All hotels in Bethel, Connecticut, United States of America

Room is all right
    Bad amenities
    Bad breakfast
"Surprised"
Very nice hotel at a great price. I would recommend this hotel
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
Joseph J
"Better than nothing"
The staff was wonderful -the room was warn, seemed clean though. Bed and pillows were not comfortable and the sheets were clean, but well worn. The TV and alarm clock did not work correctly. Only stairs to the second floor. It was not quiet - inside or out. There were no other rooms available in that area so I was grateful for a place, but.....
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Cynth
Was average. Breakfast area was small and choices limited. Toilet flushed poorly even after reported to staff. Area was safe and convenient to highway. Room satisfied my needs.
4 night trip Oct 5, 2015
roger
"Road trip"
We stopped for a night it was easy to get to. The service was great. Breakfast was ok.
1 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2015
Norman
The bathroom was disgusting, the bathroom light kept going out, the blow dryer didn't work, the refrigerator did not work. It was awful!!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
MYCHELLE
"Inexpensive Clean Room."
Perfectly ok, one night stay. Comfortable bed, decent television. One outlet was broken, and air conditioning turned off around midnight and would not turn back on. Still a cheap stay for a clean room.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Jeffrey
"Great deal"
Was there for business. Wass looking for a place close to job site.Decided to go with Howard Johnson because price was attractive. I turned out to be good deal. Clean, friendly stuff and good services.Definitely met my expectations.
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
Zlatko
"Decent Inexpensive Room."
Clean room, but minor problems. One outlet was broken. Air conditioning shut off around 11 pm and would not re-start. Room became warm. Overall though, a decent place to get some rest. I'd stay again. Night staff was exceptionally nice and accommodating.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Jeffrey
"my review"
desk in room needs a more businesslike chair, ie tilt, swivel etc.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Raymond
"quite experience"
Exactly what i was expecting for the affordable price, I will stay there in the future
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
"Clean affordable place for a family of 5."
We arrived a little bit after 11pm to attend a memorial for a family member. HJ's had no problem with the late check in and was able to accommodate a family of 5 in a single room. The room was clean, the bathroom was very clean. We would stay again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
MB
"Wonderful!!! Comfy bed!!"
Beautiful clean room, comfy bed, loved everything about my stay. The only thing they need to work on is the complimentary breakfast.... It's the cheapest breakfast I've seen. But besides that, it was a great, peaceful stay.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Olivia
Management/Owner does great job - the first 3 nights were great --- on the 4th night (when I arrived back to hotel room late, 11:00 PM), the toilet had plumbing leak problem flooding the floor + someone took AC knob off of wall air conditioner unit so cool air knob could be used so resulted in uncomfortable night.
4 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Clean place"
Nice motel fixed up clean comfortable would stay again
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Keep your money & run"
Dealt w/complete incompetence, 2 w/o email confirmation paid twice for the room; 3 put in a "discounted" (a room in bad-almost non-rentable condition)room a paid for a room in better condition. On top of being late night,being sick it just made the whole experience worse to be in a room that I was afraid to touch anything or let anything touch me. Then in the morning the maids banged on the door saying check out was 11:30&we should be leaving, called&hung up 2x's. I reluctantly picked up the sticky filthy phone called to confirm check out&it was at 12.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Won't stay there again"
There is no elevator. We had to drag our luggage up the stairs at 12:30am. The hallways smell like cigarettes. We reserved a king bed and they gave us a queen. One of the electrical sockets was being held in by wallpaper. There was an iron imprint on the carpet.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"Won't stay here again."
No elevator. Had to drag our luggage up the stairs at 12:30am. We reserved a king bed and they put us in a room with a queen bed. One of the electrical outlets was being held in by wallpaper. There was an iron imprint on the carpet. The keys to our room kept getting deactivated because of our cell phones. The hallways smell like cigarettes. One guy that works there was helpful and got us moved to a different room.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Cheap hotel for a quick night stay"
Staff was courteous but room had strong smell, probably to cover up past smoker room history. Cheap hotel for a quick night stay
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Ian
"Perfect for what was needed for!!"
Rooms were fine for 3 day Business Trip.. Close to Highway
Other trip May 18, 2015
Bug
"If you need a bed for the night, this works."
Well enough for a one night stay: clean, comfy king size bed and soft pillows, friendly front desk attendants, meager continental breakfast. Heater in room was either too hot or too cold needing frequent adjusting. Bathroom was clean, although the shower was a little sad. The end of the hallway had plastic lining the floor - not sure if it was a leak or a remodel. Had a fridge and microwave in room which was nice. For the price not bad.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Good value!"
Good value hotel. Staff is friendly enough and the rooms are livable, albeit dated and worn. I stay here whenever I'm in town to save some money.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
The suite was very comfortable and would absolutely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
J
"Home from home"
Relaxing
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Facility does not honor any requests."
We were placed on the second floor without an elevator. I asked if I could be reasigned to a rooom on the first floor and was told no.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"Comfortable hotel close to restaurants"
Staff very helpful and very experienced I would recommend this to a friend
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
jimmy
"Needs renovatuon"
Room needs a face lift. Everything old and shabby. Electrical outlets don't work.
7 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2014
Barry
"Nice hotel conveniently located"
Easy check in and out. Breakfast needs improvement (stale food)
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
tony
"Todds fun night"
Just stayed one night with my wife But was great night :)
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Todd
"FURNISHING UPGRADE NEEDED"
Overall fine stay, except furniture was shabby, in need of updating (chair, chest of drawers, beside stands, TV). Bathroom sink faucet way past it's "beauty" life.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Roscoe
The stay was nice and was the hotel was wonderfully quiet, which made the stay much more enjoyable.
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nothing like the picture"
It was run down it looked like the room was never maintained really old run down furniture it was just ugh...
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
dear guest We would like to thank you for staying with us. I am sorry if we may have caused you inconvenience and would like to apologize. We are currently in the process of doing some renovations. We hope to see you in the near future. Thank you
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Cb
"If u smoke and can sleep thru everything"
Wow everything was terrible. We got a no smoking room but the hallway smelled of smoke as well as the stairwell . Later on I saw three men smoking outside the stairwell . The room smelled like a cheap car scent. The bed sheets were swimming in bleach smell. There were people revving their car and leaving at all times of night. There was a girl crying all night next to our room. The best part of the hotel was leaving it.
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
Melissa Thank you for your feed back, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have cause during your stay. We strive to make every customer happy. Thank you for your feed back which will be shared with are staff to make improvements. Thank you
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
"Not a bad deal for a place to sleep"
Overall, clean and neat. I just needed a place to sleep, and you can't beat the price.
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
Thank you for staying with use, Hope to see you again.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Rooms were clean. Staff was very polite. Close to 84 highway. Bathroom could use some remodeling. Tile in bathroom floor was cracked and ceiling looked like it had a leak so one tile was falling down. Plaster in bathroom could use some work. But otherwise was comfortable and clean.
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
Thank you for your feed back, we are currently remodeling all of are bathrooms, I hope you will get to see are fresh updated look in the near future. Thank you
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Not a smoker"
Was not told that this was a smoking room. Adjacent rooms (full of smokers) vented into our room. Very disappointing.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
The rooms are what you would hope them to be: clean, enough towels, they get pretty dark with the curtain closed for some good sleep, and the staff has been friendly every time we stop here. Go with realistic expectations and you won't be disappointed.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Non-smoking? Please..."
I booked a non-smoking, King room for 3 nights to go up and visit family. Unfortunately, the stay was just terrible. I was prepared for this, but still.. the breakfast was a joke and the room was dingy, but that is typical of the type of hotel, so whatever. What really got me upset was the non-smoking room I stayed in was wedged between SMOKING rooms, so that was extremely upsetting. Yes, this was the least expensive of the hotels/rooms available, but was it worth it? No. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere SLIGHTLY nicer, but still get a good deal.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Good for the price!"
Overall good hotel, great location, close to everything. Clean, affordable.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
Guy
"Lovely area - old motel"
This motel was a huge disappointment. Located in a lovely area but once you enter the room what a disappointment. It was dreary, old and looked like it was furnished by garage sales.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Cathy
"Howard Johnsons Bethel Conneticut"
We stayed there for 4 nights and found the staff to be VERY friendly & professional. Our room was found to be comfortable and the rates thru Expedia were reasonable. The maids were very kind when we needed any supplies. The micro, coffee machine, and fridge worked fine. I would return to them and recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 17, 2014
KATHY
"Nice and basic place, good value."
Very nice and large space. Friendly housekeeping staff. Very good value. Some concerns about the internet - new internet speed was very slow (compared with previous visits), as they set up new routers. Also got knocked off a few times. Bed comfortable, refrigerator and microwave provided (in the suites). Hallways and stairways clean but beginning to show their age.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Jayce
The staff were friendly and courteous. The exercise room came in handy. We were close to any stores we might have needed. The location's proximity to both Southbury and Candlewood Lake made it perfect for our needs.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"resonable"
comfortable stay for a resonable price, was impressed by the cleanliness of the bedroom, however the towels had brown spots, which I did not use.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Ok for a night"
I've stayed at this hotel many times so I guess something must be right about it. Overall an older hotel. Nothing special but the price was right. Has a micro-fridge in room. The bed was solid but some fraying in the carpet. The breakfast is almost non-existent compared to other hotels. Previous reviews cited few choices for restaurants. There's Rizzutos which you can walk to which is on the other side of the street down about 200 feet next to the Wine Store. Nice restaurant.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
ray
"Great deal"
Considering the price $67 plus tax. Room fridge microwave breakfast. Its a bargain. Clean and quiet
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
A very clean room with a microwave and fridge. Priced right. Would stay there again
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
Toni
"Expensive for what you get. Takes pets."
This one is 5 miles off the interstate, down a small road with really no signs anywhere to let you know you're headed correctly. Fine if you have a navigation system or are good with maps. PRO: It takes pets -- which is why we went there. it's clean, well maintained inside and out, and quiet. The beds were of decent firmness. This nonsmoking room didn't smell of smoke. The carpet was inoffensive. All surfaces in the bathroom sparkled. There was a fridge in the room. They serve something to eat in the morning. The window in the room was openable. CON: This room was 20% more than the econolodge we stayed at the night before. The pet cost was double. Breakfast was coffee, tea, choice of two dried cereals, two juices, and several breads -- roughly half what we got at the Econolodge. It was impossible to make a reservation by phone because the man answering did not speak English well enough to be understood. The screen fell out of the window when I opened it. The groundfloor window had no apparent lock. This is a facility reaching the end of its useful life . The furnishings and building are dated and vaguely shabby. The operation, amateur. At this level of service and facilities, the HoJo should be charging $15% to 20% less than an Econolodge, not 20% more. There are four or five chain hotels within two block of the place, all with more upscale and newer facilities. One of them is likely a better value
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Not what I expected"
The room didn't look or feel clean. The location was convenient though. I wouldn't stay here again. There are several other options very nearby
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2013
"Decent Hotel for a cheap price"
Not much to say, other then it was a good cheap hotel. I got my moneys worth for my stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
The only think we did not like was the banging and sawing at 9am sunday morning! We also had people yelling and screaming at 2am saturday morning.
2 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013