All hotels in Saratoga Springs, New York, United States of America
120 S Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Service is adequate
    Dirty
    Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
"sleeper"
Not a place to stay in your room and relax but nice for an over night. Your door opens to a parking lot and there is no safety chain. Bring your own hair dryer. They use real keys and beds are not queens but twins. Location is great for state park and museums.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
This is an older motel, not beautiful but adequate and economical. The location is very good, easy access, easy to find, short walk to the historic part of downtown and a fraction of the cost of hotels in the area. The room was clean and basic, the night clerk was pleasant and helpful. There were no frills ( no refrigerator, no coffee maker in room, etc.) and breakfast was late (after 7 am) for an early riser, although hot coffee is available a short walk away at several convenience stores in the area. In summary, for a place to sleep in Saratoga Springs, nothing fancy, this will do; anything more, look elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Needed a place to stay"
A standard 1960's motel room kept up to date fairly well, very clean, mostly functional. Shower drain was somewhat clogged, plumbing noisy. Bed comfortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Jake
"Yes, it is THAT bad..."
Filthy carpets, smelled like horse, giant bug on the ceiling, bedspreads from 1984(???), mattresses wrapped in plastic, just gross. Yes, it's bad. I actually decided to drive the 3 hours home at 2:00 a.m. rather than sleep in this room. What a waste of $$!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Erin
"Grand Union"
Great location. Close to downtown. Very convenient.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Excellent Experience"
The room was clean and comfortable. Located just south of downtown - close enough for access - far enough from the noise and traffic. I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Saratoga.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
DB
"Don't Stop Keep Driving!!"
I will never stay there again. Dust was everywhere and half the letters were missing off there street sign. Way over priced!!!!!! Updates are a must!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
I was not pleased when I went into the bathroom upon arriving and found past residents hair on the floor and the shower wall. I was not at all impressed with that. But the beds were comfortable and the flat screen was also nice.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Dump"
The hotel/motel was terrible. I've stayed at numerous motel eights that were significantly better. The hotel cost $117 and wasn't worth $17.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Rosa
"Perfect for our purpose."
Easy check in and check out. Clean and comfy. We would stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
ANTHONYJAMES
I was extremely disappointed. This motel is in a perfect spot, close to all the shops on Broadway & the rooms are disgusting. Our first room was musty smelling, the carpet was dirty & looked wet. The room just gave a icky feeling, we were "upgraded" to a "better" room. It wasn't the greatest but it didn't stink & the bathroom was really nice. We definitely will not be staying there again.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
The clerk had my reservation ready when I arrived, I was surprised with the $10.00 key charge. The room I had booked was disgusting it smelt of stale smoke and urine, I was also surprised that the room had three beds, when I was expecting a king bed. When I called the office and asked to be moved I was told it would be an additional $20.00 cash, even though there was no price difference on your website. I was moved to a king room which was nicer, however no coffee pot as stated, the bed was clean and comfortable and overall my stay was not bad.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Comfy clean place"
It was perfect for what I needed-a clean, comfy place to spend the night after a long drive.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Beatrice
While the overall experience was ok, I haven't traveled with a hair dryer for years as most rooms are equipped with them. The room was ok at best, and had a slight odor (maybe a little musty). When we pulled in, we noticed the sign out front was falling apart. The whole place needs a face lift. For the $250 a night I spent, I expected a little more.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Wasn't that bad"
I was hesitant about booking this bc of the reviews but it really wasn't that bad. Decor was weird and outdated and the room did smell a little but everything was clean. Was not worth the price but this place was totally fine for a place to crash for a concert at spac.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Bridget
"Will not go back"
Unwashed towels, unhelpful night clerk, lots of groups of guys drinking
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
h
"Stay away"
First thing I noticed when I walked into my room was the musty smell and the dated bedding. It didn't get any better from there. The carpet felt damp when I accidentally walked on it without shoes. The only toiletry to be seen was a small bottle of shampoo and tiny bar of soap. There were no hand towels. The next day, the room barely looked like it was cleaned. bedding was just pulled up, not made up neatly like you would expect. lid to a coffee cup was left on night stand, didn't look like it had been vaccuumed. We stayed during race season so expected to pay a lot for a cheap motel room but we didn't expect it to be so poorly kept up.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Close to SPAC"
The room was adequate for a short stay but I was disappointed that it had no refrigerator or hair dryer in the bathroom. It took quite awhile to cool the room down but after it was running a couple of hours, it finally cooled down. Service was good and location was good.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Maureen
"Needs work - especially with customer service."
Better than I thought it would be, based on other reviews, but it still needs a lot of work. The carpeting in the hotel lobby and rooms were filthy. The rooms were musty smelling and the blankets were old and scary looking. However, it looks like the mattresses were recently replaced, the bathroom was renovated and the pool and pool area were beautiful. The management was rude and dismissive when my husband inquired about the air-conditioner in the room being VERY LOUD - so loud that he turned it off during the night. The manager/owner asked "what do you want me to do about it - you can leave". Also - despite the pool being an "oasis" in an outdated motel, the pool side garbage can was not emptied all weekend long and was spilling on to the pool deck. When the manager/owner came to deal with it, he shoved a few pieces of garbage from the top into a large garbage bag and laid it next to the can. It was gross!!!
"old-fashioned motel with great location"
Staff was friendly but don't expect great coffee or a large room. I felt nostalgic staying in a motel; I usually stay in chain hotels.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Maria
"Good price for Saratoga"
Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast of cereal toast and coffee and juice. Only problem was parking lot. Not a good set up for corner rooms and some one almost backed into us when we were registering. Overall a good stay with a great pool.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Met expectations for seasonal motel"
The room met my expectation for what a seasonal motel room would be like at this price point. 15 minute walk to the action in town.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Greg
The room was a bit musty smelling. Not much in terms of appointments...no hair dryer, fridge, coffee maker etc... The ten dollar key deposit was not disclosed on hotels.com. I went to the lobby at 8:00 am in the morning and no coffee was available there either. I was told to come back in 10 minutes. I know Saratoga Springs is an expensive town and finding a bargain hotel isn't easy. This one still seemed a bit lacking for the price.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great location and service just untidy"
Great location and nice people, but the place needs a complete haulover. It's out of date by 30 yrs. also the room cleanliness was sub par. The bed spread was full of dust and the shower required the use of sandals. Hair and mold were found... Should be a cheaper stay
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Room comfort"
Using plastic on mattress is extremely uncomfortable and noisy. Using a lot of unnecessary furniture uses too much space. Need to have rooms seem open. Bathroom nice with newer tile, sink, spigots but grout dingy, dirty looking. The fan timer a very good idea. Coffee in rooms would be nice. Ability to reserve only 1 night also a plus. Only being there overnight, not enough time to really enjoy the area.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Karen and Jim
"Worth it for a place to crash after SPAC show."
It certainly wasn't the finest motel I have ever been to, but for the price and location it was PERFECT. We just needed a place to Pregame/Sleep for a SPAC concert and it was exactly what we were looking for. 15 minute walk to SPAC or a $5 cab ride. I wouldn't want to stay more than a few nights here, but again it was perfect for what we were looking for. Friendly staff and a clean room :)
Other trip May 26, 2014
Ali
"Convenient location"
Absolutely disgusting - found in room when we checked in - mystery liquid in several cups, pretzels, used soap in several places, dryer sheets everywhere, dirty floor, some medication, used dental floss. Dusty, smelly, gross. Towels and sheets appeared to have been changed and beds were made up.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Dumpier than I remember, and not cheap."
Been here before - I always remember the bad but I don't remember anything wrong with this place. This time they "misplaced" my reservation (off by a week, resolved in about half an hour, but it was late and I was tired). They bumped me up to a "better" room for my trouble. Quite a flea-bag - reeked of cig smoke, temp set to 75 deg hit 100F before shutting down, clumps of mud on the bathroom floor, 1/2 bottle of the last guys shampoo, one tiny soap chip, no washcloth. Guy next door came out when I arrived, thought I was his drug dealer or something and ran back in. Reminded me of someone from "No Country for Old Men" so I slept with a chair propped under the knob. Late, tired, went to sleep, lived to see the dawn. Stay here if you must, but "You don't have to do this".
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
guitarhunter
"Avoid"
The hotel is in a state of disrepair. My husband had to take the heaters' filters outside and clean them. The smell of "old and dirty" was the only accurate description.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Diane Barsa
Love the asian couple at the front desk they were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean, but need to be updated.
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. We try very hard to make our guests feel at home. As an older property we are slowly working on updates and hope to have them completed sometime soon. Please consider us on your next visit to the area.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"The room was filthy and smelled"
I will think twice before using expeaid again. You charged high rates and provided sub par conditions.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not the Ritz. But far from a roach motel"
Nice staff. Decent Internet. The previous are self explanatory.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"it was a room close to the track"
rooms were a little to smalll should improve the tvs close to town
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"good value for cost"
great location, good value, good shower, warm rooms, quiet
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for completing the survey to let us know how we are doing .We will share this with our staff as it is always good to hear positive feedback. We hope you consider us in the future if your travels bring you this way again.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
One of the worst stays I have ever had in a hotel. Got there to check in before my friends, went to the room and thought it wasn't a bad room. Locked the dead bolt went to the bathroom and could not get out. Luckily my friend check on our room and found my banging on the bathroom door. She could see from outside that I was locked in. She went to the lobby and told them that it was stuck in the bathroom. Needless to say they did not have a key to the dead bolt...after being in there for an hour and my friend telling them she was calling 911 they got thru a window... The owner had the nerve to say it was my fault for locking the dead bolt...not his broken bathroom door. The last time I will stay there...room 9. The best part of the story is he didn't give me my money back or even a discount....poor businessman.
Response by The Grand Union Motel
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your December stay at our motel. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you encountered as it is certainly not how we expect our staff to treat our guests. This is still being investigated and we are working very hard to ensure something like this does not happen again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2013
Debbie
"don't go!"
Room was not well insulated and door opened to outside so every noise was herd. Carpet was stained and wet when we got there, matresses and boxsprings were covered in plastic. The bathroom shower head had some unidentifiable substance on it. When we left I felt as though I needed to delouse myself. There was a snow storm over night and we were plowed in, we had to shovel ourselves out in order to leave by the check out time. There were no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms as the description says, they had one with access in the main lobby, at 10 am we tried to use the lobby and it was locked. there was a extra charge for the keys so you would bring them back, and I mean Key not a card. Cable they claimed to have and wifi internet, we had neather.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
"Stay away"
Wi-fi didn't work. Beds were uncomfortable. No toothpaste in the bathroom. Overall, pretty bad stay especially for the price.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Not at all as advertised. Way over priced for what was provided. Internet in room did not work. Carpet was dirty and stained. Bed had plastic cover that made squishy noises and difficult to sleep. No fridge, no coffe maker, no breakfast just some cereal that was old and stale. Would never stay here again or recommend to others.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Fine for what I needed. Wouldn't stay again."
The staff wasn't very friendly. The room smelled funny, blanket was stained, crumbs on the chair, wifi but no password posted, things under the bed like a full water bottle and other garbage, water running in the bathroom next door made quite a noise. Maid's tip envelope prominently displayed. Required a $10 deposit for the key but the front desk door was locked when we left in the morning. This motel served my purpose but wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
whatever
"Smell"
There was some kind of chemical smell in the room. We got out as early as possible .
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Igor
The hotel lobby was cluttered and worn. The room was crowded and the carpeting was loose and stained. The complementary breakfast was stale cereal, a muffin and Styrofoam cups for weak coffee or lukewarm water for the tea..
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"It was near the town, had to take the car"
Curtains falling off the rod. The room was in the back facing a dirty hill. No hair dryer. Way too expensive for this place. People at desk were not friendly. We had to charge at $10.00 fee for the key and when we checked out they couldn't find the receipt. If when our visa bill comes and it's on there. There will be trouble
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Mary Ann
"Nice motel. Spa and mineral water."
No hair dryer, no coffee machine in room. No water one day - downtown problem, but motel but was inconvenienced by no water. Unable to shower.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
e.g. Mary Ellen
"all round bad"
I would never stay here again. The rooms smelled terrible the beds just are terrible and the sheets are stuck together like glue... never again
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
"This place rots"
The rooms have a bad odor they moved us to another smelly room to late to go some where else so we toughed it out we will never back
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
It did the trick
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2013
"Nasty place"
When I walked in to check in the guy was very rude!!!! The room was dirty soap in the shower and stuff in the fridge also the floor looked like it was never vaccumed. From me working at Hilton hotels I look at everything in a room and the standerds were very low in this room. I will never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Very good for the price."
Great location. Very close to SPAC. Room was fine.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Suits our needs"
I've stayed at the Grand Union several times now. I always find it to be a good quality, basic motel. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and most importantly, it's within walking distance to the track!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Andy
"Near SPAC"
It was ok..upon entering room..rug was stained and dirty..musty smell..mattress was wrapped in noisy plastic..nice hot shower..$10 deposit for room key till returned..coffee, tea, donuts, and fruit in AM..Near SPAC..
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013