All hotels in Lakeport, California, United States of America
1120 N Main St, Lakeport, CA, 95453, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Facility is aging. Have stayed here three times over last 15 years. It is nice but getting old looking. Rooms need to have some sprucing up. In our room the toilet was not attached too floor firmly and did leak when it tipped a little while wiping.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"tweak the price for perfect rating"
Very friendly! Very very clean, for an older building. We stayed lake side 2nd floor. Price is little higher for not having a breakfast included or use of kitchen utensils. Nice big rooms.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
LaDonna
"July Stay"
The stay was fine, the bed was like a concrete slab.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Staff gave us a beautiful room overlooking the lake on our second night and did not charge extra for it. We were impressed with the room and the fact that they offered it to us. Enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
edwin
"Value on the lake"
Great bargain on the lake! Room clean, air condition was turned on before my arrival , big fridge. Great value thru hotels.com
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
david J
"Hard bed"
Shower room is broken, king size bed is made of two twin size bed stuck together underneath that makes the top bed very firm and hard..
3 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Rex
"OKAY stay"
in my opinion this hotel is in serious need of a few updates,ie: tv's , led light bulbs,etc. tv in this room also had cable signal issues,lots of snow,wiggled cable it would clear up
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Todd
"A little outdated but very nice and clean!!"
The hotel was right on the last which was very nice. Our room, although pretty outdated, was very clean. We needed extra pillows and the desk clerk was very prompt in bringing them to us. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we would stay there again when visiting family in the area. Thanks!!
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Nicest staff anywhere"
This is a tough review, because I really want to give this hotel a great rating. The staff get rave reviews. They couldn't be kinder and more accommodating. I screwed up my reservation and they worked it out without any fuss...and are just really nice people. Also, the rooms are so clean and the lake rooms have great views. The rooms are large but very dated. My biggest complaint is that the beds aren't comfortable-really hard. Still, the only other real options in the Lakeport general area are much more expensive. If you need a more reasonably priced hotel, this is your choice in this area. Do NOT stay at the other budget priced hotels. They are skeevy.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Jana
"Lake view"
Here to relax and do nothing. Zillion dollar view in the lake view rooms.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Ron
Very nice; not fancy but beautiful area; very clean
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"1-Day Stay at Skylark Shores Resort"
Nice location, older motel type facility right next to the lake which was nice. Room was comfortable except for the huge mosquitos which were everywhere, and seemed a little overpriced. The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Late checkout time of 3:00 p.m. may be nice for some but we didn't take advantage of it.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"working in lakeport"
my experience was great! i work, and eat and sleep. thank you
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Nick
"Hotel is right on the water"
Easy to find. Good food close by. But there were hookers and drug dealers ocupying the parking lot shortly after sundown till the wee hours of the night. Maybe good for some folks but not me....i didnt have a issue with anyone but they were there doing thier thing. Very sleazy i thought.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
robert
"Overpriced, older motel in a decent location"
The room was a little overpriced for what we got, though the rooms closer to the lake look much better. We got a single king bed and the room was a little cramped, whereas if we taken a double-queen room, the rooms looked much larger. Room could use refurbishing, though it was clean; so much so that it smelled a little too strongly of disinfectant. The location is good and you can walk to nearby restaurants and lake.Staff is very nice. I may've ended up with a few flea bites though, which was not good.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Outstanding service"
The hotel staff went above and beyond. This was a getaway to remember. Will be back for sure!! Very spacious room. The landscape was a wide open feel, not mass produced hotel. Will make this an annual retreat.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
anthony
"nice place"
Stay was nice....would stay again. ..
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
charles
"Limited choices in Lakeport"
This is an old hotel and cabin style hotel. It is old and kept up to date in painting over past. I stay here on business as there are few choices in the small city. For nearly 100 bucks in February it is over priced for what you get but supply and demand dictates. I can't even imagine being here for a couple of nights for vacation.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
david
"On the Lake"
I love the location of this hotel/motel. It is right on the lake. Some rooms have a view of the lake which is lovely. The hotel is a little bit old and there were spiderwebs on the ceiling of my room. I love the tile in the bathroom of room 101 and the fact that there are picnic tables and bbq's ready for you to use. The staff is very friendly.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nicest place on the lake"
For this area, it is the nicest place we have stayed in.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"What a view!"
We had a lake front view that took our breath away. Room was very nice, love the extras on the porch. The geese what a treat to see. Will come back and tell friends. thank you
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Shirley
"Cheap for a reason"
The bed was a queen not a king like I wanted and when I did finally lay down it was harder than a rock. The shower was so short the highest I could get the shower head to point was at my chest. Also the wifi didn't work
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Justin
"Good Customrer Service"
The hotel is a bit basic but nice when compared to other hotels in the area. The service is the best part. I arrived quite late. While I was on the road, I received a call checking up on my arrival time and asking how to simplify check in due to my late arrival. I thought it was very thoughtful.
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"The best fish in a small pond"
It's an old fashioned lakeside, one story L-shaped building meant for summer lake vacations. We went in December, when all of the local hotels are empty. Everything was OK. We were happily surprised that the room stayed at the temperature we wanted with very little heater noise and no outside noises. It appears to be the best hotel in a dying lake-vacation area. I have a mother and sister who live in the area, so we visit frequently.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Cary
"Home on the lake."
We try to come here once a year, and we are never disappointed. We stay in the lakeside rooms. The view is the best! It's right next door to a little cafe. While the rooms may be "dated" compared to other hotels in the city, the rooms are cozy, and cottage-esque. Very large and are always clean.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, no frills"
The Skylark Shores Resort met my criteria and expectations of a no frills, easy on the pocket book hotel. Think somewhere between a run down Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was accommodating. They reset the wi-fi router when I couldn't get online (resolved that issue), and they comped me to a larger room. Not sure if that's policy off-season or because I've stayed there before. Perhaps just luck. Either way, I appreciated the gesture.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Rob
"clean, friendly, affordable"
This rating is based on the overall options in Lakeport. Unless you want to fork out a cfew hundred dollars for a night at a bed and breakfast,this is your best option for a hotel/motel. (Room entrances are outside.) They keep the place clean, but they have not gotten new televisions or bedspreads in many many years. Compared to options in a bigger city, this would have much lower ratings, but as far as Lakeport standards go this is pretty good. I really only spoke to one staff member, Steven, and he was very friendly and accommodating, excellent customer service. I checked out with the manager which consisted of me handing her my room cards and her asking how my stay was, which is also good customer service, so I was pleased. The view is very nice too because it's right on the lake. We stayed in room 101 and could see the water from our sliding glass door. We always stay there when visiting family in town and have never been disappointed. Like I said, the standards are different there, but the price is right, the rooms are clean, and the service is friendly. I'd recommend it if you're staying in Lakeport.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Peace and quite"
They were very nice to us. Loved the ducks!
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Thin walls"
The room was clean, but very old and outdated furniture, and bedspread. Room smelled like a combination of musty and bleach. The walls were as thin as paper, and you could here exact words of neighbors conversation. Unfortunately our neighbor was a loud mouth so it made our late night and early morning sleep a huge issue. The outside grounds were very pretty. Room had a fridge and microwave so that was nice. Place is just old and felt like no privacy due to thin walls.
"Great hotel with a wonderful view!"
The staff was very friendly. It was safe and I'd come back anytime. There is a huge grass area, private picnic table and BBQ for each lakeside room. I can't wait to come back next year.
"Choose the lake facing rooms"
This hotel extends to two buildings: one beautiful two stories building, facing the lake, and a less appealing motel looking one story building facing a parking lot. Be aware of it when making your reservation. We stayed in one of the ugly building rooms. The room were extremely clean (the smell of bleach was very strong in the room), basic, but comfortable.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Motel in Lakeport Ca."
I had a very nice pleasant stay with a very nice scenic view of the lake from my window. I have stayed at the hotel many times. It is time the hotel has some upgrades. For example, flatscreen TVs would be a big improvement. Also, smokers create a problem when the rooms are close together. Once I got a cabin off the Lake, the smoke from smokers was so bad, I had to close all the windows and doors. I could not even go outside and enjoy my patio. A few dollars more, but Best rooms are on the water.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"Very Poor Conditions"
I am sorry to say that the room conditions were awful. The bathroom had black mold on the walls and in the shower area that was a completely unsanitary condition. I reported the condition to the guest manager and he showed no interest in addressing the problem nor correcting the condition. This lack of response to this responsibility prompted my wife and I to cancel a second nights stay in which we requested a full refund. We were directed to contact Expedia for the refund. Currently waiting for a reply from Expedia.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Loved this place"
Property well maintained. Staff is friendly. Beautiful view of the lake from the room. Beds were comfortable. Would stay again.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice hotel with lakefront view"
Stayed twice for work awesome hotel with amazing cottage breakfast cafe next door
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
The Duke
"Very close to lake"
The room was very nice with a lake view. Very nice lawn area. The pool was very cold however. The hotel is right on the lake and in walking distance of the town of Lakeport. There was a band and dancing in the street on Saturday night. We enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Carole
"Birthday Stay"
Resort/motel was clean, well-kept grounds and well above average for Lakeport.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Tim Gomes
"Ok Hotel"
Hotel is simple, clean, and OK for the money you pay. For breakfast there are 2 breakfast restaurants in walking distance, so its good that they do not offer the cheap breakfast you normally get at this type of Hotels.All in all, for a short weekend it is OK
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
PeterE.
"Not bad, a bit worn."
Overall not bad, but I expected a bit more for the price. The AC unit was incredibly loud and I had to turn it off to sleep. Clean, but a bit worn out.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Quick overnight"
Just needed a place for the night. It was clean and had a GREAT view. Nice big room. They upgraded us for free because we wanted a queen. Looked like a good place for longer visits. Close to a couple if good diners. Downstairs rooms came with a BBQ grill.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Angie
"Mold around the shower and the shower was cold"
Beautiful location but the room sucked. I will never stay there again.
Response by Skylark Shores Resort
I dont believe this is a Skylark Review. This may have been posted to an incorrect hotel..
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Great location next to Clear Lake."
I loved being close to the lake and sitting on my little patio watching the lake and the birds in the trees. I had a very comfortable bed which helped me have a good night's sleep. The facility is showing it's age though. For example, the shower was old and worn but clean.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Nice view of lake. Facility is old but well kept up.
Other trip May 20, 2014
""Resort" may be somewhat optimistic"
When the word 'resort' is used in a business name, it implies a certain level of sophistication. Yes, this property is located right on Clear Lake, but that's where the real amenities end. Other than the swing set and the small, duck-inhabited outdoor pool, there is nothing resort-like about this place. The rooms are very small and beds quite uncomfortable; the windows are original to the 1960's construction. Inside, furnishings reek of the 1980's, right down to the 18" faux-oak vanity in the bathroom that was too small to be useful. The bathroom door frame in our room was out of plumb due to foundation settling, so the bathroom door couldn't completely close. The shower (no tub) was turned on with an irrigation valve spliced into the neck of the shower head; this was a very low-class solution to a problem that should have been properly fixed at the faucet control. Add to that the very thin walls allowing us to be privy to our neighbors' conversations, and this place quickly becomes not at all worth the $130 we paid for the night. "Resort?" No. "Last resort" is more like it.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Eric M
"Great place for a mini-vacation"
My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Skylark Shores. Everything is so convenient, and the staff were very friendly. After reading some of the hotel.com's reviews, I thought there will be a BBQ grill available; however, the poolside room do not include the use of this amenity. To my surprise when I asked the front office lady the next morning to borrow a grill, she upgraded our room to a lawn view room for free. We enjoyed our BBQ for lunch and dinner. We look forward to our next vacation at Skylark Shores. I will be sure to bring my fishing pole.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice lakefront property, clean hotel"
Clean cozy rooms, beautiful spacious lakefront property
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
not what I thought but overall not that bad Did ask for a upgrade and told none available
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
rosemarydysinger
"Skylark stay"
The only problem I had with this place was the smell of bleach in the bathroom. They should air freshner or something to get rid of that smell.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Judy
"Gorgeous lake, great location"
Went up for a funeral, so we had to book quickly and for a lot of people. They were accommodating beyond any hotel we had ever stayed at. GM used to work at a marriott and is incredible. Checked in with a many named Havi (I think, I was so tired!) and he was amazing as well. Will come back for a more joyous stay.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
kim
"We got the room with lake view."
It was beautiful. This time of the year it was very quiet with a little overcast. No breakfast was offered but they did provide cookies and coffee in the morning.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014