises all night. when we called to tell the management about it they said that was not true. then called back to tell us that it was the unit and that the same units were in all the rooms when we asked to move rooms. we decided to cut our trip short even though we had pre-paid for 2 nights. would not recommend to stay here if you are a light sleeper.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Continental breakfast consisted of stale cereal, questionable milk, and honey buns. Non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes. No blanket on bed. EXTREMELY loose electrical outlets.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"good place to stay"
better than expected
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
"Don't waste your time!"
Horrible! Was given a smoking room. Reservation was for non-smoking room. Room was nasty. Bed was hard. Checked out a day earlier. My son has allergies and couldn't handle the smell. Thankfully Hotels.com did refund me for the extra night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
chris
"good in class"
All in all the basics were pretty good. Owners/managers accommodation. Stayed multiple nights. Down side was availability of AC outlets for Laptop and it was a bit east of town. Continental breakfast was minimal and eating area was in small lobby but at least it was available.
2 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Wayne
"newly remodeled"
It was an older style motel but had been updated which was nice. I have to be on oxygen so it was nice to be able to unload the car and be a few steps from the room. We were on the way to my son's so it wasn't going to be a long stay. They had a continental breakfast of cereal, rolls. milk and coffee. If you want to eat late you might have to drive a few miles because the Sonic closed at 11. on Friday night
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Clean older hotel"
This hotel has been around a while. But it looks like the rooms have recently been updated. I found my room to be clean and comfortable. Hey, it's not a Hampton Inn, but it was a nice enough room and half the price.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Very quiet"
The check in was quick. The room was fairly clean. I did find a dirty sock under the bed when I was looking for my phone charger I dropped. Looks like they are doing some up dates. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well. I will use the motel again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
lin
"Be ready to leave before checkout!"
Was called at 10:50 notifying me that it was checkout time. 10:50 is not 11:00. There was not a single car on the property and the manager was waiting outside. Will never bother them again by coming back.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Good stay for the money
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Brucemedic
"Clean Roon"
Clean Room in good condition. Staff was courtious, but not chatty. The Continental Breakfast is bare minimum, but other than that it was a good stay in a better-than-average Motel.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Quite and comfortable"
The room was clean, air conditioner worked well, clean restroom. Continental breakfast was lacking in comparison to other hotels. Overall, good for a night's rest.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
SW
Service was very terrible, towels are old and dingy. Restroom tub is cracked and chipped all over the place. Room is extremely stuffy. Also, we where harrassed to check-out for an 11:00 check out time when it was only 10:45, late at front told us it was 11:05 and threatened to charge extra, the time was actually 10:50!!!!!! If you just need a place to lay your head down while in Brownwood it's ok, but if you are looking to stay somewhere nice if highly recommend not staying gere
1 night trip May 31, 2014
DrW
"Perfect place to stay while on business"
Nice hotel and well maintained, very comfortable and exactly what I needed while getting ready for a long day filled with meetings.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
C.R.
"If you just need a place to sleep, this will work."
Hotel was overall OK. We just needed some where to sleep while we visited some friends at the lake. Bed was hard and I didn't even try sitting on the rocking recliner because I could see the springs. There was some brown liquid in the shower.. not even going to ask. We had asked for a smoking room and when we got there the manager said he didn't have any so he was going to put us into a non-smoking. He then told me to not smoke in the room. Not even the bathroom. Go outside. He mentioned this 4 times during the conversation. I found out later from my friends that there were drug bust at this hotel though so maybe that's why he was so persistent. He was not very friendly. I tried asking him to give me some advice on places to eat and he was very short with his answer just naming off restaurants. He really didn't seem to like me. Next time I will be staying some where closer to the lake and friendlier. It will be worth the money IMO
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
S
Room was clean and comfortable.. Bathroom a little tight, but over all a good place to stay.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"older"
this is an older hotel its clean but you never know which room will have a ok bed or a very bad bed we go to Brownwood allot to see family & to help family for the price its ok the front office to the service it good very nice people. Will stay again but will check out bed 1st we unpack bags for the night.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Poor Service"
I was app lled that the manager would not permit a late check out. We had a meeting and would be finished shortly after noon. Check out time was 11:00 and the manager would not let us have a late check out so that we could change and freshen up after the appointment. I will never use this hotel again--ever!
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"It's exactly what you pay for"
Rooms are clean. Bed is comfortable. Linens are old. Bathroom is small. Great for a cheap night away from sleeping on the inlaws couch or a warm up from the deer camp.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
It was awful and I had to end up switching hotels. I picked this hotel because it was dog friendly and the owner ended up putting us into a smoking room because of the dog. After I explained to him that you could not breathe in that room and that my boyfriend had allergies, he was a complete jerk and refused to accommodate us and move us to a non-smoking room (the hotel was almost empty). Hotels.com thankfully was able to move us to a different hotel all together and fix the issue.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Sheila
"It's terrific if you'll understand one thing..."
If you'll simply understand that this is a bargain older hotel that has been kept up and managed well you'll be fine. This is NOT a shiny new chain hotel but an old hotel that is like you'd expect up in some small old mountain town. The innkeepers are nice, the room has "home bed linens" instead of hotel linens, and the bathroom is the size of a small closet. The shower head is neck high but with some of the best water pressure and endless hot water I've ever had. For the price, it was a TERRIFIC stay. I'll stay here again...
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"Bomb"
This place was scary, needle scary.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Easy acess to shopping areas."
Room was cleaned daily. Comfortable. Very friendly staff.
3 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"Run down but ok for overnight"
A little more run down than hoped, but worked fine for our needs. Did have remnants of smoking smell for a non smoking room. Free breakfast consisted of cereal and juice only.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Good Stay for the Money"
The Hotel is good; the continential breakfast is a joke. The wifi is excellent and that makes up for the lack of amenities.
5 night trip Jul 24, 2013