All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America

Comfortable
    Room is all right
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Nice but the gym is broken!"
EVERY single thing in the fitness room is broken. What the heek?
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Cheap!"
There are few options for state-rate hotels in Marin county.Because I had lived in an Extended Stay years back, I expected to have kitchen supplies in the kitchen, towels, coffee pot, flatware, dishes etc. Here ever item had to be requested at the desk. Reception and customer service were lacking. I was greeted by a person not looking at me but saying "I need your ID and credit card." I already had one in my hand but before I could get the second one out, he said again, "I need ID and credit card." It was difficult to not say "If you would look up at your customer, you would see that your second request was unnecessary and even rude."
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Bed Bugs"
Bed bugs. Nothing else to say. Manager would not credit as this was booked through 3rd party. Hotels.com called for credit but was refused. Needless to say I would not go back.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Extend A Stay America, San Rafael"
Large, clean room. Quiet. Staff helpful and very friendly. Nice alternative to expensive San Francisco hotels. Easy drive into SF. While this hotel is a bit shabby, for the price it is a fair deal.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Tourist
"Terrible"
Just completely terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible Horrible
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We continually work to improve our hotel, so thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Good place to stay in Marin"
This is a good hotel, no frills and at a very reasonable price. This is a self serve property for those who are staying in the area for a fair amount of time. All the normal facilities, quick breakast, fitness center, laundry are available. So far it has been a very good experience.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking time in giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad to read that our hotel and amenities met your needs. It is great to know that you appreciated our location and that you found us to be a great value. I am proud that our staff provided you with friendly service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"O.K. But nothing great"
No maid service. Heater doesn't shut off. Either freezing or frying.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Jack - Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. We regret any inconvenience you experienced and we assure you that we would very much like to retain you as a satisfied guest. We are very environmentally conscious and for this reason our Housekeeping services are optional. Our clients may receive daily service if they wish, for an additional fee, just by simply letting our front desk staff know at the time of check-in. Otherwise, we provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights. You may also exchange your linens for a fresh supply at the front desk every day at no charge to you. Regarding the problem you experienced with the heater, we are conducting a full investigation in order to prevent this problem from reoccurring. Again, we would like to thank you for your feedback as it will help us provide excellent service. It's our aim to satisfy our guests 100%.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Jack
"Very clean"
Very clean and conveniently located to San Francisco. Friendly staff. Their breakfast is very limited though.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that your room was clean and that our staff was friendly. Still, I do apologize that you found our grab-and-go breakfast to be lacking. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Disappointing to pay over a hundred dollars a night and have no housekeeping service (true!), swimming pool and hot tub closed, no hair conditioner and just 1 tiny bottle of shampoo for 4 people (we were told to go to Target if we needed extras!)! This place is clean as a whistle and the rooms are nice but, there's absolutely no service! We'll stay at Embassy Suites next time.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our rooms being nice and clean; however, I am sorry that our available services and amenities did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do offer weekly housekeeping, and for guests staying less than a week, we offer daily housekeeping services for a minimal fee. I will work with my front desk staff to ensure that we are properly communicating this moving forward. As well, your feedback on our level of service will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
stacy
"Trip to Terrapin"
Room & Price was good. Location fine. No breakfast buffet. No ice machines. Pool was under repair. For an overnight stay I wouldn't recommend it.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and found us to be a good value; however, we are sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations and that we were refurbishing our pool during your stay. We offer a variety of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, muffins, granola bars, and fresh fruit each morning as a quick option for our guests that do not have time to cook in their fully equipped kitchens. We will review your feedback and look into adding to our selection. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Armand
"One night stand"
For a one night stop. They need new towels
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
We prefer to stay at this location every time we visit San Rafael, CA.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for telling us about your recent visit to Extended Stay America San Rafael. We regret any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We remove the dishes and utensils from every room upon check-out so they are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. In future, simply notify the front desk of whatever you require and we will make sure it is brought to your room! Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we thank you for your positive comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Cynthia
"Sorry, but it's a "C" rating"
Broken window latch, broken lamp, old creaky beds that made noise when you move. Old bed pads. Very difficult to work heater. Shower floor very slippery. No housekeeping service. No vending machines or ice machine. On the plus side the hotel has been upgraded. The hotel and the rooms look good. The problem is that it lacks the details that make the difference between being content and not being content. Unfortunately, the bad trumps the good.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Clean, a great value"
Room was everything I expected. They delivered as promised. Don't expect much from the "breakfast" they include, however.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"Wiz in the lot :("
Never have I had drive around a building so that my wife wouldn't have to see one of there guest urinate in the front of a hotel, thanks but no thanks.i'll stay somewhere else.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It upsets me to read of what you witnessed in the parking lot of our hotel. I will be sharing your experience with our security staff to prevent your experience from being repeated. We do not condone this and thanks to you will be very vigilant so that this never happens again. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
"Great hotel for good price"
Very nice folks,would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Bruce - Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are proud of our staff for accomplishing our goal of providing you with a great experience during your stay. We look forward welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Bruce
"Comfort Suites - San Rafael"
This hotel was clean and comfortable, but did not have all the amenities it lists on the website.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"above average"
friendly, helpful, clean, convenient,reasonable We will be back!!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Dawn - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your clean room and our convenient location during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Dawn
"no"
Traffic noise, bad bed. probably not come back.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Jeffrey - I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I apologize for the noise disturbance you encountered from nearby traffic. As well, I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the comfort of your bed. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Jeffrey
"Ok"
Everything was great. Only thing that suck was doors close at 8 and i had to walk down to let my brother in. Another thing was people kept barging in way before check-out time
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for telling us about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable overall. Our doors close at 8:00 pm every day for security reasons. We apologize if you found this inconvenient, but one our top priorities is the safety and welfare of our guests. Thank you again for our comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"TxR"
TXR ! I was attending some shows at TXR and have found this to be a grate place to stay. The hotel is very close to the venue. I have stayed here before and will stay here again. Friendly staff, good clean room and even a view of the bay.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"A Bay Area choice location"
It's like being in a dormitory instead of a hotel
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to read that you received poor service from my staff. I will be working with them to review our customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 night trip Oct 16, 2014
RJB
"THIS PLACE SMELLS LIKE DEATH"
STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast and the smell of our hotel. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure these issues are not repeated in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Very comfortable"
We stayed two nights while visiting my daughter at a nearby college and were very comfortable with our hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad to read that your stay was very comfortable, and that we met your needs during your visit to your daughter. The staff and I thank you again for your kind review. We would love to host you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Ron
"good in a pinch."
A kitchen comes with the room with microwave. HOWEVER, if you want a cup or teaspoon to have a cup of tea you have to go down to the front desk. It is called customizing your kitchen needs.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
cheryl
"Great location for exploring Marin County!"
Our party of three spent two nights here exploring Marin County. Short drive to Muir Woods, Muir and Stinson Beaches and Golden Gate National Recreational Area. Nice walking paths with bay views for a stroll and exercise just a block away. The room was nice and clean, included a mini kitchen w/full size refrigerator, microwave. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Dog friendly too! I will definitely be back and recommend this location!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that the location of our hotel was so convenient for your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to read that your room was clean and met your needs, and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback. We would love to welcome you back in the future to provide you with another comfortable stay.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Suzie
will not stay again.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Winston
The place needs a good cleanning. The room was not well vacuumed and hair remained from the previous guest in the bathroom. The elevators were dirty as well. Dust balls in the corners and ad signs in the elevators with graffitti but no ads. The place needs a complete going over.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay. I am so sorry to read about the cleanliness issues in your room and in our common areas. I have scheduled an emergency meeting with the our housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Bare Basics"
The hotel was clean, and the staff were all very nice. The exercise room was in disrepair, the door and bike were broken. The doorknob fell off while we were in there and there is no phone in the room. There was a business area but no ability to print during the whole length of our stay. Free breakfast is granola bars and instant oatmeal. There were no coffee shops or restaurants near the hotel at all. **This is obviously a drop in and sleep and that is it kind of hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
L P
"Large and clean room"
I have stayed at Extended Stay in San Rafael multiple times. The rooms are large and clean. Facilities like the laundry room are conveniently organized and accessible. I stay at the San Rafael Extended Stay because it is close to Bay West Ballroom up the street and will stay again in the future.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found your room to be spacious and clean. As well, I am glad to read that our laundry facility was convenient and easy to use. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Bryan
"Comfy rooms"
Clean, spacious rooms. Kitchenette was great.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Learning that we accomplished our goal of providing you with a great experience is the best part of our job. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the near future.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great staff, horrible bed"
Location was great, staff was amazing and amenities were so so. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, did not sleep very well and I can usually sleep anywhere. The shower was nice and the overall hotel very clean. I do t think I will stay there because of lack if sleep.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and location; however, I do apologize that your bed was so uncomfortable. Your feedback on this comfort issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Rose
Cleanliness of room. Front Desk was very professional and efficient.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice but a bit out of the way"
Perfectly fine. Beds were comfy. AC worked. Bathrooms were nice. Pool and hot tub were outside in gated, covered area. Vending was limited.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
CK
"Met our needs for comfort and convenience"
The room was spacious and comfortable. Like others have said, it was a little inconvenient to not have the dishes, dish washing equipment etc. in the room (like you would find in a Residence Inn for example), but they supplied what we requested very quickly. The grab and go breakfast was just that -- very skimpy, but the assumption was you are there for an 'extended stay' so supplying your own meals. The only major complaint I have is that the 3rd floor where we stayed had a very unusual odor. Our room smelled fine, but every time you got off the elevator, it was there and it was strong.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that your stay was pleasant overall; however, I do apologize for the odor you experienced during your stay. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to investigate the source of this odor so that we can prevent your experience from being repeated. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great room"
Very clean, cozy, room very complete close to everything.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback regarding your recent visit to to our hotel. We are pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean and cozy room at a convenient location. Thank you so much for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Thank you again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
palma88
Good location, nice hotel, friendly staff. Bed was uncomfortable, but outside of that, great place to stay!.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
John - Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are sorry that you did not find your bed to be comfortable; however, we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will look into the bedding situation to make sure your next stay with us is very comfortable. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great staff, Good location, save $$ with kitchen"
Good place to stay for exploring Marin County and San Francisco. Not the nicest hotel in the world, but it was a good base for 3-4 days and I would have no reservations going back. This was our best price point option in the area, but it is over priced, as is almost all of California. The kitchenette allowed us to use this an alternative to renting a house on VRBO.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Rich
"One night stay"
We stayed for one night visiting San Francisco and Napa Valley. Beds are hard and A/C is loud. Swimming pool inside partly outside. It had a kitchen unit, but we just went out for diner. Not much in the area, just off the freeway. A great sushi bar around the corner! Also a target down the street with a Starbucks.. For a weekend stay in San Francisco area it was reasonable priced. For breakfast it's a grab and go: apples an muffin and coffee.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Dave - Thank you for writing a review about your experience. We are glad that you found us to be a good value; however, we are sorry to hear that your bed's comfort did not meet your expectations and your air conditioning was noisy. We will inspect each of our mattresses to make sure they are meeting our standards for comfort. We will also have our maintenance engineer address any potential issue with your air conditioning unit. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"great spot to get into S.F."
we pick this hotel beacuse it was near to ferry going into S.F. just a short drive to ferry parking lot cost $2.00 for all day and $10.00 for ferry right into ferry terminal down town . front desk is always great I will use this hotel again
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
John - Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed our convenient location. We are proud of our staff for providing you with quality service. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
john d
"Staff & room were nice however--- NO WATER PRESURE"
The Staff was very friendly, lobby friendly & clean. The room was clean, nothing fancy but functional. However, by far the WORSE THING WAS NO WATER PRESSURE IN THE SHOWER. Also bring your own shampo & conditioner -- as the product they provide is horrible. Coffee with the Continental breakfast is good!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Gwen
"Okay hotel"
It is a standard sized hotel which offers your need of having a comfortable place to stay. Basically, when you book in this hotel, housekeeping is only provided when you request for it. When you need fresh towels, you have to get it yourself from the front desk..so far over all stay was a breeze bec it provided what we really need for the whole stay including the chance of doing our laundry since they have that facility....;)
4 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Vacation at SF"
Just what we expected, a nice and comfortable stay! The nice lady, Debbie was very accommodating. We're going back to that hotel again!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Feces on the bed"
There was some type of feces on one of the beds!!!!!!!!!!! We called them and they sent someone to pick up the sheets and bring us new sheets.... They never came back with the sheets. To make matters worse, the manager said that they would reimburse us on our way out and the next morning, the representative said there is nothing he can do and the manager is not in. I asked him to call the manager and he did and said he couldn't help us. I cannot recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
KT
"Just ok"
I expected to have the basics in our room at Extended Stay (cookware, silverware, and soap) and was disappointed to find that we didn't. After a call to the front desk we were told we could come retrieve the items from the front desk. We brought food to BBQ but learned they didn't provide charcoal so ended up cooking on the stove top. We had to request a wine opener too. They didn't even provide a coffee maker in the room. The rooms were nice enough but lacked the basics I expect to find in a hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
NS
"Over night delight!"
Room was clean, comfortable, and convenient. I had a short stay but it was just right!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
WE DIDN'T GET TO STAY THERE WHEN WE ARRIVED TO CHECK IN WE WERE TOLD BY THE PERSON BEHIND THE COUNTER THAT HE ONLY SHOWED ONE ROOM RESERVED AND DID NOT SEE THE OTHER 2 ROOMS RESERVED AND I HAD THE CONFORMATION #S SO WE HAD TO GO TO NORTH SANTA ROSA TO GET ROOMS AND NOW I FIND OUT THAT I'M STILL BEING CHARGED FOR 2 ROOMS THAT EXTENDED STAY SHOWS NOW AS NO SHOW NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
RANDY MILLER
Hotel is clean and well maintained. Laundry room is large with 4 washers and dryers. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our friendly staff and convenient laundry room. However, I do apologize that your bed was noisy and that your room did not meet all of your needs. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great for one night stay"
Need to clean the vents on the bathroom , call front desk ask about drinking water, the person said drink from the faucet ok to drink, we don't. Supply bottle water. The add from expedia said Bottle water in the room, nice stay for one night.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Guillermo - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the cleanliness issues with your bathroom vents. I can assure you that I will be discussing your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that your room did not meet your expectations and that we did not provide bottled water. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
guillermo
"Nice and convenient"
Everything we needed was nice and close especially having Target right there!!!! Box spring was a bit noisy when just sitting on the bet though..... Breakfast was a disappointment however-not much there. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014