All hotels in Bethel, Connecticut, United States of America
21 Stony Hill Rd, Bethel, CT, 06801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Super friendly"
Hotel staff was very friendly. Rooms were roomy and clean.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2013
"24 hr diner across st. ,"
it was okay.. the hallways had an over whelming scent of cleaning product; toliet seat was like a roller coaster ride.. toliet verylow to the ground, needs updating... run had pieces taken out.. continential breakfast was only till 10 and at 10.01 not able to get even a cup of oj....
2 night trip Mar 13, 2013
It's a clean, great location and price hotel.. But, apparently there are some scammers working the area trying to get people to divulge private info.. I asked the front desk because i recieved a call to the room from a fake Hotel Manager... They know about it but do not warn guests....
1 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
joe
"great place"
I visit a nearby town two weekends a month and this is the perfect place to stay. Place is clean and a very good service offered. Rooms are a lil outdated but very clean. I def recomend it!!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
The place was very clean, and price was good, there is a peruvian restaurant near by it's wonderful,
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
Shervin
"Exactly what I would have expected for $50/night"
This motel is exactly what I would have expected for $50/night. I think that the furnishings, linens, curtains, etc., are from the original HoJos from the 70s. That being said, although everything is old, it is very clean. The stopper in the sink didn't work and the heater left a lot to be desired, but like i said, the stuff there is old. I don't sleep "in" hotel beds anyway, I bring my own linens and sleep on top of the bed. So even tho their linens looked clean, I really didn't take a close look. The towels were very clean and fluffy. Tub was clean. The TV worked, free WiFi, coffee pot & fridge in the room. I always ask for a room by the exit, so location is usually near to where I park. I had a small problem with the heater and the front desk guy was there in minutes. Got it working and was on his way in less than 20 minutes. Coffee, cereal, the bare basics for the Continental breakfast, but I don't eat much so I don't care what they have. I was treated very nicely, it was very inexpensive and served its purpose. What more can I say? I've stayed there before and I will definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Feb 1, 2013
Kate
Clean and well maintained the room was large, with fridge & microwave.I would stay again. Good value for the price.
2 night trip Jan 22, 2013
"great for the price"
it is a good motel for the price, nice location and quiet .
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2012
aaron
The only thing I didn't like about it was, their exercising room. The equipment is very old and two out of three didn't work. Other then that, if you're not into exercising the Hotel was nice.
4 night business trip Nov 6, 2012
"Alarm...s"
If you have more than three or four alarms at night...you should have picked another place.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2012
dave
It was very pleasant. It had all the amenities I needed and then some.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
Met all the basics very well. Clean and relatively comfortable for a bargain price.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2012
Don
"Right next door to a 7-11 store"
I though that my stay was so pleasant I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2012
"Needed overnight accommodation"
We were traveling thru mountains so had to book room on-line, since we did not have adequate cell phone transmission & therefore initially could not ask questions relating to room access, accommodations, etc. So, when we arrived, we found it extremely inconvenient having to enter thru outside entrance & carry bags, etc., down inside hallway to access room. No where on HJ web site or Hotels.com did we find info relating to room entrance, etc. Also, Hotels.com did not have any info on how to inquire re- Senior Discount, AAA, or any other type of discount (once room was booked, the rate could not be negotiable). Room & bath were pleasantly clean, altho we question whether or not blanket & bedspread are laundered, as they should be, after every room turnover -- & is the TV Remote sanitized, as many hotels/motels/inns are now doing??. Bed was too soft & lumpy, as we see many others have noted in their ratings. We had a "King-Nonsmoking room, which had a strong odor/fumes of some type of cleaning agent that seemed to linger too long. Also, It would have been nice if the room had a small refrigerator. Upon ck-in, the Hotel Desk Clerk was friendly, professional & knowledgable, & we give her an Excellent Rating!
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2012
Bud & Pat
"pleasant stay"
The motel was in a quiet location yet convenient to Rte 84. Friendly staff and good customer service provided a homey atmosphere in the office/breakfast room. Room was spacious and bed was comfortable but blanket and floor had cigarette burns (even though we were in a non-smoking room). Bathroom door had some water damage at bottom which made it a little hard to close. Shower was nice. TV and internet worked fine. Overall enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2012

"Close to the interstate"
We were just using it as a stop on a long trip. We were not sure what to expect but felt it was a good value for our purpose.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Worth the cost"
This hotel was nice. I didn't quite realize where it was when I booked it originally but it worked out well. The room was nice, apart from what appeared to be a few cigarette burns on the linens. I however would stay here again as the staff was friendly and efficient.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
Liam

"One night stay at Howard Johnson"
Clean, good beds, quiet. Just stayed for a night, but perfect if you just need a bed. Nice bathroom, and a great diner right across the street for breakfast.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
Hjalmar
"Muito simples e não cumpriram o combinado!"
Reservei para 5 pessoas, porém, só havia cama para 4. Me deram um quarto para deficiente físico. Café ridículo.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
2 night trip May 9, 2015
Pamela
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Cheapest around"
1 night trip Jul 31, 2012
2 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Response by Howard Johnson Bethel
Thank you for staying with us.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for Howard Johnson Bethel

"Room was clean, however there was a large hole in the..."
07/28/15 AnnPittsburgh_PA Baden, Pennsylvania
Room was clean, however there was a large hole in the carpet, hole in the wall and cigarette burns on the bedspread.
"GOOD FOR JUST OVERNIGHT"
07/24/15 Glenn P Home. PA
The room was to be non-smoking but we could smell smoke in the room. Parking spaces were few. The free breakfast was very poor compared to other hotel chains. The room was spacious and the beds were adequate but not comfortable. The bathroom was okay. I would recommend it for just an overnight stay.
"Howard Johnson Bethel, CT"
07/08/15 nicholasc154 Islip Terrace, New York
Overall the experience was good. The room was clean and quite nice. The front desk staff were extremely nice and accomodating. The house keeping staff however never cleaned our rooms nor provided us with new towels or the extra blankets we requested from them personally. I went to the front desk and they provided me with what i asked for and apologized for the inconvenience. Overall we enjoyed staying there and would do so again.
"Very nice, very clean, worth a stay!"
06/30/15 Jojomama5
I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. I stayed here a couple of years ago and they've definitely upgraded. There was a flat screen tv, remodeled, cheery bathroom, nice linen and toiletries and coffee were provided. The Continental breakfast was varied: Fruit, Oatmeal, muffins, pastry, bagels and 2.choices of cold cereal and juice/coffee! Conveniently located off I-84 and easy to access and has a small fitness room! Also a refrigerator and microwave! Wow!
"uninhabitable"
06/15/15 Karen L West Sunbury
We are seniors and had been traveling all day - it was getting dark and late. everywhere we checked there were no vacancies. However the Bethel Conn Hojo said they did have one room left in their old building. We had to get some rest so we paid. The room stunk of bug killer so we went to the store and bought air freshener in order to tolerate the chemical smell. The end table fell apart when I rested mWe are seniors and had been traveling all day - it was getting dark and late. everywhere we checked there were no vacancies. However the Bethel Conn Hojo said they did have one room left in their old building. We had to get some rest so we paid. The room stunk of bug killer so we went to the store and bought air freshener in order to tolerate the chemical smell. The end y hand on it for balance, the lights didn't work and my husband had to go to office and get a light bulb. The place was disgusting. we were even told by the "permanent" resident of the room next to ours that we could not park in the empty spot in front of our unit as it was his wife's spot... quite rude. We held our breath and did manage to get 3 or 4 hours sleep so we felt safe in continuing our road trip. We didn't bring any personal belongings in this room except night clothes. We put our day clothes in plastic bags and hung them on the door handle so they didn't come in contact with the dirty chair or carpet.. I have stayed in motels in most every state in the U.S. and some in foreign countries. This was by far the worst I ever endured. The BATES motel from Hell. If I hadnt been so exhausted and felt it was not safe to continue driving I would have never never stayed here. The building should be condemned. and we should be given a refund of the $70.00 we paid.
"DO NOT STAY HERE !"
06/01/15 XNomadicX
This place was absolutely disgusting ! The room was decorated with mold and rust ! The furniture looks as if it was retrieved from the local dump ! Constant noise will flood your ears to all hours of the night. I was offered paraphernalia by a group of noise making miscreants drinking alcohol in the middle of the parking lot ! The employees will do nothing to make your stay more pleasant when asked ! The Continental breakfast advertised is nothing more then a bin of expired stale fruit loops cereal. The toilet in the room overflowed ,and the shower backed up also. None of the hairdryers work ,the outlets are faulty, and the microwave blows the entire circuit upon use. This also took multiple hours to repair. I am positive I saw bed bugs also.. I was shocked that a hotel could be so terrible ! I demanded a refund in the morning ,and was not indulged in the least. My point is very simple , DO NOT STAY HERE ! You will regret it..
"This HoJo was just an overnight stay while our daughter was..."
02/20/15 Harriet S Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
This HoJo was just an overnight stay while our daughter was visiting a college. It was very clean, affordable & convenient to our destination. Mr. Patel, the proprietor, was very nice. We would stay again!
"Howard Johnsons the place to stay"
02/11/15 Ellen D Tampa
Been Staying here every couple of months for the past 3 years....Always pleasant customer service. Rooms always clean.
"wyndham rewards"
11/17/14 michaelhE9312GZ Daytona Beach, Florida
A place to sleep. Overall was okay. The only real problem was not asked for my rewards card,and I failed to remember to give it t the clerk. So I guess I wont get credit for this stay.
"Don't stay here"
11/02/14 Kathleen M Depew, New York
There was black mold in the shower area also the rug was dirty upon entering the room. There is no way I would ever go back to this hotel!!!!!!!! you also could the people in the other rooms not a quiet hotel. The oly good thing about this hotel is I left it!!!!!