All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America

4.8
    4.8
Excellent room
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Good Place to Stay in Rutland"
I recommend this hotel. It's conveniently located (for my purposes, at least) right in the center of Rutland. My rooms have always been clean here. They're a good size and consistent with other Hampton Inns I've stayed in. The breakfast is good.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Noah
"Everything Covered"
The room has everything you need. Refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer desk, couch, comfortable clean bed
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"First time at Hampton Inn"
Staff and service were top shelf. Location is not ideal being next to a strip mall. Access to hotel from highway is not easy. Breakfast was rather tasteless.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
peter
"good place to stay"
good for business, good breakfast, convient
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"What's not to like!!!!"
We arrived for a concert. The staff, Tess & Karin, it was like we had known them for years. When we got back from the performance, trays of warm, home baked choc. chip and peanut butter cookies were waiting. WOW!!! Best peanut butter cookies like, ever!! The next morning different staff, same results. As close to home as you can get. Homemade waffles, breads, bagels, muffins etc., hot cereal, cold cereal, fruit, yogurts, juices, eggs the list goes on. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate...whatever. Breakfast was really nice. Rooms are very nice. Located walking distance to shopping and to '99'...which is my favorite!!! Would absolutely return which says a lot as I'm VERY PICKY. Local taxi picked us up for the show and was waiting for us when the show let out. That's service with a smile for sure. Atwood's Taxi. Mark was wonderful and it was set up by the staff at the Hampton.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Clean and hotel staff are very helpful."
The pool was cold and my daughter loves bacon but it was not served at all during our stay. Overall, the stay was good. We would come back!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Cynthia
"Great spot for a business stay."
Very friendly staff. Only snafu was they forgot my wake up call. I hate when that happens.
3 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
"Rutland/Killington"
Hotel was nice, food was good. Service excellent. Pool was cold and a little uncomfortable, but what do you expect in Vermont during the winter.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Too expensive."
Nice hotel, but over priced.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
"Great place to stay for the money"
Staff was very friendly,
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
elba
"Super Stay - breakfast was very good!"
We stayed 2 nights in Rutland to go skiing at Killington. Our stay was perfect. Rooms were comfortable, clean and breakfast was very good!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Ski Family
"Nice, cozy, and convenient"
Our group stayed in a total of three rooms and we enjoyed all being able to sit by the fire in the lounge together after a day on the mountain. The staff were all very friendly and considerate, we felt very comfortable staying here and we're glad to have found a place we liked for future visits.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Gin
"Nice clean hotel, decent location to Killington"
This hotel was very clean and well-maintained. Super comfortable beds! Breakfast was great, and the staff were very helpful. Went on a Friday night before skiing at Killington on Saturday morning; I think that was what everyone else was doing because breakfast was very crowded early in the morning. Rutland is a very cute area, I would 100% go back. Only drawback is that it is about 30 minutes from the mountain, but considering we booked the room two days ahead of time it was a perfect solution!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Mallory
"wonderful weekend getaway"
All staffs were friendly, helpful and professional, and they were on top of every requests we had and took care of them right away. Room was clean and comfortable. Excellent and convenient location; next to shopping plaza and is very close to several Ski mountain resorts.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
anderson
"One night stay on the way to Killington"
Stayed here for one night on my way to Killington. Friendly front desk staff, clean room , was very quiet and comfortable. would recommend for sure
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Gateway to Rutland, VT"
We chose the Hampton Inn over the Holiday Inn next door because of the two Queen beds instead of two Full beds. The extra room made the difference in our stay for sure.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel for Killington skiing"
Lovely hotel, we stayed here right after New Years on a ski trip to Killington. It was a last minute decision to ski this weekend, so all the usual lodges were booked up, but this hotel had availability. At a ~half hour drive, slightly longer drive to get to the mountain, but still very reasonable. The hotel offers free breakfast and tea / coffee / hot chocolate, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and we ate at two tasty restaurants in the Rutland area.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Elbie
"Ski Trip"
We stayed at the Rutland Hampton Inn while we were up for a ski trip to Killington. The overall experience was very enjoyable, the room was ready when we checked in and was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I asked for extra towels a couple times and was provided them without delay. The continental breakfast each morning was good and well stocked; my kids loved the hot chocolate! I would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
dave
"Great hotel with wonderful staff"
We stayed here because the properties at Killington were all full. This hotel was much nicer than the lodge we stayed at the previous 2 nights at Killington, and it cost less. It takes 30 minutes to get to the slopes, but there is more to do in the evening, like going to the movies or shopping. The breakfast was much better than the one in the on-site lodge. The only thing we did not like about it was that the omelette contained ham (western omelette) and there was no vegetarian alternative except for hard boiled eggs. There were waffles and cereal and fruit, but it would have been nice to have a choice of scrambled eggs with no meat. My husband got very sick as we were checking out. The staff was excellent about getting him a wheelchair, wheeling him to our car, getting us to an urgent care facility nearby, and even carrying our luggage to our car! We are very grateful for all their help. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Great Deal Close To Killington"
Half hour from Killington. Rutland is definetly better for the skier on a budget. Love hampton inn and free cookies.
3 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
Great for business travel. Clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff. Very nice breakfast buffet.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"great place to stay for Killington skiing"
lovely people, great breakfast, very helpful when my ski locks froze and they quickly called for maintenance and helped defrost with hot water.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
po
"very friendly staff, clean, rm key problems but ok"
We stayed here for 2 nights for a ski trip to killington, just a short 10 minute drive. It was what we expected-- clean, friendly service, comfortable, quiet, nice breakfast in the morning, etc. Our room key didnt work when we checked in, so we had to go down to get another one. That one worked. But the next day, we ran into the same problem. We went downstairs to get another replacement and when i got back up to my room door, that didnt work either. So back downstairs again. They were very apologetic about it and did feel bad for our inconvenience. They gave us another room key and finally that one worked. We checked out the next day so im not sure if that room key would have eventually stopped working too, but oh well. They did give us 2 water bottles for the inconvenience. Everyone was very nice at this hotel and i would stay again.
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Kristin
"Well kept up nice pool"
I've been to a lot of Hampton Inns, and this is one of the comfortable well run ones.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Jonathan
"Fantastic Hotel!"
Hotel was excellent! We arrived 3 hours before check in and our room was ready! It was great they were able to get us checked in. The staff was very nice and the room was really clean. The shower was not a typical hotel shower, this actually had water pressure and was hot. I am very happy we stayed here!!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Bonnie
very smooth, good breakfast and coffee. Clean room - pretty normal good place.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Oz
"Nice and new."
Booked a room for 2 nights for visiting family. Room was spacious, breakfast was great. Manager was great, front desk clerk was mediocre. Only negative, small amount of black mold in shower grout, grime buildup around sink drain and trash still in garbage can. Housekeeping needs to step it up! Especially for the price, but compared to other hotels in area definitely the top choice.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Servicable, Clean, Quiet"
Hotel was clean and quiet. We were there to sleep and we did.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
judith
"Nice option for Rutland"
Stayed here for parent's weekend at a local college in Poultney. Very happy with the room and service.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Deb
"Visiting Family in Rutland"
Very nice , clean, comfortable room, friendly staff, good breakfast, nice overall, will stay again.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2014
K
Overall very nice hotel.. The one quip I have is that they only have ONE pay washer and dryer.. Come on.. Really??? I had to wait several hours as I had one guest in front of me with a few loads to do..
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
Joe R
"Lovely"
The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Just sorry we were here for only one night!
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Although Rutland is not a vacation destination, this Hampton Inn is nicely centrally located for reaching many of the lovely attractions Vermont does have to offer. It is very reasonably priced and I will definitely be staying there again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Sue
"Stayed here to drop my son off at a local college"
Convenient, clean and comfortable. The room had a king size bed with a pull out couch which was perfect for our family. The hotel and the room was clean and very comfortable.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Debbie
"One of the nicer hotels in area"
Not too many up to date hotels in Rutland. Nice to stay at Hampton where it was clean and the breakfast was nicely done. Everyone was helpful and the employees were pleasant!!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Very nice staff. Excellent morning breakfast. Comfortable beds. Good value. Gym & pool were small but sufficient. Dull neighborhood next to an open mall, but some good restaurants nearby. "Roots" is an awesome restaurant, a mile or two away.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
My stay was great. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"good, reliable hotel"
Friendly folk, nice rooms and beds, decent breakfast (eggs could be better) but plenty of nice fruits, cereals, waffles, pastries,etc. Reliable stay and we'll stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Quite locaton near some shopping"
It was very comfortable and quiet. Property was neat and clean inside and out. Service was good. We had to extend our stay. When I made the reservation on hotels.com. I accidentally selected a smoking room. When I went to check in for the extended night, they were was willing to give us a non-smoking room. Within walking distance to a grocery store and some retail stores.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good location, close to everything."
Loved the location, clean & quiet. Good amenities & very good breakfast. Front desk staff were very friendly. Room was spacious, had microwave & fridge. Comfortable bed & pillows. Great bathroom. Only thing I did not like was the weird yellowish lighting in room itself. Unfortunately, we were on the ground floor (which I would change in the future) & only a thick curtain was on window, so unless we wanted everyone to see into our room, we had to keep everything closed up. White semi-sheers should be added so you have privacy but can also have some natural lighting. Pool was much smaller than the picture & did not seem heated but the kids enjoyed it. Hallways outside of 1st floor rooms were an ice box, so bring cover-up/warmer clothing for after pool. Overall, I would stay there again & definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
TL
Pleasant front desk doing check in manually do to a storm the night before. Room very clean n quiet close to shopping and food.we would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
kim
"Clean, Friendly, Accommodating"
The front desk staff were very friendly, and the hot breakfast did not disappoint. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a microwave and refrigerator in my room as well, and if my stay was longer, I would have taken advantage of those features. My room was very clean and comfortable. Overall, it was a lovely stay.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Stayed for two nights while visiting local college"
The hotel was perfect. Great location in Rutland, clean and comfortable rooms. I have no complaints at all. The breakfast was decent, and for a June weekend, it was not very crowded when we there. Plenty of table and bar space. The coffee was good and hot.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Deb
"I was pleasantly surprised."
Wow!
4 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Pierce Smith
"Perfect Rest for Golf Tournament"
We were staying here for a AJGA Jr Golf Tournament at Green Mountain GC. The hotel was perfect for our needs. The pool was great for relaxing after each round. The fitness room was great for pre round stretching and mirrors worked well for checking swing mechanics. Great Week! Look forward to next year.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Rutland stay"
Booked the hotel for the weekend. This was probably the most expensive hotel out of the class in Rutland, but was worth it. Rooms were clean, breakfast was excellent and it was peacful.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
guest1
"Very Clean and Comfortable"
We stayed at this Hampton Inn twice in the past 6 months. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The beds are so comfortable. The free breakfast buffet in the morning hits the spot. The pool and workout room are very clean. I like the cookies in the afternoon at the front desk. Staff is very nice and professional.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Jeanne
"FUNERAL STAY"
STAFF WAS VERY ACCOMADATING. SET UP SPECIAL ROOM FOR FAMILY GATHERING. MSERVICE,ADE A DIFFICULT TIME MORE BEARABLE WITH THEIR SERVICE.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Convenient location close to many area's"
Our stay was relaxing and convenient and only 15 min from our final destination I would definitely stay again. Staff was friendly and helpful rooms were very nice and tidy and beds comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014