All hotels in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States of America
120 S Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.8
    2.7
    2.5
"Stay away"
First thing I noticed when I walked into my room was the musty smell and the dated bedding. It didn't get any better from there. The carpet felt damp when I accidentally walked on it without shoes. The only toiletry to be seen was a small bottle of shampoo and tiny bar of soap. There were no hand towels. The next day, the room barely looked like it was cleaned. bedding was just pulled up, not made up neatly like you would expect. lid to a coffee cup was left on night stand, didn't look like it had been vaccuumed. We stayed during race season so expected to pay a lot for a cheap motel room but we didn't expect it to be so poorly kept up.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Close to SPAC"
The room was adequate for a short stay but I was disappointed that it had no refrigerator or hair dryer in the bathroom. It took quite awhile to cool the room down but after it was running a couple of hours, it finally cooled down. Service was good and location was good.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Maureen
"Needs work - especially with customer service."
Better than I thought it would be, based on other reviews, but it still needs a lot of work. The carpeting in the hotel lobby and rooms were filthy. The rooms were musty smelling and the blankets were old and scary looking. However, it looks like the mattresses were recently replaced, the bathroom was renovated and the pool and pool area were beautiful. The management was rude and dismissive when my husband inquired about the air-conditioner in the room being VERY LOUD - so loud that he turned it off during the night. The manager/owner asked "what do you want me to do about it - you can leave". Also - despite the pool being an "oasis" in an outdated motel, the pool side garbage can was not emptied all weekend long and was spilling on to the pool deck. When the manager/owner came to deal with it, he shoved a few pieces of garbage from the top into a large garbage bag and laid it next to the can. It was gross!!!
"old-fashioned motel with great location"
Staff was friendly but don't expect great coffee or a large room. I felt nostalgic staying in a motel; I usually stay in chain hotels.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Maria
"Good price for Saratoga"
Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast of cereal toast and coffee and juice. Only problem was parking lot. Not a good set up for corner rooms and some one almost backed into us when we were registering. Overall a good stay with a great pool.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Met expectations for seasonal motel"
The room met my expectation for what a seasonal motel room would be like at this price point. 15 minute walk to the action in town.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Greg
The room was a bit musty smelling. Not much in terms of appointments...no hair dryer, fridge, coffee maker etc... The ten dollar key deposit was not disclosed on hotels.com. I went to the lobby at 8:00 am in the morning and no coffee was available there either. I was told to come back in 10 minutes. I know Saratoga Springs is an expensive town and finding a bargain hotel isn't easy. This one still seemed a bit lacking for the price.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great location and service just untidy"
Great location and nice people, but the place needs a complete haulover. It's out of date by 30 yrs. also the room cleanliness was sub par. The bed spread was full of dust and the shower required the use of sandals. Hair and mold were found... Should be a cheaper stay
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Room comfort"
Using plastic on mattress is extremely uncomfortable and noisy. Using a lot of unnecessary furniture uses too much space. Need to have rooms seem open. Bathroom nice with newer tile, sink, spigots but grout dingy, dirty looking. The fan timer a very good idea. Coffee in rooms would be nice. Ability to reserve only 1 night also a plus. Only being there overnight, not enough time to really enjoy the area.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Karen and Jim
"Worth it for a place to crash after SPAC show."
It certainly wasn't the finest motel I have ever been to, but for the price and location it was PERFECT. We just needed a place to Pregame/Sleep for a SPAC concert and it was exactly what we were looking for. 15 minute walk to SPAC or a $5 cab ride. I wouldn't want to stay more than a few nights here, but again it was perfect for what we were looking for. Friendly staff and a clean room :)
Other trip May 26, 2014
Ali
"Avoid"
The hotel is in a state of disrepair. My husband had to take the heaters' filters outside and clean them. The smell of "old and dirty" was the only accurate description.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Diane Barsa
Love the asian couple at the front desk they were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean, but need to be updated.
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. We try very hard to make our guests feel at home. As an older property we are slowly working on updates and hope to have them completed sometime soon. Please consider us on your next visit to the area.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"The room was filthy and smelled"
I will think twice before using expeaid again. You charged high rates and provided sub par conditions.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not the Ritz. But far from a roach motel"
Nice staff. Decent Internet. The previous are self explanatory.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"it was a room close to the track"
rooms were a little to smalll should improve the tvs close to town
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"good value for cost"
great location, good value, good shower, warm rooms, quiet
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for completing the survey to let us know how we are doing .We will share this with our staff as it is always good to hear positive feedback. We hope you consider us in the future if your travels bring you this way again.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
One of the worst stays I have ever had in a hotel. Got there to check in before my friends, went to the room and thought it wasn't a bad room. Locked the dead bolt went to the bathroom and could not get out. Luckily my friend check on our room and found my banging on the bathroom door. She could see from outside that I was locked in. She went to the lobby and told them that it was stuck in the bathroom. Needless to say they did not have a key to the dead bolt...after being in there for an hour and my friend telling them she was calling 911 they got thru a window... The owner had the nerve to say it was my fault for locking the dead bolt...not his broken bathroom door. The last time I will stay there...room 9. The best part of the story is he didn't give me my money back or even a discount....poor businessman.
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your December stay at our motel. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you encountered as it is certainly not how we expect our staff to treat our guests. This is still being investigated and we are working very hard to ensure something like this does not happen again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2013
Debbie
"don't go!"
Room was not well insulated and door opened to outside so every noise was herd. Carpet was stained and wet when we got there, matresses and boxsprings were covered in plastic. The bathroom shower head had some unidentifiable substance on it. When we left I felt as though I needed to delouse myself. There was a snow storm over night and we were plowed in, we had to shovel ourselves out in order to leave by the check out time. There were no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms as the description says, they had one with access in the main lobby, at 10 am we tried to use the lobby and it was locked. there was a extra charge for the keys so you would bring them back, and I mean Key not a card. Cable they claimed to have and wifi internet, we had neather.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
"Stay away"
Wi-fi didn't work. Beds were uncomfortable. No toothpaste in the bathroom. Overall, pretty bad stay especially for the price.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Not at all as advertised. Way over priced for what was provided. Internet in room did not work. Carpet was dirty and stained. Bed had plastic cover that made squishy noises and difficult to sleep. No fridge, no coffe maker, no breakfast just some cereal that was old and stale. Would never stay here again or recommend to others.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Fine for what I needed. Wouldn't stay again."
The staff wasn't very friendly. The room smelled funny, blanket was stained, crumbs on the chair, wifi but no password posted, things under the bed like a full water bottle and other garbage, water running in the bathroom next door made quite a noise. Maid's tip envelope prominently displayed. Required a $10 deposit for the key but the front desk door was locked when we left in the morning. This motel served my purpose but wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
whatever
"Smell"
There was some kind of chemical smell in the room. We got out as early as possible .
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Igor
The hotel lobby was cluttered and worn. The room was crowded and the carpeting was loose and stained. The complementary breakfast was stale cereal, a muffin and Styrofoam cups for weak coffee or lukewarm water for the tea..
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"It was near the town, had to take the car"
Curtains falling off the rod. The room was in the back facing a dirty hill. No hair dryer. Way too expensive for this place. People at desk were not friendly. We had to charge at $10.00 fee for the key and when we checked out they couldn't find the receipt. If when our visa bill comes and it's on there. There will be trouble
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Mary Ann
"Nice motel. Spa and mineral water."
No hair dryer, no coffee machine in room. No water one day - downtown problem, but motel but was inconvenienced by no water. Unable to shower.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
e.g. Mary Ellen
"all round bad"
I would never stay here again. The rooms smelled terrible the beds just are terrible and the sheets are stuck together like glue... never again
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
"This place rots"
The rooms have a bad odor they moved us to another smelly room to late to go some where else so we toughed it out we will never back
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
It did the trick
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2013
"Nasty place"
When I walked in to check in the guy was very rude!!!! The room was dirty soap in the shower and stuff in the fridge also the floor looked like it was never vaccumed. From me working at Hilton hotels I look at everything in a room and the standerds were very low in this room. I will never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Very good for the price."
Great location. Very close to SPAC. Room was fine.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Suits our needs"
I've stayed at the Grand Union several times now. I always find it to be a good quality, basic motel. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and most importantly, it's within walking distance to the track!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Andy
"Near SPAC"
It was ok..upon entering room..rug was stained and dirty..musty smell..mattress was wrapped in noisy plastic..nice hot shower..$10 deposit for room key till returned..coffee, tea, donuts, and fruit in AM..Near SPAC..
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Near SPAC
"Awful Service"
The motel itself was ok but old and the room very small. The pool was ok and probably the best part of the motel. Stayed there August 3rd for the races and on check in was directed around to the backside of the motel for our room. Tried to find the road back there and couldn't so I had to go back into the front desk and was then told that I had to park out front and cut through an alleyway between hotel rooms to get to the other side. Very Strange setup. Then about 3am was woken by someone banging on a room door a couple of rooms down from us. When we went outside in the morning found that there was actually an argument there when we heard the banging and there was broken furniture thrown all around the grounds! Also, with regards to service, asked the motel front desk where we may find a place to go to breakfast we were directed to the motel served continental breakfast of boxed muffins, coffee and cereal. When we explained we wanted to go to a full breakfast restaurant all we got for an answer was downtown (something I could have figured out myself!). The front desk issues were directly related to the fact that the Asian man at the front desk could hardly understand or speak English. Therefore, any chance of service was nonexistent! Would not recommend this motel unless all you care about is just any place to sleep for the night. .
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Glen
"Good enough"
Great location if you need a place to sleep in Saratoga. Not fancy.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Horrible experience"
The service in general was horrible. So much that my first review couldn't even be published, only because I only said the truth.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
disgusted
"The only motel room left."
The rooms are dark and smell of smoke. The grounds are unpleasant. The bathroom was tiny and uncomfortable. But this was the only motel/hotel room left in Saratoga Springs for the date in question.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Poor service"
Had the air conditioner go in our room. It was a hot, humid night and it woke us up in the middle of sleeping because it was so stuffy. When I called the front desk, no one answered. Walked over to the front office, sign told me to knock on room 17 for service. The guy was miserable, asked me "well what do you want me to do about it"? Eventually he switched our room to the next one over. Disappointed in the lack of courtesy. Do yourself a favor and stay at the hotel across the street for a little extra a night!
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013
Garry
"close to downtown"
poor TV- poor breakfast bar otherwise OK. Pleasant staff. Not sure worth the price overall
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Helene
"Close to Saratoga Springs performing arts building"
No blow dryer, no coffee maker, no cups to drink from
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
bob
"could have been better"
There were a few issues with our stay. A musty odor as you entered the room was not a good impression. The inability to hook up to the wireless gave the feeling of being disconnected from the world. AC could have been working a bit colder. The outdoor grill was a nice addition but while we were there the table by it was not cleaned. The pool was refreshing but closing at 7pm did not give much time to enjoy it. We had a great time visiting the city and the concert was awesome!!! Saratoga Springs is beautiful and clean and we will visit again, just not at this hotel
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Di and Diane
"Pleasant place"
I have stayed here before so I knew what I was getting. The rooms are adequate-very old school- but they are clean an comfortable. The pool was great-a little chilly due to all the rain. The breakfast/coffee was nice to have in a place this small.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Cande
You are getting a cheap room in a great location. The rooms are what you pay for, nothing spectacular. The Staff was very helpful and I was within walking distance to the performing arts center. The Soda in the vending machine was from 2011 and 8 of 10 options were sold out. Bring your own beverages. The room was clean and comfortable enough, but it's an older looking place. Again, you get what you pay for and if you want a cheaper room this is a great spot. I would recommend it to anybody who is looking to just get a place to crash at night.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Overall - disappointing. Room was clean, location was excellent. Service was provided by a single employee with no backup. Details: 1) no hair dryer; 2) no ice bucket; 3) air conditioner was loud; 4) automatic wake up was broken. This is a medium sized motel. on the night I stayed (Friday), there were only six rooms with a car outside.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"OK, old motel rooms."
Shower door did not close so there was a huge puddle on the floor after each shower. We asked them to take a look at it and fix it or give us another room. No one came to fix it and the only other room available was very musty smelling.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Ruby
"Very over priced"
This is a very run down motel which does not agree with the area. It was way over priced for the amount of money I spent.
1 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2013
"50s Architecture, 21st C Amenities"
the title describes the review .... not interesting neighborhood, but within 2 miles of everything!excellent value.
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2013
"Adequate"
Booked this romm as a place to stay after DMB concert at Spac. Was within walking distance. Was way overpriced, but was adequate for the need. The room smelled musty, but not of cigarrettes (non-smoking room)
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"Old school Saratoga Motel."
Old School Saratoga Motel. I have stayed there before. Not a bad place. Rooms are clean. Its nothing fancy thats for sure. Parking is great right in front of your room. Easy to take stuff in and out of room. Good rates. Other Hotels closer to town get booked up and are more expensive. Nice easy walk into town.
Other trip May 9, 2013
Older, but well maintained motel. Office had a moldy smell, but room smelled OK. Nice bathroom. Nice location
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
"Interesting Visit"
All went well except when it came time to check out - the room key was stuck in the lock in the door and would not come out!
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013