All hotels in New Delhi, India
419, Esplanade Road, Opposite Red Fort, Old Cycle Market, New Delhi, Delhi N.C.R, 110006, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

2 night trip Jan 18, 2013

1 night trip Dec 1, 2012
5 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2012
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Tara Palace

"sightseeing of old delhi"
07/12/15 Amber N
My partner and i got recommended to stay here by a friend, the food was delicious and cheap and it was right in the heart of old Delhi which was fantastic for seeing chock. The shower was warm at best even if you called 10minutes before hand to turn the hot water on… rooms where clean and i think i was correct for the price we paid.
"Location is Very Good"
05/20/15 mishrarohit9 Mirzapur, India
I was transitting via New Delhi so took a day stop in Hotel Tara. Location is very good, room are as per rates, 1450 without pick up from airport. Cleanliness maintained but Bathroom taps were leaking esp. wash basin. Food is average, but remember when you order food be very specific and confirm what are you going to get for example i ordered Aloo Paratha 1 Pc (1/2 Plate cost Rs 50) so as i've seen always you get cutney, yogart etc should be a part of it when it is actually part of ful plate ( 2 pcs cost Rs 95) but NO it not and when i enquired then they say we can not give it so i told them i will pay for it but staff was reluctant to give that. Well this is one small example of rudeness which i faced. WIFI is only in front of reception.
"Friendly somewhat overpriced, poor area"
05/11/15 bearchri Las Vegas, Nevada
The free airport transfer is very nice and staff is friendly. The hotel is an old midsize property located in a really appalling warren of beggar filled alleys. The rooms are large and have the basics but they are rather poor for the price. Showers and closets and so forth are adequate. Breakfast is a choice of a couple of set menus. OK but nothing great and can be a long wait to be served. Wifi is quite bad for India, I had no signal in the room and only a weak one in the hall. Overall other choices in this price range could get you someplace decent in Connaught Place or a nice place near New Delhi station.
"Love this Hotel"
05/08/15 amit199024 Himachal Pradesh, India
I have stayed at this hotel 10 times over the last 2 years and love it. The restaurant is great, cheap and delicious. The staff are very- very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I love the Hotel Tara Palace. Its the only hotel that I will stay in Delhi. Last Stayed April-2015 , travelled with friends.
"A peaceful place in the middle of chaos"
04/28/15 Mostafa A
I enjoyed staying at this hotel mainly because it is close to all the things I wanted to see in Delhi and also close to the markets, the staff were super supportive and friendly and they also have their own travel tour company which has acceptable prices, the rooms were old fashioned and decent.
"A calm and friendly place right in the midst of the hustle and bustle"
04/06/15 serena_7426 Birmingham, United Kingdom
This place is a real value for money. We wanted to stay in the old city and experience the hustle and bustle so this place was perfect as it's really central (the Red Fort is 5 mins one way and the Jami Masjid in the other). We arrived late after a fairly chaotic journey from the airport, so to get a warm welcome was just what we needed. Also we were hungry but within half an hour we were sitting in their restaurant eating a great meal they'd prepared (this was also where they serve a great complimentary breakfast). The staff were helpful and professional and although the rooms are relatively basic they are clean and there's all you need. If you needed any further convincing there's also great views from the roof!
"Probably my all-time favorite hotel!"
03/30/15 sberinhout3 Moscow, Russia
My fiancé and I stayed here for about 1.5 weeks and it is probably our favorite hotel that we've ever stayed at anywhere in the world (and we travel to a different country about every month). There are some reasons why it's inexpensive-- the beds are not the most comfortable and it can be a little loud from street noise (I would actually recommend getting a room in the center of the hotel, not one with a balcony for this reason). However, this hotel undoubtedly gets 5 stars from us because of the UNBEATABLE SERVICE. Each and every employee really is absolutely phenomenal and will go way above and beyond to make you as happy and comfortable as possible. Anything you might need-- whether its someone to order you a taxi at 3am, someone to walk with you to an ATM or the nearest metro station (because finding these on your own can be daunting in a city like Delhi!), or even if you mention a food or drink that you'd like to dry--they'll immediately offer to get the ingredients and make it for you! Dillip and Chabi were particularly wonderful and made our stay absolutely fantastic. We ate dinner on the amazing rooftop terrace most nights (the view is great!) and every meal we had was some of the BEST FOOD (if not THE best) that we've ever had in all of our trips to India-- and Indian is our favorite type of food and we've eaten A LOT of it! Just one last example of how incredibly helpful they are-- while we were there we missed our train from Delhi to Varanasi. The manager spent HOURS looking into flights and checking up with travel agencies to compare the cost of flying or driving there, and when it looked like it wouldn't be possible to reach Varanasi, he worked for even more time to see what our other options might be (to travel to Jaipur, etc.). This was so above and beyond what we would usually expect from a hotel in that sort of situation! I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO WELL BY ANY HOTEL IN THE WORLD-- including the extremely pricey, luxurious hotels we've stayed in. We plan on making many more trips to Delhi and WE WILL NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE.
"What a find in OLD DELHI..!!"
03/30/15 ricoman1 Chehalis, Washington
OK...first time to Delhi and needed a room for 4 nights since we arrived early to explore before out "guided" trip was set to leave.This hotel was PERFECT for what we wanted..right in the Heart of Old Delhi and a fraction of the cost of the 4-5 ** places in New Delhi...and a short $1-2 Tuk-Tuk ride brought us to places in New Delhi we wanted to see also.We did read the reviews very carefully before deciding on this hotel,and have to laugh at some of the neg. reviews....."Cant find it down the ally"...HAHA...get real and open your eyes....you can see the neon sign as you approch from a mile away! "driver didnt show"... well ours did for our MIDNIGHT arrival...right on time.Staff was wonderful and after 4 days we were family. To those of you who who said they didnt have a kitchen to cook..again,open your eyes,the kitchen is on the rooftop and we talked with cooks and staff there every morning for breakfast.YES...some items they call out for,but who cares..it was fast and good food!! Yes...dinning room is just a windowless room...we chose the rooftop instead..and to all the complainers,you really missed out....OK..sure its just a plastic table with plastic chairs...remember people this isnt a 5 ** hotel.....Our waiter meet us every morning with a clean table cloth to take our order....we got to talk with all the staff who usually hanged out up there and even chatted with some kids on next roof who would be there flying kites....AND the view is amazing..!!! You can almost touch the Red Fort..!!! As far as being down an ally..that was part of the charm...we came and went at ALL hours of the day and NIGHT and never had a problem and were meet with a smiling doorman to let us in. Now for the rooms....at $28 per night with airport pick-up and breakfast included this is a steal over the $100+ "fancy" places..CLEAN-Basic-Air conditioned..everything we needed.As I said,we were waiting for our "guided" trip to start which included 5 different 4 *** hotels...Out of the 5 hotels,three of them were terrible..!! The air quality was terrible due to moldy and smelly air ducts...in fact one place we made them move us 3 times and still couldnt breath when Air was on...NOT so in Tara...they have ductless air/heaters and rooms DID NOT SMELL...in fact as we sat in our 4 *** hotels all we kept saying was,"Wish we were back at the Tara"...and could only remember having a drink at night on the rooftop in our plastic chairs enjoying the beautiful viewmrather than sitting in some stuffy over-priced 4-5** lounge. GREAT JOB TARA..!!!!!!
"Great hotel that surpassed my expectations."
03/04/15 JeromeBK Shanghai
I've stayed in Delhi before, but this time I wanted to try somewhere in Old Delhi with my girlfriend. Hotel Tara Palace is one of only few choices in Old Delhi, but despite that it was actually one of the best of the similarly priced hotels I've stayed at in India. Its mid-range for Delhi, so there are cheaper options to be found in New Delhi, especially close to the train station. But its worth it. We had room 315, a super deluxe room I think and worth the few extra rupees over the windowless standard/deluxe rooms. I would second all the other room tips that recommend one of these rooms on the third floor facing the red fort. The room was comfy, had heating-a/c, great bathroom facilities and was easily one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at it India. Absolutely spotless. The balcony faced over to the red fort, and although it wasn't an unbroken view was still a great feature at the price we paid. The service was fantastic. They had superb english and were quick to respond, even by email, and in a friendly manner. All the staff we met were well trained and had a smile:) Room service responded immediately. Breakfast had more options than I'm used to and it was tasty. They organised our airport pickup and dropoff and it was fairly priced (free pickup and 600rps dropoff). Its a fun surrounding area, market stalls everywhere and a lot of life at all times of day. Its a comfortable and safe base to explore Old Delhi on foot and all the sites are very close. The metro is just around the corner and its actually a much more convenient metro line than some of the other hotel areas in Delhi. Highly recommended!
"Culture shock anyone?"
01/25/15 John A Melbourne, Australia
Flying direct from Melbourne I wanted a hotel in Old Delhi that would be totally different from normal, but not too total. Tara Palace lived up to all expectations. The area (as described in other reviews) is a bit scary but the hotel itself is a surprisingly civilised oasis in the Chandni Chowk area. How it got to be there must be a story but I don't know it. Pickup from the airport worked perfectly. The room was fine, with working air-con and wi-fi. The hotel restaurant was adequate (non-veg). The roof area was not exactly a roof garden but the view over Old Delhi was memorable. I would stay there again!