All hotels in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America
141 Kernstown Commons BlvdWinchesterVA22602United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
    Delicious food
"Staff was excellent!!"
We arrived late and I believe the night desk person was toniqua. She was very pleasant and helpful and discovered I had 2 rewards accounts for this hotel. Never knew that. She helped us find a place to eat and always with a smile.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Nice setup near Shenandoah"
I needed a place to stay outside of Shenandoah National Park. The price was right, the location was close enough to the park, Great staff, great laundry facilities, nice hot tub, comfortable bed, warm shower, and free cookies at the main desk.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure to keep the cookies baking for your next return with us...
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great stopping place!"
Nice, clean & super convenient. Would definitely stop again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area!
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Quite comfortable would come back again
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. We certainly hope you do return to see us again!
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Greg
"Happy to Stay at Country Inn Winchester."
We were very happy with the room and the amenities provided. Room is large enough to walk about with out tripping over each other. Only issue was internet was on and off...Breakfast was good...all in all we will return. Nice pool, we just did not have time to enjoy it!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of the internet difficulties you experienced and will be looking into it.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"Good stay, great breakfast and great service."
We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was comfortable. The breakfast was great, but what impressed me was the staff member that was on hand during breakfast to help clear used plates and help get anything you needed. We have a special needs son who was being loud at points and a one year old who spilled orange juice and she never complained or gave us a sour look. She offered to help us get anything we needed and was overall very relaxed even though we created a little stress for her I'm sure, and there were other children there as well, acting as children will! Great job.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you had a memorable interaction with our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Nick
"Great area. Food was just so-so."
Breakfast was mediocre
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Yolanda
"Favorite place to stay in Winchester!"
We're big fans of the Country Inn & Suites properties, and the one in Winchester is a regular destination for us. The staff is super friendly and welcoming, the rooms are always clean and comfortable and the breakfast is pretty tasty. It's also very conveniently located for us between downtown Winchester and the Family Drive In. The rockers on the porch are a big plus, too.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our front porch area. It is one of my favorite spots in the hotel!
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
"Nice getaway"
Great place for a great rate.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review!
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
shirley
No complaints; well located near the highway, nice rooms, nice lobby, good breakfast.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy your breakfast with us! We hope to see you again soon in your travels..
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
donna
"Happy dog, happy people"
My fiancé and I visited with our 70 lb dog to go t drive-in movie and see Winchester. Everyone at the front desk was in the breakfast room polite friendly and professional. We loved the extra touches like motivational sayings cucumber water and cookies. People were kind to our dog and she was very comfortable. Was a good clean and roomy suite we had and we would come again ( with bathing suits!) Laura, Ken and Mia
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon when you are travelling around our area!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"perfect hotel to relaxe an visit the national park"
great service team, over all one of the best stay in us
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Keep us in mind the next time you are through our area!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Ulrich
"Very comfortable.."
Very nice place to stay for a few days.House keeping was excellent.Always coffee and fresh baked cookies at front desk.We stayed 3 days this past week.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review ourhotel. I am happy to hear that you had a nice getaway! Please come back and "getaway" any time you like! Best wishes..
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Terri
"Great experience for our family"
Very nice place to take a rest mid-drive. The pool was nice, the breakfast was great and our room was comfy and clean.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you will come enjoy our pool again in the future!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Bad experience"
Did not stay at the hotel. Medical emergency. Was not allowed to change date so was charged for the room that I did not use. Won't be booking there again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Hello, I apologize to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, reservations that are booked through Expedia and it's affiliates, must be canceled in the way they were booked. I hope your situation has bettered. Best wishes to you.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
julie
This was not a good stay I contacted hotels.com regarding this
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Hello Larry, I apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. It is not our hopes that anyone should have a bad stay while with us. Best wishes,
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
The hotel was fine. everything was clean and the staff was very helpful. We used the pool and and that area was clean and user friendly as well. Great breakfast in the morning!! No complaints about the hotel but Hotels.com misled us when we booked. We were expecting a larger room with a sofa and 2 queen beds as they had shown us when we were booking online. Not what we got and the hotel stated that our issue was with hotels.com and not the hotel.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I am currently working to ensure that the wording is removed on the description of the room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Extra nice hotel."
Everything is a cut above. Very pleasant stay.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Bernard
"Decent Hotel for one Night Stay"
good hotel for passing through/one night stay. However, pet-friendly room had a distinct odor of ammonia probably from a cat litter box or pet accident on carpet. Turning AC helped air out the room a little. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Staff were very nice and helpful. Making fresh coffee for us mid-afternoon and offering dinner suggestions. And I was surprised at the breakfast buffet. Not terrific but for a free breakfast, it had more to offer then most other hotels. Scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage were decent enough.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Christine
"Robin Lee"
Professional and friendly staff. Great breakfast. Clean comfortable rooms. Good restaurants and services nearby. Will stay again and again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review! I am so glad to hear that you will be back!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Robin Lee
"Really enjoyed our stay"
We were ungraded to a suite which was very nice. Actually, we don't have any complaints. Everything was just great.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you so much for your review. I am hoping that when you say ungraded, you mean UPgraded!! :) We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Elinore
"Great hotel for on the road travel stop"
This hotel was perfect for our family traveling on the road. Great pool for the kids, fresh breakfast included and our dog was able to stay with us. We stopped here on our trip heading out and enjoyed it so much that we stayed again heading home.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you returned with us on your way back home! We hope you will keep us in mind on your next trip!
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Expedia never told the Hotel we had a dog- so initially they were denying the room we had already paid Expedia for. However, the gentleman standing next to her took charge and made arrangements and they moved us after the second night. The first person we dealt with- Timisha- told us to leave the Hotel and call Expedia she said "Maybe you can get your money refunded." Me and my kids were standing there after a 6 hour drive, that is not what we wanted to hear. Be careful- you are paying Expedia- the Hotel does not HAVE to honor the reservation.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
I apologize for your encounter and the way it was initially handled. I am happy we were able to make the proper arrangements for you. We always request that when booking through Expedia, you call the hotel to see about availability of any pet rooms or other needs.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Hotel nice but bathroom was dirty"
Toilet bowl dirty and staff had to come up and clean it before use. Mirror in bath not wiped and old toothbrush remants on mirror frame. Very disappointing for the price $160) we paid for the suit. Would not return unless I inspected bathroom and rest of unit for cleanliness first.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the presentation of your bathroom. I have spoken with my cleaning staff in regards to this. It is certainly not up to our standards.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"A nice stay"
It was a very comfortable atmosphere. At first, we thought it was going to be interesting since we were placed on the first floor which happens to be the only floor on which animals may also stay. Thankfully, the small dog next door did not bark after 9:30 so our small children could sleep. The breakfast was nice, although there was limited space within the breakfast area to sit at the table to eat your food.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the near future!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Charlotte
"Not #1 rated hotel in Winchester for me."
I think this hotel is a bit overrated. Can't be the #1 rated in Winchester. I did find some problems. Thin walls, lack of cleanliness (dirty carpets everywhere). Ice machine pumping out charcoal in minute quantities. Filter was bad. Had to clean the ice before using it. Breakfast was ok, not great. Lots of children running amuck. Marriott and Holiday inn better choices.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. We have since fixed the issue with our ice machine. I apologize for any inconveniences.
3 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Lawrence
"Place to sleep for the night"
Great hotel. The bed was comfortable and it had a pool for the kids. Needed a place to stop for the night on our way home.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for placing a review on our hotel. I'm glad to see the kids enjoyed the pool! We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Nicole
Good value for the money. Very convenient off 81 and walking distance to several restaurants and Alamo draft house.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Great stop on our way home."
My two teenagers and I stayed at this hotel on our way home to Pennsylvania. The staff was welcoming; the room was clean and comfortable. The location is excellent - there is a gas station, 7-11, movie theater and a few restaurants all in the same complex. We will not hesitate to stay here again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Noisy between floors"
I usually love this hotel chain. We were on the 2nd floor. The only thing we heard until 11pm was the banging of the people on the 3rd floor walking back & forth. We pay more because we expect better facilities when we travel. I have never had this problem before. It's like they did not put enough concrete between the floors to make it sound proof. The noise was very loud until the people finally went to bed.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the noise disruptions. In the future, I encourage you to ask for a top floor room. We grant requests as much as possible!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
cslambert
"Loved it!"
Wonderful hotel, great facilities, comfortable and attractive room. Country Inn & Suites serves the best breakfasts! (This one had two waffle makers, so my kids didn't have to wait as long to make theirs!) Awesome hotel. We felt at home, which was great since we were there five nights.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you felt at home here. I am glads your kids were happy to get their waffles made quickly, I know I love Country Inn waffles! Yum!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
great stay super people that took care of us
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. We sure do pride ourselves in our wonderful staff! We hope to see you again on your next visit through our town.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Overnight stay.."
Wonderful... Very accommodating & comfortable! Loved the Hot Breakfast
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your hot Be Our Guest breakfast buffet!!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
linda
"Nice hotel in Winchester"
Great hotel - clean with friendly staff. Has continental breakfast which is OK and does the job.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and interaction with our staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you through our area!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Always very nice"
We have stayed at this hotel many times, and it's always very nice. Never any problems. Nice rooms, breakfast, and location.....near I81, gas, and food.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to our area!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"A very nice stay"
Very comfortable bed and pillows. I prefer pillows that aren't too overstuffed, as they are better for my neck, and these were perfect. The breakfast was excellent and we really enjoyed the breakfast burritos. The coffee in the lobby was also excellent, and even the coffee in our room was quite good, rather unusual for hotel coffee-make coffee. Athough we were near highways, the room was fairly quiet. The only issue was that we had someone above us who stomped a lot. We are good on our return and will ask for a third floor room. I did appreciate the exercise room.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for placing a review on our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. And yes - you may always request a top floor and we will always do everything in our power to honor every request we receive! We hope to see you again in the near future!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
The stay was fine, and the room comfortable and clean. The breakfast was hot and good. The only issue we had was that upon check in I asked if we could switch from a king room to a king with a pullout sofa. We ended up traveling with 2 girls (13 and 14 yrs) that were not expected when the room was booked. I had called Hotels.com to see if it would be possible to change room types and was told that I would have to deal with the hotel directly. They had rooms available they could have moved us to, but the clerk said there was no way she could do it because I had booked through Hotels.com. She said she had no idea what I had paid for my room ( What did it matter? I was willing to pay the difference between room types at their regular rates) She kept telling me she was unable to do anything. I pointed at the 2 girls and told her "I guess they have to sleep on the floor then." At that point she said she could switch me to a room with 2 Queen beds. That was acceptable to me and I told her to please do that. I'm not sure why she didn't tell me this from the beginning. She just didn't seem interested in going out of her way at all to find a solution to our issue.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for placing a review on our hotel. I apologize for the way your room assignment was handled while you were with us. We certainly want things to be as smooth as possible when you are here at our hotel. Regardless, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Laurie
"Works fine for the family"
The room was fine, although you can tell this hotel has some years on it. The location is quite good, since you're located right beside a shopping center, with restaurants, movie theater, and other stores a few steps from your door. The pool is always nice to have when you have young kids. It gets quite loud in there though when the kids play. I SAID, IT GETS LOUD IN THERE! All in all, a pleasant trip.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on the hotel. I agree, it can get quite loud when there are many kids having a good time in there! I am pleased that your family enjoyed your time spent here. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
friendly service, wife loved there cucumber ice water in the lobby,
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am very happy that your wife enjoyed our cucumber water! We hope to see you again in the near future..
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Rodney
Good experience for an overnight stay during road trip.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are travelling through our area!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Comfortable"
Very clean throughout, appealing pool and spa area, more than adequate breakfast, helpful staff, and convenient location. Would certainly use again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to place a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope that we will see you again the next time your travels bring you to our area!
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
mark
"Nice hotel half way point to our destination."
Everything was great. Liked the choice of restaurants in the area.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our area restaurants!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not typical of this hotel chain..."
Overall the room was clean but the AC seemed to be poor. Pool was not open and breakfast was unorganized. The breakfast area was right in the middle of the lobby unlike other country inn's where there is a dedicated room. I would not stay here again which is too bad because the hotel chain is usually good.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am confused though, our breakfast room does have it's own room to the side of our lobby. Are you possibly confusing us with another location? Also, our pool has not been shut down anytime recently, and the hours of operation are 6am-midnight.
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Wonderful, Clean, Friendly Hotel"
My family stayed here for 2 nights. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I loved how clean everything was. You can tell the staff really take pride in their jobs; from the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the breakfast staff. Great hotel!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel staff! I have shared your words with them and they were more than pleased to hear the wonderful things you have said!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Ashleigh
"A great exscape place"
A great place to stay thoroughly enjoyed it will stay again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your 5 star review!
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
scott
"Overnight stay - comfortable accommodations."
Overnight stay on vacation travel. Room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good. Overall, good value for the dollar.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are through our area!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
We're there to see the Corvette Museum and take the tour. Along with some of the other sites in Bowling Green. Very nice hotel but was somewhat surprised the breakfast area had limited seating for the size of the hotel.We were there during the week and did not go down for breakfast until 9:00 and it was still crowded. If not for the kind act of another guest reading his paper and drinking a second cup of coffee giving us his table (4 of us, 1 of him) we would have been eating in the lobby.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Bowling Green is pretty far from our property, did you stop at our hotel along your travels there?
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Jean
"Nice hotel, close to interstate"
This hotel is pet friendly which was nice since my son had his dog. The room was clean and didn't smell like dog like I was afraid it would. The staff was friendly and helpful. My family enjoyed the pool and hot tub.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy our pool and hot tub! We hope to see you again in your future travels..
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Disappointment all around"
Our stay went wrong from the very beginning, for some reason they had decided to redo the parking lot during the busy summer travel season and half of the lot was roped off which led to us being told we would have to park across the street behind a restaurant. When I expressed my displeasure with our contract being broken (the description of the hotel states that there is parking) by this parking issue and asked if we couldn't park in the roped off section just for the night, the roped off portion of the lot had yet to have any work started, we were told the work would be starting at 4 or 5 am and so it was impossible for us to park there. So after some investigation on our part and found an empty spot along the curb in the back, it wasn't technically a parking spot but it didn't block anything and when we showed the night clerk the area she said it would be fine to park there. At 6:30 in the morning we got a phone call from a woman who was I believe was the manager who demanded we immediately move our truck or she would have it towed. Oddly when I checked out the manager wasn't available for a discussion on this matter and the day clerk just kept giving me excuses for her co-workers without admitting fault on the hotel's part. In addition to the parking problems and lack of communication among staff the hotel is showing its age badly. I travel a lot and yet this is the only review I have ever left for a hotel. I have done so because my experience was so bad.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand it can be difficult when a hotel is undergoing work. We are currently starting renovations to our property, and the parking lot was included in this. We were only able to leave half the lot open at a time for the 3 days the work was being completed. I apologize for any discrepancies in communication with our employees, as we do not allow guests to park in the No Parking zone in front of our dumpster. Our manager's can be in and out running hotel errands, and we are not always available. I am sorry that you were not able to place your concerns with the manager that morning. I apologize that your experience was as it was during your visit. That is certainly not the experience we wish for our guests during their time with us.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Very nice"
Great stay. Clean and modern. Nice breakfast too!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester, VA
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast!
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015