All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5200 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Love the reception staff!"
Super comfy bed! Amazingly helpful staff!! Close to airport.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great Place to Stay"
The place was very clean and accommodating. I was very impressed.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Bradley
"Good Hotel!"
Good hotel! Pool area was nice and the fitness center was really nice. We did have an issue with the mini fridge not working when we arrived but they replaced it immediately for us! Very helpful! We are definitely willing to stay there again!
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"UNDERSTAFFED"
The Front desk staff was light. They had to replace laundry after hours. I never got my large towels. My iron was leaking water. They never got back to me about another iron. The breakfast was very nice. We drove to Grand Rapids, Michigan. We left at 4:00am. We had to wait for the desk clerk that was delivering bills!?
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
SANDRA
Nice hotel, The staff was very helpful!
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
james
"Over priced, paper thin walls."
Paper thin walls. People in the room next to ours turned their shower on and it sounded like a freight train was coming through. Won't stay at Hampton Inns again over priced. Employees were excellent however.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Don
"Would visit again!"
Great area, lots of shopping and close to the highway. Breakfast was nice and the staff was very friendly. Room was very large and clean.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great stay with the kids! Our kids slept on the pull out couch and they were very comfortable. Was just as good as having a suite.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Kristy
"Close to interstate and airport"
Pros-clean room and hotel, soft towels/linens, excellent continental breakfast as far as quantity and quality of selection, great pool and work-out area, friendly & helpful staff. The cons and the reason I gave "4" rating is the hotel was difficult to find. It is not obvious from the road nor did I see a sign for it from the road. It is tucked up on a hill behind a Target store. When I booked the room there were no doubles and I was forced to reserve a king suite with a hide-a-bed sofa. My adult 6ft 5in son slept on the king. The sofa bed was most uncomfortable!!! I would not stay here again given the same circumstances but otherwise I would definitely stay here again.
Thank you for your review!
"Good hotel, poor signage"
Finding the hotel the first day was awful! The signs were so small that they were practically not there! The road runs through a busy shopping area, where the roads change from straight lanes to turn lanes very quickly. Better signage would do wonders.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Rebecca
"Big Clean Rooms"
The rooms were very big and the facilities were very clean. The breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts and had a wide variety of fresh food as well.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ronnie
"Hampton"
Nice, clean comfortable stay. Would visit there again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Very nice an clean hotel my family loved it."
My kids had a blast in the pool area while i was in the Jacuzzi.The beds sleep great i would love one for home. They had the best breakfast yet out of all the hotel i been to.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Tanesha
"The best bed"
The best bed
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
"Very nice"
We were in GR for the weekend for a cheerleading competition. I booked the 2 queen room, having been told that it sleeps 5. Once we arrived to the room and saw that there would be no room to both walk and have the roll away bed so we called the front desk and were immediately moved to the king/sofa bed room which was much roomier for the roll away. Very clean. Very comfortable. Very nice neighborhood with a good variety of restaurants very close. Will be staying again in July when we are back in Grand Rapids.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Andrea
"one night for 7 am flight the next day"
great breakfast and shuttle to airport regular driver was sick so hotel arranged a cab for us at no cost to us
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
earl
"Nice place!"
Stayed in town due to weather. First time here and will definitely stay here again. Room was very warm when I arrived and very cold by the time I left. Hard to regulate temp. Otherwise great!
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Clean, comfortable hotel"
We stayed for 3 days and did not leave the room each day until 11 or 12. So our room was not cleaned during our stay. We did not complain because we chose to not leave the room early in the morning when the rooms were being cleaned. However, other hotels come back and check in the afternoon when a room doesn't get cleaned in the morning. Our impression was the hotel was short staffed.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Park and go.."
Excellent service. Close to the airport. Very nice accommodations..
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice clean average hotel."
Nice average hotel, good location next to freeway.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Nance
"Not best Hampton experience but still a good chain"
I like to stay at Hampton Inn b/c they are consistent and generally good. This is the lowest I have ever rated one. First problem was airport shuttle. I arrived about 9 pm and was told they contract with a taxi service and would make my reservation (and pay for it). It's not directly their fault, but taxi company reflected very poorly on Hampton image. They put me in first cab but no driver. Waited, waited, the dispatcher on site called him, etc. Finally after 5 minutes called a second cab up for me. That driver literally would not unlock his doors to let me in because against rules to go before the cab in front of him. The dispatcher and he yelled at each other while I stood there. Went back to first cab, driver finally showed. All in all, I waited 15 minutes at a totally dead airport while they yelled at each other. Just not a good association with my Hampton experience. Then MINOR gripe: my hairdryer only worked on low. I realize that is minor but at end of long day and already frustrating taxi experience, it frustrated me. So, will I stay at a Hampton again? Absolutely. This one? Not sure what other options around are.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"All good but cold shower"
All was perfrct until I had to take a shower. Water was COLD!!!!!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
cak
"Nice hotel."
Staff was welcoming. The hotel is a nice to place to stay. It is close to everything you would need.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Love it cant wait to come back this summer
Great, thank you!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Sonya
"wedding"
Very nice, clean hotel and the room was big. Pool was warm and Hot tub was hot. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Worth the price."
Nice place, great value
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Jonthan
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only difficulty was poor signage for locating it...a little confusing since it's back off the road behind a shopping center.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
I always like Hampton inn, their well trained staffs are very helpful. Rooms are clean and comfy.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Jane
"weekend wedding"
room clean and comfortable the area was nice had a great stay.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
jesse
We left behind a couple of sweaters which housekeeping found and turned into the front desk. We were promptly called and were able to get our things back.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Clean, very nice staff, and comfortable room. Very pleased with the service.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Better than expected~"
I loved the high ceilings and clean room. The toiletries were great quality and the staff were very friendly. Only things I would have wanted was a fridge in the room for my two night stay and more fresh fruit, other wise a great location and pleasant stay!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Excellent service!
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Hotel staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. Can't beat a free breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Nice, clean, and quiet"
We stayed one night and it was perfectly fine. Clean, quiet, staff friendly. Good free breakfast. Not crowded. The road from 28th street, through a couple retail stores, was ok, too, because the hotel was way off of the Main Street and noise. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"business"
Everything was great staff was very helpful I am curious as to why new hotels are designed without an exhaust fan in the bathroom. It can be an issue with women and it is a nice convenience to not have fogged mirrors after a shower. Little things like this make you stand out from your competition. Can anyone answer me please. The small cost would be worth the customer satisfaction
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
fred garnes
"Excellent Overnight Stay"
We stayed at this hotel while having a vacation at Holland, Michigan. We got there at night and had a slight challange following our iphone direction to the hotel. Despite a couple baseball teams staying at the hotel and we only got a room at the first floor (which we normally don't do), the hotel remains quiet and good for rest. The breakfast is nice qulity and we found out the nex the Costco is just right around the corner, which is a sign of nice neightbood. And not too far I got my Starbuck. Excellent stay and will come back again if we are in town.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"a not-so-helpful staff"
The room was very clean and comfortable. My issue does not lie with that at all. I was more disappointed with the front desk service. When I arrived, I could hear women talking casually in a back room and no one was there to greet me right away. Even though they knew I was there, they took their time coming out to see what I needed at the counter. The woman who helped me did not smile or speak in a friendly tone. She sounded more like I was wasting her time checking in to my room. I was asked to give my card and sign a waiver for incidental purposes but was not told about the $20 and $30 charges that would appear on my account. When I called again about those, the person on the phone sounded annoyed and told me they were for incidental purposes but didn't tell me when they would be taken off my account. They are still there (3 days after my stay). I hope other people get a better experience from the front desk than I did.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
This is one of the cleanest and friendliest Hamptons I have stayed in. I travel in Indiana and Michigan and this one was the best.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
The stay was very nice there's only one small complaint I have and that is the way the television was mounted on the wall we couldn't watch the television on the bed and the pull out sofa both. other then that everything was wonderful.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Home away from home."
We usually stay at a Hampton or Hilton but this particular Hampton stay was the best yet. Our suite at the end of the hall was perfect for our family of 5. The kids loved the pool and there was a very nice golf course 10 mins away. 2ins from downtown Grand Rapids and 5 mins from Gerald Ford Airport. The Main Street (28th), was loaded with a variety of shopping experiences. From the manger to the grounds maintenance everyone who worked there was very pleasant and hospitable. We would highly recommend stay there whenever you're in the area.
5 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Michael & Lenili
"not satisfied guest"
Like some of the other reviews posted, when I arrived there was a sign at the front desk that they were away and would be back shortly...seriously. This was between 4pm-5pm so not really sure whats going on here. After a few minutes, I was greeted, however, my Hotels.com could not be found, so I provided my printed copy for reference. They could not find it, and said this has been happening recently, and I should call to have it researched....seriously. I let the front desk girl know that I i travel frequently and always book with Hotels.com, and they should call, or know what to do, In any case they did have a room, which I found out the next morning they billed me for, since you have to provide identification, and a credit card during check-in. So, I asked the front desk the next morning about the charge and asked to speak with the GM, who was not available. Before I left for the airport, the young man behind the desk told me it had all been straightened out and provided me with a new credit statement showing the charge had been removed. However, after arriving at home I noticed the credit was less than the charge for the room. Must say I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN EVER. I invite Hampton Inn and Suites to do the right thing, since they do have a satisfaction guarantee. We will see if they contact me, as they do have my name and number on file.......
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
Joe C
"Exceeded Expectation"
I was a little worried when my sister suggested this hotel, based on the reviews. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay at his Hampton Inn and Suites The staff was professional, and helpful. It was clean, the breakfast was fresh and it was convenient to the venue. I will definitely consider staying here again, and highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Ms. J
Was great thinking a fridge in room would of been nice though
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the 4 star review. we are working on resolving that issue so that all rooms have mini fridges and microwaves.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
nettie
Courteous staff. Neat & clean. Quiet area. Breakfast very good.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
We appreciate the 5 star review and are happy to hear you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast. . Hope to you see you the next time you are in the area!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"Quiet location, Average stay for a Hampton."
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful when summoned to my room twice for first hooking back up the cable wire and second fixing the sensor on the tv for the remote. Room was passable in terms of cleanliness. The Directv with all of its channels plus HBO was a nice plus. Breakfast was a little on the light side with the food offerings and nothing was replenished. It's located in the middle of a retail area but off the beaten path which lends to a good place for a quiet night's sleep.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the 4 star review. We do apologize that the breakfast bar was not replenished properly and assure you we are working to make sure no other guest has this same issue. Hope to you see you the next time you are in the area!
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
"Near the airport"
we needed to be at the airport earlier than their shuttle started, so they arranged and paid for a taxi. It is a little hard to find - Turn onto Hotel Avenue - toward Target and watch for small hotel signs on your left as you approach Target - you will wind around to the left of the Target shopping area.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the 5 star review and are happy to hear that we were able to get you to your flight on time. We do apologize about our signage and assure you we are working on getting better signage. Hope to you see you the next time you are in the area!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Judy
"Comfortable, Clean, & Friendly"
I was only there for a night but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The employee who checked me in was polite & courteous & asked me how my room was when I passed her in the hallway soon after arriving. The room was clean & very well put together & I really loved just being in there. I will certainly think of staying at this hotel again if the opportunity arises!
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the 5 star review and we are very glad that you loved the room. We cant wait to have at our property again.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Fine hotel with mediocre service"
Hotel was nice and the room was clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk were not as helpful as I would expect. Some of the front desk staff were friendly but one guy was not very friendly. When we asked them about getting a cab they called a car service which was quite a bit more expensive than a cab ride, among other things.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for your review on our establishment. We are pleased to head that your stay was comfortable and your room was clean. I do apologize our staff was not as helpful, I assure you I will have a talk with all of the front desk staff to ensure that does not happen again. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in the area.
1 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2014
"Family visit."
Everything was top notch. For what we paid, I would have expected a refrigerator and microwave.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We do have Suites that have microwaves and refrigerators in them. Hopefully you will come stay with us again and we are able to book you into a Suite.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014