All hotels in Morro Bay, California, United States of America

Good internet service
    Rather comfortable
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Solid place to stay...."
Place has nice curb appeal, but is more dated than it appears. Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were very nice. No elevator, so plan on packing your stuff up the stairs. Breakfast was good but cafe room was really cold until I turned on the heater myself; small DIY waffles were the only warm food, otherwise continental fare. 'Hot'tub was only warm, and did not take off the chill of running out there in 40deg weather. All in all, good value for the price we paid on a holiday weekend, but nothing to write in your journal about.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Mason
"Nice family suite"
very comfortable and spacious family suites. Jet bath and fire place. Great for our small dog, too. Breakfast with a waffle maker. The Morro Rock view from the room was good but the neighborhood is not great.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
"Great getaway"
The suite was spacious, everyone was comfortable (5 people)! Love that the grownups had one room and the teenagers were in the other. Staff was very nice, and quick to help. Rooms were very clean, and modern in appearance, love the wood floors. It was a short drive to the beach, and an easy bike ride for the kids! We will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Terrible service and dirty room. We found a bug in one of the beds so we called and let them know about it. They said to me, "the beds are new, we changed them 3 months ago" he didn't seem to even want to deal with it. Then he comes up to check it and when he saw the bug he tells us it was the first time anyone complained. And then he says this isn't a bedbug it's a regular bug. He was reluctant to give us another room. When they did, I asked that someone come check the room to make sure there were no more bugs. It was a lady this time. And she just stood there. So I began inspecting the sheets. Then she rudely said to me, you have to take this room you messed up all the sheets and I have no housekeeper right now and we have no more rooms. As if it's my fault they had a dirty room and needed inspection. The bed sheets were full of stains and hair. The new sheets we asked for had stains on it. And later we found another bug in the new room they gave us in the bathroom. Try to avoid this place. It's one thing to have a dirty room, but to have attitude and acting like it's the customers fault is even worse.
1 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2015
I plan on going back there in December for another stay.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Glenn
Good, clean hotel. Cute. Dog friendly.
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"wouldn't cancel reservation and way overpriced!"
Tried to cancel almost 3 days in advance and they refused. We went anyway and the hotel was reasonably clean but way overpriced and the room was small
Other trip Nov 14, 2015
tarzan jr
"Sweet suit"
The front desk lady was so helpful and nice always smiled. Our room had a cozy fireplace, bath tub had jets and was huge the bed was so comfy!
1 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
"Surprising extras, cozy feel!"
I was surprised with the room amenities--fireplace and jacuzzi tub! I liked the cozy size of the complex, and the easy access from the highway. Friendly management.
1 night trip Nov 5, 2015
Shirley
My son and I had a relaxing getaway before school started. Great hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
antoinette
Overall it was clean and it was a big room to fit my family in. There were some issues with opening door to one of the rooms. We stayed in the master suite so we had two entry doors. The remote wasnt working for one of the tvs so we had to use one remote for both which was a little annoying. It would've been great if there were two bathrooms! All in all, it's nice that it's very close to the beach and we are able to see morro rock from our room.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
"Good value, clean safe place."
We have stayed here dozens of times. It's our first choice when we go to be beach. It's pretty basic, nothing fancy but it is clean and usually is a very good value when compared to most coastal hotels. Just know that your are not getting any "frills" with this hotel and you will enjoy your time...besides, who stays in their room when they go to the beach?
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Great place.... highly recommend it!"
This was a great place. Clean, bright, cheerful! Nice, comfortable bed. A comfortable chair and ottoman. Table with two chairs. Very nice. My one VERY minor complaint would be that the outlet in the bathroom is far from the mirror and my wife couldn't use her curling iron and see what she was doing! However, there was a mirror in the room that she could use. Also, the continental breakfast was just so-so - not much there, but we have come to expect that when these places say continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
Joseoh
"Nice little road side place"
Paid top dollar because booked late during Cal Poly SLO Parent's Weekend, so a little over-priced. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. Pride of ownership seemed present. Bed was a little hard. TV remotes were broken but staff fixed right away. Very dog friendly with park next door, even though manager was terrified of world's most gentle dog. Good for our needs. Not a view hotel nor great location. More of a motel than hotel. Good for sleeping, breakfast and rest of day gone, if you can get a good deal.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
kevin
"Very comfortable"
Thank you for your wonderful establishment. We were extremely happy with our room. The room was large,clean, and bed and pillows were very comfortable.We did not try the breakfast, we checked out early. Also did not use wifi due to being out enjoying the city. We will be returning guests. Thanks again.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Helena
"Ok, not great"
This hotel was ok, pricing was good. I wouldn't pay more than 75 a night.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
The front desk personal was very nice. The bed was not confortable, We had to pay extra $.... to have a room with a bathtub. Unfortunate I will not stay again in this hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Very pleasant and nice room. Probably best I've ever had for the price! Absolutely recommend it
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Karl
"Great hotel!"
Wonderful stay!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2015
One nite only, friendly surroundings
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
deanna
"End of the Summer Getaway"
Last of the summer getaway for family ages 4-52 and all enjoyed the stay,our designated place to stay whenever we go that way from here on out-Keep up the good work
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Gerald
The place was awesome!! Unfortunately the air conditioning was not working. But I had a backdoor with a small balcony so I slept with the door open!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2015
Yvonne
"Very good budget motel"
Very Comfortable, clean room. Great wifi!
1 night trip Oct 6, 2015
"The price was right for what We got."
The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Bathroom needs LOTS of work. I asked for a Handicapped Room with a Roll in Shower and got a Bath Tub with a Shower Chair that was very dirty. Luckily, I carry Clorox Wipes. The outlet in the Bathroom for My Blow Dryer was across the room and the cord wouldn't reach so, We went and bought an extension cord. It was also dimly lit. There was no Alarm Clock or even a area Guide in the room. Also no Phone Book. The morning Breakfast had good offerings and the Coffee was great! It's a very good location right off the Freeway and We had very little to no noise either. Staff is extremely Friendly and they were very Kind to Our Service Dogs.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
SheriHair
"Nice Little Get Away Spot"
Nice location. Beds were a little too soft for our liking. But overall nice!
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Candice
"great stay!"
our stay was great. everything was nice and clean, and the beds were very comfortable!! the room was spacious and came with a microwave and frig. the room came with free breakfast that included: waffles, cereal, toast, apples, bananas, milk, orange juice, coffee, and apple juice. the staff was very attentive and friendly. The hotel is also close to the beach about a 5 minute drive. overall our stay was great! we will defiantly stay here again
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
socorro
"only if you just need to spend the night."
We expected a different setting and ambience. The back and front of the hotel looked like a desert, totally boring and uninspiring.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Decent choice"
Not many 3.5 and 4 star properties on the cost between Santa Barbara and Big Sur. I was worried it would be unpleasant, but it was fine.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
I thought I would be enjoying a nice nutritious breakfast. Instead we got bread, no real butter or jam and the weakest coffee. All server in a dingy lite room.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Traveler
"Great hotel and very accommodating"
We booked this hotel through Expedia for an accessible ground floor room as one of us is unable to climb stairs, but when we arrived at the hotel, we found that had not been included by the booking service in the reservation to the hotel and we had given an upstairs deluxe room. Even though this was a busy weekend when the hotel was full, the front desk clerk worked hard to find us a different room on the ground floor. Confirm with the hotel yourself if you have special requests, as we saw the booking information on the hotel computer, and there was nothing in the booking comments other than we requested a king bed and a deluxe room. Thank you to the Morro Shores Inn for working so hard to make sure we had a pleasant stay in spite of the incorrect booking!
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Kasey
"Dirty bathroom"
The sink and tub didn't drain. I felt dirtier after I showered than before. Inexcusable!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Great location, service, and value"
We stayed 4 nights for our anniversary, and brought our 2 dogs. One is elderly. The hotel was accommodating to our pets, which was really our main concern. The room was clean and comfortable, bed sheets were soft and the bed very comfortable. Everyone at the desk was very helpful and friendly. There is a walking/riding path right next to the hotel, and a small field behind the hotel where we could walk the dogs. There is a baseball park right behind the field, and it was fun to watch the games out our window or on the small patio in the evening (room 104). The continental breakfast was typical and coffee was good! We had a partial view of the rock, which was a nice surprise. They have a laundry room and a spa. We didn't use them, but both appeared clean and in working order. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet this hotel was considering it is RIGHT off the highway. The only time it was noisy was on weekday mornings; there was a person with a very loud motorcycle that entered the highway right there at about 6:00 a.m. Other than that, we heard very little noise. Only complaints: The water pressure is SO low that it was extremely hard to wash my long hair, and I doubt that the water saving device actually helped to save water in this case, as I had to run it a very long time to rinse. Also, the towels were absorbent, but were VERY rough. The large rug in the room needed cleaning. Everything else was average to better than average. We’d stay again.
4 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Debora
"$300 for black mold?"
Worst stay of my trip! This was my most expensive stay and the worst I have stayed in my life. The bathroom was terrible with black mold on the wall.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Cali Girl
Everything was just ok. Continental breakfast is very boring other than the waffle maker. The staff were nice. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom smelled like mildew from the shower curtain which had visible mildew on it.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Jess
"Decent Hotel but not worth the expense."
The hotel was comfortable and clean but way overpriced for the type of room and location. Did not like the bathroom. Very odd set up. Poor lighting and outlets in a very odd place (next to the toilet and not the vanity).
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Good value for the price.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Kathleen
"Terrible Customer Service by Morro Shores Inn & S"
Because my flight was canceled in Salt Lake City and I couldn't get another flight out until late the next day I wasn't able to meet my husband for the week-end that we had planned. I tried to cancel the hotel but they said it was against their policy, they needed 3 day advance cancellation notice. Because this hotel was booked through Expedia and billed to my credit card by Expedia, I expected Expedia to refund the hotel charges, they wouldn't. We booked a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night's stay and because the hotel would not refund any night's, my husband traveled 200 miles on Friday and tried to reason with the hotel to refund at least 2 night's stay. The hotel manager would not refund under any circumstance. My husband ended up staying in Morro Bay for 2 night's by himself since we had already paid for the room. We will NEVER book anything through Expedia again!
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Dawn
Was further from town than we wanted. Not enough parking spaces at night. Smoke alarm shorted out. Maintenance showed up 15 minutes later, not a bad wait.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Overall the town was a good stop on the way to northern CA.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean. Is there anything more to ask for?
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Tomica
Overall is good condition at fair price. It's close to the beach.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Friendly staff and big room"
We ended up booking here after days inn rudely kicked us out (see my review in their page). It was the best thing that could have happened to us! The front desk person Dhru, I know I'm spelling his name wrong, sorry, was so nice and listened to us vent about our horrible experience at days inn. We stayed in the luxury king room and it was huge with a bed and sofa. Lots of room for my dog and son to run around. Everything was clean. The breakfast the following morning was nice and always stocked. Again everyone was super nice, housekeeping ladies were smiling and said hi. Dhru was still there in the morning and was so pleasant! Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
maryanne
"Nice place!"
It is very convenient to Keiser softball complex and just a short drive to the waterfront and Main Street. Nice spa, adequate breakfast, clean and comfortable. Can be noisy on the freeway side, but not bad with the window/door closed.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great choice"
We just stopped on our way up the coast. Very surprised at how comfortable and nice our room was. Breakfast was average but I would highly recommend this and so would my wife (hotel snob)
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
Todd
"GOOD AND COMFORTABLE, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW..."
AS SOON AS YOU GET OUT OF YOUR CAR IN THE PARKING LOT YOU WILL KNOW THE SEWER IS EITHER BELOW OR NEXT TO THE HOTEL. THE COMPLETE BUILDING AND SURROUNDINGS HAVE A STRONG SMELL AT ALL TIMES. I WOULD NOT STAY IN THAT HOTEL AGAIN BECAUSE OF THAT. SERVICE IS JUST FINE. COULD IMPROVE. BASIC AMERICAN BREAKFAST. ROOMS ARE VERY NICE, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
SALOMON
We weren't planning on stopping but traveling down the 1 for the first time took longer than expected so we stayed 1 night. Staff very friendly, room clean and comfortable, older. I think it was a bit over priced for what it is.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"highly recommended"
I was worried that it wouldn't be what I hoped but it far exceeded that. Quiet comfy clean room. Just down the road from the rock and an off ramp away from morro bay harbor and shops.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
leez
"Close to the beach. Clean."
This was just an over night stop on our way south. The room was clean. The thermostat was difficult to adjust. We had a partial view of beach from the tiny balcony. The room was adequate for our needs. If we were there to enjoy the beach we probably would book a place with ocean access and an ocean view.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
The hotel is nice, easy to find, with a small parking lot surrounded by a motel 6. It said you had a balcony, with a view of the Rock. Both are true but you had to look over the hotel behind and we had their swimming pool directly behind our room. The free wifi is true but the service goes in and out consistently.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Location and overall condition are decent. However, the bathroom was not cleaned properly; the continental breakfast was so sparse that this place should not claim that breakfast was included.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015