All hotels in Lakeport, California, United States of America
1120 N Main St, Lakeport, CA, 95453, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Skylark shores resort"
bed was not very comfortable and the pillows need to be replaced with thicker ones; I tossed and turned all night. For this price, I was expecting better. Still, it was convenient. If I stay here again, I will bring my own pillows or ask for a room with a better bed.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Overall great motel resort except for couple of issues: 1. Room heater won't go above about 65F so cold room in winter. 2. Bathroom had no exhaust fan that is uncommon.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Raman
"Cute place, no frills but good service."
We arrived late but the desk clerk stayed and was waiting for us when we arrived, and had the keys ready with a plate of cookies. He room was average sized and somewhat weathered, but acceptable and the bed was comfy.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
just 1 night it was ok
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2015
Roberta
"Must ask for lake front room"
We stayed for one night but I booked for the lake front location. Even thought it was on a Wednesday night and the hotel was clearly not full, they would not give us a lake front room. The pictures looked so nice with a porch area facing the lake and I booked weeks in advance, but when we arrived, they would not give us a lakefront room. We walked to the lake in the morning, but it would have been nice to be overlooking the lake.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Great time
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2015
Kathryn
"Alright stay outdated room"
The stay was fine but the room needs alot of things fixed in it.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
"Rundown and noisy"
Very disappointing. Cannot believe they can charge $100 a night for this place. Very rundown facility- cracked glass door, broken curtains, bathroom is like a truck stop - peeling paint and all. Paper thin walls- it's like you're in the same room with your neighbor's blasting tv all night (all night!). Wifi is a joke, maxed out and unusable most of the time. We stayed here for 3 nights during our move out of the area and it was not at all a good experience.
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
Andrea
"Backyard is a beautiful lake BUT"
It's at a nice location. Room is old and needs updating. Bathroom is small. Its ok for the price since I cant expect 5 star for such nightly price. Staff are not friendly at all. Front desk closes shop and goes to sleep at 10pm, they will leave the keys under the mat if you arrive later than 10pm
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Minh
"It's ok...."
This motel needs to be updated, it's from 1970's. Shower door wouldn't close all the way. 3 different light bulbs in the lamps were burnt out. Carpet was dirty, my feet turned brown after getting out of the shower and walking around room to get ready.
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Ken
"Nice property"
This is a very nice property lake front with horseshoes, tether ball, swings, ping pong etc. The poolside rooms are just basic motel rooms. Lawn and lake front rooms much better. Easy to walk into Lakeport. Also restaurants very close by.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Carole
Facility is aging. Have stayed here three times over last 15 years. It is nice but getting old looking. Rooms need to have some sprucing up. In our room the toilet was not attached too floor firmly and did leak when it tipped a little while wiping.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"tweak the price for perfect rating"
Very friendly! Very very clean, for an older building. We stayed lake side 2nd floor. Price is little higher for not having a breakfast included or use of kitchen utensils. Nice big rooms.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
LaDonna
"July Stay"
The stay was fine, the bed was like a concrete slab.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Staff gave us a beautiful room overlooking the lake on our second night and did not charge extra for it. We were impressed with the room and the fact that they offered it to us. Enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
edwin
"OK. Not many choices in Lakeport"
Non smoking room smelled like smoke. Sheets were average hotel sheets. At least 75 count Bathroom clean which was nice. Bed was kind of old. They need to replace. TV reception mediocre. TV small
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
es
"Value on the lake"
Great bargain on the lake! Room clean, air condition was turned on before my arrival , big fridge. Great value thru hotels.com
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
david J
"Hard bed"
Shower room is broken, king size bed is made of two twin size bed stuck together underneath that makes the top bed very firm and hard..
3 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Rex
"OKAY stay"
in my opinion this hotel is in serious need of a few updates,ie: tv's , led light bulbs,etc. tv in this room also had cable signal issues,lots of snow,wiggled cable it would clear up
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Todd
"A little outdated but very nice and clean!!"
The hotel was right on the last which was very nice. Our room, although pretty outdated, was very clean. We needed extra pillows and the desk clerk was very prompt in bringing them to us. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we would stay there again when visiting family in the area. Thanks!!
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Good for families. Nice location, staff."
Comfortable and clean, if not luxurious, this place was our base of operations during a recent trip to watch the Grebes "dancing" on the lake, courtesy of Eyes of the Wild boat trips. The Lake View rooms are somewhat nicer than the Pool View rooms for a few dollars more. We thought the establishment would be a great place to stay with children of all ages. The playground on the property included swings, etc., for small kids, as well as ping pong, volleyball, and horseshoes for older children and adults. The staff was very helpful, providing us with a list of nearby restaurants and book on the area from the Chamber of Commerce. After birding at the Clear Lake State Park, which was virtually deserted, we tried the Saw Shop Gallery Bistro in Kelseyville, which lived up to the recommendation. The area around the motel has some marvelous old trees that produced a bumper crop of White-breasted Nuthatches. We counted seven on one tree. The boat launch for trips on the lake is a few blocks away, making this a convenient location in a charming little town. The free WiFi worked in the rooms. I found it slow, but serviceable. Room Tip: Some of the rooms and cottages have kitchenettes, an added convenience for families.
Other trip May 29, 2015
The Other Jim
"Nicest staff anywhere"
This is a tough review, because I really want to give this hotel a great rating. The staff get rave reviews. They couldn't be kinder and more accommodating. I screwed up my reservation and they worked it out without any fuss...and are just really nice people. Also, the rooms are so clean and the lake rooms have great views. The rooms are large but very dated. My biggest complaint is that the beds aren't comfortable-really hard. Still, the only other real options in the Lakeport general area are much more expensive. If you need a more reasonably priced hotel, this is your choice in this area. Do NOT stay at the other budget priced hotels. They are skeevy.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Jana
"Lake view"
Here to relax and do nothing. Zillion dollar view in the lake view rooms.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Ron
Very nice; not fancy but beautiful area; very clean
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"1-Day Stay at Skylark Shores Resort"
Nice location, older motel type facility right next to the lake which was nice. Room was comfortable except for the huge mosquitos which were everywhere, and seemed a little overpriced. The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Late checkout time of 3:00 p.m. may be nice for some but we didn't take advantage of it.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"working in lakeport"
my experience was great! i work, and eat and sleep. thank you
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Nick
"Hotel is right on the water"
Easy to find. Good food close by. But there were hookers and drug dealers ocupying the parking lot shortly after sundown till the wee hours of the night. Maybe good for some folks but not me....i didnt have a issue with anyone but they were there doing thier thing. Very sleazy i thought.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
robert
"Overpriced, older motel in a decent location"
The room was a little overpriced for what we got, though the rooms closer to the lake look much better. We got a single king bed and the room was a little cramped, whereas if we taken a double-queen room, the rooms looked much larger. Room could use refurbishing, though it was clean; so much so that it smelled a little too strongly of disinfectant. The location is good and you can walk to nearby restaurants and lake.Staff is very nice. I may've ended up with a few flea bites though, which was not good.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Outstanding service"
The hotel staff went above and beyond. This was a getaway to remember. Will be back for sure!! Very spacious room. The landscape was a wide open feel, not mass produced hotel. Will make this an annual retreat.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
anthony
"nice place"
Stay was nice....would stay again. ..
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
charles
"Limited choices in Lakeport"
This is an old hotel and cabin style hotel. It is old and kept up to date in painting over past. I stay here on business as there are few choices in the small city. For nearly 100 bucks in February it is over priced for what you get but supply and demand dictates. I can't even imagine being here for a couple of nights for vacation.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
david
"On the Lake"
I love the location of this hotel/motel. It is right on the lake. Some rooms have a view of the lake which is lovely. The hotel is a little bit old and there were spiderwebs on the ceiling of my room. I love the tile in the bathroom of room 101 and the fact that there are picnic tables and bbq's ready for you to use. The staff is very friendly.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nicest place on the lake"
For this area, it is the nicest place we have stayed in.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"What a view!"
We had a lake front view that took our breath away. Room was very nice, love the extras on the porch. The geese what a treat to see. Will come back and tell friends. thank you
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Shirley
"Cheap for a reason"
The bed was a queen not a king like I wanted and when I did finally lay down it was harder than a rock. The shower was so short the highest I could get the shower head to point was at my chest. Also the wifi didn't work
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Justin
"Good Customrer Service"
The hotel is a bit basic but nice when compared to other hotels in the area. The service is the best part. I arrived quite late. While I was on the road, I received a call checking up on my arrival time and asking how to simplify check in due to my late arrival. I thought it was very thoughtful.
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"The best fish in a small pond"
It's an old fashioned lakeside, one story L-shaped building meant for summer lake vacations. We went in December, when all of the local hotels are empty. Everything was OK. We were happily surprised that the room stayed at the temperature we wanted with very little heater noise and no outside noises. It appears to be the best hotel in a dying lake-vacation area. I have a mother and sister who live in the area, so we visit frequently.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Cary
"Home on the lake."
We try to come here once a year, and we are never disappointed. We stay in the lakeside rooms. The view is the best! It's right next door to a little cafe. While the rooms may be "dated" compared to other hotels in the city, the rooms are cozy, and cottage-esque. Very large and are always clean.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, no frills"
The Skylark Shores Resort met my criteria and expectations of a no frills, easy on the pocket book hotel. Think somewhere between a run down Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was accommodating. They reset the wi-fi router when I couldn't get online (resolved that issue), and they comped me to a larger room. Not sure if that's policy off-season or because I've stayed there before. Perhaps just luck. Either way, I appreciated the gesture.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Rob
"clean, friendly, affordable"
This rating is based on the overall options in Lakeport. Unless you want to fork out a cfew hundred dollars for a night at a bed and breakfast,this is your best option for a hotel/motel. (Room entrances are outside.) They keep the place clean, but they have not gotten new televisions or bedspreads in many many years. Compared to options in a bigger city, this would have much lower ratings, but as far as Lakeport standards go this is pretty good. I really only spoke to one staff member, Steven, and he was very friendly and accommodating, excellent customer service. I checked out with the manager which consisted of me handing her my room cards and her asking how my stay was, which is also good customer service, so I was pleased. The view is very nice too because it's right on the lake. We stayed in room 101 and could see the water from our sliding glass door. We always stay there when visiting family in town and have never been disappointed. Like I said, the standards are different there, but the price is right, the rooms are clean, and the service is friendly. I'd recommend it if you're staying in Lakeport.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Peace and quite"
They were very nice to us. Loved the ducks!
2 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Thin walls"
The room was clean, but very old and outdated furniture, and bedspread. Room smelled like a combination of musty and bleach. The walls were as thin as paper, and you could here exact words of neighbors conversation. Unfortunately our neighbor was a loud mouth so it made our late night and early morning sleep a huge issue. The outside grounds were very pretty. Room had a fridge and microwave so that was nice. Place is just old and felt like no privacy due to thin walls.
"Great hotel with a wonderful view!"
The staff was very friendly. It was safe and I'd come back anytime. There is a huge grass area, private picnic table and BBQ for each lakeside room. I can't wait to come back next year.
"Choose the lake facing rooms"
This hotel extends to two buildings: one beautiful two stories building, facing the lake, and a less appealing motel looking one story building facing a parking lot. Be aware of it when making your reservation. We stayed in one of the ugly building rooms. The room were extremely clean (the smell of bleach was very strong in the room), basic, but comfortable.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Motel in Lakeport Ca."
I had a very nice pleasant stay with a very nice scenic view of the lake from my window. I have stayed at the hotel many times. It is time the hotel has some upgrades. For example, flatscreen TVs would be a big improvement. Also, smokers create a problem when the rooms are close together. Once I got a cabin off the Lake, the smoke from smokers was so bad, I had to close all the windows and doors. I could not even go outside and enjoy my patio. A few dollars more, but Best rooms are on the water.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"Very Poor Conditions"
I am sorry to say that the room conditions were awful. The bathroom had black mold on the walls and in the shower area that was a completely unsanitary condition. I reported the condition to the guest manager and he showed no interest in addressing the problem nor correcting the condition. This lack of response to this responsibility prompted my wife and I to cancel a second nights stay in which we requested a full refund. We were directed to contact Expedia for the refund. Currently waiting for a reply from Expedia.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Loved this place"
Property well maintained. Staff is friendly. Beautiful view of the lake from the room. Beds were comfortable. Would stay again.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice hotel with lakefront view"
Stayed twice for work awesome hotel with amazing cottage breakfast cafe next door
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
The Duke
"Very close to lake"
The room was very nice with a lake view. Very nice lawn area. The pool was very cold however. The hotel is right on the lake and in walking distance of the town of Lakeport. There was a band and dancing in the street on Saturday night. We enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Carole
"Birthday Stay"
Resort/motel was clean, well-kept grounds and well above average for Lakeport.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014