All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5200 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

Great pool
    Quite clean
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
"Excellent."
Very quiet place nice to stay I like it.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Ramon
"Saved from power outage"
We were out of power on Christmas Eve so we needed a place to stay until it came back on.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
Need newer deluxe comfort style mattresses
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Everything was great, however the bed was a little too soft. It didn't seem to have the best mattress.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Only two complaints about our stay was the side entrance door would not work for our keys but worked for other residents. The curtains in the rooms let in every bit of light possible and does not have the option of the closing the darker out curtain. Needless to say there is no sleeping in. The staff was nice and friendly and had to problem moving us off of the first floor per our request. Will be staying again possibly.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"A smile can go a long way"
the person at the front desk was a little dry. Maybe she was having a bad day.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you for sharing your comments!
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
LAURA
"Family get away"
The stay was great. Wish the pool temp was at the required 86 it was a lot colder then that and it wasn't circulating like it was supposed to. The hot tub was great temp. Very clean hotel and quit. A good variety of breakfast foods. Close to a lot of stores.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Grand Rapids Stay"
Our first stop on our vacation up to Traverse City and Mackinac Island. This is a very nice hotel in an area with a lot of restaurants and shops. Our GPS had a little trouble with the location but finally got there. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Grand haven"
It was a great place to sleep and the pool area was great. The morning breakfast was great with eggs waffles and sausage. The fruit and yogurt was great for my wife. Definitely would stay again.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Great, thank you! We hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Nice Stay"
The room was very nice. Bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was excellent with a large variety of food. The staff was friendly too. The only complaint I would have is the pool was too cold.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Candy
"Bad service Hotels.com"
Hotel was fine but your service is terrible. I booked a room with 2 beds and got a king bed for 3 adults. My confirmation said a room with 2 beds but you booked a room with a king bed and failed to notify me. Extremely unprofessional!!!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Matthew
"excellent"
We had enjoyable stay
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Great to hear, thank you!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Amanullah
"2 night stay in a very nice hotel!"
My stay in the Hampton was a pleasant experience.. I was in town to have Lasik surgery and the Hampton accommodated my needs very adequately. The room was very clean, and there was little to no noise both during the day and night hours. The location was close to everything anyone would need (restaurants, stores, malls, expressways, etc., and the office I had Lasik surgery). They're also tucked back into a very quiet place just a minute or two off of 28th street so you get the quiet "country" like feel. I would gladly stay in this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.
Response by Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th Street
Thank you very much! And we hope all goes well with your recovery.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Clean and peaceful hotel"
Stayed one night but wished we could stay a few more days. Room was clean and spacious and the hot breakfast was good.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Very quiet relaxing hotel."
The hotel was a great place to stay. They have a later than usual checkout time of noon. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the staff was slow to respond to refilling the buffet at breakfast.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
melissa
"Quick Pit-Stop"
This Hanpton was great as an overnight stay for my family. We found the area to be convenient for shopping (Target) and going out to eat. Everything was practically in walking distance. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Miss Straughter
"Love the reception staff!"
Super comfy bed! Amazingly helpful staff!! Close to airport.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great Place to Stay"
The place was very clean and accommodating. I was very impressed.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
Bradley
"Hotel is good, staff not so good"
We have stayed in almost 10 different Hamptons and this is by far the worst, specially when it comes to staff, there a couple of friendly guys in the dinning area, but the people at the reception is not the best. overall the hotel meets the standards but I would try a different hotel next time.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Alfredo
An on-site facility for doing laundry would be nice. We were in town for a soccer camp and had to go to the hotel next door to do laundry for the next day's camp as they required that participants were the uniforms that were provided on Day 1.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Good Hotel!"
Good hotel! Pool area was nice and the fitness center was really nice. We did have an issue with the mini fridge not working when we arrived but they replaced it immediately for us! Very helpful! We are definitely willing to stay there again!
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Expected more for the price"
Awful staff, hotel is OK. Average rooms. i expected better value for the price.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Couple+3yr boy
"UNDERSTAFFED"
The Front desk staff was light. They had to replace laundry after hours. I never got my large towels. My iron was leaking water. They never got back to me about another iron. The breakfast was very nice. We drove to Grand Rapids, Michigan. We left at 4:00am. We had to wait for the desk clerk that was delivering bills!?
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
SANDRA
Nice hotel, The staff was very helpful!
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
james
"Over priced, paper thin walls."
Paper thin walls. People in the room next to ours turned their shower on and it sounded like a freight train was coming through. Won't stay at Hampton Inns again over priced. Employees were excellent however.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Don
My only complaint is that I was looking forward to the baked cookies, only to be told that they are available Mondays thru Thursdays only :(
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great room - close to airport and shopping."
really great room. very clean. spacious room - very satisfied and pleasantly surprised! Great value. Breakfast needs to be tweaked - when asked for peanut butter was told there wasn't any; and then she put peanut butter out after we were finished eating. Would prefer a better quality yogurt - and prefer milk in individual cartons. No packaged jams, just a bowl of icky looking grape jam that I would not eat.... No bananas or oranges.....but, there were apples. I think the breakfast staff was crabby and wasn't on par keeping up the buffet. If it weren't for the breakfast - this hotel deserves a 10 - Excellent ratings. Loved the hotel.....
Other trip May 10, 2015
Patti
"Nice hotel in good location."
I needed a hotel that was conveniently located for a family event that I had planned. This hotel was ideally located near interstate roadways, as well as being near to the venue for our event. The hotel room was very comfortable, with great amenities (Neutrogena products); the complimentary breakfast was good as always and the renovated lobby dining area offered adequate seating. I also appreciated the hotel's newly implemented Guest Policy. I have stayed in too many hotels where noise in the public areas, particularly in hallways, is tolerated and guests must simply put up with it. Kudos to the Hampton Inn for taking a proactive stance to ensure that all their guests have a pleasant stay!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
JP
"Would visit again!"
Great area, lots of shopping and close to the highway. Breakfast was nice and the staff was very friendly. Room was very large and clean.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great stay with the kids! Our kids slept on the pull out couch and they were very comfortable. Was just as good as having a suite.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Kristy
"Close to interstate and airport"
Pros-clean room and hotel, soft towels/linens, excellent continental breakfast as far as quantity and quality of selection, great pool and work-out area, friendly & helpful staff. The cons and the reason I gave "4" rating is the hotel was difficult to find. It is not obvious from the road nor did I see a sign for it from the road. It is tucked up on a hill behind a Target store. When I booked the room there were no doubles and I was forced to reserve a king suite with a hide-a-bed sofa. My adult 6ft 5in son slept on the king. The sofa bed was most uncomfortable!!! I would not stay here again given the same circumstances but otherwise I would definitely stay here again.
"Good hotel, poor signage"
Finding the hotel the first day was awful! The signs were so small that they were practically not there! The road runs through a busy shopping area, where the roads change from straight lanes to turn lanes very quickly. Better signage would do wonders.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Rebecca
"Big Clean Rooms"
The rooms were very big and the facilities were very clean. The breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts and had a wide variety of fresh food as well.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ronnie
"Hampton"
Nice, clean comfortable stay. Would visit there again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Very nice an clean hotel my family loved it."
My kids had a blast in the pool area while i was in the Jacuzzi.The beds sleep great i would love one for home. They had the best breakfast yet out of all the hotel i been to.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Tanesha
"The best bed"
The best bed
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
"Very nice"
We were in GR for the weekend for a cheerleading competition. I booked the 2 queen room, having been told that it sleeps 5. Once we arrived to the room and saw that there would be no room to both walk and have the roll away bed so we called the front desk and were immediately moved to the king/sofa bed room which was much roomier for the roll away. Very clean. Very comfortable. Very nice neighborhood with a good variety of restaurants very close. Will be staying again in July when we are back in Grand Rapids.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Andrea
"one night for 7 am flight the next day"
great breakfast and shuttle to airport regular driver was sick so hotel arranged a cab for us at no cost to us
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
earl
"Nice place!"
Stayed in town due to weather. First time here and will definitely stay here again. Room was very warm when I arrived and very cold by the time I left. Hard to regulate temp. Otherwise great!
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Clean, comfortable hotel"
We stayed for 3 days and did not leave the room each day until 11 or 12. So our room was not cleaned during our stay. We did not complain because we chose to not leave the room early in the morning when the rooms were being cleaned. However, other hotels come back and check in the afternoon when a room doesn't get cleaned in the morning. Our impression was the hotel was short staffed.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Park and go.."
Excellent service. Close to the airport. Very nice accommodations..
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Nice clean average hotel."
Nice average hotel, good location next to freeway.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Nance
"Not best Hampton experience but still a good chain"
I like to stay at Hampton Inn b/c they are consistent and generally good. This is the lowest I have ever rated one. First problem was airport shuttle. I arrived about 9 pm and was told they contract with a taxi service and would make my reservation (and pay for it). It's not directly their fault, but taxi company reflected very poorly on Hampton image. They put me in first cab but no driver. Waited, waited, the dispatcher on site called him, etc. Finally after 5 minutes called a second cab up for me. That driver literally would not unlock his doors to let me in because against rules to go before the cab in front of him. The dispatcher and he yelled at each other while I stood there. Went back to first cab, driver finally showed. All in all, I waited 15 minutes at a totally dead airport while they yelled at each other. Just not a good association with my Hampton experience. Then MINOR gripe: my hairdryer only worked on low. I realize that is minor but at end of long day and already frustrating taxi experience, it frustrated me. So, will I stay at a Hampton again? Absolutely. This one? Not sure what other options around are.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"All good but cold shower"
All was perfrct until I had to take a shower. Water was COLD!!!!!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
cak
"Nice hotel."
Staff was welcoming. The hotel is a nice to place to stay. It is close to everything you would need.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Love it cant wait to come back this summer
Great, thank you!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Sonya
"wedding"
Very nice, clean hotel and the room was big. Pool was warm and Hot tub was hot. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Worth the price."
Nice place, great value
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Jonthan
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only difficulty was poor signage for locating it...a little confusing since it's back off the road behind a shopping center.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
I always like Hampton inn, their well trained staffs are very helpful. Rooms are clean and comfy.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014