All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America
1775 Francisco Blvd, San Rafael, CA, 94901, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Pleasant stay"
We prefer to stay at this location every time we visit San Rafael, CA.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for telling us about your recent visit to Extended Stay America San Rafael. We regret any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We remove the dishes and utensils from every room upon check-out so they are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized. In future, simply notify the front desk of whatever you require and we will make sure it is brought to your room! Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we thank you for your positive comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Cynthia
"Sorry, but it's a "C" rating"
Broken window latch, broken lamp, old creaky beds that made noise when you move. Old bed pads. Very difficult to work heater. Shower floor very slippery. No housekeeping service. No vending machines or ice machine. On the plus side the hotel has been upgraded. The hotel and the rooms look good. The problem is that it lacks the details that make the difference between being content and not being content. Unfortunately, the bad trumps the good.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Clean, a great value"
Room was everything I expected. They delivered as promised. Don't expect much from the "breakfast" they include, however.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"Wiz in the lot :("
Never have I had drive around a building so that my wife wouldn't have to see one of there guest urinate in the front of a hotel, thanks but no thanks.i'll stay somewhere else.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It upsets me to read of what you witnessed in the parking lot of our hotel. I will be sharing your experience with our security staff to prevent your experience from being repeated. We do not condone this and thanks to you will be very vigilant so that this never happens again. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we thank you for your comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
"Great hotel for good price"
Very nice folks,would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Bruce - Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are proud of our staff for accomplishing our goal of providing you with a great experience during your stay. We look forward welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again.
3 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Bruce
"Comfort Suites - San Rafael"
This hotel was clean and comfortable, but did not have all the amenities it lists on the website.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"above average"
friendly, helpful, clean, convenient,reasonable We will be back!!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Dawn - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your clean room and our convenient location during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Dawn
"no"
Traffic noise, bad bed. probably not come back.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Jeffrey - I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I apologize for the noise disturbance you encountered from nearby traffic. As well, I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the comfort of your bed. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
4 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Jeffrey
"Ok"
Everything was great. Only thing that suck was doors close at 8 and i had to walk down to let my brother in. Another thing was people kept barging in way before check-out time
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for telling us about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable overall. Our doors close at 8:00 pm every day for security reasons. We apologize if you found this inconvenient, but one our top priorities is the safety and welfare of our guests. Thank you again for our comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"TxR"
TXR ! I was attending some shows at TXR and have found this to be a grate place to stay. The hotel is very close to the venue. I have stayed here before and will stay here again. Friendly staff, good clean room and even a view of the bay.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"A Bay Area choice location"
It's like being in a dormitory instead of a hotel
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to read that you received poor service from my staff. I will be working with them to review our customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 night trip Oct 16, 2014
RJB
"THIS PLACE SMELLS LIKE DEATH"
STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS STINKS
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast and the smell of our hotel. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure these issues are not repeated in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Very comfortable"
We stayed two nights while visiting my daughter at a nearby college and were very comfortable with our hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad to read that your stay was very comfortable, and that we met your needs during your visit to your daughter. The staff and I thank you again for your kind review. We would love to host you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Ron
"good in a pinch."
A kitchen comes with the room with microwave. HOWEVER, if you want a cup or teaspoon to have a cup of tea you have to go down to the front desk. It is called customizing your kitchen needs.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
cheryl
"Great location for exploring Marin County!"
Our party of three spent two nights here exploring Marin County. Short drive to Muir Woods, Muir and Stinson Beaches and Golden Gate National Recreational Area. Nice walking paths with bay views for a stroll and exercise just a block away. The room was nice and clean, included a mini kitchen w/full size refrigerator, microwave. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Dog friendly too! I will definitely be back and recommend this location!
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that the location of our hotel was so convenient for your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to read that your room was clean and met your needs, and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback. We would love to welcome you back in the future to provide you with another comfortable stay.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Suzie
will not stay again.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Winston
The place needs a good cleanning. The room was not well vacuumed and hair remained from the previous guest in the bathroom. The elevators were dirty as well. Dust balls in the corners and ad signs in the elevators with graffitti but no ads. The place needs a complete going over.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay. I am so sorry to read about the cleanliness issues in your room and in our common areas. I have scheduled an emergency meeting with the our housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Bare Basics"
The hotel was clean, and the staff were all very nice. The exercise room was in disrepair, the door and bike were broken. The doorknob fell off while we were in there and there is no phone in the room. There was a business area but no ability to print during the whole length of our stay. Free breakfast is granola bars and instant oatmeal. There were no coffee shops or restaurants near the hotel at all. **This is obviously a drop in and sleep and that is it kind of hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
L P
"Large and clean room"
I have stayed at Extended Stay in San Rafael multiple times. The rooms are large and clean. Facilities like the laundry room are conveniently organized and accessible. I stay at the San Rafael Extended Stay because it is close to Bay West Ballroom up the street and will stay again in the future.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found your room to be spacious and clean. As well, I am glad to read that our laundry facility was convenient and easy to use. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Bryan
"Comfy rooms"
Clean, spacious rooms. Kitchenette was great.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Learning that we accomplished our goal of providing you with a great experience is the best part of our job. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the near future.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great staff, horrible bed"
Location was great, staff was amazing and amenities were so so. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, did not sleep very well and I can usually sleep anywhere. The shower was nice and the overall hotel very clean. I do t think I will stay there because of lack if sleep.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and location; however, I do apologize that your bed was so uncomfortable. Your feedback on this comfort issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Rose
Cleanliness of room. Front Desk was very professional and efficient.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice but a bit out of the way"
Perfectly fine. Beds were comfy. AC worked. Bathrooms were nice. Pool and hot tub were outside in gated, covered area. Vending was limited.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
CK
"Met our needs for comfort and convenience"
The room was spacious and comfortable. Like others have said, it was a little inconvenient to not have the dishes, dish washing equipment etc. in the room (like you would find in a Residence Inn for example), but they supplied what we requested very quickly. The grab and go breakfast was just that -- very skimpy, but the assumption was you are there for an 'extended stay' so supplying your own meals. The only major complaint I have is that the 3rd floor where we stayed had a very unusual odor. Our room smelled fine, but every time you got off the elevator, it was there and it was strong.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that your stay was pleasant overall; however, I do apologize for the odor you experienced during your stay. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to investigate the source of this odor so that we can prevent your experience from being repeated. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great room"
Very clean, cozy, room very complete close to everything.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback regarding your recent visit to to our hotel. We are pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean and cozy room at a convenient location. Thank you so much for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Thank you again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
palma88
Good location, nice hotel, friendly staff. Bed was uncomfortable, but outside of that, great place to stay!.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
John - Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are sorry that you did not find your bed to be comfortable; however, we are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will look into the bedding situation to make sure your next stay with us is very comfortable. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great staff, Good location, save $$ with kitchen"
Good place to stay for exploring Marin County and San Francisco. Not the nicest hotel in the world, but it was a good base for 3-4 days and I would have no reservations going back. This was our best price point option in the area, but it is over priced, as is almost all of California. The kitchenette allowed us to use this an alternative to renting a house on VRBO.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Rich
"One night stay"
We stayed for one night visiting San Francisco and Napa Valley. Beds are hard and A/C is loud. Swimming pool inside partly outside. It had a kitchen unit, but we just went out for diner. Not much in the area, just off the freeway. A great sushi bar around the corner! Also a target down the street with a Starbucks.. For a weekend stay in San Francisco area it was reasonable priced. For breakfast it's a grab and go: apples an muffin and coffee.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Dave - Thank you for writing a review about your experience. We are glad that you found us to be a good value; however, we are sorry to hear that your bed's comfort did not meet your expectations and your air conditioning was noisy. We will inspect each of our mattresses to make sure they are meeting our standards for comfort. We will also have our maintenance engineer address any potential issue with your air conditioning unit. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"great spot to get into S.F."
we pick this hotel beacuse it was near to ferry going into S.F. just a short drive to ferry parking lot cost $2.00 for all day and $10.00 for ferry right into ferry terminal down town . front desk is always great I will use this hotel again
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
John - Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed our convenient location. We are proud of our staff for providing you with quality service. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2014
john d
"Staff & room were nice however--- NO WATER PRESURE"
The Staff was very friendly, lobby friendly & clean. The room was clean, nothing fancy but functional. However, by far the WORSE THING WAS NO WATER PRESSURE IN THE SHOWER. Also bring your own shampo & conditioner -- as the product they provide is horrible. Coffee with the Continental breakfast is good!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Gwen
"Okay hotel"
It is a standard sized hotel which offers your need of having a comfortable place to stay. Basically, when you book in this hotel, housekeeping is only provided when you request for it. When you need fresh towels, you have to get it yourself from the front desk..so far over all stay was a breeze bec it provided what we really need for the whole stay including the chance of doing our laundry since they have that facility....;)
4 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Vacation at SF"
Just what we expected, a nice and comfortable stay! The nice lady, Debbie was very accommodating. We're going back to that hotel again!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Feces on the bed"
There was some type of feces on one of the beds!!!!!!!!!!! We called them and they sent someone to pick up the sheets and bring us new sheets.... They never came back with the sheets. To make matters worse, the manager said that they would reimburse us on our way out and the next morning, the representative said there is nothing he can do and the manager is not in. I asked him to call the manager and he did and said he couldn't help us. I cannot recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
KT
"Just ok"
I expected to have the basics in our room at Extended Stay (cookware, silverware, and soap) and was disappointed to find that we didn't. After a call to the front desk we were told we could come retrieve the items from the front desk. We brought food to BBQ but learned they didn't provide charcoal so ended up cooking on the stove top. We had to request a wine opener too. They didn't even provide a coffee maker in the room. The rooms were nice enough but lacked the basics I expect to find in a hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
NS
"Over night delight!"
Room was clean, comfortable, and convenient. I had a short stay but it was just right!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
WE DIDN'T GET TO STAY THERE WHEN WE ARRIVED TO CHECK IN WE WERE TOLD BY THE PERSON BEHIND THE COUNTER THAT HE ONLY SHOWED ONE ROOM RESERVED AND DID NOT SEE THE OTHER 2 ROOMS RESERVED AND I HAD THE CONFORMATION #S SO WE HAD TO GO TO NORTH SANTA ROSA TO GET ROOMS AND NOW I FIND OUT THAT I'M STILL BEING CHARGED FOR 2 ROOMS THAT EXTENDED STAY SHOWS NOW AS NO SHOW NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
RANDY MILLER
Hotel is clean and well maintained. Laundry room is large with 4 washers and dryers. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our friendly staff and convenient laundry room. However, I do apologize that your bed was noisy and that your room did not meet all of your needs. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great for one night stay"
Need to clean the vents on the bathroom , call front desk ask about drinking water, the person said drink from the faucet ok to drink, we don't. Supply bottle water. The add from expedia said Bottle water in the room, nice stay for one night.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Guillermo - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the cleanliness issues with your bathroom vents. I can assure you that I will be discussing your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that your room did not meet your expectations and that we did not provide bottled water. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
guillermo
"Nice and convenient"
Everything we needed was nice and close especially having Target right there!!!! Box spring was a bit noisy when just sitting on the bet though..... Breakfast was a disappointment however-not much there. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
The room felt cramped. The AC wasn't user friendly Took too long to kick in. Saw bug in pool, refused to get it. The beds seemed to be full size instead of queen. The dining room was very clean and spacious. Love the workout room. Very close to Target, my favorite store which we discovered much later. The staff was friendly and attentive. Overall I would probably stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Patty - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay. We're sorry if your stay was not as comfortable as what we always strive for. All of our rooms have either one King bed or two Queen beds. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel overall and that our staff provided you with quality service. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, it helps us to improve. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Patty E
"Playing and hiking"
Nice place to stay. Friendly staff clean rooms. High price for what you get. Great location to do a million things..
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Disappointing hotel beds."
The hotel was just okay, but the beds were terrible. The beds were noisy and uncomfortable. The bed was so bad, my back hurt after my stay. Night shift staff was not very accommodating. The towels were flimsy and you had to personally exchange dirty towels to get clean towels.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent stay. We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean; however, we are sorry that you did not find your mattress to be comfortable. We will be inspecting our mattresses to make sure they are meeting our comfort standards. We also apologize that our towel exchange policy did not leave you pleased. We are a green hotel, this is the reason why we exchange our guests' towels; it also allows us to pass the savings on to our guests. For those guests interested, we do offer different programs in which we offer daily maid service. We are sorry that this was not explained to you at check-in. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure that we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us in the future so we can provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
M.L.
My experience here was fantastic. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area. It's close to Mt. Tamapais and Muir Woods.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay and truly appreciate that you would recommend our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future. Thank you again.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was a good size. Breakfast is coffee, muffins and fruit. This was a good location for us to visit family. I felt safe in this hotel and the parking lot was well lighted. Would recommend to family and friends.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
It was perfect for an overnight stay. I never needed the kitchen but there is one. Debbie at the front desk managed to check me in early. This is also a great freeway close location so it's easy if you need to get out and about. Close to downtown San Rafael and Terrapin Crossroads
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Lynn
"really nice but breakfast bad"
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for telling us about your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide excellent service. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is designed to get you out the door on time. For this reason our rooms are equipped with a full kitchen which lets you eat whenever you want, saving you money. Thank you again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
aura
"Just o.k."
All the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. The location is freeway close, but that's both a positive and a negative. Complementary "breakfast" was pretty much a joke, but the coffee was good and much appreciated. So, it was pretty much a mixed bag for me.
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Paula - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you liked the service our staff provided and our hotel's location. Still, I am unhappy to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. It is designed to get you out the door on time. For this reason our rooms are equipped with a full kitchen which lets you eat whenever you want. Thank you again for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Paula
"Great quiet place. Alittle pricy though."
Great view. Nice place to stay. Relaxing watching the boats travel by. Very peaceful stay
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Bad smell in the air"
The hotel smelled like marijuana all night. On a positive note, the staff was great, our room was very clean and comfortable. The price was ok for the San Francisco area.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Average Joe
"Descent place"
Forget about asking about bottle water, staff said there wasn't any...
Response by Extended Stay America San Rafael - Francisco Boulevard East
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. I am so glad that you liked the parking our hotel has to offer and our location. As for the water, I am sorry we did not have any bottles available at the front desk; however, they are offered in the vending machines. Thank you again. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Other trip May 25, 2014