All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
"Amazing experience."
The Hyatt Zilara was outstanding. When preparing for the trip we went through many reviews and could not be happier with our final decision now that the trip is over. The service was fantastic, the facilities were in great shape, and the food was delicious. The only thing negative we have to stay about our stay was the tapas restaurant...it was much less impressive than the other food. The most impressive thing about our stay was the service. It was hard to really get a grip on how great the service would be before actually experiencing it. They truly pamper you, but in an awesome and non-intrusive way. It was something we had never really experienced before in any of our travels. Highly recommend this place.
5 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
Ruth
"Five star resort, food a little variable."
Service was the best I've had at any Caribbean resort. Cleanliness, convenience of service, attentiveness, responsiveness, friendliness across the board -- absolutely five star. Waiters, cleaners, room service, front desk, concierge, random staff - all great. Food variable: We had a sea bass dinner and a grouper dinner at Pelacanos our first night that were some of the finest meals we've ever had anywhere. Two days later at lunch there, we got some bland shrimp that was bad and made my wife sick. Another example of variability is fantastic capuccino and lattes at the café, but one time when my wife got tea, they just heated tap water (and you can really taste the tap water here -- best to avoid it altogether -- water bottles are offered to you wherever you turn around). Another restaurant, Spice, had a slight smell of a cleaning chemical used to kill varmints, roaches, etc. (... and I will say, despite all the open air bars/restaurants, I never once saw a bug!). Also there's food Mexicanization (adding strong spice & sweet to everything) such that flavor goes. I'd go back in a minute to this hotel. Remember they'll bring you what you want and if you don't like a dish, they'll go get you a different one. Even the beach waiter quickly learned I didn't like so much sugar in my cocktails and more real limes in it and he offered it that way to me thereafter saying he had learned that I liked my beach cocktails "sour" which is apparently something he has catered to before.
3 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
"Beautiful hotel"
Just returned from 5 day stay at this hotel and had a fantastic time. The hotel is beautiful! Loved that each room has an ocean view and balcony. The staff is very friendly and super accommodating. We would definitely come back. I would only suggest that they play some music in the lobby bar during the day and keep the entertainment going a little later at night.
Other trip Jan 17, 2016
Cgall07
"Amazing stay, beyond happy with service and food."
I am not sure where all the mediocre food and service reviews are coming from. Do these people expect the staff to chew their food and dress them? I understand this place is expensive and is an all-inclusive, but service can only be so good before it starts getting suffocating. I felt it was just the right amount of friendly and helpful. Every staff member was polite and drinks were made in good time. Even if a staff member did not speak English well, they were always quick to find another staff member to help you. Service and food were impeccable. Each restaurant was strong in its own way, I especially recommend getting anything with seafood at Pelicanos and reserving a hibachi seat at Asiana (although the Japanese flute player got a little annoying after a while, only negative for the entire meal). The room was amazing with probably one of the best showers I've ever had at a hotel. I also recommend using the sauna feature if your room comes with it.
3 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Jinyang
最高です。また、何回も私は訪れたい。天国にも登る気持ちでした。 グッド ご飯は美味しいし、青い海、美味しいお酒。こんな最高のホテルはありません。至れり尽くせりです。
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
normal
"Our best all-inclusive to date!"
The Cancun Hyatt Zilara was absolutely the best all-inclusive we've ever stayed at. Everything was top notch. The staff was so attentive and friendly. They make you feel like you are the most important person(s) in the resort. The restaurants and their menus were excellent and varied. You cannot leave hungry! Our room was on the 7th floor with an excellent ocean front view. The Gulf winds blew constantly, which was fortunate as the heat might have been too much. Mid-80's every day with varying skies (partly cloudy to no clouds). The pool was actually heated, which made it harder to get out of. There are plenty of choices around the pool and beach for sitting, sunning, or sleeping. We never felt overcrowded. We will be heading back to the Zilara next year.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"Great time! Would stay again!"
From the welcome champagne to the wide variety of dining options to the many pools and helpful, friendly service, the Hyatt Zilara was a great treat for us. They did a little something extra upon our arrival for our honeymoon, but that was only the beginning as they continued to make us feel special and taken care of our entire stay. It has a huge beach front and a great view of the lagoon too. Tons of places to hang out at the pool (be ready to get up early if you want a specific cabana or lounge) with the infinite view and the swim up bar. The phone system was a little hard to navigate at times, but once we got a hold of someone they were able to transfer us to the appropriate person. I appreciated them having some entertainment at night altho I have to say it didn't hold our attention enough to stay through the end. Lots of couples here, romantic opportunity to spend time with a significant other. If you're looking for a big party hotel; I don't think this would be a good fit, but there are some bars/clubs just a Taxi ride away for that. It was exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon. We had such a great time here and would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Dec 18, 2015
sarah
"Great All Inclusive Hotel For Our Honeymoon"
Hotel was excellent. Been to Cancun, Mexico four times now. Clearly this was the best hotel my wife and I have been too. We celebrated our honeymoon for this travel. The all inclusive was excellent. We took full participation with the five restaurants, all very good. My only exception was Spice. The staff was rude there. Even though it was a buffet style restaurant the cook gave me dirty looks and the waiter that was helping us was taking shots with another table . Other than that the service was perfect. Room service was good and house cleaning was great. They come to your room twice a day. Nightly entertainment was great. Plenty of long chairs for tanning, not sure why other comments said they were hard to get. The spa was excellent. Sergio who checked us in was able to comp us a free message for our honeymoon. I'm not going to lie was jealous to see all the different couples getting married. We will be definitely coming back to renew our vowels at this hotel. If your looking for all inclusive and not really leaving the hotel much. This is a perfect hotel
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
"We'll come back again"
The service was great!!
5 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Zhemin
"Great getaway spot!!"
This resort was simply amazing! When we arrived, the view of the hotel was truly breathtaking. As all the other reviews state, the staff are all extremely welcoming and pleasing. And they didn't laugh at our attempts to speak Spanish! If anything, they helped us practice and encouraged us to keep using it even when we were embarrassed of the mistakes we were making. Our room had a stunning view as well and was so clean our whole stay. We went to almost all of the restaurants in our short 3-day stay here. Pelicanos - Go for dinner! And believe it not, their truffle oil pasta is amazing. I didn't expect to come to Mexico and have pasta that I still can't stop thinking about. And even though they didn't serve pasta during lunch, our server went to the kitchen staff at Spice and asked if they could whip up something similar to it. Loved the dedication! Spice - We came here for the breakfast buffet every morning. The custom omelettes are fantastic! All of the waitstaff were friendly and awesome, but our favorite serve was Jesus. So attentive and friendly! Asiana - Skip the hibachi dinner. Just don't do it. Tapas Pintxos - Delicious cold and hot tapas! Regret not going here more. The cafe and bars on-site are all amazing! At the cafe, one of the baristas went out of his way to go get me a mojito. The staff at this hotel really know hospitality! We also loved Jorge, the activities coordinator! We loved our bike ride and guac class with him! Such a standup guy!
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Rebecca
"Not good experience as expected"
Let me tell you first what I hated the most. They tried to upsell everything. You can't have piece of mind in anything. Every moment, they want to upsell. After a red eye flight, we(me and my husband) were tired and we requested room as soon as we can get. They first said NO, not till 3 pm, we were like ok. If you by any chance room available before 3 pm, just let us know. They are like if you pay this upgrade to the next room level, then you can get room early. They constantly forced us to go into next level room. We already paid enough for our oceanfront room. We don't want next level room. In every freaking thing, they were trying to upsell, which was really really annoying. Because of their upselling things, over all we always doubt them. Let me tell you, I am not going to back to this resort again. They lost the customer. I paid $1400 for 3 night stay and now that is never going to happen again. They lost the customer, and if anyone is ready things review, I will ask you to reconsider going to this resort again. Of course I wouldn't say entire staff was bad or anything. But upselling in everything sucks. Even in restaurant, they wanted to upsell some wine. I once went to Sandals in Bahamas, and that was best experience. During the whole stay, I never felt they were trying to sell anything to us. They made us feel amazingly special. If there is Sandals in Cancun, I will stay there again.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
sejal
"Gorgeous Hotel w/ Private Beach"
We stayed at the Hyatt Zilara for one week and absolutely loved our stay. The resort is gorgeous, the staff is on point, the food was always delicious and drinks were always made to your liking using premium alcohol (not store brand stuff). This all inclusive resort is in a league of their own. You will not regret staying here! Only downfall we experienced throughout our stay was checking in and check out. Upon arrival, we were told the resort was over booked and our room was not available. This was disappointing as we booked our room in February for a vacation in November. We got the whole spiel about upgrading is usually $200 a night, but we can get it for $100, etc etc until the price was right. We ended up buying the upgrade since it didn't make sense to unpack for one night only to be moved the next night to the room we originally booked but even so, this was an added expense we didn't budget. Upon checking out, the bellhop was loading bags into the shuttle we were on and when I went to check, he confirmed out bags were on there already. Upon being dropped off at the airport, this was not the case and we almost missed our international flight. The resort rushed them in another vehicle but the panic attack it gave us before our flight was not worth it! All in all...I would recommend this resort though. It was incredible and the views of the ocean and hospitality of the staff never got old. You could tell they loved what they did.
Other trip Nov 18, 2015
"Sit back and relax"
First time visiting Cancun and I'm so glad we stayed at the Hyatt Zilara. The hotel was beautiful, the restaurants were great, staff was so helpful and courteous, and you truly want for nothing while you are there. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. We are thinking of making this a yearly trip now.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
Cori
It was absolutely amazing and the service was phenomenal!
5 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Kate
"Great staff in a luxury hotel"
The hotel and location was excellent but what made this such a wonderful trip was tha amazing staff. They make you feel like the most important guest at all times. I came with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary and she said she couldn't have been more pampered. That is exactly what I wanted for her. We'll be back it was our best trip ever!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"The best in Cancun"
Best Staff, Best Food, Best Beach, from the moment you check in everything is 100%. The rooms are spacious and all face the beach.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
AT
"All rooms are ocean front"
We arrived around 830am at the hotel. We were checked in and given an arm band right away for full use of the hotel and restaurants. Our room was ready by 930am which I was very pleased with. We flew in on a red eye flight and we were tired and ready to lay down. The room was beautiful and the view was spectacular!! the bed was very comfortable also.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Perfect getaway."
Staff and service was incredible. The room and hotel in general was spotless. Amazing location. Can not wait to visit again
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
"Excellent resort!"
We absolutely loved this resort! Rooms are very nice, resort is very clean, service was excellent, beach is clean. We do not have any complaints. We have been to cancun 3 times this year and this resort by far was the best.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Shannon
"Close to beach. Very nice hotel and staff."
Only issue we had was our room being so close to one of the restaurants. The smell was horrible. Other than that, a perfect place.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Beautiful hotel,great food and service"
Overall we had a great stay at hyatt zilara cancun...however,there were a few issues;the smoke detectors kept going off in multiple rooms including ours,for about half of our stay,at all hours of the day and night...the pool had garbage in it and looked like it had not been cleaned a couple days...and the continued pressure of up selling their services got annoying.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Amazing Stay"
The most comfortable stay. With great service from an attentive staff. Easy access to the city. Many amenities with live entertainment in the main hall every night.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
S n S
"I like the layout of the hotel"
Recently I was bumped from the hotel, even though I had a confirmed booking. They offered all sorts of incentives to vacate for 1 night, which I did. They honoured all there obligations.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Regular visitor
Amazing time at Hyatt Zilara! The staff was excellent and the rooms were nice and clean!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Great hotel but food was not great"
For being a Hyatt and we always stay with Hyatt food was not amazing as it usually is. Rooms are great service as well . But room service takes very long and when food arrives it is cold. At the restraints food isn't a 4 star hotel. Also I have never been in this situation before where you get charged for upgrades on food and rooms and other things. I felt attacked when we checked in to upgrade and purchase different things. I've stayed at different Hyatt all inclusive and never had this done. Over all staff and rooms are great !
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
alex
"Hyatt 2015"
We stayed in Sept. 2016. Staff and service was amazing. Food and drinks were great at all the restaurants. Beach was very dirty and we could not swim or walk on the beach. Pool was also dirty all 5 members of my family caught bacterial infection! The only Entertainment by the pool was volleyball... And the music selction sucked! I honestly would not go back to this hotel.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
laura
"Best Vacation Ever!"
As soon as we entered the lobby we were greeted with a cool towel to refresh ourselves as well as a drink of our choice. Staff was very professional and even offered us an upgrade which we refused. Upon entering our room I'm glad we didn't take the upgrade. We were on the second floor we an amazing view of the ocean. You could actually hear the waves gently hitting the beach. We also had a terrific view of the pool or should i say pools from our terrace that also included a hammock. The staff was most helpful and polite. They wanted to make our stay pleasant and relaxing which they did. The hotel also offered free WiFi and had two free computers available in the Game room so that I could check my email.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Brownie42
"Great staff!!"
Second visit to hotel (formerly The Royal). Great staff and service. Portfilio, Martin, Luis, Sergio and others just outstanding care and hustle! Housekeeping staff awesome! Love the attention everyone gives! Downside, Mattress needed replacing and AC stuck at 25C (Rm 532). Wristbands a nuisance at night cozying up with my bride.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Alex
"Nice hotel, great food!"
We have stayed at many all inclusives. This was one of the nicer ones but what really set it apart was the food. My brother-in-law is a chef so we often have trouble finding places that satisfy his sophisticated Paulette but this did it!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Liz
"Awesome hotel/resort"
Zilara exceeded our expectations in every way. Beautiful hotel and grounds with a full ocean view for every room. Hammock on the balcony was a nice touch. Spacious rooms with in room Jacuzzi and big upgraded showers. All of the restaurants were high end quality. Meals you would expect to pay $15 to $25 or more, even the buffet, but it was all included and all you wanted! We got our money's worth. Haha. Extras you expect to pay more for like the café/coffee shop, room service, mini bar, teppan grill, poolside cabanas, sports & activities.....were all included. Even the free nightly shows in the lobby were well done and entertaining. Every staff member we talked to was helpful and friendly and spoke English well. Hotel was quiet and peaceful but with plenty to do. We could have stayed there a week and never stepped off the property.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"perfect service & friendly staff"
I have a booking problem with 2 rooms I book with expedia the hotel helped me resolved the problem.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Germany
"Amazing hotel"
Amazing hotel we def will be returning. Many many amenities, very friendly and accomadatimg staff. Good food. Beautiful
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Nice place to vacation with family"
Food, staff, entertainment and atmosphere great adult only. Enjoyed visit more 2 time around would recommend and have recommend to others.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with great staff and amenities"
We stayed here for our anniversary and birthday and it was truly an amazing stay all around. Although this our first all inclusive resort experience we felt it was satisfactory and beyond in all respects. The staff was especially polite and Attentive to detail and the guests needs. The facilities in our oceanfront room were all in excellent working condition and thw view was spectacular. In fact this hotel has a lot of ocean facing rooms and an amazing beach front with direct access which is unbeatable. The resort had more than ample pool beach and spa option as well as 6 excellent on site restaurants. We recommend making reservations for the speciality restaurants ! Overall this resort exceeded our expectations and is worth paying a little more than the other larger resorts. Because it's for adults and smaller we feel the crowd was classy and perfect for romantic and also social activities. Highly recommend this place if it's your first all inclusive !
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
CyrilR
"Best hotel"
One of the best hotels I've stayed at. Verry impressed would definetly return to the same hotel again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Excellent hotel and staff"
My wife and I took an all-inclusive to Cancun the last week of August. First the positives: This hotel is well-managed and an incredible value. The food was very good, and the room was very clean. August in Cancun is hot and very humid. I have read other reviews about the air conditioning in the lobby being inadequate. Well, it's August, it's Mexico, and it's an open air lobby. The breeze blows thru from the beach, and that helps. The a/c in the room is fine. There is also a ceiling fan over the bed, making the room very comfortable. All of the restaurants with the exception of Pelicanos are adequately cooled. Pelicanos is an open air restaurant, but even that was pleasant, if you dress appropriately, and the food was great. Luis runs Pelicanos and he is a very detail oriented guy. Spice is a buffet and was great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Asiana is a great dinner experience as was Anna Maries. We really never had a bad meal anywhere on the property. Our room was on the 7th floor, and had a balcony - they all do - with two chairs and a table. I think the higher up your room is, the more premium you pay, but it is worth it because of the noise in the pool and at night in the hotel bar area. The king size bed was very comfortable, and the nightly turndown service was a nice addition. The negatives: The noise factor mainly due to loud music and millenials wanting to party all night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Great food, nice beach, comfortable rooms, can't complain at all. Hotel staff was always helpful and friendly especially the waiters at the restaurants. You could always find a bed in the beach. First time at this hotel and I will be coming back.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Just came back from a 5 day/4 night stay with girlfriends. Hotel is beautiful, staff are so kind and courteous, food was incredible, drinks were strong and tasty, shows at night were amazing. The room was clean and very comfortable. I'd go back in a heartbeat, but not in August - it was intensely hot and humid. One "downside" was that there are not enough air conditioned public spaces. The lobby is all open which made it hard to really enjoy it. This is only an issue in the very hot months.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Overall very nice all inclusive resort"
I have been to over 30 all inclusive resorts. This is one of the best all around resorts. It could have been in the top 3 if the food would have been better. By no means the food is bad but it is not 'up to snuff' with the rest of the facility. The wine selection is also incredibly limited but the liquors make up for it. Swim up suit is not connected nor near the bar.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
The only thing I could possibly complain about was I'm ised to having more variety in food the food was good but it gets repetitive since it's not many places to eat compared to other luxury inclusive hotel and entertainment could be better other then that every thing was perfection ;)
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
My stay at the Hyatt Zilara for eight nights in August 2015 was the best vacation experience. All staff members from bell hops, to waiters and maids were extremely accommodating and I must say they are very warm hearted people, who know how to treat the customer right! I would rate this hotel as a five star, since the food and entertainment was absolutely delightful and I definitely plan on going back next year!
sasha w
"Short stay, mostly satisfying."
I've now been to Hyatt Zilara for two years in a row, the first year was the best. The staff is very friendly and always wiling to help. The room my wife and I stayed in was an upgrade corner suite. The suite had an issue with the air conditioning, so maintenance was in the room for a few hours during the day, no big deal. Overall we enjoyed our second experience, but we did agree it was a downgrade from the first time.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Excellent Hotel, Staff, and fellow patrons"
The Hotel & Staff are very attentive, and always with a smile & heart salute. The restaurant's and bars are fantastic. the only bad comment I have is the "Magic Box", the in suite ordering of meals. Most of the food is not what we think it would be, the only one meal I loved was the beef and potatoes (excellent). The views of the ocean and beach are beautiful, the staff work hard to keep it primo !! The location is excellent, you can easily hop buses running every 5 minutes to go anywhere in Cancun for a $1.00. Enjoy the activities at the hotel or any of the outstanding tours available through agencies in the hotel. Been there last year, and would not consider any other hotel when we came this year. We will be back next year, and just might marry my fiancée of 3 years there next year. You can't go wrong, Tequilas and Mud-Slides, with a few beers !!! Waa Laaa !! Jim & Jan
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Great but I would expect nothing less for the price.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Hyatt Zilara aug 2015"
My family absolutely loved our stay here- the staff was so friendly, accommodating and so hard-working. We were beyond impressed with all aspects of this resort. Not a single complaint.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"The Best Vacation EVER!!!"
If you want a vacation that you don't come home feeling like you need a vacation, this is the place to go!! From the moment we arrived we felt nothing but relaxed and pampered.The facility is magnificent! The pool, cabanas, lounge chairs in the water, swim up bar, beach, restaurants, everything was perfect!!! The room was huge, the shower was amazing, the bed was soooo comfortable with several different pillow choices. There is a little door in the room for room service, and the balcony overlooking the beach even has a hammock!!! The restaurants were all wonderful too! Rafael and Ivan at the pool cleaned my sunglasses for me all the time and helped us set up the best lounge chairs and cabanas every morning! Julio, Frankie Boy, Guadeloupe, and so many others brought us drinks over and over, even when we didn't ask!! And they remembered exactly how we liked everything! Definitely make a reservation for the hibachi dinner, it was delish!!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Fun place! Great location on the beach, great pool and entertainment. We were met at the front with champagne on our arrival. We had a room on the 8th (top) floor so we could see everything but hear only the ocean (and our neighbors sometimes due to the thin door seperating our rooms). We were originally given a room on the 2nd floor but asked to be higher up. Great 24 hour bar/lounge area that served happy hour fare, which helped out when we didn't want to eat too much between meals but needed a little something. Nice evening entertainment in the lobby every night. Bring pesos with you, though, to tip. They won't give you small denominations because they "claim" they don't have anything smaller than 50s but our waiter had no problem getting smaller bills.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
LillianClark
"Gorgeous hotel on the beach"
Beautiful location on the beach with lagoon on the other side-can see sunrise and sunset. Truely breathtaking! The lack of central air in the lobby, halls and restaurants really did me in though and I couldn't go back to the same place. It was very hot while we were there and watching the shows was unbearable after a day in the sun. The ac in the rooms was more than powerful! There was a little bit of cool air in the restaurants but never below 80 degrees. The pool needed a little a/c too as it was hot by afternoon. The food was fresh and you could eat very healthy while there. They even had a small sushi menu at the Asian restaurant which my husband loved!! Again, the view was the draw to this hotel as there was nothing in the way of the absolutely amazing expanse of sea in front of you. The grounds were immaculately kept including the pool, rooms, common areas, etc. Our room was cleaned or tidied at least 2x day by the stealth cleaning ninjas. I do recommend getting up very early on the weekends to reserve a cabana or pool chairs by the pool. They were plentiful by the ocean. Luckily my husband likes to run before dawn. We met some new friends while at the pool and are planning our next vacation already. I also got to see turtles hatching and making their way to the water as well as turtle Moms coming in from the water to nest and bury eggs. That was a nature lovers dream come true!!!!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Suz
"Fantastic facility with top notch staff."
I give this resort my highest recommendation. I can't think of anything to be critical of. Truly an outstanding experience.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Kurt
We stayed 5 days for our honeymoon. It was really nice stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015