All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3251 Deposit Dr, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"great choice at a great price"
Very clean, friendly and comfortable. Very good breakfast with lots of choices.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great staff"
The staff was exceptional and the hotel was very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
"Wonderful experience. Highly recommended"
Family emergency for out if state relative. Courteous and professional Clean and comfortable! Convenient location.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Jill
"Great family hotel"
Very comfortable room, very clean, and good breakfast choices. Would definitely stay here again. Only suggestion would be to keep the pool a little warmer in the winter time :)
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Lisa, We thank you for your comments and suggestions! It was nice to hear you enjoyed your room and our breakfast!
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
The hotel was beautiful. Upon entering, the staff was friendly. When I requested paper plates for some pizza we ordered, the man at the front desk(matt) made a comment, "let me guess, they didn't give you paper plates" and then instead of giving us a bunch of plates, he needed to know Exactly how many I needed. he just made things difficult when they didn't need to be. This hotel offers free breakfast and THE BREAKFAST WAS TERRIBLE!!!!! Probably one of the worst things i've ever eaten. Plan on eating somewhere else. This hotel looked nice, but over priced and shouldn't offer breakfast if it's not going to taste half way decent. The cleaning staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs and other than Matt, the rest of the staff was very friendly. The bed, for me, wasn't that great. I've definitely slept on better. I had back pain every night. Probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Peter V, We were sorry to hear about your breakfast experience at our hotel. I am also sorry if I frustrated you asking how many paper plates were needed. We did have a limited amount left that day and that is the only reason I asked, I did not mean to make it difficult. As for the mattress situation they are still fairly new and in good shape, we were sorry to hear it wasn't comfortable to you.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Peter V.
"clean"
Amazing staff all around. Best hotel we have been to for the price.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Our staff appreciates your comments and we were so happy to hear about being the best hotel you have stayed at for the price.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Bethany
"I would stay again"
Stay was fantastic. However was very un-nerved to hear in the morning at breakfast that two vehicles in the parking lot had their windows smashed in. The staff at the hotel were helpful as they were observed vaccuuming out the cars and helping to fit cardboard into the windows so that the guests wouldn't get too cold on their way home. The staff impressed me.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Julie, Thank you for your survey we are sorry that happened during your stay and we assure you that after what occurred we have talked with our security company to add extra cameras to our back lot.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Home"
Wish there was restaurant around but it is my new place to stay in Grand Rapids
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Thank you for making this your new place to stay while in Grand Rapids. For your information the tap house/restaurant Gravity is now located in front of our hotel and is within walking distance.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Perfect for Work Trips"
Very convenient location. Nice facility. Enjoy the coffee and snacks available 24-7 in lobby. Great variety of choices for the free breakfast. I've stayed 3 times in the past year for work and find it to be great value for the price.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Thank you so much for your repeat business, we are happy to hear you enjoy our amenities and we will see you next time.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Denise
"It was nice."
The staffs were okay. Their attitude was very gentle and very easy to understand everything. The location was nice.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and location, we hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Terry
"Very nice stay"
Nice room, quiet & very nice staff !! Free cookies in the evening is a nice touch!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Thanks for your comments, we will have those cookies ready for next time too!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
patti
"Nice Hotel Close to Airport"
My wife and I loved the pool, clean, heated, with exersize noodles. The morning breakfast was extensive with good dietary choices.The dining attendants were smiling and diligent. The women at the front desk were very helpful- one downloaded directions to three covered wooden bridges for me. A front desk guy laughed at me when I needed some help running off my airline tickets- he had just had a hard time with a difficult person and had been very patient. The woman who cleaned was thorough and friendly. In the trees outside we saw cardinals, woodpeckers, and chickadees. The only negative thing about the hotel was the soft mattress. My back is not good to start with but a night in the bed left me walking with difficulty to begin my day. Aqua aerobics in the warm pool and a back-pounding in the sauna however, civilized my back. I would stay here again if I could just order a piece of plywood from the front desk.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
We are sorry to hear that the mattress wasn't too your liking and we will try to keep that plywood stocked for next time!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Easy access to the highway"
quite and clean. Right off 96 and the beltline. The bathrooms need some updating (Shower) but everything else was really nice.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"Winter Getaway"
Went to visit Frederik Meijer Gardens to see the Christmas display so I chose the Country Inn & Suites because it is close. Very nice staff and helpful. Stayed on the main floor and it was nice and quiet. Good breakfast in the morning with lots of food and open for late comers. I would recomend this for anyone who wants a great room for a good price.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Fellow travelor
"Wonderful hotel"
We loved this hotel! It looked like it had been very recently built, and was a very nice facility. The pool area was really nice, and a larger than average hotel pool size. Room was very comfortable, with plenty of space. Would DEFINITELY stay here again! The only detraction was the traffic noise, but it wasn't too bad until the early morning commute time. A room on the front side of the hotel would probably not hear it much at all.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
We appreciate your comments about our hotel and hope you consider us if you're in Grand Rapids again.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
"Just as nice as the first time"
2nd time staying at this hotel and it was as pleasant as the first time. Will stay here again. Really enjoy the breakfast, the room is nice and clean. It would be nice to watch TV in HD, as I found it hard to read the upcoming news on the left side bar while watching ESPN.
1 night business trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Cornerstone University"
The room was very nice and comfortable. The hotel is not far from shopping and restaurants on the Beltline. We had a good breakfast the next morning. It is very close to Cornerstone University, which parents of CU students will find to be quite convenient.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Thank you for your compliments about our location, we do a lot of business with Cornerstone parents and hope to do so in the future!
Emily
breakfast was awesome and really enjoyed the room Front desk staff were exceptional at giving instructions
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
kathy
"Country inn rocked"
alex was great at check in after a long day
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Tressa
Was treated very nice by everyone there keep up the good work you made me feel special
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
June
"Good craft beer bar 200 feet away!"
The staff was pleasant although I did witness a staff member yelling at an unknown woman in a van from my window. The exercise room is clean and well equipped although I would've preferred some weights heavier than 25 pounds. Cont breakfast is a boring breakfast but I don't hold that against them as it is the standard. Room was clean, parking plentiful, wifi fast. There is a craft beer bar opening about 200 feet away soon which will make me stay here again the next time I am in GR.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice Stay"
Hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. Location was convenient. This is our second stay and would stay here again if the need arises
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Denise, We appreciate your review and your comments about the cleanliness and friendliness of our hotel! Hope to see you next time your in town.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Denise
"Great Hotel!!"
Yummy Breakfast, friendly staff, warm cookies, clean room...... what is not to like!!!!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Very clean!!!"
Very clean and great breakfast bar in the morning! Close to the expressway, but not noisy at all! Will stay there again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
It's great to hear how much you enjoyed breakfast! Hope to see you next time.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Gail
"Good location with easy access to DT Grand Rapids"
Staff very friendly and helpful. Willing to research any question.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
We appreciate your comments about our staff!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Easy check in. Nice ambience in lobby. The room was quiet and very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Clean and convenient location"
Very friendly and wrlcoming staff, large and very clean room. Right off interstate, easy to get to.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Joanne, Thank you for your compliments and we hope to see you again next time your in Grand Rapids.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Joanne
"We chose for closeness to Meijer Garden"
We wanted a nice place to stay on our anniversary while in town for ArtPrize and it delivered.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Curt, I'm glad we could deliver a good nights rest for you and hope you consider us next time!
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Curt
The only negative was the handle to the shower fell off. Looks like it was missing a screw. I was able to twist it back on temporarily to shower.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Biking on the White Pine Trail"
Went to Rockford went biking about 20 miles in the rain came back ate lunch at Armies. Bough 20 lb of coffee at the coffee house and bought some sounvenirs. The next day we went another 20 miles the other way toward Comstock Park after breakfast in the sunshine had donuts and coffee at the water fall then went home. Great time as usual.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Ron
Excellent facility, 5 min drive to to Meijer Garden and good restaurants, easy access to downtown..
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
A friend and I traveled from WI to Grand Rapids, MI. We stayed for 2 nights and we were both very happy with the accomodations.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Verified Traveler, It is great to hear you we satisfied with your two night stay. Please come back and stay next time your in town!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The hotel rooms were nice. Beds were comfortable and the staff was alwsys friendly. I would stay there again!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Verified Traveller, Thank you for your generous comments, we always strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel around!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"It is in a good location."
Nice clean hotel and very helpful staff. There was a very good breakfast in the morning. And hotel was located close to things in the area.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Mike, Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness, helpful staff and breakfast we hope you consider us next time your in Grand Rapids!
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Close to Meijer Garden & Sculpture Park"
Just about everything about this motel was pleasing with the exception of one persistent annoyance. There was an audible droning sound in my room from some unknown source that would not let up all through my stay. It was not immediately noticeable, but after a while when all else was quiet, that's when you noticed the continuous sound that would not go away. Upon checking out, I notified the front desk agent who assured me that it would be looked into.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Matz, We have looked into that problem and it seemed to be a air conditioning unit on the roof. We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you and we hope you consider us next time your in town.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Matz
"My third stay"
This is my third stay. I love this hotel. The only issue I have is that you cannot walk to anything (Beltline is not walkable), so you have to take a taxi...that said, it looks like there is going to be a restaurant (Malarky's) that will open in the same parking lot. Overall, the people and service are always wonderful. Thanks!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Michael, We appreciate your comments about our hotel. In answer to your comment about the restaurant in our parking lot; Malarky's in now closed and they have been remodeling it to open Gravity which should be in business in mid November.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Outstanding quality, Remarkable Service"
We booked this hotel to be close to the Meijer Sculpture Garden and music venue (3 minutes away). So close to the concerts, the musicians have reportedly been seen staying here. Founders brewery is minutes away. The rooms were updated and big. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was hearty and well organized. We enjoyed the large pool and fitness room. There were no eating establishments within walking distance. You must see the museum quality armed forces tribute display in the lower level. We will certainly be back to see the President Ford museum.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear rds, We appreciate your comments about our hotel and especially about our little exhibit on our lower level honoring our troops. Hope you come and see us again in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
rds
"Very comfortable."
This is a very clean, comfortable, and well thought out hotel. There is 2 nice outside table and rocking chair areas available for guest. One is for smoking, one is non-smoking. Everything is kept so clean and well kept. The breakfast was very good and the staff was all so friendly. The pool area was really fun, and even had pool toys available that added to the excitement for the kids. If all Country Inn's are like this I'll be seeking them out. Thanks Grand Rapid.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Dear Michelle, Thank you very much for your review and sorry about the late response. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our pool, sitting areas, and friendly staff and hope to see you next time.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
michelle
Totally satisfied time. No complaints; all good things.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Everywhere else was booked"
I was thankful to get a room in grand rapids that day. My usual hotels in the Hilton chain were all booked up Marriott too. The staff was Nice however they put me in a room that had a running ionizer in it. I knew it's not healthy for a human to be in the same room as a ionizer so I left the room and told the front desk. They put me in another room but it was a special-needs room. Poorly designed one at that. Again, I was happy to have a room that day just wasn't one of my better hotel stays
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
bob
"A good downtown alternative"
We were in town for a concert, but all of the downtown hotels were booked. Only 4 mile drive, nice facility, bonus, next door to Frederick Meijer Gardens!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Clean, affordable and friendly"
Really enjoyed the nice breakfast! So few places offer warm entrees.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
L.W.
"Hotel was very nice"
The staff was very accommodating. They worked very hard to resolve the issues I encountered when the room was booked.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Monica
short night the staff was great and the rooms where clean
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Staff was great, hotel was incredibly clean and very quiet. Loved it. Will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice hotel right off of express way"
Very nice hotel. Easy check-in and nice staff. Room was clean and there were a lot of available cable channels.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Close enough to G. R. without all the hassle"
I'm a photographer who had assignments over about a 50 mile radius. The Beltline is a brilliant way to get closer to the areas without having to drive to an "Exit" and than navigate BACK to where you need to go. Oh yes, I will recommend for that reason and your outstanding service and accommodations!
Other trip May 26, 2014
Eyephotog...
"Easy in and out"
Very convenient, staff very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Great stay with easy access to highway and city. The TV wasn't working but a quick call to the front desk had a maintenance guy at my door in minutes - just a loose wire. Staff extremely friendly and attentive. Made a reservation for my next visit to the city before I left.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Sandy
"Country Inn Grand Rapids East"
We were very happy with the quality of this hotel and the friendliness of the staff. they were very accommodating.
3 night trip May 9, 2014