All hotels in Morro Bay, California, United States of America
290 Atascadero Rd, Morro Bay, CA, 93442, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Comfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
    Bad breakfast
"Great location, service, and value"
We stayed 4 nights for our anniversary, and brought our 2 dogs. One is elderly. The hotel was accommodating to our pets, which was really our main concern. The room was clean and comfortable, bed sheets were soft and the bed very comfortable. Everyone at the desk was very helpful and friendly. There is a walking/riding path right next to the hotel, and a small field behind the hotel where we could walk the dogs. There is a baseball park right behind the field, and it was fun to watch the games out our window or on the small patio in the evening (room 104). The continental breakfast was typical and coffee was good! We had a partial view of the rock, which was a nice surprise. They have a laundry room and a spa. We didn't use them, but both appeared clean and in working order. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet this hotel was considering it is RIGHT off the highway. The only time it was noisy was on weekday mornings; there was a person with a very loud motorcycle that entered the highway right there at about 6:00 a.m. Other than that, we heard very little noise. Only complaints: The water pressure is SO low that it was extremely hard to wash my long hair, and I doubt that the water saving device actually helped to save water in this case, as I had to run it a very long time to rinse. Also, the towels were absorbent, but were VERY rough. The large rug in the room needed cleaning. Everything else was average to better than average. We’d stay again.
4 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Debora
"$300 for black mold?"
Worst stay of my trip! This was my most expensive stay and the worst I have stayed in my life. The bathroom was terrible with black mold on the wall.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Cali Girl
Everything was just ok. Continental breakfast is very boring other than the waffle maker. The staff were nice. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom smelled like mildew from the shower curtain which had visible mildew on it.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Jess
"Decent Hotel but not worth the expense."
The hotel was comfortable and clean but way overpriced for the type of room and location. Did not like the bathroom. Very odd set up. Poor lighting and outlets in a very odd place (next to the toilet and not the vanity).
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Good value for the price.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Kathleen
"Terrible Customer Service by Morro Shores Inn & S"
Because my flight was canceled in Salt Lake City and I couldn't get another flight out until late the next day I wasn't able to meet my husband for the week-end that we had planned. I tried to cancel the hotel but they said it was against their policy, they needed 3 day advance cancellation notice. Because this hotel was booked through Expedia and billed to my credit card by Expedia, I expected Expedia to refund the hotel charges, they wouldn't. We booked a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night's stay and because the hotel would not refund any night's, my husband traveled 200 miles on Friday and tried to reason with the hotel to refund at least 2 night's stay. The hotel manager would not refund under any circumstance. My husband ended up staying in Morro Bay for 2 night's by himself since we had already paid for the room. We will NEVER book anything through Expedia again!
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Dawn
Was further from town than we wanted. Not enough parking spaces at night. Smoke alarm shorted out. Maintenance showed up 15 minutes later, not a bad wait.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Overall the town was a good stop on the way to northern CA.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean. Is there anything more to ask for?
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Tomica
Overall is good condition at fair price. It's close to the beach.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Friendly staff and big room"
We ended up booking here after days inn rudely kicked us out (see my review in their page). It was the best thing that could have happened to us! The front desk person Dhru, I know I'm spelling his name wrong, sorry, was so nice and listened to us vent about our horrible experience at days inn. We stayed in the luxury king room and it was huge with a bed and sofa. Lots of room for my dog and son to run around. Everything was clean. The breakfast the following morning was nice and always stocked. Again everyone was super nice, housekeeping ladies were smiling and said hi. Dhru was still there in the morning and was so pleasant! Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
maryanne
"Nice place!"
It is very convenient to Keiser softball complex and just a short drive to the waterfront and Main Street. Nice spa, adequate breakfast, clean and comfortable. Can be noisy on the freeway side, but not bad with the window/door closed.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great choice"
We just stopped on our way up the coast. Very surprised at how comfortable and nice our room was. Breakfast was average but I would highly recommend this and so would my wife (hotel snob)
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
Todd
"GOOD AND COMFORTABLE, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW..."
AS SOON AS YOU GET OUT OF YOUR CAR IN THE PARKING LOT YOU WILL KNOW THE SEWER IS EITHER BELOW OR NEXT TO THE HOTEL. THE COMPLETE BUILDING AND SURROUNDINGS HAVE A STRONG SMELL AT ALL TIMES. I WOULD NOT STAY IN THAT HOTEL AGAIN BECAUSE OF THAT. SERVICE IS JUST FINE. COULD IMPROVE. BASIC AMERICAN BREAKFAST. ROOMS ARE VERY NICE, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
SALOMON
We weren't planning on stopping but traveling down the 1 for the first time took longer than expected so we stayed 1 night. Staff very friendly, room clean and comfortable, older. I think it was a bit over priced for what it is.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"highly recommended"
I was worried that it wouldn't be what I hoped but it far exceeded that. Quiet comfy clean room. Just down the road from the rock and an off ramp away from morro bay harbor and shops.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
leez
"Close to the beach. Clean."
This was just an over night stop on our way south. The room was clean. The thermostat was difficult to adjust. We had a partial view of beach from the tiny balcony. The room was adequate for our needs. If we were there to enjoy the beach we probably would book a place with ocean access and an ocean view.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
The hotel is nice, easy to find, with a small parking lot surrounded by a motel 6. It said you had a balcony, with a view of the Rock. Both are true but you had to look over the hotel behind and we had their swimming pool directly behind our room. The free wifi is true but the service goes in and out consistently.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Location and overall condition are decent. However, the bathroom was not cleaned properly; the continental breakfast was so sparse that this place should not claim that breakfast was included.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Quang
"Morro Shores Inn"
We stayed 4 nights at this facility and it was okay for us. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The staff was very nice. We were disappointed with the price which was $100 more on the weekend than during the week. Also, we were disappointed there was no elevator or pool. Saying that, it was comfortable and quiet and only a short drive to the bay for surfing and boogie boarding. The family loved that aspect.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Hotel on travel up California coast."
OK. Served our needs satisfactorily. Survey wants me to say more but nothing more to add.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"It was nice"
The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. But when we got to the room we found the AC didnt work. We called the office the guy came to help which he was very nice but he couldnt get it to work. He said he was going to get the manual for it and never came back to fix. There is a back door so we decided it felt nice outside so we left the door open a little bit. Then in the middle of the night the heater turned off. But other than that the hotel was really nice i loved it. But we checked in on a sunday i think they should have just gave us another but. That didnt happened
1 night trip Aug 9, 2015
Rebecca
"Too expensive"
Too expensive
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Lorraine
"Great Stay!"
Great location great room great service!
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Kasie
"Freeway hotel"
Ok but would not stay there again. Too expensive for what you did. Room was ok but mold in the bath room.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
The people running the inn were extremely nice. The beds were hard as was the pillows. First room I've ever been that didn't have a clock. Would probably book somewhere else next time.
4 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Comfortable and spacious room"
Staff was very warm and welcoming....the room was spacious and comfortable....we really enjoyed our stay here.
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Not an upscale hotel for $400 per night. Freeway runs right in front of premises, can be very noisy. Motel 6 next door, behind this hotel for a lot less just as clean and has a pool.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"great"
Great
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
leonard
We like so much about this hotel. the room was very clean and nicely decorated.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Noisy, disappointing."
Unable to sleep because of noise from room above and nearby stairs. Inadequate water pressure in shower. Bare floor in room; no carpeting.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Goletian
"Not a total failure, but not the best experience"
I work in the vacation lodging industry, so when I booked this hotel, I knew I wasn't booking a luxury facility. We only needed something very basic for this trip. I had booked one night through Expedia and at the last minute added a 2nd night. What wasn't explained to me at that time was that we would need to change rooms after the 1st night. No problem had we been advised of this in advance. However, I received a call about 1pm while we were out and about after the 1st night that "we were supposed to check out that morning and needed to return to do so immediately." When I told the man that we had a reservation through the following morning, he argued with me. So I went back to the hotel and presented him with my Expedia confirmation. He still told me that we didn't have a reservation. When I told him we would go find another hotel since we hadn't been satisfied with our first night stay anyhow, but that I wanted to be sure that I would be refunded for one of the night's I had paid for, he began to look more intently. Finally he found our 2nd night and told us we would have to take a different room. He never apologized, never asked why we weren't satisfied with our first night (hello...opportunity to possibly make our 2nd night better), and never offered to send someone to help us transfer our suitcases. The rooms were marginally ok, beds not comfortable, location noisy and smelly (almost like a sewage plant was nearby?), towels frayed, breakfast disappointing.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Donya
"Good for Families"
Room was spacious and clean. A bit pricey for a motel near highway. A short drive to the Embarcadero.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Gerard
the hotel is quite old. the room is smelled.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"outstsnding."
I was pleasantly surprise at the hotels upgrades and condition. Dose need some cleaning and painting of the exterior.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
leonard
This is a great hotel that backs up to a walking/biking path and a nice park that has a kids area and baseball fields. It is not next to the ocean, but it is within just a couple minute drive. The hotel rooms are nice, with nice wood-look laminate (so you might want slippers) and air conditioning (which can be rare in Morro Bay.) They serve a breakfast of cereal, waffles, pastries, apples, bananas, coffee and juice. No sources of protein though. This is a really nice hotel and we have enjoyed staying here twice.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Matthew
"over priced"
ok, room... barely any outlets in the room... pretty uncomfortable beds too
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Austin
This was a lovely hotel to stay at. The rooms were remodeled and spacious. I have to say that the hotel staff helped us with any questions we had about directions and local tourist attractions. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
"Ok"
Hotel staff not very helpful. Room above us was running a track meet in their room called front desk to ask to have them quite down and they were scared too! $700 for 2 nights you would expect some kind 9f customer service. Found spiders in both rooms.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Javier
"Good value. Clean and comfy."
The room was nice and clean. Small balcony and hot tub. The place was nicely updated. Summer rates are high, like every other place, but probably the best value in town. I was happy with the stay, just don't like paying so much for a Saturday night stay. It's a bit ridiculous. But they all do it. Typical resort town rates.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Room is fresh comfort"
The room are comfortable than others because their back door to balcony can be opened, so that there is fresh air in the room as home. Also their windows are special opening. I like their design.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
XiuChuan
"It was just ok!"
We paid way too much for this hotel but it was the only thing available for the weekend we needed it. We stayed Friday through Sunday and upon returning at 4:00 Saturday our room had still not been cleaned. The smoke detector was open and missing a battery. It advertised a balcony with mountain views and I had a hard time finding the tip of one mountain. Overall it was ok if you spend $150 or less. If more it's not worth it.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Amber
The room had a funky smell. For the price of room not worth it
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Headed to Morro Bay for a weekend getaway. The hotel location was good - easy to get to town, the beach, the highway. The bed was really comfortable, as was the room in general. The hot tub needed some work and seemed in need of chemical treatment. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and efficient. Every now and then you could smell the treatment plant when the wind changed direction. Very close to a great beach!
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Room was clean, quiet, & comfortable. Water pressure was weak but overall the room was decent for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Felicia
"Ok hotel"
We stayed at this hotel one night my wife 3 kids and I. The air conditioning didn't work very well, the fireplace pilot Light was so high the fireplace have off heat. We had two room adjoined by doors there was only one bathroom, not a bad hotel but for the money is way over priced. Not any better than a motel 6, $400+ for the double room we had and only one bathroom. Would not stay here again
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Doug
"Walking distance to Morro Rock"
lodging is located right off the freeway Clean no frills place. Pricey for what they offer.
"OK"
Everything was ok breakfast a little disappointing but it was ok
"Nice and clean hotel"
Although the hotel is a bit old, the room was super clean. We arrived late but the person at the front desk was very helpful at letting us know where to find food. Overall a very good experience.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Worst Hotel Experience ever!!!!"
Next to Sewage Plant!!! Stench!!! A/C didn't work!!! No reimbursement for second night; unable to stay due to poor conditions & odor!!! Worst Hotel experience ever & Venere DID NOTHING!!! Don't ever book with these Bozos!! 3 Star NO WAY!!!
2 night trip Jul 20, 2015