All hotels in Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5630 West Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA, 18104, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

• Value
    Clean
    Bad pool
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Dont stay for the free breakfast!"
When i checked into my room it took 4 times to get my key to worrk in the room door. Other then the SUPER bright light out of my window the room was nice. Breakfast was not good!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you Craig for your review. It's the one's like yours that we can go back and do a sincere quality check. We hope to see soon !
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Craig
"Nice Hotel great friendly staff"
everything is great except the indoor pool was extremely disappointing and looked like a kiddie pool ......staff was quite nice! room super clean
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you took great emphasis on our staff as they try to provide stellar guest services on a daily basis! Hope to see you again!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Li
Perfect hotel for family vacations the breakfast included make you feel at home.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you very much for the kinds words and for your honesty. It was a delight having you at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West. We look forward to seeing you sometime in the future!
7 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Very clean!"
No complain! It was very clean, all the staff were very friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Few things - Overall great stay - HOWEVER, I left something behind in the hotel room and it seems no one can find it - My fault for leaving it, guess I was just hopeful someone would turn it in. Also, its an indoor pool, but not heated...VERY cold - Other then those two minor issues, everything else great - I would stay here again
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We worked extremely hard to locate the belongings and I am pleased to here you will be back with us! See you soon my friend.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great night, great price!"
It was an above average stay. We enjoyed the room, the cleanliness and the breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We strive on a daily basis to accommodate our guests the fullest and it is a pleasure to hear that this was the case. We look forward to having you again.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Nice Hotel, breakfast not as good..."
Clean hotel, friendly staff, had a prepackages muffin with mold. coffee didnt taste well. over all ok
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
We apologize about any incident that occurred regarding the Prepackaged muffins. Our management and staff have looked into this and proper measures have been taken. We thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review and look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Great hotel in Allentown."
The hotel is new. Room was very clean and comfortable. The shower was awesome.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future my friend.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Excellent
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again!
2 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
"Nice room, nice amenities, Too Noisy!"
Great Room, but choose the side not facing the Highway. Too Noisy!
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Thank you dearly for your review of our Holiday Inn Express ! We hope to see you soon !
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
No complaints about room, building, or cleanliness. The breakfast was also good. However, the person checking me in was very rude and annoyed.
A
"just adequate"
The room was adequate, clean, but noisy since it was right near a busy road. The heater fan did drown out a lot of the noise. Breakfast was a disappointment. The food was mediocre, pretty tasteless, and the pancake machine wasn't working.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Judith as
"Try this one!"
The remodeled hotel was very nice! It was clean, comfortable and quiet! Breakfast was great! Outstanding service!
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
The street is right outside your room. Lots of traffic that never stops. We use a white noise app of a stream running and that blocks out most of the street noise.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Saturday night"
Front deck staff very helpful
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
The stay was very wonderful
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
ROGENA
Very clean and nice hotel, jetted tub suites are very recommended
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
manny
"Pleasure Stay"
My stay was for pleasure and enjoyable
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Kathleen
"Nice enough"
The lobby was very nice, and the room was nice too (the high ceilings were an unexpected nice touch). The only problems we had were that the tub did not drain well, and every time we left the room we had to get our key re-set. The property was long and narrow making it very close to the highway, and the parking a bit inconvenient; neither of which would cause me to not stay there. Overall it was fine.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Debbie
Very happy with what we got for the price we paid! Everything was very clean, especially the bathroom. Very big bathroom too and it appeared to be newly finished. We would definitely recommend it to anyone. Breakfast was good--standard continental. They had a cool pancake maker that my kids loved. We were glad the yogurts offered weren't sugar free and full of aspartame like what's offered at most other continental breakfasts!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Just A Marginal Hotel Stay"
Everything was just OK.
1 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2014
"Mid change over"
This hotel was being turned into a Holiday Inn Express two days after I stayed here and signs were going up. The room itself was large and comfortable. Breakfast included cereal and hot foods. The internet was a little sketchy, but I was made aware of that during check-in. Across the street is a truck stop and the neighborhood is probably not the best, but 15 min away is a great mall with lots of restaurants. It was fine for a one night stay.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Ingerid
"Runner's World Half Marathon"
We wanted to stay within 15 - 20 minutes of the event and the hotel was in a good location for easy access to Bethlehem, PA.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Easy location for those traveling"
Room had not been vacuumed. Bathroom seemed clean. Room was basically very comfortable with good amenities - refrig, microwave, safe.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Janice
"Change-over to Holiday Inn going well"
Upgrades are nice. Large rooms, very comfrtable. Room was hot, took a while to cool down. Older type of wall AC so the drapes cover the vents or get blown around. Under construction when we arrived, clean though. Switching to a Holiday Inn
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Blair
"Very nice unit, clean and roomy."
Only issue we have with this unit was it is under renovations and there were workers everywhere. Public restroom in the lobby area was closed due to renovations.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Horrible........ my guest checked out."
Honestly this was a rip off. My guest came in from Atlanta. Booking the reservation was easy the rep was very helpful, now here comes the problem, arrive to the hotel with my guest, and I couldn't believe my eyes mattresses all over the place, the foyer was duty, I mean duty, then the person behind the desk nothing but rude, rude, rude..... pls people if you don't wish to work then don't, however, don't take your laziness out on the guest. I promise you this I will never ever recommend anyone to stay there again, when you see best western suites, Allentown, RUN TO THE HILLS seriously. Do better. Then you don't want to give me a refund are you kidding me. I'm doing a letter to the head office, you better know that. Screaming. RIP OFF
3 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Cynthia
"Remodeling"
Can not use stairs stuff every where very noisy no whirlpool pool not heated
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"awesome"
HUGE room. Booked room via trivago (ended up being room 202) for wife & I. We were surprised @ the size of the room. 1 queen bed, 1 king size bed, the other room had a queen pull out sleeper.It was enormous. 2 flat screen tvs, full size fridge, coffee maker, microwave, dining area Hotel is central to everything, quick access to highways. 1 1/4hrs from northern nj would definitely stay there again
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Tungsten
There was no mention that the hotel was in remodeling stage.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"My Hotel Stay"
In booking this hotel, I had no idea it was being renovated. I learned at checkout that it was becoming a Holiday Inn Express. The room itself was clean and for the most part fine, but I did not like the light sensors that turn the lights on when there was movement. Lights turned on in the bathroom when nobody was in it. Lights turned on near the door when I went to the bathroom at night. This might be a nice feature when it is an individual staying in the room, but it isn't good when more than one person is staying in the room. There should be a way to disable these sensors if the patron prefers to turn on the light manually. There was a breakfast provided in the morning, but even that fell a bit short with options and wasn't in the normal room because of the renovations. Unfortunately the night we stayed there was some loud base thumping from music. This was occurring from roughly 12:30 am until shortly after 2 am. I don't know if this was occurring in another room OR if there was an event in the hotel below us OR even if it was occurring outside, but it made it difficult to sleep.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Unsatisfied"
I booked the room only for jeted tub but that tub was broken and they didn't say it on online.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Money Hungry"
Late night arrival, arrived at 450am didnt get checked into room until 530 because the front door was locked, and person at the front desk could not be contacted because the intercom did not work. Wouldnt give a later checkout without a fee, loud drilling started in the next room at 9am. But I was already half awake because they come to my door at 8am to remind me I needed to be out of the hotel or they would charge more since we paid 20$ extra for a late check out. Wouldnt give them my buisness ever again
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
The room was clean and nice but when I arrive at 7pm in the evening no one was there and I had to wait at the front desk for over 5 minutes. The person who checked me in was not friendly or apologetic. Breakfast was decent.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Very comfortable, the hotel is under construction - the first floor is done and looks amazing:)
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Acceptable lodging"
Average hotel, good service? Breakfast and fitness facility lacking. Clean room but construction in progress. Some noise at night from highway (window open).
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Wslt
"Business"
The staff was courteous and the rooms were neatly kept. Breakfast was added a great value.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Angel
"Good hotel for a family vacation"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and loved our room- a nice, clean suite with a King bed. Breakfast was adequate. The hotel was about 35 min from our destination - Jim Thorpe, PA. The location does not have any good restaurants or pizza places in immediate proximity...the pizza we ordered (Slice of Italy) was easily the worst pizza we have ever had! There are several good restaurants 15-20 min away. Most of the guests were families with children...I guess the nice pool is a big draw. Overall, we had a pleasant 2-night stay.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Ab
We had to change the rooms 3 times - going back and forth to front desk to find a room that has reasonable beds; their service management team member 'Amy' helped a lot to show around all available rooms that has beds that are not sagging. All these mattresses are very old and looks like long past due for replacement. People drinking alcoholic beverages on the pool at night and party made it unavailable for kids to share the pool. Also their elevator is very old and had bad smell; otherwise someone can live with other minor things. I must mention that their bathrooms are clean, new and fantastic - flip of the coin on that part.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Khaled
"Typical cheap stinky chain hotel"
Tiny, crowded pool with strong chlorine. Breakfast was also really crowded. We were there Labor Day weekend, so I imagine the hotel was fully booked.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
spaetz
"nice hotel close to a shopping center& Dorney park"
I drove there with my family they love it and easy to find
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
malou
"Nice hotel close to dorney park"
Nice hotel, clean and affordable, will most likely come back on our next trip to dorney park, not to far from the casino as well which we very much enjoyed, diner across the street was great as well, free breakfast could of been better tho, overall was a great time tho and would most deff recommend to someone who is going to dorney park also
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Matteo
"Enjoyable"
Enjoyed my short stay. Each time I stay they do change where the 24-hr coffee amenities are placed, but not a problem.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Close to Dorney Park."
Hotel was close to Dorney Park (about 5 minutes away). Rooms were clean! The free breakfast was nice, the kids loved the pancake machine, cheese omelets and sausage. The indoor pool was smaller then we expected but still nice.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Marie
"It will do"
The pool size at the hotel is not what you see on the internet. The hotel served its purpose.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Teresa
"Very clean and comfortable"
We were very happy with our stay and would definitely return. The pool was the only disappointment, it was closed for some reason during the only time we could have used it, and was small, but otherwise the hotel was excellent.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Elaine
"The hotel was great, breakfast was good"
Hotel stay was a good stay. The staff was helpful and nice. Nice room and breakfast was great. Housekeeping didn't straightenup to good but that was our only comcomplaint
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Convenient"
Room smelled like old cigarette smoke (I know the hotel is smoke free, but someone isn't heeding the rules). Think that free breakfast offerings could be better for the room prices - not pre-prepared eggs, etc. The staff were pleasant and eager to help.
"Great Experience, wonderful staff"
The hotel was close to Dorney park, only a 5 minute drive. We were able to go back to the hotel rest,eat and go back. All the staff was nice and helpful.
"Dorney park visit..july 30,2014"
Before booking I read the review about renovations, I figured they may be nice rooms. I had a double on first floor, the room was very dark with very high ceilings, look like a dungen,lights were dim and the mattresses were so woren out that you could see body prints n the bed,Awful. It was sagging n the middle.The bathroom looked like it had a little renovation done. The tub drained VERY slow.Breakfast was ok. I am not a complainer and don't normally write a review,but I was not satisfied with this hotel.Stayed one night that was enough.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014